use multiple worksheets

I have a spreadsheet with 12 worksheets, one for each month.  I would like to
have cell names on each sheet that are identical to the others.  I was able
to create one sheet and then copy it entirely and the cells names copied
properly, however, now I need to add new information, with new cell names and
when I try to copy that portion of the worksheet to another, the name
references change and won't be absolute to each worksheet.

Help Please!

Mike
0
Norcross (1)

on the sheet you want to copy from do edit>replace, replace = with r=
(replace the equal sign with lett_equal sign),
that makes the formulas/links into text strings, now copy them over to the
new sheets, when you are done reverse the replace and find r= and replace
with =
on all sheets involved
that will make them refer to the same sheet as opposed to refering back to
the original sheet

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Mike In Norcross" wrote:

> I have a spreadsheet with 12 worksheets, one for each month.  I would like to
> have cell names on each sheet that are identical to the others.  I was able
> to create one sheet and then copy it entirely and the cells names copied
> properly, however, now I need to add new information, with new cell names and
> when I try to copy that portion of the worksheet to another, the name
> references change and won't be absolute to each worksheet.
>
> Help Please!
>
> Mike
0
PeoSjoblom (789)
12/27/2004 10:25:03 PM
Have you tried Linking all the worksheets together then adding new
information to the first one?  That works for me.

Skip Bisconer

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> on the sheet you want to copy from do edit>replace, replace = with r=
> (replace the equal sign with lett_equal sign),
> that makes the formulas/links into text strings, now copy them over to the
> new sheets, when you are done reverse the replace and find r= and replace
> with =
> on all sheets involved
> that will make them refer to the same sheet as opposed to refering back to
> the original sheet
>
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>
> "Mike In Norcross" wrote:
>
> > I have a spreadsheet with 12 worksheets, one for each month.  I would like to
> > have cell names on each sheet that are identical to the others.  I was able
> > to create one sheet and then copy it entirely and the cells names copied
> > properly, however, now I need to add new information, with new cell names and
> > when I try to copy that portion of the worksheet to another, the name
> > references change and won't be absolute to each worksheet.
> >
> > Help Please!
> >
> > Mike

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

linking worksheets #3
I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way to link ranges or worksheets to others. Hi just link the first cell e.g. ='sheet1'!A1 and copy this formula for your range. The reference will adapt automatically -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany j van c wrote: > I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way > to link ranges or worksheets to others. ...

Sumproduct with multiple date criteria
Having a tough time with this one. Sheet 1 Column A = Start Date, Column B = End Date, Column C = Quantity. Sheet 2 Row A = Start Date, Row B = End Date. I would like Row C to sum quantity from sheet 1 where ever the two date ranges intersect. The date ranges on sheet 2 represent the beginning and ending of a week (Mon-Sun). Sheet 1 Column A Column B Column C 01JAN2010 24JAN2010 1,000 Sheet 2 Row A 04JAN2010 11JAN2010 18JAN2010 25JAN2010 Row B 10JAN2010 17JAN2010 24JAN2010 31JAN2010 Row c 1,000 1,000 1,000 0 Do the Sheet 2 Star...

Excel worksheet with VBE codes don't work elsewhere
Hi, Some of my excel worksheets with embedded controls and VBA codes don' work when I open it on another PC. Is there another way to make i work? Thx -- lazybea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lazybear's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3519 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54955 Specifically what problems are you having? Saying "don't work" means absolutely nothing. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC ww...

Querying multiple records in two tables

Not using zeros in graphing.
I have a running workbook that has tons of information. I have added a sum page in order to have all the data summed up in one simple place. I have formulas that read back into the workbook to link to a cell. Depending on what moth it is, that cell could be empty as it is a yearly wookbook. For example, if this is August, then there is information in the workbook up to August, but none after. With that said, the sum page has the #DIV/0! in the cell which essentially equals zero. I also have graphs that I have linked to this sum page. My problem is in order to keep the graphs up to...

using vba so search multiple Sheets

DPM and VMM on same server using side-by-side SQL installation
Windows 2008 Std R2 Server, 64bit VMM 2007 is currently installed (with the built-in default database) SQL 2005 Express Edition, SP3, 32bit. I was advised by Microsoft that both VMM and DPM could be installed on the same server (small DR environment) The VMs are hosted on a Windows 2008 Enterprise Server w/ VS2005R2 - because the hardware didn't support HyperV. VMM works great to manage the Windows 2008 VS2005R2 Host running Win2K3 server instances ... after lots of trial and error. Now, I need to install DPM 2007 onto the same server... DPM wants to install the 64bit vers...

Use a VBA Macro inside an Excel Cell

Is there a way to graph data which utilizes the "fixed" function for decimal places? When I try this it will not graph, as the data has become text or something - even though I've selected number in the cell formats. If you've fixed the number of digits using only number formats, the values remain numeric, and they should chart just fine. This means selecting the range, going to the Formatting menu and selecting Cells, and on the Number tab, selecting Number in the category list, and setting a number of digits. I'm not familiar with a "fixed function". I...

slow sync with Calendar using Kyocera 7135 via Outlook 2003
I'm stuck and need help. I have a Two Day Old Brand New Dell Dimension 4600. Does anyone out there know what to do when Outlook 2003 is giving a Log report that reads that Outlook Calendar - Slow Sync synchronization failed? This is a first time occurence for me. Outlook also reported that a device is trying to get access to my E- Mail addresses which may indicate a Virus may be present. I've run my McAfee Virus Protection and it didn't detrect anything. I'm at my wits end and don't know what else to do. Can anybody help? ...

invalid use of property message
I am trying to cre4ate a macro that checks the value of a number of sheets to determine if they are already visible and if so it will not close them - With Sheets("Pay Inflation - Biometrics") Sheets ("Statistics") Sheets ("Direct Cost Savings Breakdown") Sheets ("OT Reduction") Sheets ("Nurse OT Reduction") Sheets ("Premium Labor Utilization") Sheets ("Pay inflation - Timestamp") Sheets ("Calculation Error") Sheets ("Le...

can not Send/receive using Outlook 2003
Just bouhght new computer and am loading all of my software that worked onmy old one. When I try to send and recieve I get the message object not found. I have used test and this work ok. I have also reloaded all of my broadband and office software numerous times to no prevail. Software Windows xp Office 2003 ADSlL broadband with bigpond Gp Check to make sure the accounts are setup correctly if they are then run Detect and Repair, still an issue then create a new profile. May also want to check your anti-virus software program setting for outgoing mail and disable that option. Rega...

Email to multiple people but show only the recepient name
Is there a way to send to ten people at once but only have one name in the To: box at a time? So that the entire list of people is not sent. Use the BCC field. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Terry asked: | Is there a way to send to ten people at once but only | have one name in the To: box at a time? So that the | entire list of people is not sen...

How do I get Outlook Today to show appts from multiple calendars?
I want the opening page (Outlook Today) to show the next week's appointments from 2 calendars. I can only get it to show one calendar and it defeats the purpose of having the summary. Ideas? If you provide some basic information like: version of Outlook where the two Calendars are located (eg is one a Public Folder, a shared Calendar, a sub-folder of your mail Calendar) you'll find getting a useful answer here much faster and less laborious. :-) Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia "MORE CALENDAR" <MORE CALENDAR@discussions....

using rule creates multiple entries. How can I stop this?
I'm going to give you the details of this so maybe someone can just tell me how to correct or whether it can be corrected. I've tried creating different rules, rules with exceptions, multiple rules with multiple exceptions, all I can think. Here is the scenario. Although I'm using Lisa as an example, this problem applies to every staffer in my 9 person office. Lisa is my secretary. She sends me internal email, staff questions and stuff which goes to a a "Staff" subfolder of the Inbox. I have a rule for this. She also sends me mail she has scanned. I ha...

Worksheet chnage event
Hi, I have the following triggered by a worksheet change (there's some other stuff before this line, but that's all working) which causes an error: Case Is = "Open" Range("a" & Target.Row & ":ac" & Target.Row).Select With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = xlNone End With Range("o" & Target.Row & ":q," & Target.Row & "t" & Target.Row_ & ":v," & T...

Linking Multiple Excel Sheets
I am not an expert in Excel....!, I encountered a situation where in I had to get data from 14 excel separate sheets having same structure (differing in values). After playing aroung with excel for few minutes, I found "Import External Data" under Data. Manually I imported all the 14 sheets and in my main sheet wrote a small formula which would give a consolidated information. With this you also have a feature which refreshes data (at specified time / or when opened). There might be a different & faster way to do it, which I am not aware of!!!. Anyway this worked for me........

Accessing PST File from Multiple Partitions
The setup is a standard home Outlook 2003 configuration from an ISP's POP server. It has worked fine for years. I have the server configured to retain mail for a couple days, so that I can check the web interface from the office or from a laptop at the coffee shop even if the home machine is up and has pulled in Email, as it does every few minutes. Works fine. I recently put Windows 7 on the home machine, installing it on a separate partition. Eventually I would guess that it will be the standard OS on this machine, but for now it is experimental and the machine defaults to th...