Use Julian Date To Create Serial Number

I am trying to find a way to create a unique serial number based upon the
current julian date + an increment counter.

I have sort of done this however the julian date function is not static and
all the serial numbers change each day. I need to create be able to create
the serial number (maybe by clicking on a cell) and then once the number
populates the cell, it remains fixed.

Any suggested would be welcome.

Hi
you have to use an event procedure for this. See:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"antho10359" <antho10359@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:A9F2F642-D647-470E-858B-463FE23334F5@microsoft.com...
> I am trying to find a way to create a unique serial number based upon
the
> current julian date + an increment counter.
>
> I have sort of done this however the julian date function is not
static and
> all the serial numbers change each day. I need to create be able to
create
> the serial number (maybe by clicking on a cell) and then once the
number
> populates the cell, it remains fixed.
>
> Any suggested would be welcome.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/8/2004 10:24:44 PM
On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:05:01 -0800, "antho10359"
<antho10359@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to find a way to create a unique serial number based upon the
>current julian date + an increment counter.
>
>I have sort of done this however the julian date function is not static and
>all the serial numbers change each day. I need to create be able to create
>the serial number (maybe by clicking on a cell) and then once the number
>populates the cell, it remains fixed.
>
>Any suggested would be welcome.

First you need to define what you mean by a Julian date.

The dictionary definition is a serial number equal to the number of days
elapsed since January 1, 4713 B.C., proposed by Joseph Scaliger in 1582 and
used in astronomical calculations.

So today's Julian date, at noon, would be 2453348.

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)
12/8/2004 10:31:38 PM
Note: That's noon, UT. <g>

In article <evver09q2vdhmno1a2p4rl6bpnb070e8fb@4ax.com>,
 Ron Rosenfeld <ronrosenfeld@nospam.org> wrote:

> So today's Julian date, at noon, would be 2453348.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
12/8/2004 11:53:34 PM
On Wed, 08 Dec 2004 16:53:34 -0700, JE McGimpsey <jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote:

>UT

Of course!

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)

How to create a partition on an external USB drive?
Toshiba Tablet XP Home/Student with plenty of memory. I have the program DriveImage XML. At one point it says to create a partition somewhere for the image it's going to create. I have a 40G external plug and play HD. I'd like to create a partition on it without disturbing other files and folders I have on it. There's plenty of free space. Various resources say use XP Disk Management to create that partition. So when I go there it appears as they say but when they say click on the free space choose the selection "Create new partiton." I have right clicked ...

Excel Regional Date Format Options
A client of ours in NZ is complaining that date format options for English (New Zealand) have changed from older versions of excel (they are using 2003) Some of their spreadsheets have dates formatted as dd-mmm-yy, mmm-yy and dddd,dd,mmm but these options do not exist anymore. Is there anyway to add options to this list without using the custom format option? Thanks, Jesse I just compared the Excel 97 and Excel 2003 built-in date formats and they are mostly unchanged. 2003 has a few more but I don't think there were any subtractions. The formats dd-mmm-yy and mmm-yy are righ...

How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I don't know how to. Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled Date Count 1/1/2006 12 1/2/2006 3 1/3/2006 5 2/1/2006 18 2/3/2006 4 2/18/2006 9 4/1/2006 18 7/4/2006 38 Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis with symbols. 1/31/2006 2/18/2006 4/2/2006 I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled chart, with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please ...

user created shapes non printing
I started have a problem with vision 2002 that I have not noticed before. When I create a new shape, by default, it assumes the non-printing properly under FORMAT � BEHAVIOR. Also if I group a set of "printing" shapes the group will become non-printing. Can I change this behavior? How are you creating the new shape? Also are you using layers in your document? -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Robert" <hammer_757@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9ec427f7.0409231005.576...

Error message needed if incorrect Date Of Birth (DOB) entered
Hi, In cell D6 I have a DOB entered....in cell E6 I have a datedif function that has 3 conditional formatting set as: 1 - If D6 is blank, E6 is blank. 2 - If DOB in D6 is between 18 - 24 then E6 shows age and cell is yellow. 3 - If DOB in D6 is 25 or over then E6 shows age and cell is blue. What I need is when a DOB is entered in D6 under 16 years old, then D6 returns an error message -" You have Entered an Age under 16 Years - Retry!! ". I have tried Data Validation, but cant get a message from tha as I dont know what to set as the date validation. I do need a...

Cells print so small I cannot read numbers. How do I fix?
I have been working with page break. Now I have the grid on 1 page..but it is far to small to read. now when I try to spread it back to 2 pages, it just takes the same tiny microscopic type and spreads it into 2 pages. I am stuck printing tiny type. How can I get the grid cells back to a size that is readable. It sound like you have selected Fit to 1 page in File > Page setup > Page > Scaling. Either select to fit it to 2 pages or select Adjust to 100% size -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Repl...

last 4 wk average using calculated pivotitem
Hi, I am trying to create a pivot table/chart from data that is listed b week. So my table has "week" as the row field and "total X" as th column field. I want the chart to display the total for each week as bar (the easy part) and also to graph the average of the last fou weeks as a line on top of the bar graph. I have tried to figure ou how to add a calculated pivot item but I can't seem to get it to wor right. So for each week there would be a second almost subtotal lik entry that calculates the average for the previous four weeks (if ther aren't four previo...

"All users" "Programs" create/modify shortcut from app...
Hi all, I've created two shortcuts into "Programs" folder for "All Users" It lets me to get them available for all user. The problem: Application running in "User" context needs to delete and re-create such links but it fails due to an "access denied" ... Settings correct permission to such links it starts working as well I've created links using the IShellLink/IPersistFile sehll interfaces. So, I actually need to have link under "programs" for "All Users" which might be modified by application running in "Users"...

How to create a connection point in Excel
When I group autoshapes the group itself does not have connection points. A connector connects to one of the grouped shapes instead. So, the connector beginconnecedshape (or endconnectedshape) property contains the name of the contained shape and not the name of the group. Is there a way to create connection points for a group? Alternatively, is it possible to change a group into a single shape with connection points? ...

Outlook 2003
I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either the subject or text body...or both. For example: looking for an email message about a specific invoice number 12345. Now, it does not find the number even when I know it's there....and can find it by hunting on my own. Thanks for any help you can offer~ "Hello_It''''s_Me-CA" <HelloItsMeCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B942C394-5363-49BE-AFB3-04E34C1CE4BF@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either > t...

Using XP Briefcase with money file

Summary of Difference between dates in years, months, days
I need to calculate the difference between 2 dates and then total them. Here's what I have so far: From To Length of Service 01/09/2003 31/01/2010 6y 4m 30d 01/06/2000 30/11/2002 2y 5m 29d Total of Service: ?????????? I've used the following formula to calculate the total days worked: =DATEDIF(A4,B4,"Y")&"y "&DATEDIF(A4,B4,"ym")&"m "&DATEDIF(A4,B4,"md&...

Createing Quote sometimes make Error: 80070057
Hello NG, Today I found some funny problems. I create Quotes via the quote WebService from the CRM. This normally works fine, but now I have some quotes, which will get me an error, when I open it. This error is no normal error, I will get an white/yellow Page with ASPX Errorpage: Here the Message (sorry but I only have this error in German): Serverfehler in der Anwendung '/'. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---- Falscher Parameter. Beschreibung: Beim Ausf�hren der aktuellen Webanforderung ist ein unverarbeiteter Fehler aufgetret...

Serializing an ArrayList of Objects
I have an array list of objects that I want to serialize into an XML file. I have tried this using the following code, but it gives me an error message An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred in system.xml.dl Additional information: There was an error generating the XML document I'm not sure if this is the way that I should go about serializing an array of objects like this, but I would like to get them all into one place kind of like <waypoints><waypoint><Latitude> 12.2837</Latitude ... </waypoint><wayp...

Date/Time Displayed as 07/tt/jjjj
Hi, I'm new with MS CRM and just testing it. I have a prob with all date/time fields like described in the subject of this post. Timezone is set for all users Problem occurs in all date/time fields in the web application Anyone has a clue? Regards Jan As Administrator, go to Home > Settings > there is an area in there (can't remember what its called) that enable you to change default date/time format "JanScheider" <JanScheider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1F22171-AEDC-4222-A8CE-3E333B0576CA@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'...

Creating Control Grid
Hi all, I would like to know as to how I should go about creating a control grid of my very own. I just need a bit of push (suggestions). Thanks In Advance Where are you getting stuck? Of course, if the grid isn't too large and most of the cells will have data, then you could simply use a two-dimensional array. For larger grids that will be sparsley populated, there are a couple of algorithms to consider. A simple one is to create a one-dimensional array that represents the rows (or columns), and have each item contain or reference a linked list for all items in that row (complete...

Using a variable for a chart limit
Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Vince F Hi, See Jon's information http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Cheers Andy Vince F wrote: > Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell > reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, > but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Andy Pop...

How do I make door hangers using publisher?
Is this even possible? Mary Sauer has a website with a generous collection of goodies including door hangers. Take a look at just above George Washington's portrait (way down the page) at, http://msauer.mvps.org/publisher_projects2.htm -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "medinapie" <medinapie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:986B8199-C9B5-46CE-8F2F-C772BE5C21BC@microsoft.com... > Is this even possible? I have a sample on my web page. Scroll down -- on the left. http://msauer.mvps.org/graphics.htm Some cute ones here that you could mod...

using program to record audio comment and compress audio to MP3
I can use VBA to record an audio comment into a Word file using Selection.InlineShapes.AddOLEObject ClassType:="SoundRec", FileName:="", _ LinkToFile:=False, DisplayAsIcon:=True, IconFileName:= _ "C:\WINDOWS\system32\sndrec32.exe", IconIndex:=0, IconLabel:="Wave Sound" BUT but by default the file is stored as a PCM at 44kHz and 16 bit stereo whcih is about 200kB per second Sound recorder (which is used to do the recording) allows me to manually convert this to a MP3 and a much smaller file e.g. 3kB per second Is there any way I can aut...

eConnect or Web Servies to create RMTransaciton?
Hello, I am new to GP 9.0 development using web services and eConnect. Can someone help me decide which technique I can use to do the following: In GP 9.0, if I go to: Transactions-->Sales-->Transaction Entry brings up the Receivables Transaction Entry screen, where I can fill in a number, batchid, customerid, and some sales figures, etc. I am using .NET and can use the eConnect API to create a taRMTransaction to submit using eConnect. And it works fine, the transaction creates in GP. Can I perform the same thing with any of the web methods available via the GP 9 web services? I ca...

Can I use oulook from home and have access at work?
When I set up my outlook I lose all my inbox messages online and would not be able to read my email from work. Is there a way to have my inbox available on outlook and remain online? Just to clarify, are you asking how to set up Outlook at home to receive email from work? If that's your question, you need to ask your IT Admin or Exchange Admin if you can use OWA and how that's done. That wouldn't have email coming into your Outlook account but it is a form of Outlook, Outlook Web Access. This may or may not be allowed. Your IT staff would of course have all kinds of securi...

Suggestions on how to create a database that will allow lookup of nonunique addresses for unique names
Hello: I am relatively new to access, though vaguely familiar with database concepts and Access jargon (i.e., queries). I need to do the following (see below) and I was hoping someone could tell me what is the best way (at a high level) to do this in Access. I have a large list of names and addresses thrown into a single flat table. There are many duplicates in the file. Somehow, I need to separate duplicate addresses from the file and place them in another table so that I can link the list of unique names to the addresses (i.e., a one to many relationship). My end users will be using the d...