Use cell value as cell address

Hello everyone. I have a worksheet "Main" of 39,000 rows in which column
B contains a number between 1 and 7,500. Column C is an empty column I
have added.

The second sheet, "Names"  in the book contains a single column - A -
of 7,500 names.

I want to get the value from the second sheet that matches the number
column of the first sheet. In other words, if "Main" cell B3 contains
3780, I want to put the value from "Names" cell A3780 into "Main" C3.

How do I do this please?

Richard

---

Hi
try the following in C3
=INDIRECT("'Names'!A" & B3)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> Hello everyone. I have a worksheet "Main" of 39,000 rows in which
> column B contains a number between 1 and 7,500. Column C is an empty
> column I have added.
>
> The second sheet, "Names"  in the book contains a single column - A -
> of 7,500 names.
>
> I want to get the value from the second sheet that matches the number
> column of the first sheet. In other words, if "Main" cell B3 contains
> 3780, I want to put the value from "Names" cell A3780 into "Main" C3.
>
> How do I do this please?
>
> Richard
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)