Urgent Help Required on Excel Macro Problem

Hi there,

We are facing one problem from around 2 months.Some of our users have
XF_SIC.A virus found in their pc.XF_SIC.A virus generally found in excel
workbook as macro virus.This virus create one excel 4.0 macro sheet with
"very hidden and very protected" attributes in excel 97 workbooks which can't
be removed as it is not seen.every time when infected excel 97 file opens it
infect the default startup excel file(Book1 placed in XLSTART folder) and
then every excel file that will be open will have infection as default file
book1 infected.now our antivirus software mcafee can clean XF_SIC.A but it
can't remove that excel 4.0 macro from excel workbook so every time after
cleaning of virus,when that excel file open again problem start.We had tried
with various antivirus softwares but the problem remains same.During search,
we found that there are some tools available named as "macro remover" that
are able to remove macro 4.0 from excel 97 workbook. I want to know if such
tools available at free of cost or not.I am in need of your suggestions and
solutions.
--
sachin shah
exchange system administrator

try http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/xf.sic.html

Quote:
For customers without Norton AntiVirus:

On the Edit menu, use the Move Sheets option to copy all of your
spreadsheets into a new workbook. After saving this new workbook, exit
Excel and delete the original file. Also delete the file found in the
XLSTART directory.

--
Bryan Hessey
Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

Exchange update problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

SQL deadlock problem

Excel 2007

docmd.transfertext problem

Personal Macro Workbook
I had some macro stored in the personal macro workbook but now I can not find the workbook. When I try to do a new macro and store it in the "Personal Macro Workbook" I get the error message "Personal Macro Workbook in the startup folder must stay open for recording". I click ok and get a message that I'm unable to record. I can record macro to other workbooks. What happened to the personal macro workbook ? Thanks ...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Need help with Auto Filter

Opening Excel Workbooks

help with simple maths in excel