Updating Links within Workbook

Okay, so I've copied and pasted links within a large
workbook (19MB), across several worksheets within the
workbook.  My pasted links are not updating whenever I
change the values in the original cell.  I press F9,
nothing.  Go up to calculate now, nothing.  Close and re-
open the file, nothing.  The only thing that seems to work
is to click in link cell (as if to edit it), and then
press enter.  This is really cumbersom for the 200+ cells
that I would have to do that to.  How can I make excel re-
update ALL of the links and calculate ALL of the cells in
a workbook (Excel 2002), regardless of whether it thinks
I've changed anything?
0
ferg99 (1)

Hi Matt

Try Ctrl-Alt-F9

Check out Charles Williams Web Site also
http://www.decisionmodels.com/calcsecretsj.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
(Win XP Pro SP-1  XL2000-2003)

"Matt FERG Ferguson" <ferg99@email.com> wrote in message news:1237c01c3f631$4ec416d0$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> Okay, so I've copied and pasted links within a large
> workbook (19MB), across several worksheets within the
> workbook.  My pasted links are not updating whenever I
> change the values in the original cell.  I press F9,
> nothing.  Go up to calculate now, nothing.  Close and re-
> open the file, nothing.  The only thing that seems to work
> is to click in link cell (as if to edit it), and then
> press enter.  This is really cumbersom for the 200+ cells
> that I would have to do that to.  How can I make excel re-
> update ALL of the links and calculate ALL of the cells in
> a workbook (Excel 2002), regardless of whether it thinks
> I've changed anything?

0
rondebruin (3790)

Macro for completing workbook update
I have a workbook with a summary sheet and a sheet for each month. Daily I enter in information on promised jobs for particular accounts (late, early, on time...). As I enter this data, all my functions do their thing and update my monthly and yearly summaries. I recently added some functions/formulas in an area that has 5 columns x 2000 rows; each cell with a similar formula to: =SUMPRODUCT(('April 2008'!$C$15:$C$659=$E38)*('April 2008'!$G$15:$G$659>0))+SUMPRODUCT(('May 2008'!$C$15:$C$659=$E38)*('May 2008'!$G$15:$G$659>0))+SUMPRODUCT(('June...

Update Record Performance
I currently have C++ code that processes a raw data file containing multiple types of records. The code creates records in multiple tables in an Access database depending on the record type. The records are created one at a time as the data is read. I don't think this is very efficient. But I can't change this part of the processing. There are hunderes of thousands of records in raw data and the tables. I now need to update fields in created records from data contained in other tables in the database. The options I've come up with are: 1. In the C++ code, read t...

Can't send a link from IE 6
Installed Outlook 2003 recently, and now I cannot send a link to a page from IE6. I ran Tweakol2003 so I can receive links, etc. Something really simple I'll bet, but I have looked thru the help files and have not hit on it yet. Thanks for any guidance ... John Patch <fred@hotmail.com> wrote: > Installed Outlook 2003 recently, and now I cannot send a link to a > page from IE6. I ran Tweakol2003 so I can receive links, etc. How do you know you can't send it? -- Brian Tillman Usually when the you try and send a link, a Outlook form comes up over the IE screen jus...

Event ID 9554/Unable to Update Mailbox SD
I am continuing to get the event below; I referenced Microsoft KB 555433 in which it details how to use ADFind Utility to locate the mailbox in question and update the permissions -- however, there is no account in my domain that matches that GUID. Any ideas? Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9554 Date: 10/6/2005 Time: 8:59:59 AM User: N/A Computer: MY EXCHANGE SERVER Description: Unable to update Mailbox SD in the DS. Mailbox Guid: fe3913d5-a4e0-4c0e-b3b1-291f50d7fc4f. Error Code 0x8004010f For more information, click http://www.microsoft.c...

sales line detail window-after updating the request Ship Date-also
I am also using manufacturing, when you change the requested ship date, you get a window asking: You can update the In House due date, What is the name of this window in modifer? I would like to modify this form, so the No button is disables, I want to make sure they always click 'yes' How do I find this form in modifer? the form name is just 'Microsoft GP Dynamics' thanks -- Doug ...

how do I recover charts within an excel workbook?
The workbook had many charts that were previously visible. Now, upon opening the file, the charts are no longer visible. How to I reactivate them to appear? thanks ...

exchange 2003 +recepient update services
Hi i have this issue for months now. I have win2k AD network with exchange 2003. My pdc went down, but before it went down i managed to transfer all the FSO roles to my secondary domain controller successful. All seemed well, but then when i access exchage system manager to create a mailbox for a new user it gets up to 60% on the task but then throws up an error message of : <?xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode" ?> - <taskWizardRun taskName="Create Mailbox" dcName="DC2" buildNumber="6944" runningAs="Administrator@domain....

URL within email
I wish to be able to send an e mail with an active URL so that when the recipient recieves e mail they are taken to the web address once it is clicked. Currently I get an error message unable to open Http://*****.co.uk cannot locate internet sever. Helpfull information appreciated ...

Find and Replace within an XML file
I was wondering if there is a simple method of replacing characters within the xml document. I'm looking at writing a Biztalk Pipeline that escapes illegal characters before they are processed by a HL7 assembler. I.E. replace all instances of &amp; or & with \T\ . I thought about converting to a string and using the replace function, but that would mean knownig all the HTML codes for characters (as the escape characters are to be dynamically chosen by the user). Where as I could via xpath ??? replace all instances of the original character such as &. Hope it makes sen...

can not receive emails with web links attached
Could someone tell me how to change controls to allow for emails with website links attached to come through? I can not receive emails with website links attached. ...

Deleting Linked Source(s)
In Excel 2000, how do you delete a link Source(s)? I know you can 'clear contents' in each destination cell to achieve this, but is there a simpler way. Can be difficult to determine which cells are in fact destination cells. Thanks, Jim This may help you http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;214127 >-----Original Message----- >In Excel 2000, how do you delete a link Source(s)? I know >you can 'clear contents' in each destination cell to >achieve this, but is there a simpler way. Can be difficult >to determine which cells are in fac...

Link to external workbook
I want to change a formula linking to a cell in a workbook on another server so that the server name is used rather than the drive mapping. I have tried the following but I keep getting 'File Not Found': '\\Server Name:\Drive Name\...... (instead of 'G:\..... Please advise. -- R Ormerod \\Server Name:\Drive Name\ Doesn't look like a valid format... I think I'd use windows start button|run type in \\servername and point and click down the paths to find the correct workbook. If you turn "View|toolbars|address bar", then you may be able to see the path...

Link for downloading online statements not visible Mon 2k3
On my financial institution's(TCF Bank) website, there are instructions for downloading online statements that refer to a link on the BALANCES page for MS Money. The problem is that the link apparently doesn't show up in my version (MS Money 2003 ver. 11). I spent some time on the phone with TCF's customer support and frustratingly tried to argue that there was no link to click on to download my statement both in Money and in Internet Explorer. Therefore I thought it was a problem with their website. However, they say that they recently updated their system to automat...

Update Problems
I have encountered repeated problems when I try to update my accounts online. Initially, the updates failed about a week ago. I have since "stopped using online services" and then re-started the online services (re-entering my information for each account) in the "Manage Online Services" window. When I do that, I have only been able to successfully update the accounts in Money that initial time. Every subsequent update fails. To make this even more strange, I noticed that my accounts in the Money.msn page update when I click "Update Now" in Money, but ...

Transposing Links
I'm trying to link one file to another and copy the information. One file lists the info in a column, the other in a row, and I want to be able to drag (copy and paste) the linked info across the row (from the column) in my new file. Is this possible Thanks for your help. I don't think you can do a drag. What you can do is copy the column and do a paste special->transpose. >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to link one file to another and copy the information. One file lists the info in a column, the other in a row, and I want to be able to drag (copy and p...

How can i null out a field going through CRM Update object
I have a custom field that i want to set back to null. Any ideas how i can do this through the object.update function? thanks ...

Tracing Links #2
Frank, That tells me what file I am linking to, but what I want to identify i which cell in my current worksheet is linked to these externa worksheets, as I cannot find a reference to the external documen anywhere in my current workbook. The reason I ask is that I am trying to avoid the "Do you wish t update links" message when opening my file. Regards, Stev -- Stephen Pai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Stephen Pain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1526 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.co...

Simple question about text within a cell
I can't seem to find the option that prevents text from covering the adjacent cell. For example if I type the folling in cell A1: All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth. Obviously that will overflow over the cell B1 (if there is no data in B1). I don't want to resize my column, I only want the cell to show as much text in A1 as possible without covering cell B1. I believe I've seen the option to do what I'm looking for but I can't seem to find it and I can't figure out how to look it up in the HELP file. Thanks in advance. Rick My simple solution ha...

Adding Hyperlink to multiple values within a cell
My spreadsheet contains a list of people. The cell next to each nam contains multiple numeric values for identifying a specific piece o information. I would like to be able to click on one of those number (value) and a comment window pop up with the information associate with it, or be hyperlinked to the information further down th speadsheet. I want to avoid using multiple cells for this. Is this possible? Thank -- t2tru ----------------------------------------------------------------------- t2true's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=387 View this...

Excel slow to open workbook when I double-click in Windows
Hi, I am using Excel 2007 on a brand new PC (Intel Core 2 Duo; 2.53 GHz; 3.21 GB RAM; Windows XP Pro). I have installed and started using several applications already and this PC has been very fast and responsive. I am having an issue opening workbooks in Excel. If I open Excel first and then click on the Office button and choos Open, I can open up a workbook very quickly. However, when I double-click on a workbook in Windows (without having Excel open previously), it takes a *very* long time for the workbook to open. I just timed it at exactly one minute. I was wondering if anyone...

The opertion failed. An object could not be found
Hello, Outlook 2003, XPSP2 When I click on an email link (on a web page for example) I get the above mentioned error message and nothing happens. Could this have happened after importing saved settings from the same machine (after a reformat/reinstall)? After doing this, I had an error where outlook was looking for Outlookmail.FQDN.com-00000012.pst (could not be found). I don't use PST files, but rather an connected to Exchange - even though I have 2 POP3 accounts configured in Outlook. This happens on 2 machines on which I have imported settings. No other user on these machin...

Name range within a name range
In Excel is it possible to create a name range that contains multiple name ranges. As an example, I have created several name ranges with one cell reference, such as Sales(A2), COS(A5), ADM(A7), SELLING(A8), MRKT(A9). I would like to create a name range that I could include the all the name ranges and call it GROSS_PROFIT. If later I add another range I would like to be able to just add the range name to GROSS_PROFIT, such as R&D. Also the reason I chose to use named ranges is my cell references can change from month to month, I find it easier to create formulas using name refer...

Updates not installed
KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? Is there a specific reason? What can I do? Cherry wrote: > KB976884, KB976416, and KB977304 have failed numerous times. Why? > Is there a specific reason? What can I do? So you have Microsoft Works and Microsoft Office 2007 installed? Or just Microsoft Works and some 'viewers' for Microsoft Office 2007? Or had Works installed but installed Office 2007 and did not fully remove Works? Or just Outlook 2007 and InfoPath 2007 and Microsoft Works? Have you tried downloading the patches manually and ...

Business Portal 2.5 -- Linking 3 Web Parts
Hi, Can someone tell me if this is possible, I have been working on it and can't seem to get it to fly. I have my 1st web part that shows inventory master item information and a few fields off of the item card. This drives a 2nd web part that shows summary inventory information on that item by site. This works fine. What I want to do is tie a 3rd web part in that gives me detailed transaction information for that particular site (the 2nd web part). This 3rd web part works fine on it's own but shows all transactions for all sites for all items by default. I have tried ...

Macros within Excel
Is it possible to do a macro to update information between the following situation. 1 - Journal Spreadsheet - same every week - needs to be updated in cells J2, J5, J8, etc. - every 3rd cell with information from spreadsheet 2. 2 - Payroll Spreadsheet - different every week - information in column H - cells H13, H14, H15 update cells in spreadsheet 1 - i.e. H13 to J2, H14 to J5, H15 to J8, etc. When the new payroll spreadsheet (spreadsheet 3) comes into play, it has a different name because of the date i.e. Payroll 2-15-08 - my macro only works from Spreadsheet 1 to Spreadsheet 2 - when...