Updating Data from two different worksheets

I have two worksheets, General Ledger and Out Ledger. The general ledge
lists our inventory according to a LOT ID and the total number of item
in that lot; i.e. column A: Lot ID, column B: Total Number of Pieces
column C: Balance

The Out Ledger lists the number of items sold from a particular lot
i.e. column A: Lot ID, column B: Number Sold

I want to be able to calculate the Balance in the General Ledger give
the Number Sold in the Out Ledger. I am having difficulty in makin
sure the Lot ID's match up and that the proper cells are referenced.

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

As long as LOT ID's are unique, I would create a vlookup in the G
worksheet.  First of all, I would rename your horizontal heading
something like this in the GL tab:
LOT ID#  - should be unique
Beginning Inv Balance
# of Units Sold - this will be found from the Out Ledger usin
vlookup as discussed below.
Balance - Beginning Inv minus # of units sold * cost

The Out Ledger tab can be left alone.

THe VLookup formula in # of units sold cell will be as follows:

=VLOOKUP(A4,LOT!$A$4:B4,2,FALSE)

Just ensure when copying this formula down that you use dollar signs o
your reference table.

Hope this helps!

Be

update column

Meeting updates #2

open two different Access reports

Money Plus not Updating Quotes

Customer check data

Macro to seperate data

Need HELP! for Linking data

Adding a combo box to a worksheet

Mailboxsize is different
hi! i've got a crazy problem. when you look at the mailboxes in the exchange system manager, then you see, e.g. user xy with 220 mb mailboxsize. but when you look at the outlook, then the mailbox size is only 150 mb. but there are no filters or something else activated. and the problem is on the local outlook and on the terminalserver outlook. i hope someone has a solution about my problem. thanks. stefan ...

Online Price Updates
Somehow online price updating was turned on in my file. I have turned it off. However, when I go to delete the erroneous past-dated Online Prices for a particular stock, it appears they are initialling deleting, but when I return to the stock later, all the deleted online prices (from the past) are re-instated. It is as though none of the price deletions I performed have taken effect. How do I clean up these erroneous past online price updates? ...

Symbol Updating Only Every Few Days (if at all)
Using Money 2006, and have a symbol "VLO" that is only updating every few days. This stock was a duplicate (downloaded transaction created a new version of the same stock - my fault not clicking correct choice when asked). I've removed the symbol from the stock entry that was downloaded, renamed this entry to something bogus, deleting this renamed stock "from all accounts", then added the symbol back to the original VLO stock that I've been tracking for years. Now the stock just says "unch" in the portfolio view, and the price history is only updat...

Macro

macros entering data