Update Links Slow

My supervisor just showed me a monthly process I am to inherit.  Basically it
involves these steps:
1.  Copy Last month's files to This month's folder.
2.  Rename the files.
3.  Update the links to point to the new-name files instead of the files in
last month's folder with last month's name.

She says that to do this, it is faster if you copy everything to the local
hard drive, update the links to refer to local files.  Refresh the links.
Then upload back to the network and change the links to refer to network
files and then refresh the links again.  She said that is faster than just
doing everything on the network.

(And don't get me started about changing the entire process!--not an option
right now!)

It would seem there would be an easier way to do this.  Ideas?

All links lost
Hi I have a very large database with about a hundred links. I have had to move all of my files to a new computer/server and have set the directory structure to be identical to the existing one. Unfortunately the database does not now automatically link to the files. Is there an easy way to reinstate the links without changing the source of each individually? (Excel 2000) -- DavidM ...

linking companies reports
I know Frx can link and consolidate seperate Great Plains companies. But what if I want to do this in native GP. Is Crystal the only way? I understand Report Writer only accesses one company at a time? Thanks for any info Bill 2020, Why would you want to do something that FRx was designed to do naturally in a tool like Crystal Reports? Anyways, you can also use SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "2020" wrote: > > I know Frx can link and consolid...

Broken links don't show old data. Help!
I have a spreadsheet in an email attachment that no longer shows old data from broken links after upgrading to Office XP. The data is there, and displays while the "Update links" dialog box is up, but no matter what I choose the data then disappears into a sea of #REF when I dismiss the dialog box. How can I get the old data to show again? Thanks. -Mark ...

Slow Performance
When opening the PO Entry or Receiving Entry window, and entering or selecting a transaction, the screen hangs for about 30 seconds before allowing entry. We are using Project Accounting in v9.0. This has started happening recently for no apparent reason. It is happening for all users on all workstations including sa. I tried: - Rebooting SQL Server - pointing Dynamics.set locally and deleting all modified reports, form and VBA - run Checklinks on Purchasing Transactions Any ideas? Regards Konrad Konrad, One item that can slow down particular screens is the autocomplete feature. ...

Automatic OnLine Update at Start UP
The automatic online update at start up option was checked in the preferences/options screen. This option does not work. I have to manually click the circle with the arrows in the upper right of the screen to get the updates started. What is wrong with the setup? ...

Retail sales price automatically updated from landed cost
New implementation, new to GP. Was going to perform back office functions (PO & receiving) in RMS but we could not automatically create landed cost from supplier invoice cost at time of receiving, update retail sales price based on landed cost at time of receiving or receive multiple invoice for 1 PO. Now looking to perform back office in GP. One of many questions - when receiving against a PO, the landed cost will update based on the landed cost group. Is there a way to automatically update the retail sales price of the item at the same time based on landed cost x multiplication ...

slow Exchange while groupshield
Hello Since the newest DAT files our exchange server is very slow. Outlook reports 'requesting data...' very often. If I stop groupshield everything works fine again. store.exe consumes around 25% CPU all the time and has about 60000 pages faults per second. Exchange Version 2000 SP3 Groupshield version 5.20.689 engine version 4.4.00 dat version 4409 any ideas? thanks Thomas Sometimes the anti-virus packages will run a full scan of the mailbox stores after a new definition package is downloaded. You can check with your AV vendor and turn this feature off. The scan will run around ...

Upgraded to Exch2003, OWA2003, but experience is slow
I've setup a two node Exch2003 cluster. I still have Exch2000 running in co-existence with the new Exch2003 system. THen I create a new mailbox on the new Exch2003 cluster back-end servers. Via OWA, I logon with newUserAccount and I see the OWA 2003 interface. However, it comes slow and it doesn't finalize all the grapics. I try to send an e-mail, but I click "New" and nothing appears. Something is not working right. Any idea of what could it be ? I did not configure the steps below outlined the Exch2003 Deployment guide: Creating the HTTP Virtual Servers in Exchange...

Slow Performance #3
Outlook is performing very so. It takes approx. 5 seconds to open an email. All other apps. open 1 second. I know I have enough memory and a fast processor. Problem began last week. Help! ...

Linked cells in Multiple Workbooks
I am tracking dates and have linked cells from another workbook so as t not have to duplicate the data entry of dates. The dates are linked t projects that are listed in rows and there is information in m workbook that is additional information within the row. So if someon changes the order of the other workbook, the information that is in m workbook does not get sorted with the order. Is there a way to link m cells to the linked cells? ie. Project ID Start Date Milestone EndDate Person Assigned 1234 (linked) 11/15/04 11/20/04(lin...

National City auto-update
I used to be able to have Microsfot Money automatically download transactions from my accounts. Now whenever it goes to check it says it failed. I tried setting it up again but it prompts me "National City Requires a Password Change", but no matter what I enter in these boxes it says the password/pin is incorrect. I called National City and they said there wasn't anything wrong with my account. What should I do? In microsoft.public.money, Josh wrote: >I used to be able to have Microsfot Money automatically download transactions >from my accounts. Now whenever i...

Consensus after the update
Just wondering what the consensus was after the Money 2005 update. Are you happy to be using it now or you'd wish you hadn't upgrade? I've been following the group and it appears the upgrade fixed a lot of issues. Thanks. It didn't change my mind. I'm still passing on M05. "Andrew" <xakedwax@xhotmail.comx> wrote in message news:5WEud.1043$Sq.145@fed1read01... > Just wondering what the consensus was after the Money 2005 update. Are > you happy to be using it now or you'd wish you hadn't upgrade? > > I've been following the...

link drop down menu to info in worksheet
want to create a drop down that shows information from other worksheets. ie as i select A it will read the information on A from the worksheet2. How about a 'list'? Position your cursor where you want it in worksheet 1. Go to Data, Validation, Settings, Allow and choose List. In Source, click on the red square in the spreadsheet icon, go to worksheet 2 and select what you want displayed in worksheet 1. Click on the red again, and OK. When your cursor enters the cell in worksheet 1, a downarrow appears with the list you linked to. HTH, Carole O "bob" wrote: >...

Cells and Charts not updating!
I have created a large spreadsheet (80Megs), The charts and other cells just simply do not update when I make changes. Is this due to the size of the spreadsheet? Thanks, GH G Hood wrote: > I have created a large spreadsheet (80Megs), The charts > and other cells just simply do not update when I make > changes. Is this due to the size of the spreadsheet? Did you check the automatic recalculation? Tools | Options | Calculation tab | Automatic or Manual Calculation. Dave dvt at psu dot edu Yes, I have already checked, it is set to automatic calculation. >-----Original Mes...

One link breaks every time I open a workbook...
I have 3 workbooks tied together with links. One is a source only, the other two push and pull data. One of the sources, Payroll Master, on opening updates all links fine to the source only workbook but not to the third workbook (which is in the parent directory). Every time I open it it prompts me to show it where the Payroll Entry is. Doesn't matter if I hit cancel and do Edit Links, I can change it there, but will still lose it upon closing (the link appears in the box and looks ok, just won't update...) Try going Edit->Links. Break the link and re-establish it? That m...

Won't update headlines again
I use Money Deluxe 2006. It hasn't updated the financial news or headlines since April 4. This seems to happen periodically. I sure hope Microsoft fixes this soon... ...

money 2007 crashes when updating account info
Hi folks, I'm running Money 2007 trial on vista. However after I fill in my email/password, Money pops out a window saying "Updating Accout Info", then it crashes! If I restart the program I can login, but retrieving bank list failes each time and money crashes when I click "receive account updates from MSN money my accounts". I've owned money 2006 before so I think I do have some old information on msn money.Any idea? Thanks Kun In microsoft.public.money, qk wrote: > >I'm running Money 2007 trial on vista. However after I fill in my >email/...

How do I automatically update a chart range in Excel
I am trying to create charts that should automatically update. I have been trying to use the OFFSET function in the chart 'series value' to determine the chart range and this does not sem to be working. Does anyone have a suggestion with this problem. Hi, As far as I know, the chart is updated automatically when the data use in it is changed. Or did I miss something in your description? Best Regards Lub -- lshili ----------------------------------------------------------------------- lshilin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2338 View ...

PlaySound Link error
This program is suppose to play a sound when a button is pressesd: The following error has accured during my build: ------ Build started: Project: PlaySoundWave, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------ Linking... PlaySoundWave.obj : error LNK2028: unresolved token (0A00000E) "extern "C" int __stdcall sndPlaySoundW(wchar_t const *,unsigned int)" (?sndPlaySoundW@@$$J18YGHPB_WI@Z) referenced in function "private: void __clrcall PlaySoundWave::Form1::button1_Click(class System::Object ^,class System::EventArgs ^)" (?button1_Click@Form1@PlaySoundWave@@$$FA$AAMXP$AAVObject...

Custom document properties
I am using Excel 2003. I read in help that I can link content to custom document properties, but on the custom page of the document properties dialog window the checkbox "Link to content" is grayed out! The file is created, saved and opened. How do I gain access to the "Link to content" feature of the custom document properites? You need to create a name next to the formula bar to link to. I've been searching for this for a while and finally figured it out., Read this doc for more info. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052036901033.aspx "...

Linking Microsoft word to Office
Is there a way to link word to office? So that if I want to send out a transmittal to a person in my contact list, I can go in contacts and have a link to word that creates a transmittal with all my contact information automatically inserted into the document so I don't have to type it out each time? On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 07:07:03 -0800, Riptide <Riptide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to link word to office? Umm....? Word is *PART* of office. Do you mean linking to Microsoft Access (another Office program and the subject of this newsgroup)? or do you mean...

Linking a Combo box to variable SQL query in subform
I am in the process of creating a relatively small D'Base that will monitor employee competency. There are several tables and relationships within this, but I don't consider this to be a big project (although my first post-graduation in the real world). I have configured the records to be spread over two tables. One is the tbl_ReviewHearder (containing employee info', review date), the second, tbl_ReviewContent contains the competency information. This is based on a 1-many relationship (1 header, lots of content) I have written VB to filter the combo boxes, but I am having ...

Update Hyperlinks easily
Hi, I have a work book that has hyperlinks to PDF files. Now the problem is the name of the folder that these PDF files are stored in has changed. Is it possible to somehow automatically update these hyperlinks to reflect this? I dont fancy trawling through 400 diffrernet links and manually updating them. Kind Regards Andy ...

FW: Watch internet update
--gutbsxcuysafxkz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bfuwmidbrmbdw"; type="multipart/alternative" --bfuwmidbrmbdw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="custrdjaxxk" --custrdjaxxk Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now t...

March 11th Windows Update and VBA (dis)functionality in Access
Folks, I've programmed an AccessXP database that makes extensive use of VBA module code called via Macro in response to form object events. Since yesterday's Office Security updates (multiple), a particular module function called via macro has begun to throw Microsoft Visual Basic Run-time error 2427 - You entered an expression that has no value. On debug, it jumps to the second in a series of about 6 If/Else statement in which the [Object].Value is tested for content. The first appears to work correctly, but commenting out the following 5 items one at a time causes the func...