Update Links-Excel 2003

Hello,
I am new to Excel 2003.
I have a file B which is linked  to file A.When i open file B i get a
message asking whether to update/Do not update links.Whatever option i choose
i get a Value error in all the linked cells of file B.
This is happening only in the case of this particular file.In other files if
i choose not to update then my values remain intact and i dont get any error.
Any suggestions??
0
Anurag (3)

xl2002+ likes to recalculate any workbooks that were created in previous
versions.  In earlier versions of excel, if you answer No to the update links
prompt, the existing values are kept.  In xl2002+, you get those errors.

Jim Rech posted a registry tweak:
http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=uzkujhMHEHA.3284%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl

Maybe it'll work ok for you.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> xl2002+ likes to recalculate any workbooks that were created in previous
> versions.  In earlier versions of excel, if you answer No to the update links
> prompt, the existing values are kept.  In xl2002+, you get those errors.
>
> Jim Rech posted a registry tweak:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=uzkujhMHEHA.3284%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl
>
> Maybe it'll work ok for you.
>
> Anurag wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> > I am new to Excel 2003.
> > I have a file B which is linked  to file A.When i open file B i get a
> > message asking whether to update/Do not update links.Whatever option i choose
> > i get a Value error in all the linked cells of file B.
> > This is happening only in the case of this particular file.In other files if
> > i choose not to update then my values remain intact and i dont get any error.
> > Any suggestions??
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> ec35720@msn.com

0
Anurag (3)
8/14/2004 5:47:01 AM
You'll have to read Jim Rich's post and then edit the registry to see if that
works for you.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Exchange 2003
I can't seem to get the simple display name to work. I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't restarted the information store service yet. I thought that with SP2 it should fix this issue. I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003. -- La Senza Support In news:00243A09-C043-4224-A45F-FC02CDFB1FEC@microsoft.com, La Senza Support <LaSenzaSupport@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I can't seem to get the simple display name to work. > I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't > restarted the information store service...

Linking files 2 ways

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Excel button problem

Looking for Excel Help