Update Download problem

I downloaded the latest update for Outlook 2000.  I did
NOT have the installation cd handy.  Okay, usually no
problem, the instal quits.  However this time, it did
quit, yet now I am unable to open excel. It launches the
instal program.  The download was for Outlook.  It has me
boggled.  Outlook, Word and Access open with no known
problems.  I have tried to open excel different
times/ways.  It continues to try to load the update.

Any reasoning on the subject???
Thanks*
0
anonymous (74722)

Any problems with 10.3.x?
I am planning to upgrade from 10.2.8. I mostly use Word and Excel and both are working fine now. Are there any known issues with 10.3? -- Robert B. Peirce, Venetia, PA 724-941-6883 bob AT peirce-family.com [Mac] rbp AT cooksonpeirce.com [Office] In article <bob-21F232.10491602012004@msnews.microsoft.com>, Robert Peirce <bob@peirce-family.com.invalid> wrote: > I am planning to upgrade from 10.2.8. I mostly use Word and Excel and > both are working fine now. Are there any known issues with 10.3? I've been using Panther for several months now with no problems. ...

Line Deleting Problems
When I draw a line and come back to it later to delete it, Publisher 2002 will not recognize the line when the cursor is on top of it--anywhere. Therefore, I am unable to edit the line. HELP! Is this a software problem? Linda After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Linda <Linda2NPBC@aol.com>... > When I draw a line and come back to it later to delete > it, Publisher 2002 will not recognize the line when the > cursor is on top of it--anywhere. Therefore, I am unable > to edit the line. Do you have text boxes or other objects coveri...

Business contact manager
If I set a reminder in business contact manager with a reminder date, it doesn't show up on the listing of Business contacts (which I have set up as a table). I set up the 'Reminder Time' field from 'All Contact fields' in the field chooser. If I enter a date into the field on the table it momentarily gets reformatted to show day of week for example, but within half a second the entry blanks out. Bob ...

EXPRESS UPDATE
I have installed xp professional outlook and set it as default. I imported all info from outlook express. All of my mail still goes to express, even though it says it is not the default server. Anyone have any help for me? I even uninstalled and reinstalled outlook. (proerties show outlook as the mail default too) "Terry" <tniel4@cox.net> wrote in message news:98d401c3eb41$fb9f7980$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have installed xp professional outlook and set it as > default. I imported all info from outlook express. All of > my mail still goes to express, even though it...

Problem with Import/Export
Hi, I have a problem with Outlook 2003. When I try to import or export to/from my PST file, I only get messages, contacts, appointments or tasks up to November 2003 - which is the date when I reformatted my computer and installed O2k3 (I imported my backup PST into Outlook 2003). I tried to repair the PST with scanpst.exe - but the problem persists. Any ideas on how to "remind" the file that it has newer items inside - will be greatly appreciated! Many thanks. This is rather a vague question. Importing and exporting are two different operations. I'm having a hard time unde...

Balance problems
To start I manually enter all transactions. I'm having troble with balances on the screen everthing is good then when I go to print I get a very different running balance. It started a couple month ago. I even started from scratch and after balancing last months checking account it is doing the same thing. I have been using money for many years and this is the first time I've seriously thought of changing programs In microsoft.public.money, tvan wrote: >To start I manually enter all transactions. I'm having troble with balances >on the screen everthing is good then wh...

update finds no software needing update
I have trouble with Office updates on a particular computer that I administer over a VPN with either Timbuktu or Apple Remote Desktop. AutoUpdater reports update is needed; but, when download is complete and installer runs, no software needing update is found. The software definitely needed updating. Again, even AutoUpdater reported that to be the case. Still the updates don't take. I have reinstalled Office (from CD mounted over VPN) to no avail. On 5/22/07 3:53 PM, in article 1179874399.973318.38810@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com, "graham@salesupinc.com" <graham@salesupinc.c...

Can data files for mailmerge be updated?
I have a 4 year old 3.5 disc with addresses that I update each year. Last year I updated using Windows 98, with Office maybe Publisher 2000. Now I am unable to access the info with my Windows XP and Publisher 2003. Is there a way to get to this data, edit it, and make labels in 2005? Thanks Robin from Alaska Copy the list to "My Data" folder in "My Documents." Is it a Publisher list? If it is a .mdb file, Publisher should read it. I think your problem is mainly the floppy disk. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews...

Money 2002 Won't Update
My installation of Microsoft Money 2002 Standard Edition (Version 10.0) running under Windows XP Home SP2 developed a problem with Internet Updates. The Call Summary message window under Quotes and Exchange Rates reads: "Money was unable to complete the operation. There is a problem with your Money installation. Please reinstall Money from your original product disks." Under Money Updates it reads: "An unknown error has occurred. Please try the operation again. If problem persists, reinstall Money from your original product disks" An update from Wells Fargo Bank is a...

Problem: Playing CD Music in PowerPoint presentation
I want to play 3 tracks of music in a PowerPoint presentation. I put the CD in the optical drive. In the PP, at the first slide, selected Insert, Movies & Sounds, Play CD Audio Track. It starts at track 1, ends at track 1, and plays automatically. In the Custom Ainmation box, I chose the Special Effects and asked the track to play from the beginning, and stop after 4 slides. Everything is wonderful because this works and the music plays for the first 4 slides. On Slide 5 I do exactly the same thing, and select track 2 on the CD, and ask it to play for 3 slides. Here&...

HotMail download to default outlook inbox???
I use Outlook to get my hotmail emails, but it comes up as a differen folder. Is there any way I can get outlook to download my hotmai emails to the default outlook inbox Thanks in advance PoorDoggi ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Generally, Hotmail creates a default local PST file which gets the dat for the Hotmail account you have configured. However, if you want t have the mails in your Hotmail to go into a PST of Outlook, you ca create a rule which a...

address sorting problem?
I have a mailing list with the standard information; company, address, city etc. lots of cities and streets What I want to do is sort the names (within city) by address, but by street name before number, I want to wind up with: 1 adam st 2 adam st 5 adam st 4 brown st Not brown in the middle of adam Is there a way to "strip" a number portion off of the address column and create a new "#" column? then I could sort by "street"/"#". Thanks, Frank Hi yes, you can 'strip' the number portion off using two helper columns, say your addresses are in...

CryptAcquireContext problem in Win98
Hi, I created CryptAcquireContext in win2000 and it is working successfully and when i installed in Win98 (Fresh system) it fails, i gote the error "Provider's public key is invalid " any one tell me how can i able to avoide this error. I invoked the functions as follows CryptAcquireContext (&hProv, NULL, NULL, PROV_RSA_FULL, 0) Thanks in advance Rgds Dinil, ...

MS CRM-Exchange E-mail Routep setup problem
Hi, I have a question for you. I have MS Exchange 2007 & CRM 3.0. Exchange E-mail router installation fails. On System Requirements step i have error: 1. Microsoft Windows Operating System - OK 2. Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-mail Router Setup User Input - OK 3. The Microsoft Exchange administration tools are not installed on this server. What is "Microsoft Exchange administration tools" or where i can download this tools? You need to install router on exchange 2003 and this update is for exchange 2007 mail boxes but you still need exchange 2003. /aamir http://www.microsoft...

updating disabled field
I am having problems with updating a field when it is disabled. I have previously done the same thing on my opportunity form, and it works perfectly, but when I do similar code on the lead form, it doesn't work. Basically, I have a sales stage picklist, an estimated revenue field, a probability field and a pipeline revenue field. The probability and pipeline revenue fields are both disabled (i.e. read only). When I change the sales stage, I want to change the probability, and calculate the pipeline revenue based on the estimated revenue (i.e. PR = ER * Prob * 0.01); similarly, when I ch...

DDE problem between Word and Excel
For years I have been using Word programs (Office 2000 series) to access Excel name and address data files to produce letters, mailing labels, etc. Now, when executing a Word merge program, I am all of a sudden receiving the message, "Waiting for Microsoft Excel to Accept DDE Commands." The computer then hangs up, as if in a loop. This is true for all my Word merge programs. Nor can I create a new merge document in Word, because the program hangs up when attempting to access the Excel name and address file. What has happened? Thanks in advance. Gordon Biggar Houston, Texas P....

Update Failing to Install
Hi, I have Money 2007 on Windows Vista. After I started Money it said that there was an update. It downloaded the update, closed Money, installed it, and restarted it, but every time it opens it says that the update isn't installed, and offers to download it again. Now, it won't even sign in any more. Is there anywhere to download this update and manually install it? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927811 "Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5710384E-84F7-4C24-9596-1C23BB28226A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have Money 2007 ...

Problem with distribution lists
Hi I've recently had problem where messages sent to a distribution list do not go through... I can actually see them sittin in the queue viewer and the status on them is "retry"... I've had some success with other distribution lists where I actually recreated the list and sent a message to it and it went fine, but others don't get relayed through... Anyone ever had this problem before... I'm running a mixture of Exchange2000 and Exchange2003 with a couple of machines in each admin group.. Tks "Oskido" <eskimo@myiafrica.com> wrote: >I've ...

Problem while using Word as Outlook-mail-editor
I am using Outlook in windows-xp platfarm. Also I have selected WORD as the mail editor. It was working well. Now, if I open new-mail, word is not responding and it just hangs. I have to press ctrl-alt-del to come out from outlook. If I disable 'word' as editor, I can able to prepare new mails,can make reply & forward etc. kindly suggest a solution regards Selvaraj What version of Office are we talking about here? Does Word work without issues on its own? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Cr...

MultiThread and socket problem....(I'm making a simple EchoServer.)
Hi, group. I've made a simple EchoServer using MFC CSocket and CWinThread(for multithreading.) I've referred below article on MSDN KB. MultiSoc: Illustrates Using Sockets in Multiple Threads http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;175668 It works fine with a small problem. :( Since I've passed the handle of socket, each thread get notified when there is a incoming data on socket. I want to reflect(or broadcast) this incoming message to all connections. That is, since my server is a echoserver, I need to notify all clients about newly incoming message. So I ...

Where it is possible to download MSN MoneyCentral stock quotes
I have a new pc for 4 weeks and I would like download MSN MoneyCentral stock quotes for Excel 2007 under Windows 7. Do you have an idea where it is possible to download this? Thank you Duh, MSN MoneyCentral? Try: moneycentral.msn.com Regards, Fred "Philippe" <Philippe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A52D84FC-85E2-442C-9919-1D72E2E8DB9B@microsoft.com... >I have a new pc for 4 weeks and I would like download MSN MoneyCentral >stock > quotes for Excel 2007 under Windows 7. > Do you have an idea where it is possible to download ...

Outlook 2003 Windows 7 problems
Outlook 2003 worked great with Windows XP pro Now that I have Windows 7 it keeps not responding after a few minutes If I close Outlook before it hangs, come back later and open it - it works fine. However, like all of you, I open it for the day when I am working. With Windows 7 it keeps hanging and not responding - forcing a restart. Once Outlook hangs if I have Excel open and try to close it, it will hang and show not responding also. -- RWB There are no issues with 2003 on win 7 If you start outlook using the safe switch is the problem replicated? Start>Run ou...

Updating column values only if value is not null
Hi, I have 2 tables. I have a query that updates the values of some columns from table A with values from some columns of table B based on a given condition. Something like this: Update T1 Set T1.C1 = T2.C1, T1.C2 = T2.C2, T1.C3 = T2.C3 FROM A T1 INNER JOIN B T2 ON <my condition> That's simple to do, but I was wondering how I can only update the columns where the value of the column of table B is NOT NULL. The reason is because I don't want to overwrite not null values in table A with a NULL value. In that case I want to leave as it is. Thanks Upda...

Previewing Clip Art Problem
I have Publisher 2002 XP and my I cannot preview clip art. It just shows the files with a note pad looking icon with a small globe in the lower left corner of each file preview. If I double click on one of the files it inserts it into the publication. How do I fix the preview clip art problem. I believe it's only with the online clip art gallery clips. I have cable internet service, so My computer is always online. Thanks in Advance! Your cache is full, in IE, tools, Internet Options, delete files. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.or...

Windows Updated won't run from Internet Explorer >Trojan.Fraudpack
My M-I-L's computer (XP Service Pack 3, Media Center) acquired Trojan.Fraudpack and we've run MalwareBytes, MSRT, CCleaner, restored to an earlier date, deleted pre-fetch files, etc. but when she tries to run Windows Update from IE8, she gets the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage / What you can try / Diagnosis Problem... She can get to any other Microsoft webpage we've tried. I've ensured the URL produced from the Tools/Windoes Update is correct. I have a strong hutch that it's a registry setting. I'm frustrated and just about Googled...I...