Update cell based on date range

Hey guys! I posted this in the General Forum, but I figured this woul
be a better place for this question.  I was wondering if I could ge
some help here. I would like to update a cell based on a date range
For example, I would like to update the value of a cell to the value o
another cell if the current date is between July 1st and July 10th
However, if the date is outside the date range, I want the value fo
that cell to not be updated, and be the previous value. Can anyone giv
me an example as to how I would do this? Thanks!!

--
deversol
deversole's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2267

=IF(AND(TODAY()>=DATE(2005,7,1),TODAY()<=DATE(2005,7,10)),"Value2","Value1")

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

(No private emails please)

"deversole" <deversole.1rpcai_1120575926.8886@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote
in message news:deversole.1rpcai_1120575926.8886@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Hey guys! I posted this in the General Forum, but I figured this would
> be a better place for this question.  I was wondering if I could get
> some help here. I would like to update a cell based on a date range.
> For example, I would like to update the value of a cell to the value of
> another cell if the current date is between July 1st and July 10th.
> However, if the date is outside the date range, I want the value for
> that cell to not be updated, and be the previous value. Can anyone give
> me an example as to how I would do this? Thanks!!!
>

> --
> deversole
> deversole's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22672
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384545

0
terre081 (3244)
7/5/2005 3:33:37 PM
Thanks for the reply Peo, however that is not exactly what I was lookin
for.  I wrote a similar function.  I do know what the value will be whe
that function is True, it will be set to the value in a cell on
different sheet, but if that if statement is false, I don't want th
value in the cell to change.

This is the function that I am trying to get to work:

=IF(AND(TODAY()>G37,TODAY()<H37,WEEKDAY(TODAY())=3),'Status'!D59,????)

What I want to do is update a cell for that week on that Wednesday.
will have a cell for each week, and each Wednesday that cell will b
updated with another value, which is at 'Status'!D59.  However, I don'
want that particular cell updated if it is not during that week.  So, i
that cell is updated in one week, I don't want that value to change th
following week from what it was the previous week.  Does that mak
sense

--
deversol
deversole's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2267
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38454

Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks!

--
deversole
deversole's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22672
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=384545

update column

Meeting updates #2

Money Plus not Updating Quotes

Oldest date for Duplicate Cust. #

Joining text with a formula in cell #4

Dates #9

Single click selects multiple cells

Qrp Date functions

Referencing cells across sheets

How to unlock locked cells by MACRO?!

date tracking

Short time vs short date

Online Price Updates
Somehow online price updating was turned on in my file. I have turned it off. However, when I go to delete the erroneous past-dated Online Prices for a particular stock, it appears they are initialling deleting, but when I return to the stock later, all the deleted online prices (from the past) are re-instated. It is as though none of the price deletions I performed have taken effect. How do I clean up these erroneous past online price updates? ...

Date Calculation

Symbol Updating Only Every Few Days (if at all)
Using Money 2006, and have a symbol "VLO" that is only updating every few days. This stock was a duplicate (downloaded transaction created a new version of the same stock - my fault not clicking correct choice when asked). I've removed the symbol from the stock entry that was downloaded, renamed this entry to something bogus, deleting this renamed stock "from all accounts", then added the symbol back to the original VLO stock that I've been tracking for years. Now the stock just says "unch" in the portfolio view, and the price history is only updat...

date modified

Date function quit working

Date format 04-11-06