units #4

Hi, I'm needing to adjust the height of the cell  but the measurement is in
pixels, can I change it to inches?  Mindy
0
Mindy (50)

http://209.196.177.41/01/01-09.htm

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Mindy" <Mindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I'm needing to adjust the height of the cell  but the measurement is
> in
> pixels, can I change it to inches?  Mindy

0
terre081 (3244)
4/20/2005 2:25:40 PM
Note that row heights are measured in points, there are 72 points to the
inch
pixels are video card dependent (resolution etc)

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
> http://209.196.177.41/01/01-09.htm
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "Mindy" <Mindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, I'm needing to adjust the height of the cell  but the measurement is
>> in
>> pixels, can I change it to inches?  Mindy

0
terre081 (3244)
4/20/2005 2:36:21 PM
 I'm sorry I'm still having trouble, the dimensions are 1 by 2 5/8 inches.  I
suck with math so could you help me convert that to pixels please?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

> Note that row heights are measured in points, there are 72 points to the
> inch
> pixels are video card dependent (resolution etc)
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Peo Sjoblom
>

> "Peo Sjoblom" <terre08@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > http://209.196.177.41/01/01-09.htm
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> >
> > Peo Sjoblom
> >

> > "Mindy" <Mindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi, I'm needing to adjust the height of the cell  but the measurement is
> >> in
> >> pixels, can I change it to inches?  Mindy

0
Mindy (50)

CEdit #4
Hi, I'm working on some tutorial from some book and it says that i need to setup max and min value of a Edit box )which will be linked to Spin). but how can i do that ?? everytime in my ClassWizard max and min are not available...they are disabled...so how can i do that ? thanks a lot, Maileen What you need to do is to setup a variable as a Value type variable vs a Control type variable. Change the data type from CString to long, there you will be able to set the min and max. AliR. P.S. Make sure the edit control has the ES_NUMBER flag. "Maileen" <noemail@nospam.com&...

Formula Bar #4
Prior to Excel 2003, the formula bar used to indicate an '=' (equal sign); however, now in Excel 2003, instead of the '=' (equal sign) the formula bar displays the Function Key (fx). How can I return the formula bar back to the equal sign instead of the function key? -- Sabine It's gone in xl2002+. You could let your feelings be known via an email to: xlwish@microsoft.com And maybe you could drag the = icon to a toolbar close to the formula bar. Tools|Customize|commands tab|Insert category Look for the = icon and drag it to your favorite toolbar. Not quite the sa...

Changing Unit of Measure Schedule
What are the proper steps for changing the Unit of Measure schedule for an item when the new schedule will with a different Base U of M? Assuming you are only changing one item......Issue the quantities for the item from all sites to a scrap GL account. Make sure that the quantities are zero. Change the UOM Schedule, then do an inventory adjustments to bring the new quantities back from the scrap gl account. Make sure that the costs and amounts match. You will loose or have to correct the price lists. Richard L. Whaley http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Documentation for Soft...

Exchange Queue #4
Hi guys, I have 2 Exchange 2003 with sp2 servers running on Windows 2003 w/Sp1. Between these servers is a satellite link since one of these servers is in the middle of nowhere. Now this link is not great, it suffers high latency, looking at 2,000-4,000 to do a ping to the server in the remote site. Now email is successfully delivered from the server in my main site to this remote site. However, no emails are leaving the remote site to the main site. I can do a telnet over port 25 between these 2 servers no problem. On the queue viewer the link between the remote site and the main site...

About Unit calculation with a fixed duration task
Hello, Usually Units = Work / Duration, but in some case it seems this formula doesn’t work. I performed some basic tests in project: First test: I created a fixed duration task: 1 resource, Units = 100%, Work =5d, actual Work=0, so Duration = 5d and Remaining work =5d I changed Rem Work from 5d to 6d, the task become Units= 120%, Work =6d, so Duration = 5d and Remaining work =6d which is fine. Second test: I created a fixed duration task: 1 resource, Units = 100%, Work =5d, actual Work=1d, so Duration = 5d and Remaining work=4d I changed Rem Work from 4d to 5d, the task beco...

Pictures #4
I have several documents in Publisher and all with different pictures, jpeg and gifs, etc. About 2 months ago, I noticed that when I open the publisher files to update them, I am unable to view and pics in any of the formats. Some of the pics have a wmf extension and I have no idea how because these we once all mostly jpeg. I have looked everywhere to see how to view the pics and can't find anthing. How did this happen and where did the wmf extension come from? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Michele View, pictures, detailed display... If this doesn't work, re...

AutoArchive #4
How often does Outlook automatically ask a user if they wish to archive? default is 14 days. see tools | options | other tab | auto archive button for global setting. (don't forget that each folder in your mailbox can have different archive criteria. to see if a folder is set to archive, right click on folder and select properties. go to autoarchive tab to review settings.) "Frances" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ff3101c45916$c9cc79b0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How often does Outlook automatically ask a user if they > wish to archive? ...

Sharing Outlook #4
Hi: I Have Outlook on 2 computers at home and would like them to share the same folders, so that when I open outlook on one computer it has all the mail received or sent on the other ... and vice versa. They did it at work but I don't know how to do it here. I'd like to do the same thing for the Outlook News reader too. thx wayne ...

Exchange Connectivity #4
A new Exchange 2003 single site, has suddenly dropped access to all of the MS Outlook clients. Baseline security shows all is ok, pings fine, re-started all services and stores. Any ideas please?? what do you mean, exactly? what are the symptoms? any thing in the application log? can your users logon to the network? Global Catalog server OK? "Don Bews" <dbews@northlanarkchc.on.ca> wrote in message news:oX9Ce.15751$qg1.1377535@news20.bellglobal.com... > A new Exchange 2003 single site, has suddenly dropped access to all of the > MS Outlook clients. Baseline secu...

Importing From Eudora 4.3.2 into Outlook 2003
I have imported my email from Eudora and have encountered a few problems: 1. No sent date is shown for any sent mail. If any date is shown it is the date that the mail was imported. 2. It would not import my addresses. 3. It would not show the attachment for any sent mail (but does for the in box only - not even received mail that was placed in another folder). All these attachments show an "Attachment Converted:" message. 4. For my sent forlder ONLY, all my sent mail shows all the control characters such as "<br> <br> &nbsp;&nbsp; .... This does not ...

Nav 740 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator
Price:$329.99 Image: http://thediscountlocator.info/image.php?id=B000UHPVES Best deal: http://thediscountlocator.info/index.php?id=B000UHPVES I bought this when it was available for under $100 in order to test out what could be done with it as a Windows CE device. It's Nav capabilities seem reasonable compared to my Garmin Nuvi. The real value was in the ability to usurp it's Auto Navigation capabilities and use it for installing XCSoar onto as a flight computer. Not something your typical user is going to do, but V7 didn't do anything to prevent that. Nice plus in my bo...

Upgrade from CRM 3.o trial to CRM 4.0 trial
Does anyone know how to do this. I started using the CRM 3.0 trial. The trail has expired. It does not make sence forme to purchase a 3.o license since 4.0 just came out. Does anyone know how to upgrade from the 3.0 trial to the 4.0 trial? It will the same upgrade as it was for a regular v3.0. Start with the v4.0 trial keys: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a9c110fd-aac8-4d2a-b401-7801b1866e82&DisplayLang=en For upgrade details, reference the Implementation Guide v4.0: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=1CEB5E01-DE9F-48C0-8CE2-51633EBF4714...

Urgent! Server Error Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes
Hi, This morning, yes before backing up the current customizations... I went in and created a new attribute in the Order Entity called ShippingName. I then mapped from the Contact Entity FullName to this attribute in the Order, updated the order form with this new field, published, tested and it worked. Then I went and check some mapping done last week as there still seemed to be a problem. Turned out it was not correctly mapped, (Address2_Line1 to ShipTo_Line1 should have been Address1_Line1 to ShipTo_Line1) so deleted these mappings and remapped them correctly, then Published. We wa...

Excel printing #4
In printing in Excel the "Print What" defaults to "Active Sheets". It used to default to "Selection". Any suggestions as to how I can get the default back to how it was? Michael >> It used to default to "Selection". I really don't think that is true, Michael. The VBE is smart enough to do that but I do not believe Excel has ever defaulted to printing the selection when more than one cell is selected when the Print dialog is opened. If this is something you need it wouldn't be hard to write a macro to handle it. -- Jim "M...

Overlay 4 years of data as a line on 4 years of columns for several x category labels
Dear Charting aficianados, The tutorial at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ClusterColAndLine.html is the closest example I can find to a charting conundrum I am facing, though what I am hoping to achieve is still a little different. I've made a mock up of what I'm hoping to achieve - though I have had to use drawing objects for the line series, to overlay on the columns - I'm sure there is a way to get excel to do this - do you think there is? (sheet named mock-up) A workbook with mocuk-up and my other charting attmempts can be found: http://www.savefile.com/files/2690840 T...

Restore Public folder #4
I am trying to restore a public folder by accidentally deleted. I pointed to the folder and clicked tools, then select Recover Deleted items, then I select the folder was deleted by mistake. However, I got the permission deny error. I put myself over the Public folder with full control, infect, full control everything. but still no luck. I decided to restore the folder from Veritas BACKUP tape but failed and return an error message said permission error again. I then restored the folder to my mailbox but it gone outside the "top of information store" level. I cannot browse it from...

Cannot open outlook #4
Trying to repair a colleagues Outlook. USer was working on Outlook with no problems, apparently, and all of a sudden locked up. Could not click on anything it just hung. CTRL ALT DEL to close it down but still hung on start up. Reboot etc no help. I ran the SCNPST.EXE repair tool which found no errors. Copied the PST file to my PC and it hung on my outlook too. Any ideas please what we can do to allow us back in? Start Outlook in safe mode or at least without the Preview Pane and see if that works. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News...

validation #4
I am currently using validation ina cell on many pages to se the mode of the page, using vba how do i change the validation cell value ? Just set the value Range("A1").value = "some value" be aware that DV will not check it for validity this way. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Alexandre Brisebois (www.pointnetsolutions.com)" <alexandre.brisebois@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1124981612.495504.193540@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I am currently using validation ina cell on many pages to se the mode &...

sharing contacts #4
I just upgraded to outlook 2003 from 2000. screwed up 'casue it does not support .net folders! how can I share my contacts among 3 cpus? Win 2000 sp4 Outlook 2003. eds wrote: > I just upgraded to outlook 2003 from 2000. > screwed up 'casue it does not support .net folders! > how can I share my contacts among 3 cpus? Yes, NetFolders support was pulled in OL2002 and won't be back - it was very buggy. See if http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm helps. > Win 2000 sp4 > Outlook 2003. ...

CDialog #4
Hi, I am working on a dialog based control. Properties of dialog derived from CDialog are - Style : Child, TitleBar : True. (It is a modeless dialog) Now when I try running this control. The titlebar appears grayish. How can i activate the child dialog titlebar. Please provide some pointers how should I go about this. Thanks, Sorry... need more information. Is the dialog part of another dialog (thus a child). It is unusual that a child dialog would have a title at all. Mostly a dialog is a child when it is a part of another window (dialog or view). If you intend for this to be a...

calculating percentages #4
I'm trying to calculaate 2 percentages: 1. H2/D2 * 100 2. G2+H2/D2 * 100 Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1ec12eee-65e9-44e3-bd59-5614166fd0aa&dg=microsoft.public.excel.mis...

How to copy protection details #4
It works !! Thx Dave I had missed protecting after pasting -- jmin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jminu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1414 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26948 ...

Conditional Formatting Help #4
If cell c6 says: ---------------------------- I would like to have D6 automatically say Approved ---------------------------- 25% or Design ---------------------------- 50% or Build ---------------------------- 75% or Shipped ---------------------------- 100% Any Ideas???? Thanks John -- John Doe ------------------------------------------------------------------------ John Doe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26826 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/show...

Tab control #4
Any recommendations on a tab control to use other than the standard one that comes with Visual Studio 6? Hi, For a good one, see CTabCtrlSSL at CodeProject.com. Bye, Claude "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news: #w4kEAttDHA.2244@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Any recommendations on a tab control to use other than the standard one that > comes with Visual Studio 6? > > > ...

graphs #4
Hello everybody, I have a question concerning graphs. I need a graph to be behind a picture. All I need to see are the dots. In Word it is possible to insert a picture and then set it "behind text". Is it possible to do something like that in Excel? Thanks Hi Mauro why don't you set the background of your graph to the picture (double click on the grey bit at the back of the chart - choose fill effects, choose picture tab, choose select picture and put your picture in there), change the chart to a line chart (chart / chart type) and then format the chart series to dots o...