Unhiding rows

In Excel 2000, someone has hid the first 45 rows of the
worksheet.  I can't unhide them.  The sheet is NOT
protected.  I tried various things including Edit/Go
to/A1/Format/Row/Unhide but nothing works.  Any clues?
              .......Baffled in Ontario

row height?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Connie" <marverncon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In Excel 2000, someone has hid the first 45 rows of the
> worksheet.  I can't unhide them.  The sheet is NOT
> protected.  I tried various things including Edit/Go
> to/A1/Format/Row/Unhide but nothing works.  Any clues?
>               .......Baffled in Ontario

0
Don
8/6/2003 2:12:25 PM
If you click on the top of the column of the first row you see and then drag
your mouse to the top of the column that numbers the row and then right
click in the highlighted area...choose unhide from the menu and that should
do it!  I hate it when those first columns get hidden.  They're hard to
bring back!

"Connie" <marverncon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> In Excel 2000, someone has hid the first 45 rows of the
> worksheet.  I can't unhide them.  The sheet is NOT
> protected.  I tried various things including Edit/Go
> to/A1/Format/Row/Unhide but nothing works.  Any clues?
>               .......Baffled in Ontario

0
mstone (8)
8/6/2003 2:14:27 PM
I did "select all" and set the row height to 25.  I'm
still unable to see or unhide the first 25 rows.  I set
the print area as the whole sheet and in print preview I
can see the hidden rows.

Select entire worksheet using box in upper left corner (above first row and left
of first column).  Right-click on first row visible and select "unhide".

Hope this helps...
Rita

Connie wrote:
> In Excel 2000, someone has hid the first 45 rows of the
> worksheet.  I can't unhide them.  The sheet is NOT
> protected.  I tried various things including Edit/Go
> to/A1/Format/Row/Unhide but nothing works.  Any clues?
>               .......Baffled in Ontario

0
rmpalazzi (92)
8/6/2003 2:22:25 PM
Sorry, but no.  I'm baffled.  I've looked at the
protection on the sheet more than once, thinking I'm
missing something.  But it isn't protected, neither the
worksheet or workbook.

It is an off chance and is TOTALLY stupid if someone did
it, but you could try selecting the rows (starting from
the first visible up to what looks like nothing) and set
the row height to 10 or 12.  I just tried and was able to
effectively hide a row by setting its height to .1.
Unhide in this case doesn't do anything. Try that.

Are there any macros in the workbook?

> Sorry, but it doesn't work.  Rows 1-45 are hidden.
> Columns A-B are hidden.  I can unhide the columns but not
> the rows!

0
Anon
8/6/2003 2:47:35 PM
Thank you, but I tried that.  I did Select All and set the
row height to 25.  Rows 1-45 remain hidden.  I am able to
unhide columns A and B, which are hidden, but can't unhide
rows 1-45.  I did Edit/Go to/A1 and checked the row height
and it was at 25.  I also did Edit/Go
to/A1/Format/Row/Unhide.  Still nothing.

Yes, but nothing to do with the hidden rows.  This was a
file downloaded from Business Warehouse.  But it's an XLS
file now.

Try doing the unhide and/or row height on cells which is NOT a1. It is above
1 and to the left of A....

--
> Thank you, but I tried that.  I did Select All and set the
> row height to 25.  Rows 1-45 remain hidden.  I am able to
> unhide columns A and B, which are hidden, but can't unhide
> rows 1-45.  I did Edit/Go to/A1 and checked the row height
> and it was at 25.  I also did Edit/Go
> to/A1/Format/Row/Unhide.  Still nothing.

0
Don
8/6/2003 3:20:47 PM
And the winner is, drum roll please,...ED!

Hail the conquering hero!!
See Connie's email above "unhiding rows solved"

Connie. please do not start a new header, it makes it difficult to follow
messages and for others to see the solution.

tim
"Ed" <ed_millis@removethis.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is Windows>Freeze Panes on?
>
> Ed
>

> "Connie" <marverncon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > In Excel 2000, someone has hid the first 45 rows of the
> > worksheet.  I can't unhide them.  The sheet is NOT
> > protected.  I tried various things including Edit/Go
> > to/A1/Format/Row/Unhide but nothing works.  Any clues?
> >               .......Baffled in Ontario

0
timotero (63)
8/6/2003 4:09:25 PM
Wow!  I got one right!  Only 324 more to go, and I'll break even.   8>)

Ed

"Tim Otero" <timotero@msn.com> wrote in message
> And the winner is, drum roll please,...ED!
>
> Hail the conquering hero!!
> See Connie's email above "unhiding rows solved"
>
> Connie. please do not start a new header, it makes it difficult to follow
> messages and for others to see the solution.
>
> tim
> "Ed" <ed_millis@removethis.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Is Windows>Freeze Panes on?
> >
> > Ed
> >

> > "Connie" <marverncon@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > In Excel 2000, someone has hid the first 45 rows of the
> > > worksheet.  I can't unhide them.  The sheet is NOT
> > > protected.  I tried various things including Edit/Go
> > > to/A1/Format/Row/Unhide but nothing works.  Any clues?
> > >               .......Baffled in Ontario

0
ed_millis1 (81)
8/6/2003 4:20:26 PM
Are they perhaps hidden by freezing panes? Go to the Window menu. If Unfreeze Panes is
available, click it.

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 07:30:46 -0700, "Connie" <marverncon@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Sorry, but it doesn't work.  Rows 1-45 are hidden.
>Columns A-B are hidden.  I can unhide the columns but not
>the rows!

0
myrnalarson (223)

How do I de-select a selected row?
Say I'm happily whipping through a spreadsheet selecting various rows. (Simply by clicking on them and hitting "control" while doing it). Then.. CATASTROPHE STRIKES! I accidentally select a row that I didn't MEAN to. Other than starting over on the clicking (ugh!) is there a way to remove that ONE row (or column, or cell) from my selections? Thanks!! See Chip Pearson's article at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/unselect.htm "Suze" wrote: > Say I'm happily whipping through a spreadsheet selecting various rows. > (Simply by clicking on them and hi...

Insert Row-First time user
How do I insert rows into the middle of my chart? When I right click insert, or insert rows from the the top, I get the following message: "To prevent possible loss of data, MS Excel cannot shift nonblank cells off the worksheet........" I don't understand the answers given on this subject previously. I sure would appreciate a simple do this do that answer. Thanks Hi "BarelyWild", Don't know what it has to do with charts but it sounds like you have something in the last column or last row of your worksheet or are trying to insert a VERY large number of c...

Insert Row without changing formulas
In Row(1), I have some formulas. As an example, "{=MIN(IF($B $3:B1994,$B$3:B1994))}" is in Cell B1. Row(2) contains some headings. I have code as follows, that copies data from one sheet and inserts into another sheet: ss.Rows("2:" & 2 + dta - 1).Copy ds.Rows(3).Insert Shift:=xlDown This causes the cell starting and ending values in the Row(1) cells to increase by one. I want the Starting value in cell B1 to always be $B$3, but the ending value to increase by one as I insert new data. Can someone explain how to do this? ...

Insert duplicate rows based on numeric value in column
Is there a way to insert new duplicate rows in an excel worksheet based on a value in a column? For example I have 2 columns as follows Place Number London 3 Paris 5 Lisbon 2 France 2 I want to achieve the following Place Number London 3 London 3 London 3 Paris 5 Paris 5 Paris 5 Paris 5 Paris 5 Lisbon 2 Lisbon 2...and so on So I basically want the first column and its value repeated the number of times specified by the associated value in the Number column. I hope that makes sense. I hope someone can help as this is driving me nuts and I a...

how to put data in the column A to the next row of the column B
I have data in 50 columns and 30 rows. I would like to know how to either copy or move the data in the next columns to the next row of the previous column without using "copy and paste" because there are too many columns and I think there is a better way to do this. I want to have only one column combining all data from 50 different columns into one column. So it looks like this after moving or copying the data from columns into one column. column A ------------ A1 .... A30 B1 ( data in the column B is now in the next row in the column A) .... B30 ...... .... AX1 ( data in the...

Delete all Rows containing #N/A once a VLookup has been performed
Hi I am recording a Macro which uses a VLookup to fill in values in column A from another file. Where a match is not found it displays #N/A. I can use AutoFilter to filter out all the #N/A's and then delete these rows. The problem is that the orginal file is downloaded on a regular basis and the number of rows varies and therefore the number of #N/A's. Is there macro code which will automatically delete all rows containing #N/A's. Thanks Shirley -- Shirley Munro ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Shirley Munro's Profile: http://ww...

set default row height and col width settings?
Can you set the default row height and column width for new worksheets? gls858 Hi Gls858, > Can you set the default row height and column width for > new worksheets? > Format a workbook the way you want it and save it as Book.XLT, file type Template, in your XLSTART directory (below the directory from which Excel is loaded). Any new workbook created, will be based on this workbook Copy a worksheet from this workbook and save it as Sheet.XLT ,as above. Any new sheet you insert will be based on that sheet. Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP www.jkp-ads.com Jan Karel Pi...

Delete row problem
First 3 criteria work but not the 4th, which is looking cells in column "J" with all start of "HG", anybody can help please? Sub Macro1() Dim i As Long, LastRow As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False LastRow = Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row For i = LastRow To 2 Step -1 If Cells(i, "I") = "" Or Cells(i, "J") = "sss" Or Cells(i, "J") = "ccccc" Or Cells(i, "J") = "//" Or Cells(i, "J") = "HG*" Then Rows(i).Delete End...

Deleting multiple rows from value list
Is there a way to delete multiple rows in a value list for a Text column? I have over 200 rows out of a value list that are duplicates that I need to delete. I can delete them row by row but I'd like to click on the 1st row and shift click on the last row that needs to deleted. Is this possible? Thanks in advance (from a Project newbie) Yes. Select then click on the cut icon. Try it. -Jack Dahlgren "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6596A51E-9C60-46A4-B9AB-AAB335A92906@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to delete multiple ro...

How do I create a single template that will process multiple rows of data?
I want to do something that is easy to do in Microsoft Access, which I no longer have, but I don't know how to do it in Excel. I want to be able to take a rows of data and output them using a single template (not sure of the right word). E.g.: The data in worksheet 1 is this: A B C 1 Jim Hart 123 Main Street 123-4567 2 Joe Smith 456 State Street 234-5678 3 John Brown 789 Elm Street 345-6789 How do I create a single template in worksheet 2 that takes the above data and outputs the data arranged like a rolodex card without hav...

How to find selected row?
I went through all properties searching for Selected or ActiveRow but I cannot find it. Jack Hello Jack, How exactly would you like this information? If you're talking about while looking at the worksheet, take a look directly left of the formula bar in the Name box. There you'll see the active cell's address. If you're talking VBA, then you can use Activecell.row, Activecell.column or Activecell.Address. Remember the first two will give you numeric returns while the last example will be a string (address). Hope this is what you're referring to, you were not...

skipping rows with zero values
Hi there Here's my problem - Want to be able to skip rows with zero values and place next non-zero row in the one skipped. exampl B1 1 B2 B3 1 Results wante B1 1 B2 1 many thanks jojo Hi Jojo Try using Autofilter, filter column B for 0 values, and then delete those rows. HTH >-----Original Message----- >Hi there, >Here's my problem - Want to be able to skip rows with zero values and place next non-zero row in the one skipped. >example >B1 14 >B2 0 >B3 10 >Results wanted >B1 14 >B2 10 >many thanks jojo >. > Hi, I would probably s...

Can Row and Column Inputs in 2 Var. Data Table be on a separate sh #2
I have created a two variable data table that I would like to reference data from a separate worksheet (i.e., the Row and Column Inputs would reference cells on a separate worksheet). How can I accomplish this? When you are in the dialog box asking for reference cells, simply switch to the other worksheet and point to the cells. "RED" wrote: > I have created a two variable data table that I would like to reference data > from a separate worksheet (i.e., the Row and Column Inputs would reference > cells on a separate worksheet). How can I accomplish this? I trie...

Change attributes of entire row when a particular string is found in row
I have a text file (csv-format) that is going to be opened by Excel 2000. When the file is opened by excel, I would like to underline/highlight the column headings above the data. (Much like the output of sql). My logic looks like the following: For entire page; do find NEXT row where the first column has eg "Record id" underline or highlight the ENTIRE ROW to grey done Can this be done via a macro or vb code ? Can the macro/code be shipped within the csv text file ? TIA, Sunil ...

How can I easily update formulas that include new rows?
I have a worksheet that I use to update league baseball game stats on a daily basis. Each day as many as 13 new rows are added to the bottom. I then have to go to the top of 10 separate columns one at a time to update SUM formulas so that they will include the new rows. For example, Col C may have a formula at the top of the col that reads: =SUM(C4:C300). After the addition of say 9 rows, I have to manually change the formula to read: =SUM(C4:C309). Is there a way to type that 309 in a blank cell just once and have all the SUM formulas refer to it? TIA for your help. OldKenGoat Hi ...

SQL query how to count rows in a group by
I want to count the rows of a query I'm running, but I'm already using the count function with my group by. Here's my query: select email, count(*) from customer group by email having count(email) >1 this just gives me every email and the email count, which is correct, but I just want to know how many rows this gives, not the data passed back I'd like to select count(email, count(*)) from customer group by email having count (email)>1 On Jan 12, 2:40=A0pm, Cindy Lee <danparker...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I want to count the rows of a query I'm ...

Help Please
Please respond to newsgroup as email is bogus to prevent spam. I am using Excel 2003. I am merging cells in one row so lines of text can be entered. (If I enter I'll use Alt-Enter for return). I have set the cell to WordWrap. However, after I test my entry the row height remains at default. Dbl clicking on it doesn't expand it. I would like my row height to automatically expand. How do I do this. Thanks in advance for any help. Respectfully, baz Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Rows.EntireRow.AutoFit End Sub "baz" wrote: > Please re...

Add sequential row numbers based on sorted field
I would like to make a make-table query that counts records using a type of row number, based on the number in the field [Batch]. For example: Record--[Batch] 1--6114 2--6114 3--6114 4--6115 5--6115 6--6116 7--6117 8--6117 9--6117 And the second table would look like: Record -- [Batch]--[Row] 1--6114--1 2--6114--2 3--6114--3 4--6115--1 5--6115--2 6--6116--1 7--6117--1 8--6117--2 9--6117--3 To give more background to what I am doing, I am using Access to systematically correct an export of Program A, so that the resulting data can be imported into Program B. While program A does not give an ...

switch rows

Automatically delete rows
I have a spreadsheet that was created in and exported from QuickBooks. Before manipulating data in the spreadsheet, I want to delete all rows that contain anything in column C. What function or code could I use to do this? Could it be done using a macro? I have to do this many times in a month, so would like to automate the process as much as possible. Ivor Sub delete_rows() Dim RowNdx As Long Dim LastRow As Long LastRow = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For RowNdx = LastRow To 1 Step -1 If Cells(RowNdx, "C").Value <> "" Then Rows...

How to subtract some rows from a range
I invoke the UsedRange and get the range as A14:B55 but I want to subtract the first 5 rows from this used range how can I remove the rows A14:B20 from the above range. Thanks Simon dim oUsed as range set oUsed=activesheet.usedrange set oUsed=oUsed.resize(oused.rows.count-5,2) set oUsed=oUsed.offset(5,0) regards Charles ______________________ Decision Models FastExcel Version 2 now available. www.DecisionModels.com/FxlV2WhatsNew.htm "Simon Lenn" <simonlenn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3641e2c2.0403050459.10e2faf9@posting.google.com... > I invoke the UsedRange and g...

delete quintuplicate rows of data in spreadsheet
After importing data from a daily racing form into an excel spreadsheet I will have the lifetime past performance of up to 100 +- race horses so Column A will contain as many as 15 to 20 races of the same (horse) name even though the data in Column B through ...........................(whatever column) will be unique. I only need to use 4 races from each horse, I would like a way to filter data so that only 4 races of each horse are available, the rest will be deleted. If exporting it into MS Access is a way to do it that is OK too!! "goognodoubt" <jamesnodoubt@hotmail.com> w...

previous row
previous row -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have 2 cols as follows A1 to A5 B1 TO B5 3.5 Same 3.5 Same 3.6 out 3.7 0UT 4.3 out 2.1 in The names in the second column are the relationship between the cells in A2 and A1, if a2 = a1 same,a2>a1 is OUT ,a2<a1 is IN. I want to filter out the rows immediately prior to an IN row. in the above example this would be the row containing A5. There are many rows and columns in the sheet so doing it manually is not an option -- pytelium --------------------------------------------------------...

Sorting rows with macro
I have a macro which imports a .htm file from another application then sorts the rows, The problem is that the number of rows in the import file varies. In writing the macro I use ctrl downarrow to select the last cell in the column, select that cell - scroll to the top select the range. Even though I used ctrl keys to select the range Excel takes the values as absolute How can I make the Range selection relative. First cell to last cell regardless of the length of the file Raymond, You can calculate the number of rows as follows Cells(Rows.Count,"A").End(xlUp).Row which ...

Switch Column & Row numbering
In Excel 2003 is there a way to switch the row numbers 1,2,3... with the column lettering a,b,c... or show the first two rows as 0 (or nothing) and start the row numbering from line 3? I have an document that the first two rows are frozen & scrolling starts from row 3, information is updated each day. The trouble is people looking at the data see row 3 as the 3rd (3.10.04) and not as the 1st (1.10.04) etc. "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<79F57402-6B92-4A0C-A73B-F0EB0EFF760E@microsoft.com>... > In Excel 2003 is there a way to ...