Unhiding Rows #2

I have accidently hidden rows 1 through to 20 on my spreadsheet and saved the
file. When I opened it I found that I couldn't unhide them by right clicking
and selecting 'unhide' as this option wasn't available to me.
Can anyone help?

Go to the center of the top of row 21 at the corner of top row an
column A or whatever column is visible. Move your mouse slowly in tha
area and it should change from a large "PLUS" to something like th
following = when you see that, hold the left mouse button down and dra
down and it should resize those rows for you

--
wjohnso
wjohnson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2964

How do I unhide rows 1 through to 20 though?

"wjohnson" wrote:

> Go to the center of the top of row 21 at the corner of top row and
> column A or whatever column is visible. Move your mouse slowly in that
> area and it should change from a large "PLUS" to something like the
> following = when you see that, hold the left mouse button down and drag
> down and it should resize those rows for you.
>

> --
> wjohnson
> wjohnson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29640
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497317

Hi

Press CTRL+A to select the whole sheet
Format>Rows>Unhide

--
Regards

Roger Govier

Struggling of Essex <StrugglingofEssex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> How do I unhide rows 1 through to 20 though?
>
> "wjohnson" wrote:
>

>> Go to the center of the top of row 21 at the corner of top row and
>> column A or whatever column is visible. Move your mouse slowly in
>> that
>> area and it should change from a large "PLUS" to something like the
>> following = when you see that, hold the left mouse button down and
>> drag
>> down and it should resize those rows for you.
>>

>> --
>> wjohnson
>> wjohnson's Profile:
>> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29640
>> View this thread:
>> http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497317

0
roger5293 (1125)
1/2/2006 11:10:10 AM
Many thanks

"Roger Govier" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Press CTRL+A to select the whole sheet
> Format>Rows>Unhide
>

> --
> Regards
>
> Roger Govier
>

> Struggling of Essex <StrugglingofEssex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > How do I unhide rows 1 through to 20 though?
> >
> > "wjohnson" wrote:
> >

> >> Go to the center of the top of row 21 at the corner of top row and
> >> column A or whatever column is visible. Move your mouse slowly in
> >> that
> >> area and it should change from a large "PLUS" to something like the
> >> following = when you see that, hold the left mouse button down and
> >> drag
> >> down and it should resize those rows for you.
> >>

> >> --
> >> wjohnson
> >> wjohnson's Profile:
> >> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29640
> >> View this thread:
> >> http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=497317

Another way:

Edit|goto
type in A1:A20
format|row|Unhide

--

Dave Peterson
0

NESTED IF STATEMENTS #2
Having a little problem in an excel class, hoping someone might be able to help. I'm trying to fill in the discount column on a spreadsheet with the following info. The problem states use a nested form of the IF function to calculate 15% if Amount is greater that $300., 10% if Amount is greater than $100., and 0% if Amount is less than $100. The Amount column is cell D5. Anyone know how to write the formula and explain how to go about it? Any help would be much appreciated. Let's see. This is homework so you should come up with the answer yourself. Did you start by looking in the he...

Multiple PST Files #2

lost menu bar #2
HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet and I can't seem to find anyone to help me get it back. The menu I am missing is the one that includes - File, Edit, Insert and etc. I have tried...right clicking - customize - toolbars, but I don't seem to have the needed item. Anyone with suggestions - please reply... Thanks. Hi if you right-click on the menu bar you should see an item like 'General'. Check this item -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany JoEllen OSBDC wrote: > HELP!!! The main menu bar is missing off my excel sheet > and I can't s...

Thread Synchronization #2
Hi, I have a shared resource, say a file which is to be accessed between multiple threads. There are say 20 Read threads and 1 Write thread. When the Write thread is writing into the file, the Read threads should be blocked, and when even 1 read thread reads, the Write thread should be blocked. The Read threads can read simultaneously, but only say 5 at a time. What kind of synchronization mechanism can I use for this? TIA, Sucharit You can create a mutex a adquire it when a read operation start, check it before start any write operation. You will need another mutex ...

using dates Part 2

Send 1 address to 2 mailboxes
I want to create an address and have any mail sent to that address delivered to two separate users' mailboxes. How can I do that. I've tried simply adding the address in the two users' "Email Addresses" tab in the User's properties of ADU&C. But it wouldn't allow me to add the same address to the second user ("This email address already exists in this organization"). I've also tried creating a new user for the address and forwarding the email to the 2 other users (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options button - Forward To field). But ...

Publisher 2000? #2
Is there a place where I can still get version 2000? I've been looking, but all I can find are updates and the 2007 trial. My computer can't run 2007. *If* if can be had, try something like eBay. (I wouldn't buy software that way but that's just my preference.) You may find you have better luck finding a leftover copy of Pub 2003 from some online retailers. (I actually prefer that over 2000.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Compare 2 different workbooks with the result in a 3rd
I have two workbooks (2005 Sales, 2004 Sales), which track daily results in half hour intervals. I want to be able to show the increase in 2005 in a 3rd workbooks. The first two workbooks are identically formatted. How can I do this? Many thanks to all in the forum who have helped in the past. If the data is in exactly the same position in the two worksheets you could copy/paste one's data to a new worksheet and then copy the second's, doing an Edit, Paste Special, Subtract on top of the first's data. This is admittedly crude but it is easy to do. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP &q...

import from eudora #2
I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in outlook. I want to move all of my mailboxes to outlook. Eudora does not have an export function. Do I need to go through something else, such as Thunderbird. I can't use Outlook Express, because it only imports through Eudora v3.0. I have 4.3. Any thoughts on this? "Nate Rosenthal" <ncrose@comcast.net> wrote in message news:IOmdnV5bH5fEddbVnZ2dnUVZ_rbinZ2d@comcast.com... >I have used Eudora for many years, but am planning to set up my email in >outlook. I want to move all of my m...

Named ranges
Excel 2003 I have a total sheet that gets data from three different shift sheets (all in the same workbook) for a monthly report. I have named ranges on each shift sheet for each month's production data (S1M1, S1M2, S1M3, S2M1...) where S1M1 =A2:AC147, S1M2 = A148:AC329, etc. The old formula was:=SUMIF('SHIFT 1'!$L$1:$L$147,"BB",'SHIFT 1'!$T$1:$T$147). I'm stumped as to what the new formula would be - how would I direct Excel to column L of S1M1 to search for "BB", then add the contents of column T? The range changes each month, and I tho...

Look up column name, match rows (a/cnumber) & summing up....its confusing!
Hi All, Here is what I'v been trying to do but..! I'v 2 sets of data (data1 & data2) Column name may be sane/different in each data set and same applies to acct_no.. I want to prepare a report that combine product & accounts data show accumulatd result on another sheet/file. Data 1 - upto Jan 2006 Acct. No Total Prod - A Prod - B Prod-C 1001 51 10 30 11 1002 47 15 20 12 1003 80 20 15 45 1004 64 25 16 23 Total 242 70 81 91 Data 2 - Feb 2006 Acct. No Total Prod - A Prod - B 1002 7 5 2 1004 16 10 6 1009 9 3 6 Total 32 18 14 Report required Acct upto Jan'06 Prod - ...

Excel AutoSave #2
In Excel 2000 was this feature available? User is not seeing it. Excel 2000 had the AUTOSAVE.XLA Add-in Should be in Tools>Add-ins. If not available there, do a file search on your computer. If not there, install from the CD. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 6 May 2004 13:26:16 -0700, "Ssolano" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Excel 2000 was this feature available? >User is not seeing it. ...

copying rows from next sheet over
I'm trying to copy a range of rows from one sheet over from the activ sheet, and paste them onto another sheet. This is what I tried: ActiveSheet.Next.Range("a2:b100").select selection.copy However, I'm getting the error "selection method of the range clas failed" What am I doing wrong, and is there an alternative way to do this? Any help would be appreciated -- ayl32 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ayl322's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=984 View this thread: http://www.excel...

downloading #2
I have attempted to download bank statements into Money 2001. Although my bank shows the statements were downloaded, nothing appears in Money,and I am not offered any opportunity to review or add the transactions. Does anyone have any advice. I am familiar with how it is supposed to work, for I had downloaded statements successfully in the past. ...

Missing send/receive button #2
After I installed Outlook 2003 on a new computer and migrated my data file, there's no send/receive button when I click on personal folders in Mail and it doesn't appear on the tools menu. I've done reinstall/repair twice without fixing the problem. Is there some configuration procedure I need to do? Thanks for any help. Windwatcher wrote: > After I installed Outlook 2003 on a new computer and migrated my data > file, there's no send/receive button when I click on personal folders in > Mail and > it doesn't appear on the tools menu. I've done reinst...

Syncronizing Outlook Contacts with Quick Books Pro #2
I am unable to get "home" addresses in Outlook Contacts to show up in Quick Books Pro. Only the "business" addresses show up. HELP!!!! which version of outlook and did it ever sync all the addresses? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "Curtis&qu...

playing sounds in email #2
I wonder if anyone can please help me to know how to send an email which will automatically play a sound file when it is previewed or opened by the recipient I have received such emails occasionally, and I now have a serious reason (as opposed to a 'fun' one, which is what all these others were!) to want to do this. Thanks, Jeff ...

CColorDialog #2
I am trying to work with the CColorDialog in an MFC app and everything is going fine, except I would like to change the title of the dialog so that instead of "Color" I make it say what I want it to say. Seemed easy enough to do, but no. Not much info on the web unless I am searching for the wrong kinds of info. Of course, it derives from CWnd, so I tried SetWindowText(), but that failed and I assume it is because the handle to the color dialog doesnt exist until you call DoModal(). Thus the call to setting the window text fails because there is no window. So, what are th...

Combine data from multiple rows onto one row in separate columns
My table looks like this: Sample_# data1 data2 data3 data4 etc.. 0000001 0.1 0.2 0000001 2.5 0000001 0.5 0000002 0.2 0.2 0000002 3.1 0000003 0.1 0.2 I receive data at different points in time and it thus I end up with multiple sample_#'s and various data columns filled in. I would like to combine all the data for each sample into one row. I would like it to look like this: Sample_# data1 data2 data3 data4 etc.. 0000001 ...

Up-side down Graph #2
Hi, How do I make an Up-side down graph. (with y-axis values shown on the opposite direction). Hi, Double click the axis and on the scale tab check Values in reverse order. Is that the upside down you want? Cheers Andy excel_hari@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi, > > How do I make an Up-side down graph. (with y-axis values shown on the > opposite direction). > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Hi Andy, Thanks for the solution. its been a great help. Regards, Hari India Andy Pope wrote: > Hi, > > Double click the axis and on the scale tab ...

Installation CRM 1.2 on SBS2003 SP1 fails, please help
At the end of my installation I get an error windows with; Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server Setup was unable to provision your organisation Setup was unable to create user settings. Access is denied. (80070005) Active Directory is in native mode I am installing as the administrator (domain admin) security account for services in Local System account Local System account and computer are added to the Pre Windows 2000 comp group Thanks in advance for any support Marc Did you enter your organization name precisely the same way it appears on your CRM 1.2 licenses? -- Matt ...

cross hairs when I print #2
How do I get rid of the cross hairs when I print sciacqua1 wrote: > How do I get rid of the cross hairs when I print File > Print > Advanced Print Settings > Page Settings > Use Crop Marks. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

*bubble - SCRIPT
Hi all ! The Kurt Grigg BUBBLES SCRIPT is a wanna-have to me... I downloaded a stationery for Outlook Express with the bubbles-script in - here : http://www.finelettersforyou.com/Artists/_penny_parker/penny_parker_Beauty_underthesea.html Only, if I use the stationery - the bubbles seem to vanish...!! The RECEIVER's inbox shows only those terrible RED X-es. Could you help me with this problem? Please??? Big Belgian Thanks ! So sorry !! And no, don't say anything... Posted it by mistake. I feel like a real dummie now.... ...

printing 2 pages in one A4
Please help. How do I print in excel. I have data of 5000 rows and each row has 3 columns. Each A4 page can take around 80 rows of data. In order to save on paper, I was wondering if I could divide the page to accommodate 6 rows by printing rows 1-80 on left side of an a4 page and then rows 81-160 on the right side of the page. And then rows 161 to 241 on the left and rows 321 on the right side of page 2. And so on until the total 5000 rows are printed. I know I can do this page by page one at a time using the printscreen option but I was hoping I could set it up so the printing could be d...