Undoing a Save in Excel

How do you undo a saved spreadsheet in excel.  We
overwrote our budget which has many critical items saved
over the years.  We are desperate to roll back!!

PLEASE HELP!!
0
kmrpete23 (1)

Hi,

As far as I know there is now way to undo a save in Excel (and most =
other programs).
You will have to revert to your most recent backup or perhaps get the =
file back from someone you may have mailed it to.

Regards
Anders Silven

"kmrpete23@aol.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i =
meddelandet news:012701c3d8a3$2658f9a0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> How do you undo a saved spreadsheet in excel.  We=20
> overwrote our budget which has many critical items saved=20
> over the years.  We are desperate to roll back!!=20
>=20
> PLEASE HELP!!
If your on Windows XP you could try system restore :

[start menu > All programs > Accessories > System tools > System
restore. ]

I dont want to rub salt in your wounds, but from bitter experience the
answer is backup, backup and backup again.

---

System Restore will not restore data files from Applications so don't bother.

From Help...........

System Restore overview.

System Restore is a component of Windows XP Professional that you can use to
restore your computer to a previous state, if a problem occurs, without losing
your personal data files (such as Microsoft Word documents, browsing history,
drawings, favorites, or e-mail). System Restore monitors changes to the system
and some application files, and it automatically creates easily identified
restore points. These restore points allow you to revert the system to a
previous time. They are created daily and at the time of significant system
events (such as when an application or driver is installed). You can also
create and name your own restore points at any time.

Notes

Restoring your computer does not affect or change your personal data files.

For information about backing up personal data files, see Backing up files and
folders.

For an overview of the other recovery technologies provided with Windows XP,
see Recovering Your System.

For more information about System Restore, see Understanding System Restore.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 19:05:50 -0600, soundsalarming
<<soundsalarming.zw9fo@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

>If your on Windows XP you could try system restore :
>
>[start menu > All programs > Accessories > System tools > System
>restore. ]
>
>I dont want to rub salt in your wounds, but from bitter experience the
>answer is backup, backup and backup again.
>

>---

Gord
1/12/2004 1:34:15 AM
AFAIK  Restore for XP does not save xls documents

"soundsalarming >" <<soundsalarming.zw9fo@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:soundsalarming.zw9fo@excelforum-nospam.com...
: If your on Windows XP you could try system restore :
:
: [start menu > All programs > Accessories > System tools > System
: restore. ]
:
: I dont want to rub salt in your wounds, but from bitter experience the
: answer is backup, backup and backup again.
:
:
: ---
: Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/
:

0
nospam202 (664)
1/12/2004 7:54:55 PM
If the budget file is on the network, get one of the daily backups from before
the save and restore the file.