Unable to save excel worksheet to cd

Cannot save excel worksheet to cdrw.  Error message says
file is read only.
0
dshort (1)

"Deborah Short" <dshort@gcnetmail.net> wrote in message
> Cannot save excel worksheet to cdrw.  Error message says
> file is read only.

Save to HD, then copy to CDRW.

0
Anon

force Excel to treat numbers as text
Sorry I searched this and no one seems to have a solution. I trie pre-defiming columns as text but it gets over-riden by the paste. Past Special doesn't do the trick.. paste special as text on tabular data coming from a web site puts mos of the data in the first column. It no longer spreads the columns o pasted data into its own excel columns the tabular data, tab delimited, I want to 'copy&paste' looks lik this: 1) OGRODOWICZ MARK M47 6306 BROOKLYN NY 533 446 41 24:00 23:25 7:3 20:58 2) CHAO DUSTIN M35 3738 NEW YORK NY 534 447 155 24:02 23:47 7:40 23:1 The paste should...

Protection of check boxes in excel 2002
Hi I have a form set up in excel with check boxes, and I wish to protect the sheet but allow users to be able to select and deselect the check boxes. When I protect the sheet and then use the sheet, an error mesage lets you know the sheet is protected and read only, I have tried in format control for the check box to deselect the locked option and lock text option. Its bound to be simple but help is always welcome. Try unlocking the cells that are linked to the checkboxes. You can hide the columns/rows that contain the link (or move them to another (hidden???) worksheet. Newbeetle wrote...

Excel Help Please quick question
i want to have a cell automatically fill its self in when another cell says a certain thing. eg - if i type "blue" into D5 i want D6 to automatically change to "yes" Is this possible Thanks In Cell D6 put this formula =3DIF(D6=3D"blue","yes","") On Nov 15, 7:13=A0pm, Tom Jacques <Tom Jacq...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i want to have a cell automatically fill its self in when another cell sa= ys a > certain thing. > > eg - if i type "blue" into D5 i want D6 to automatically change t...

How do I add a floating text box in Excel?
I have a shared workbook with several huge spreadsheets. There are certain things that other users/viewers would readily want to know without parsing to the end of the spreadsheet. How can I create a floating text box in Excel and include totals of certain cells from the same worksheet? MS has lots of templates at: http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/TemplateGallery And there's always google! Prashant wrote: > > I have a shared workbook with several huge spreadsheets. There are certain > things that other users/viewers would readily want to know without parsing to > the...

Excel 2007 error when opening program
"The INI file containing the temp chart file name could not be found" What does this mean and how can it be corrected. Recently upgraded from 2003 to 2007 ...

Doex Excel do this?
Hi everone, Say I have a workbook of 30 worksheets, each a worksheet has tab name and table. I want to create additional sheet that lists each tab name and its table's column names! Is this doable? Thanks, Mike Assuming Table column names are in A1:J1 on each sheet. Sub CreateListOfSheets() Dim WS As Worksheet Worksheets.Add(After:=Worksheets(Worksheets.Count)).Name = "List" For I = 1 To Worksheets.Count With Worksheets("List") Set WS = Worksheets(I) If WS.Name <> "List" Then .Cells(I, 1).Valu...

Toggle Headings for All Worksheets
I am using MS Excel 2007. I have a workbook with many worksheets. Sometimes I need to see the headings, sometimes not. Is it possible to turn on or off the headings for ALL the worksheets simultaneously. Thanks. Never mind. If I select all sheets by right-clicking on the tabs, then checking or unchecking headings in Show/Hide, the headings are toggled, so the problem is solved. Just curious. Is there another way. "Rebecca" wrote: > I am using MS Excel 2007. I have a workbook with many worksheets. Sometimes I > need to see the headings, sometimes not. Is it possible t...

Listing a selection of data from one worksheet on another
At the moment I have a worksheet with a list of client in one column and then in another column that uses an IF formula to display either the number of days to the deadline or text which says No Deadline. What I want to do is enter some kind of formula so that a list of clients with deadlines between 1 and 7 days appears on another worksheet automatically with the number of days to the deadline next to them. To make it even harder the list is currently in name order but on the new worksheet I would like it to automatically appear in days til deadline order with lowest number of days a...

Read Text File into Excel Using VBA
Hi All, I'm a new VBA programmer. I know how to pull an entire text file into an Excel Spreadsheet, but I only want specific information from the text file not the entire text file. What I have is about 25 text files stored in a folder, let's say C:\test. Each file is named by a property address as follows: 209 MAIN ST.txt 213 MAIN ST.txt 111 ELM ST.txt 2356 WOOD AVE.txt On the 11th row of each file is as follows: Property Address:209 MAIN ST On the 31st row of each file is as follows: Total Value:30500 What I would like to do is read each file located in the "C:\test folder...

How to disabel "Excel" button in CRM
Hi, Dose anybody know how to get rid off the EXCEL button in lots of form in CRM, we don't want user can export company's data to EXCL file and take it away. Thank you ...

Excel 2000
Is there a limit to the number of slices in an Excel 2000 pie chart. I can only get (9) to work using the wizard. As soon as I add (10) the last one gives an error readin and it sits there incomplete. Hi, There are limits but it's not 10. What data do you have in those 10 cells? Cheers Andy Bob wrote: > Is there a limit to the number of slices in an Excel 2000 pie chart. I can > only get (9) to work using the wizard. As soon as I add (10) the last one > gives an error readin and it sits there incomplete. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info I a...

Names across worksheets
I am defining groups of cells as a name by using these steps, "Insert", "Name", "Define". This works great when I'm on the one worksheet, though I find a brief problem when I try to span across worksheets. I've taken 6 cells from one worksheet and one from another. If I do a normal sum, the answer is 1795. If I do a sum on the defined name, it comes to 3595.5. I thought for some odd reason that the result was doubled, but it's more than doubled (only just). If I simply do =(defined name), it comes out to the value of the final cell (on the s...

Unable to view Public Folders from Outlook Calendar
I'm running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I created a public folder named "Trades Shows" as a calendar. I can view "Trades Shows" from the calendar list view under Mail, but I'm unable to open the calendar from the calendar tab by choosing "Open a Shared Calendar". When I choose to view Public Folders from the dropdown no public folders are listed. I have 10 public folders and none of them are listed in the dropdown selection list. Any idea why this would be the case? I think it will be if you add it to your "favorites"... -- Su...

excel multilple sheets
Need to branch to another sheet in the workbook and then return to the sheet that the branch was started from! Now for the kicker The user can change the name of the sheet that the program runs from!! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Chip Pearson just posted some code (you wanted code???) that works very nicely. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=utf6mffiDHA.620%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl It works if the sheet has been renamed, too. Arr wrote:...

2007 version of Excel
How do I create a password so that the password is required upon opening the workbook? Take the following action in EXCEL 2007:- 1. Launch EXCEL so that it has a new file in it. 2. Click on the Office Button (top left hand corer). 3. Prepare / Encrypt Document / enter the password that you want to use (for example test). - OK - enter the password again (test) - OK - Save the file in the normal way (Ctrl-S) 4. Close the file in the normal way (Office Button in top left hand corner / Close). 5. Now open the file once more. To get into it you will ha...

Changing chart background color in Excel 97 SR 2
I am fairly new to this so please bear with me. I have a chart based on numbers in a spread that has a grey background (The chart) but I would like the background to be white and can not get it to change. I right clicked on the chart and went to Format Chart Area, Patterns, Fill Effects, Patterns and changed the background to white but the ok button is greyed out. Am using Excel (Office) 97 SR 2 TIA http://members.aol.com/larrystark/ Right click (or double click) on the gray region, which is the Plot Area. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tut...

How to start the default mail program using Excel VBA? #2
From Excel (using VBA) I want to click a button and start the default mail program installed on the computer. After this I want to prepopulate the TO line in Outlook Express or Outlook (depending on what's installed on the machine) with a few e-mail addresses (stored in my spreadsheet). Any sample code for this please? Thanks in advance Michalakis Michael michalakis_michael@hotmail.com ...

Calculated measure problem (OLAP) in Excel Spreadsheet
G'Day all I am having trouble with a calculation that on the surface seems to be working until it is opened up in excel The measure calculates the Actual Value as of last year and is as follows - ([Measures].[Act Val],ParallelPeriod([Time].[Year],1) This works fine until I look at the totals within EXCEL 2002/200 1)If I choose to view a whole year then the total shows me a whole year. That is fine and as expected 2)If I choose part of the year the total shows me the whole year. This is wrong and am wondering if it is an Excel probem or my calculation? But here is the weird part - 3)I...

Excel Save As Options
I am using XP Pro SP3 and Office 2007 Enterprise. I am using a third party retailing WWW page development tool to update a database of various item information on a WWW page. My boss is a reseller (at a lower price than the manufacturer of course). The update takes place via an import function built into their tool and the import function will take as input a flat file and you can specify if the field separator is a tab or some other character. I can't change this part. I am encouraged to use the tools that are available since I do not have direct access to the DB (and probably don...

cannot access excel spreadsheet
I have a received an excell spreadsheet attachment which I have saved in >my documents> but try to open it and nothing happens. what do I do to open it successfully? I am using micsrosoft windows XP No technical terms please as I am very new to computing Do you have Excel installed? In order to open an Excel workbook (file) you must have the Excel program installed on your computer. Excel is not a part of WindowsXP and you cannot download it for free from anywhere. There is a free Excel viewer with which you can view the contents of the file. You can download it at this ...

Excel 2007 Won't Start
When I try to access Excel 2007, I get the following error message from Windows Installer: "Preparing to Install" But nothing installs and Excel 2007, which ran fine on my machine till recently won't run. Neither will Word 2007. I download the latest Windows installer, and tried to uninstall Office Enterprise 2007 so I could reinstall it. But Office Enterprise won't uninstall or reinstall. -- Audrey Clement ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this s...

control chart scale with cell value in excel
I would like to control the Min. and Max. values for the x & y axes in a XY scatter chart with cell values. Does anybody know how to do this? Excel 2003 jjw: Here's a post that shows a simple[le VBA approach. http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_set_x_axis_min__max_dates.htm Kelly O'Day http://processtrends.com "jjw" <jjw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B743C713-7053-42F4-B005-2C7B594AA86F@microsoft.com... >I would like to control the Min. and Max. values for the x & y axes in a XY > scatter chart with cell values. > Does anybody...

excel should let me set row amd column maximum sizes
Worksheet size is 65,536 rows by 256 columns. I need one that is 256 rows by 65536 columns (or some where in between) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=441f2d8e-4e4d-49ee-b8d4-5f54b182f23d&...

Outlook XP don't save modified email subject
After installed Office XP SP2, if I open an email than I change the subject then click the button ESC, Outlook ask me if I want to save the email : I answer yes but the email is not saved and the email has the original subject (my changes where not saved)...anyone has this problem ? anyone know I to solve it ? I did not found anything in NG about it. ...

Unable to send, not enough memory
Have Vista, I downloaded a video from my iphone. Its not in window media but q-time. It want let me attatch to my email ...