Unable to group rows or columns on an excel worksheet

I'm unable to group/ungroup rows or columns on an excel worksheet that was
emailed to me by a co-worker.  It's an existing file so I don't know what
restrictions were placed on the workbook.  What can I do to fix this problem?

If the sheet is protected, unprotect it.

You may need a password.
--
HTH,

RD

"Christine - HCVT" <ChristineHCVT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:C0BDA314-BE73-44AB-A276-611F497D179B@microsoft.com...
> I'm unable to group/ungroup rows or columns on an excel worksheet that was
> emailed to me by a co-worker.  It's an existing file so I don't know what
> restrictions were placed on the workbook.  What can I do to fix this
problem?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
8/3/2005 12:28:14 AM
The sheet is not protected.  I'm able to edit everything else and the only
thing is I can't group.

"RagDyer" wrote:

> If the sheet is protected, unprotect it.
>
> You may need a password.
> --
> HTH,
>
> RD
>

> "Christine - HCVT" <ChristineHCVT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:C0BDA314-BE73-44AB-A276-611F497D179B@microsoft.com...
> > I'm unable to group/ungroup rows or columns on an excel worksheet that was
> > emailed to me by a co-worker.  It's an existing file so I don't know what
> > restrictions were placed on the workbook.  What can I do to fix this
> problem?

Might there be some imbedded code?

--

Regards,

RD
-------------------
-------------------

"Christine - HCVT" <ChristineHCVT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:0FF337C4-1233-4C58-A0D2-75A08F9C7BF3@microsoft.com...

"RagDyer" wrote:

> If the sheet is protected, unprotect it.
>
> You may need a password.
> --
> HTH,
>
> RD
>

> "Christine - HCVT" <ChristineHCVT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:C0BDA314-BE73-44AB-A276-611F497D179B@microsoft.com...
> > I'm unable to group/ungroup rows or columns on an excel worksheet that
was
> > emailed to me by a co-worker.  It's an existing file so I don't know
what
> > restrictions were placed on the workbook.  What can I do to fix this
> problem?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
8/3/2005 3:16:49 PM