un/protecting multiple worksheets?

I have workbooks with up to 40 sheets in them and some times need to
make changes to many identical sheets but since they are protected I
have to manually uprotect and protect them. Is there a was to do this
all at once? I'm not very good with VBA so if the only way is to use a
macro could you explain how to do this as if talking to a beginner? I
do appreciate this groups willingness to help others at no cost to
them. I have looked at the Google search site but couldnt find
anything I could understand. TIA for any help you can provide.

Dave
0
Dave
4/23/2004 3:29:17 PM
excel.misc 78881 articles. 5 followers. Follow

8 Replies
543 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 6

Hi, Dave,
I think it would help if we knew a bit more:  do you
just want to protect/unprotect all the workbooks at the
same time?  Do they have a password for protection, and
if so, are they all the same or is each one different?
Is that password something you don't mind entering or
could be stored (not very securely)?  Also, then, do
you want to make a change on one sheet, and have that
change reflected in all the others?  are all the
sheet-naming conventions the same (ie, when you change
cell "B256" on sheet "MyWorkSheet12" in Workbook
"ABC", is a change to go to "B256" on 
sheet "MyWorksheet2" on "BCD", and ..3, etc?

Might not be bad to come up with something, but a lot
needs to be clarified, I think.
thx.
jeff
>-----Original Message-----
>I have workbooks with up to 40 sheets in them and some 
times need to
>make changes to many identical sheets but since they are 
protected I
>have to manually uprotect and protect them. Is there a 
was to do this
>all at once? I'm not very good with VBA so if the only 
way is to use a
>macro could you explain how to do this as if talking to 
a beginner? I
>do appreciate this groups willingness to help others at 
no cost to
>them. I have looked at the Google search site but 
couldnt find
>anything I could understand. TIA for any help you can 
provide.
>
>Dave
>.
>
0
anonymous (74722)
4/23/2004 4:19:03 PM
Thanks Jeff,

Here's a bit of clarification.
Sheets tabs are named as follows:
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,Week 1,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,Week 2 ...etc thru Week 5,
#351 Month, Crew Turnover, Labor Guideline, 351.
All Tabs with a number for the name are identical and all tabs with
Week ? are identical. The other 4 sheets are each unique. Occasionally
I need to make some changes to all the numbered tabs or all the week ?
tabs. So, all changes will be the same on all identical sheets. 
I would like to protect/unprotect all the identical sheets at once to
save time. Although the sheets are protected, they have no password.
The protection is just to keep people from erasing formulas and to
make it easier for them to scroll between unprotected cells without
getting a protected cell message. I hope that helps clarify my
situation and thanks for tackling this with me.
dave














On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:19:03 -0700, "jeff"
<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi, Dave,
>I think it would help if we knew a bit more:  do you
>just want to protect/unprotect all the workbooks at the
>same time?  Do they have a password for protection, and
>if so, are they all the same or is each one different?
>Is that password something you don't mind entering or
>could be stored (not very securely)?  Also, then, do
>you want to make a change on one sheet, and have that
>change reflected in all the others?  are all the
>sheet-naming conventions the same (ie, when you change
>cell "B256" on sheet "MyWorkSheet12" in Workbook
>"ABC", is a change to go to "B256" on 
>sheet "MyWorksheet2" on "BCD", and ..3, etc?
>
>Might not be bad to come up with something, but a lot
>needs to be clarified, I think.
>thx.
>jeff
>>-----Original Message-----
>>I have workbooks with up to 40 sheets in them and some 
>times need to
>>make changes to many identical sheets but since they are 
>protected I
>>have to manually uprotect and protect them. Is there a 
>was to do this
>>all at once? I'm not very good with VBA so if the only 
>way is to use a
>>macro could you explain how to do this as if talking to 
>a beginner? I
>>do appreciate this groups willingness to help others at 
>no cost to
>>them. I have looked at the Google search site but 
>couldnt find
>>anything I could understand. TIA for any help you can 
>provide.
>>
>>Dave
>>.
>>

0
Dave
4/23/2004 4:33:45 PM
Thanks Jonathan,

I had thought about doing that but wasn't sure if that macro would
then work on other workbooks with different names and different sheet
tab names. Any ideas on that?
dave

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:21:06 -0700, Jonathan Cooper
<jonathan.cooper@takata.com> wrote:

>I'm not a macro wizard either but here is what I would do.
>
>Record a macro (tools-->macro-->record) in that workbook.  while it's recording, go through each and every worksheet and unprotect it.  Stop the macro.
>
>Record a second macro.  while it's recording, go through and protect each and every workbook.  Stop the macro.
>
>Save the file.  Now, in the future when you need to change multiple sheets, run the first macro to unprotect.  when you are done, run the second macro and protect them again.
>
>The record macro thing is fairly self expanatory, but if you have trouble, email me and i'll help you out.
>
>
>     
>     ----- Dave Potter wrote: -----
>     
>     I have workbooks with up to 40 sheets in them and some times need to
>     make changes to many identical sheets but since they are protected I
>     have to manually uprotect and protect them. Is there a was to do this
>     all at once? I'm not very good with VBA so if the only way is to use a
>     macro could you explain how to do this as if talking to a beginner? I
>     do appreciate this groups willingness to help others at no cost to
>     them. I have looked at the Google search site but couldnt find
>     anything I could understand. TIA for any help you can provide.
>     
>     Dave
>     

0
Dave
4/23/2004 4:40:42 PM
Here's a macro that will toggle protection on selected sheets.

    Public Sub ToggleProtect1()
        Const PWORD As String = "drowssap"
        Dim wkSht As Worksheet

        For Each wkSht In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
            With wkSht
                 If .ProtectContents Then
                    .Unprotect Password:=PWORD
                Else
                    .Protect Password:=PWORD
                End If
            End With
        Next wkSht
    End Sub

If you're unfamiliar with macros, look at David McRitchie's Getting 
Started with Macros:

    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm



In article <d9di80tanmf8b384j0t8k03er50vlp1c8h@4ax.com>,
 Dave Potter <dpotter41 at chartertn NOSPAM dot net> wrote:

> I have workbooks with up to 40 sheets in them and some times need to
> make changes to many identical sheets but since they are protected I
> have to manually uprotect and protect them. Is there a was to do this
> all at once? I'm not very good with VBA so if the only way is to use a
> macro could you explain how to do this as if talking to a beginner? I
> do appreciate this groups willingness to help others at no cost to
> them. I have looked at the Google search site but couldnt find
> anything I could understand. TIA for any help you can provide.
> 
> Dave
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
4/23/2004 4:44:00 PM
Thanks J E,

With my limited knowledge of VBA, I unhid my personal.xls workbook and
opened VBA and inserted a module and copied and pasted your code. I
then saved, closed , hid personal.xls and tried the code on my
workbook and recieved this error:

'run-time error '1004'

Method 'Protect' of Object'_Worksheet' failed

I'm assuming this is because of some portion of the code that I will
have to tweak, however, I don't know what portion to change.

dave








On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:44:00 -0600, JE McGimpsey
<jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote:

>Here's a macro that will toggle protection on selected sheets.
>
>    Public Sub ToggleProtect1()
>        Const PWORD As String = "drowssap"
>        Dim wkSht As Worksheet
>
>        For Each wkSht In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
>            With wkSht
>                 If .ProtectContents Then
>                    .Unprotect Password:=PWORD
>                Else
>                    .Protect Password:=PWORD
>                End If
>            End With
>        Next wkSht
>    End Sub
>
>If you're unfamiliar with macros, look at David McRitchie's Getting 
>Started with Macros:
>
>    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm
>
>
>
>In article <d9di80tanmf8b384j0t8k03er50vlp1c8h@4ax.com>,
> Dave Potter <dpotter41 at chartertn NOSPAM dot net> wrote:
>
>> I have workbooks with up to 40 sheets in them and some times need to
>> make changes to many identical sheets but since they are protected I
>> have to manually uprotect and protect them. Is there a was to do this
>> all at once? I'm not very good with VBA so if the only way is to use a
>> macro could you explain how to do this as if talking to a beginner? I
>> do appreciate this groups willingness to help others at no cost to
>> them. I have looked at the Google search site but couldnt find
>> anything I could understand. TIA for any help you can provide.
>> 
>> Dave

0
Dave
4/23/2004 5:05:57 PM
J E,

One more thing:
I had multiple sheets selected when the method failed, however, when I
selected only one sheet the method worked fine. I would like to select
multiple sheets and have the macro work.
thanks, dave






On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:05:57 -0400, Dave Potter <dpotter41 at
chartertn NOSPAM dot net> wrote:

>Thanks J E,
>
>With my limited knowledge of VBA, I unhid my personal.xls workbook and
>opened VBA and inserted a module and copied and pasted your code. I
>then saved, closed , hid personal.xls and tried the code on my
>workbook and recieved this error:
>
>'run-time error '1004'
>
>Method 'Protect' of Object'_Worksheet' failed
>
>I'm assuming this is because of some portion of the code that I will
>have to tweak, however, I don't know what portion to change.
>
>dave
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 10:44:00 -0600, JE McGimpsey
><jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote:
>
>>Here's a macro that will toggle protection on selected sheets.
>>
>>    Public Sub ToggleProtect1()
>>        Const PWORD As String = "drowssap"
>>        Dim wkSht As Worksheet
>>
>>        For Each wkSht In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
>>            With wkSht
>>                 If .ProtectContents Then
>>                    .Unprotect Password:=PWORD
>>                Else
>>                    .Protect Password:=PWORD
>>                End If
>>            End With
>>        Next wkSht
>>    End Sub
>>
>>If you're unfamiliar with macros, look at David McRitchie's Getting 
>>Started with Macros:
>>
>>    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm
>>
>>
>>
>>In article <d9di80tanmf8b384j0t8k03er50vlp1c8h@4ax.com>,
>> Dave Potter <dpotter41 at chartertn NOSPAM dot net> wrote:
>>
>>> I have workbooks with up to 40 sheets in them and some times need to
>>> make changes to many identical sheets but since they are protected I
>>> have to manually uprotect and protect them. Is there a was to do this
>>> all at once? I'm not very good with VBA so if the only way is to use a
>>> macro could you explain how to do this as if talking to a beginner? I
>>> do appreciate this groups willingness to help others at no cost to
>>> them. I have looked at the Google search site but couldnt find
>>> anything I could understand. TIA for any help you can provide.
>>> 
>>> Dave

0
Dave
4/23/2004 5:10:50 PM
Oops, cut a bit too vigorously:

    Public Sub ToggleProtect2()
        Const PWORD As String = "drowssap"
        Dim colSheets As New Collection
        Dim wkSht As Worksheet
        Dim i As Long
        Application.ScreenUpdating = False
        For Each wkSht In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
            colSheets.Add wkSht
        Next wkSht
        colSheets(1).Select
        
        For Each wkSht In colSheets
            With wkSht
                 If .ProtectContents Then
                    .Unprotect Password:=PWORD
                Else
                    .Protect Password:=PWORD
                End If
            End With
        Next wkSht
        For i = 2 To colSheets.Count
            colSheets(i).Select False
        Next i
    End Sub


In article <h7ji80t5rev6gjjoatsa22n7q3cr89nm8o@4ax.com>,
 Dave Potter <dpotter41 at chartertn NOSPAM dot net> wrote:

> Thanks J E,
> 
> With my limited knowledge of VBA, I unhid my personal.xls workbook and
> opened VBA and inserted a module and copied and pasted your code. I
> then saved, closed , hid personal.xls and tried the code on my
> workbook and recieved this error:
> 
> 'run-time error '1004'
> 
> Method 'Protect' of Object'_Worksheet' failed
> 
> I'm assuming this is because of some portion of the code that I will
> have to tweak, however, I don't know what portion to change.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
4/23/2004 5:29:54 PM
J E,

Thanks!! Works like a charm. There is only one minor thing that has
changed since applying the macro. 
Before: I had the 'Select locked cells' option turned off
After: The 'Select locked cells' option is turned on

Its not a major thing, but just eliminated the user gettting the
Protected cell error msg.

thanks again,
dave



On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:29:54 -0600, JE McGimpsey
<jemcgimpsey@mvps.org> wrote:

>Oops, cut a bit too vigorously:
>
>    Public Sub ToggleProtect2()
>        Const PWORD As String = "drowssap"
>        Dim colSheets As New Collection
>        Dim wkSht As Worksheet
>        Dim i As Long
>        Application.ScreenUpdating = False
>        For Each wkSht In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
>            colSheets.Add wkSht
>        Next wkSht
>        colSheets(1).Select
>        
>        For Each wkSht In colSheets
>            With wkSht
>                 If .ProtectContents Then
>                    .Unprotect Password:=PWORD
>                Else
>                    .Protect Password:=PWORD
>                End If
>            End With
>        Next wkSht
>        For i = 2 To colSheets.Count
>            colSheets(i).Select False
>        Next i
>    End Sub
>
>
>In article <h7ji80t5rev6gjjoatsa22n7q3cr89nm8o@4ax.com>,
> Dave Potter <dpotter41 at chartertn NOSPAM dot net> wrote:
>
>> Thanks J E,
>> 
>> With my limited knowledge of VBA, I unhid my personal.xls workbook and
>> opened VBA and inserted a module and copied and pasted your code. I
>> then saved, closed , hid personal.xls and tried the code on my
>> workbook and recieved this error:
>> 
>> 'run-time error '1004'
>> 
>> Method 'Protect' of Object'_Worksheet' failed
>> 
>> I'm assuming this is because of some portion of the code that I will
>> have to tweak, however, I don't know what portion to change.

0
Dave
4/23/2004 6:22:42 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Exchange 2003 sends multiple emails
I just discovered that when a user sent email to a specific distribution list or group of people, the email was recieved by the recipients over four times. I can see in the logs that the Exchange server did send roughly this many, but I dont know why. any ideas? thanks ...

Multiple Mail Messages & File Attachments Displayed
I have Outlook 2003 SP2. Periodically emails will arrive twice. In the message template, my email address will be displayed many times in the To: field and any associated attachment(s) will be displayed multiple times. Any assistance is appreciated. ...

display sums from multiple worksheets on one worksheet
I am working on a budget plan. So I have multiple totals from various months that I would like to display on one "totals" page so i can track each month. for example, I have the totals from bikes, cars, and transit on the november worksheet. on the "totals" page I have the totals from bikes, cars, and transit for every month of the year. i kept the names consistent from each page hoping that would simplify things. so far it has not. is there a way to display the totals from each month on the "totals" without having to type a similar formula in eac...

Protect rows from deletion only
Hi, Is there a way to protect a row from deletion, but still allow data entry? I know I can not display the headings under option, but the row can still be deleted. I have long lists stored in hidden columns and if the user deletes the row to delete data, it removes data from the list. I can move all the lists to a separate worksheet, but I looking for an easy way out. Thanks, Jim Hi AFAIK this is not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Jim Edwards" <HugeElvis@adelphia.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:_5ednQkNhPH_kj3cRVn-3A@adelphia.com... > Hi, > Is ...

One IP-address
Our exchange 2003-server hosts two domains A.com and B.com. So, the mx-record for BOTH domains point to the same host (mailhost.A.com) and resolves the corresponding IP-addres. The PTR-record for this IP-address obviously points back to the host mailhost.A.com. All seems to work fine for both domains for the moment, but will this not present a problem in the future for mail from the B.com domain when more and more receiving hosts do reverse lookup ? Or is reverse lookup just verifying the FQDN in the mail-header, and not the senders domain ? Regards Rudy Steyaert HI, NO i don't think ...

Update one Worksheet from Another
Hi, I want to be able to update a worksheet by looking up data from another worksheet. in other words; If Servername in Worksheet A column A equals Servername in Worksheet B Column C then copy serial number from Worksheet B column D to Worksheet A column D. Thanks in advance for any help. OldDog Hi you can use the VLOOKUP function to achieve this. in Worksheet A column D type =VLOOKUP(A1,WorksheetB!$C$1:$D$1000,2,0) this will return the information from column D of Worksheet B where there is an exact match between the data in column A of the current sheet and column C of worksheet B....

Worksheet reference
OK it finaly work but i want to know if we can ajust this for the copy sheet sheet1 (1), sheet1 (2)... Thanks Roch ...

Multiple charts with same serie names
I want to have the same color in all four of my line charts per series. All charts have the same series name. Is there some type of VBA code that I can run a macro to achieve this ? example: boat = green line mnotorcycle = yellow line auto = red line Hi, You could avoid VBA, maybe, by choosing Tools, Options, Color and setting the first three colors of the Chart fills aor Chart lines area depending on the type of charts you are using. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Jennifer" wrote: > I want to have the same color in all four of m...

If...ElseIf...End If with multiple conditions
I am learning VBA for Access. On the form I have Text Box "Cat" and Combo Box "CatCb". CatCb data source has 6 values including "Dr", "Pt" and the last value "Undefined". I have class module as follows Private Sub CatCb_AfterUpdate() If Nz(Cat.Value) = "" Then Cat.Value = CatCb ElseIf Cat.Value <> "Undefined" And CatCb = "Undefined" And MsgBox("Replace all current Categories with 'Undefined'?", vbYesNo, "Categories") = vbYes Then Cat.Value = CatCb Else ...

Changing Multiple Users Details
We are using Exchange 2003 SP2 and I need to change all our users company info and addresses, as we have moved physical locations... Is there a way to change all users information in one simple procedure? Not sure if this is an Exchange thing or a AD thing... Thanks in advance guys... I think ADModify.net might do what you want http://www.gotdotnet.com/Workspaces/Workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 "Chris H" <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76A45444-7337-4C50-B536-34C4F6F9EBA5@microsoft.com... > We are using Exchange 2003...

Worksheet #2
Is there a way to move from one worksheet to another and stay in the same cell? For example, in Worksheet1, you need to input data in cell A5 and A6. Now you need to go to Worksheet2 and enter different information, but still in cell A5 and A6. So no matter where you start in the first Worksheet, can you go to the next worksheet and be in the same cell Thanks for any help. Select all sheets, then select the cell in question, now ungroup the sheets [MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS], and then use CTRL+PGUP or CTRL+PGDOWN to navigate the sheets -- Regards Ken....................... Mic...

Multiple subtables
Hello, Not sure how to approach this: We have an inventory database that has a variety of item types. Workstations and printers have quite a difference of data fields to be recorded. Should we store all items in one table and just not use the fields that do not pertain to those types or should we have a parent table with the shared fields and multiple subtables to store the specific fields to each type? The second sounds like a better idea but couldnt things go wrong later with multiple tables linking to the same parent table? Thanks, Ernst. Do an analysis on w...

Multiple Front End Users
Creating a database for scheduling senior citizen transportation. The database will reside on the network so all three can use. Two or more staff members will need to add, edit, entries to a table throughout the day. Two or more staff members will also need to run a report to show what has been scheduled throughout the day at moment's notice to be sure they are not overscheduling. Can one or more persons work in the same table at the same time? When entries are added or changed will all three staff members see the most current data if the table is open? Can the report b...

Emailing daily agenda to multiple people
After much searching I've not been able to find any ability to automate sending a daily email with my agenda on it to multiple recipients. Previously I've used Google Calendar tool to sync OL2007 with Google Calendar and it sends out a daily agenda, similar to the following: Tue Nov 17, 2009 All day Tue Nov 17 – Fri Nov 20 Marking Exams (Office) 09:00 – 10:00 Call Margaret Carney 18:00 – 21:00 Pacioli Society Meeting but as I am currently trialling OK2010 beta the google sync tool no longer works. But this was a clumsy way of achieving the above result anyway. Any...

In Excel, how can I print a long list on 1 page in multiple colum.
I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? Thanks Check out this David McRitchie link for the columns question: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm "Chuck" wrote: > I have a long (700 rows) list in an Excel worksheeet. I would like to print > the whole list on one page by making the font smaller and by printing it on > multiple columns on the page. How can I set this up? > > Thanks ...

Part protection of Excel 2007 tables
Hi, Although this is not a VBA code/Macro related question, I thought that the people who know the Excel object model so well would be best placed to handle this question. Here it is: Can I part protect an Excel 2007 (ie lock certain columns and leave other unlocked)? eg. I want the data input columns to be unlocked and columns with formulas to be locked. When I did this and then protected the sheet, the table no longer behaved like a table. Was I missing something or is this a limitation of the Tables? Regards, Raj ...

DPM 2007 SP1 does not see sharepoint when creating a protection gr
When creating a protection group in DPM 2007 SP1 I do not see the SharePoint farm listed. I have done the following to the Server 2003 R2 SP2 x86 DPM Server: 1. Installed Hotfix Package KB976542 October 2009 I have done the following to the Server 2003 R2 SP2 x86 WFE that DPM is pointed to: 1. Added the sharepoint Farm Administrator account to the Local Administrators group 2. Entered ConfigureSharePoint -EnableSharePointProtection command and the Windows SharePoint Services farm administrator credentials when prompted 3. Entered ConfigureSharePoint -ResolveAllSQLAliases N...

arquivo excel worksheet
boa noite recebi o arquivo excel worksheet e nao consigo abrir, e quando tento abrir aparece esta mensagem: microsoft excel viewer cannot open files of this type ...

How to open worksheet with preset columns displayed?
I have an Excel 2003 spreadsheet with 8 columns, A-H. I have "frozen" the first two columns, A & B, so that I may scroll back and forth between columns C-H, while columns A& B remain on the screen. For some reason, each time I open the worksheet, columns C-H are all shifted over one column to the left, so that column C is not visible. What I see are these three columns like this: A | B | D But what I want to see are the first three columns like this: A | B | C So each time I open the worksheet I have to manually scroll columns C- H to reveal column C. Even if ...

Run macro based on cell value in worksheet
Does anyone know of a way to do run a macro based on a cell value. EG i cell A1 = 0, dont run macro - otherwise run macro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Does anyone know of a way to do run a macro based on a cell value. EG i cell A1 = 0, dont run macro - otherwise run macro. below macro will run your code is cell a1 is anything but 0. Do you want the macro to run automatically if a different value i inputted into cell a1, or are you happy for the user to run the macr manually? (if automatically, more code is required) sub Macro 1 () if cells(1,1) = 0 then exit sub &...

Creating custom color palettes from worksheet ranges
Can anyone recommend a free utility I can use to populate Excel's color palette from cells in Excel 95 or 2000? I want to create custom palettes but I don't want the effort of changing the palette by hand. I would like to do one of the following A B C D 1 Color Red Grn Blu 2 Red 1 1 1 3 Green 1 1 1 4 Blue 1 1 1 5 Orange 1 1 1 or A B C D 1 Color Hue Sat Lum 2 Red 1 1 1 3 Green 1 1 ...

using the same name reference in multiple worksheets
Hi all, Dumb question, but I can't seem to get it to work... 2 spreadsheets ... In spreadsheet 1 (Year 2001), in formulas within that spreadsheet refer to, say, "Total" as ='Year 2001'!$10:$10. In spreadsheet 2 (Year 2002), in formulas I refer to "Total" ='Yea 2002'!$3:$3. But I can't seem to use the "Insert/Name/Define" function properly s that 2 ranges in separate worksheets refer to the same 'name' (if the were the same line, ie. both line 10, I would be fine). Any ideas, arghhh... -- eric -------------------------------...

Multiple Email Accounts #2
How do you manage multiple email accounts with Outlook? Very easily - what version? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Sister" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:030101c3b46d$716e12e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... | How do you manage multiple email accounts with Outlook? ...

How do I group multiple lines of excel info for easy sorting
I am putting a correspondence review in a big project. There are 7 columns: Date, Form, From, To, Re:, Comments, Pages. Information in some of the columns contain multiple lines. What I want to do is, I want to put the information in and finally sort them according to dates. How do I group all information for a specific correspondence so that when I sort all information will be attached to the date. Thank you. Seems like you have the date in the first column. If not, it should be Then select all cells: A2:G100 assuming your first date entry starts in A2 and is 100 rows down by 7 ...

Spam Protection for MS Exchange Servers
FrontGate Provides Spam Filtering for Microsoft Exchange Servers Microsoft Exchange is a superb messaging platform for businesses of all sizes. But as most Administrators know, MS Exchange has little native spam protection capability. While there are many software solutions that can provide spam protection for MS Exchange, they are expensive, place an additional load on your server, and require daily updates and maintenance. These shortcomings make software solutions impractical for small-to-medium Exchange installations. FrontGate provides a cost effective solution to spam and virus p...