typing text onto two lines (one above the other) in one cell

What is the command and syntax to do the above?

Thank you.

0
Naylor (1)

Will,

Press the Alt-Enter keys at the same time in a sentence to go to a different
line within the same cell.

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Will Naylor" wrote:

> What is the command and syntax to do the above?
>
> Thank you.

Combination chart type
Is there a way to combine Cluster and stacked column Chart types? Showing some data series in the stacked column and other in another tacked column and than both side to side as a clustered column. SB There are several sites that will show you techniques for using clustered and stacked bar charts. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts.htm http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips.htm From a data visualization standpoint, stacked and clustered bar charts are not the best choice. Cleveland's chart interpretation researc...

Store multiple types of information against a Contact record
I am working on a pilot MS-CRM platform, and have just started with the product. My requirement is that I need to store multiple types of information against a Contact record (for example, a contact may be involved in a a number of projects and each project has unique meta data requirements) To achieve this my concept was to create multiple new entities (Projects) which have a parental reference to the Contact entity. The benefit of this is that I can manipulate these child-entities records directly from the Contact entity and a given Contact can be involved in multiple projects. The ...

120= rupees one hundred twenty only
i just want to know the formula which translate digit to text for example if 120 written in any cell and other cell we want result "rupees one hundred twenty only" See one or more of these Excel converting numbers to text http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213360 http://www.codearchive.com/code/0200/0220-currencytextfunction.txt http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP people.stfx.ca/bliengme email address: remove uppercase characters REMEM...

Multiple Sections of a Circle Shape/text box to follow circle patt
Help! 2 part question, and I've been to Help, Google, and MVP blogs for hours and can't find an answer. As a Visio 11 Standard (2003?) user newbie, I'm having trouble resizing and aligning the 'partial' shapes of a circle, when attempting to make a circle with more than 4 sections. (Partial circles work well when you have four distinct sections, as the rotate/flip function is adequate.) My frustration is mounting, as I'm dealing with these sections as part of an 'onion' template of concentric circles, and I've now got sections for each circle all...

Stacked Line Chart
I have a chart that is predominately a stacked bar chart however I want to have 3 sections as a stacked line chart as the represent hours for the whole group. I can sucessfully set it for 2 stacked lines but when I add the 3rd line if it has either a blank or 0 in the cell it picks up the line from the previous stacked line. Is it possible to have 3 stacked lines? Sure it's possible, but I don't know what you mean, "it picks up the line from the previous stacked line". Stacked means each line's value is added to the previous total, so if the value of the third it...

Incrementing named cells
Merry Christmas everyone!!! Was wondering if any of you can help me with this. I have a financial model that currently has numerous named cells in the format of XXX_03 ( the 03 is to denote 2003 ) but I am making 2004 projection and therefore am wondering if there was an easy way to sort of copy and paste the names into a new column and automically renaming cells by an increment of 1 to XXX_04. If anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated! Thank you Justin See one answer 1 minute later -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Justin" <jsim_hba2003@hot...

Using PERCENTILE with *specific* cells in a column
I am trying to use the PERCENTILE function with specific cells in a column. For example, lets say the column is: A 1 5 2 6 3 7 4 8 Using PERCENTILE on say A1:A3 is easy enough, but I want to do say A1 and A4. I can achieve this by defining a named range such that it would be equal to A1 and A4, but would rather not use named ranges, as the above is a very simplistic example of what I want to do -- using named ranges would require a substantial amount of effort to achieve my end goal. I also realize I could re-order the rows such that I swap A4 with A2, therefore could use perc...

How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data with Excel 2007
How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data using Excel 2007 Are your "dates" actual Excel dates or just text? With actual Excel dates, pre-2007 versions have no problem doing simple linear regression. To interpret the results though, you need to remember how Excel dates are stored: An Excel date is the number of days since 1900, so the numeric value of today's date is 39736, and the intercept of the regression will be the value of the relationship extrapolated to 30Dec1899 (since Excel mistakenly considers 1900 to be a leap year) "Gordon Lee" wrote: >...

How do I create an area and line combination chart?
I want tocreate a combination chart, using the chart types area and line, it is not listed as a custom type in Excel - is it possible? Hi, Ignore the built-in combinations and create your own. Start with creating a Line chart with your data. Then select the line series that you want as an area chart. Right click and pick Chart Type to select the required Area chart type. Cheers Andy Nuala wrote: > I want tocreate a combination chart, using the chart types area and line, it > is not listed as a custom type in Excel - is it possible? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://ww...

multiple reminders for one calendar event?
I would like to schedule a reminder about any work appointment, and then have a 2nd reminder for 45 days from the appt. to remind me when a payment check is available. I am using Outlook 2002, but will upgrade to 2003 in the near future. Is this possible in either version?Thanks, David ...

Wrap Text in Merged Cell
Excel 2007 If I merge several (or even 2) cells in a row, I can not get the text to wrap when I hit enter. It works, of course, in a single cell. How can I get the text to wrap in merged cells? I have checked "Wrap text" in the Format Cells dialog box, Thanks, Bob Atkinson Long audible sigh here................. One more victim of "merged cells". Wrap Text works fine on merged cells, but Autofit does not work. You need VBA event code to do that. Here is code from Greg Wilson. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim NewRwHt As Single Dim cW...

get SQL Server text data type into Excel pivot table
Is it possible to get the full text of SQL Server TEXT data types into Excel pivot tables? SQL Server 7 and Excel 2002 SP3 I have a table that has "text" data type column. I have an ODBC connection to the database. I go to Excel's PivotTable Wizard and select the ODBC data source, and then the table and columns, but I only get a max of 253 characters in my pivot table for the text type column (I know it's being truncated). I've found some VB code to get CLOB data from various DB types but I still don't know if it's possible to get that into my pivot ta...

Equation editor and Math Type do not work properly
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I just purchased a new Macbook Pro and installed Office 2008 on it. For reasons that are not clear, equations constructed in both Equation Editor and Math Type are invisible in Word document. When you open them in either equation editor, you can see them and edit them but they disappear in the Word document when you close the editors. My Mac desktop running the same OS and software does not have this problem, nor has any Mac I've owned over the years. The Word preferences are set properly (i.e., the Image Pla...

how do i insert a background on one page only?
HOW DO I INSERT A BACKGROUND COLOR ON ONE PAGE ONLY? What version Publisher are you using? In 2002-03, format, background. The background will be on one page only. If you are using older versions, don't put the background on the "Background Page", insert it on the publication page. Draw a rectangle to fit your page, fill, fill effects...send it to the back. Or, insert, picture, new drawing, expand the canvas to fit your page, draw a rectangle to fit, fill, fill effects, picture tab, browse to the picture you want on the background. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.mi...

Tab into specified cells
I'm looking to set up a worksheet so that when I open it up I can only tab into specific cells. Is there anyway of doing this? Thanks There are a few way. One is to unlock the cells you want to tab into (Format>Cells>Protection), and then lock the sheet (Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet) -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "sho" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:644601c47543$7c069000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I'm looking to set ...

Row/column grid lines
Can someone please tell me how to remove the grid lines from a single row or column Cheers Stuart. Hi Stuart, You need to use a fill color. Format>cells>pattern, pick the color closest to the background color. -- John johnf202 at hotmail dot com "Stuart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CD88DAF-4CDD-4D04-8E9E-A50D9A319672@microsoft.com... > Can someone please tell me how to remove the grid lines from a single row or column. > > Cheers Stuart. Stuart, You can't remove the grid lines from a single row or column. Grid lin...

Find all cells with a number and mulitply
How can I find all cells in a sheet that are a number greater than zero and multiply each one by a number? IE: the number to multiply by is 1.2 A1 Tom A2 25 A3 0 G12 Bob G13 25 I want to programatically (without using a macro) find cells a2 and g13 only and multiply them by 1.2 Thanks in advance for your help. Jim Jim, As long as you don't have any negative numbers, it doesn't matter about being > 0 (0*n=0) or being text. Try this Put 1.2 in a spare cell and then copy it Select all the cells Goto menu Edit>Pastespecial Click the Multiply option OK out Now clear the c...

Help with linking information from one sheet to another
I'm trying to setup an excel workbook like this: First sheet is a master list with peoples names in the first row and and their stats in 5-6 cataogries along with a final point total in the colums to the left of each name. Then I want to use a second sheet so that when I type in the first couple of letters in a persons name it will finish the name for me and automatically copy the players stats and total into the colums on the left. I know it's possible to do since I've seen it before I just have no clue how they did it and was hoping someone hear could help me. Thanks in advan...

Cell comments
I have already created the code using VBA to pull the data from the M Access table. Is there a way to set it up so that when you pass ove the cell it will automatically run my routine -- LA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=965 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26920 Hi not possible AFAIK as there's no event which got triggered by just moving over a comment field -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LAF wrote: > I have alr...

Merging cells #4
I am using an existing worksheet in Excel. Some cells have already been merged. I need to merge 2 more cells and i am unable to accomplish that. The "merge/center button" on the toolbar is not highlighted, so i am unable to merge the needed cells. Any suggestions? Any chance your worksheet is protected? brownk wrote: > > I am using an existing worksheet in Excel. Some cells have already been > merged. I need to merge 2 more cells and i am unable to accomplish that. > The "merge/center button" on the toolbar is not highlighted, so i am unable > to m...

How do I subtract 20% from one column in Excel and place totals i.
I would like to know if someone knows the formula I use to subtract 20% from totals in one column on my spreadsheet to show totals in another column on same spreadsheet. Can anyone help? Spent way to long trying to figure out correct formula. =A30*80% assuming totals in A30 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Full Effect Landscaping" <Full Effect Landscaping@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7ACF893B-54DF-4EE4-A931-3BB5FA365821@microsoft.com... > I would like to know if someone knows the formula I use to subtract 2...

how do I print multiple print areas on one page
I have a wide worksheet that is not very deep i.e. lots of columns but not many rows. I have it in landscape but it is still too wide to go on one page. I would like to be able to print the right hand side of the worksheet underneath the left hand side of the worksheet, on one page, rather than having to print out two pages. Is this possible? This is a common question. The only way to do this is to create what you want printed. In other words, copy all of your data to a blank sheet, then cut/paste to get what you want, then print it. You can do this with a macro and nev...

progress billing for Time and Materials project type
hi all can I use progress billing for Time and Materials project type in Project Accounting? Thanks in advance.. ...

Sometimes can see all text in a cell, sometimes not.
Hello On Sheet1, I can see all text in cells that have lots of text in them, but have cells to the right that are empty. On Sheet 2, I pasted the following formula into cell A1, and copied this into all of the cells on Sheet2: =IF(Sheet1!A1=0,"",Sheet1!A1) Now I can't see all of the text in a cell, even if the cell to the right of it is empty. Is there anything that can be done? I am copying these cells and pasting them into Word as a picture. Thanks! Its because if you type text into a cell it will spill over into empty cells so it can be read. If you then enter in a...

Cell sizing
Hi everyone, I'm recently new to all of this so I hope this isn't a stupid question. Before using Excel, about 7 or 8 years ago, I used Corel Quattro pro. I was able to set the cell heights and widths in mm, cm , inches, points, etc., so that when I printed a section of a sheet it would be a specific dimension. I haven't been able to do this with Excel. Thanks for your help. Only MacXL 2004 allows you to set height and width directly in inches/cm/mm. Both platforms allow you to set row height in points. Column widths can be set in the number of widths of the zero character in...