Two different cells

I have a file with more the 1000 names and addresses. My proble is that the
firat and last names are in 2 differents cells. I i would like to put it in
teh same cell. Is there anyway I csn do that?
Please help too many names to re-type
Carlos
0
Hombreck (3)

Assuming that Column A contains the first name and Column B the last
name...

=A1&" "&B1

OR

=B1&", "&A1

....depending on your preference.

Hope this helps!

In article <520FA0CA-1940-42E5-B84D-22BA15D59638@microsoft.com>,
 "Hombreck" <Hombreck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a file with more the 1000 names and addresses. My proble is that the
> firat and last names are in 2 differents cells. I i would like to put it in
> teh same cell. Is there anyway I csn do that?
> Please help too many names to re-type
> Carlos
0
domenic22 (716)
12/18/2004 9:56:06 PM
If you want FirstName LastName and the first names are in Column A and the
Last Names are in Column B...
Insert a new column to the right of Column B and put this formula in the
first cell:
=A1&" "&B1
Copy it down for all the names.
Then, copy the new list and Edit | Paste Special | Values.
If you want LastName, FirstName, the formula would be:
=B1&", "&A1

tj

"Hombreck" wrote:

> I have a file with more the 1000 names and addresses. My proble is that the
> firat and last names are in 2 differents cells. I i would like to put it in
> teh same cell. Is there anyway I csn do that?
> Please help too many names to re-type
> Carlos
0
tjtjjtjt (488)
12/18/2004 9:59:01 PM
I only have one thing to say and that is THANK YOU VERY MUCH

"tjtjjtjt" wrote:

> If you want FirstName LastName and the first names are in Column A and the
> Last Names are in Column B...
> Insert a new column to the right of Column B and put this formula in the
> first cell:
> =A1&" "&B1
> Copy it down for all the names.
> Then, copy the new list and Edit | Paste Special | Values.
> If you want LastName, FirstName, the formula would be:
> =B1&", "&A1
>
> tj
>

> "Hombreck" wrote:
>
> > I have a file with more the 1000 names and addresses. My proble is that the
> > firat and last names are in 2 differents cells. I i would like to put it in
> > teh same cell. Is there anyway I csn do that?
> > Please help too many names to re-type
> > Carlos
0
Hombreck (3)
12/21/2004 10:23:10 PM

"Domenic" wrote:

> Assuming that Column A contains the first name and Column B the last
> name...
>
> =A1&" "&B1
>
> OR
>
> =B1&", "&A1
>
> ....depending on your preference.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> In article <520FA0CA-1940-42E5-B84D-22BA15D59638@microsoft.com>,
>  "Hombreck" <Hombreck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I have a file with more the 1000 names and addresses. My proble is that the
> > firat and last names are in 2 differents cells. I i would like to put it in
> > teh same cell. Is there anyway I csn do that?
> > Please help too many names to re-type
> > Carlos

0
Hombreck (3)

Excel 2003 extract repeating cells

Combining cells to create a formula
Hi, I have two cells that I want to combine to have a working formula B1 = sum B2 = d3 b3 = =b1&"("&b2&")" D3 = 10 The result in b3 is : sum(d3) How do I get this to result in the actual value in D3. I know I can simply write =D3, but the actual reason for combining the two cells is more complicated than explained here. Thanks Hi I think you are perhaps looking for the Indirect function =INDIRECT("D"&ROW(3:3)) would return the value contained in D3 As you copy down, the formula would alter to 4, 5 etc. represent D4, D5 etc. -- Regards R...

changing the cell information #2
Hi I have files I tried to change the cell information to another cel that have to be the blank for a row that contains director name in cel A and for the movie titles I have to have director names instead of th title names.Please help me, the data in cell B sholuld have to be, A 1 D:B.Jane 2 T:Back to the future 3 T:Aliens 4 T:X-files 5 D:Adam Mathew 6 T:Core 7 T:Titanic B 1 (empty) 2 D:B.Jane 3 D:B.Jane 4 D:B.Jane 5 (empty) 6 D:Adam Mathew 7 D:Adam Mathew thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Every cell is highlighted
This is a new one for me. Afer opening up Excel '98 and go to a cell, every cell is highlighted when I move the mouse. I can not put any information in any cell. The only way to quit Excel is control, alt, delete and then it gives me "can not quit excel". It does though after a while. Wherever I move the mouse, the cells are highlighted. What gives? Thanks f8 key -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "5hulses" <5hulses@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B8F2E7E-8957-4B26-B64B-AEC88B6099BE@microsoft.com... > This is a new...

cell looses name after sorting
Can someone help me with the following problem in Excel 2000: in a table I have attached serveral cells with unique cell names, the values in these cells are used in other sheets. the problem is that when I sort the table, the cell names stay in the original rowposition; they are not sorted! while their values are. So Cell names get different values, and other calculations on my other sheets get messed up! How can I make the cell names relative instead of absolute? thankx in advance, Jim --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "jimfx >" <<jimfx.109zcv@exc...

Custom cell formatting
I need to create a custom format for a series of cells that will begin like this. I can't figure out what the code character is fora volitile potentially alpha character. Can anyone help me?? -Monica, Dallas 000000 000001 000002 .... 000009 00000A 00000B 000010 000011 ...... Monica something like this might work for you but you'll need to put all the leading digits in for the entry with the alpha character Regards Trevor "MDavison" <davison@fr.com> wrote in message news:#SD0tUzTEHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I need to create a custom format for a series ...

Can the column index in a cell address be made variable?
Hi, To refer to a cell with a variable row number, we can just code it as, for example, Dim i As Interger i=234 Range("A" & i).Select To refer to a cell with a variable column index, it seems not that easy because the column index must be explicitly specified in a cell address. So, if I want to go to the j th column on the 2nd row or j columns to the right of cell AA3, is there a quick and easy way to do it? Thank you in advance. David You may be able to use R1C1 terminology, but you'll need to get someone else to help from here. "cyberdude" <honc...

NDR goes to different user
I have an Exchange 2003 serving two domains, both domains have a user nemed "info" the problem I get is that when user info on domain A sends a mail to an unknown user, the ndr is received by info at domain B? any ideias? Thx, Ed ...

Using multiple smtp servers for different locations on Outlook 2000
I have a number of employees that use laptops and need different outgoing smtp servers. Usually one for home and one for the office. Is there a way to have both and choose between the two instead of retyping the server info every morning and night when they take the computer home. Why not have them always use a single SMTP server, presuming it supports authenticated relay? That way, they never have to change anything, if they set up Outlook to authenticate to that SMTP server. Joe W wrote: > I have a number of employees that use laptops and need > different outgoing smtp servers. ...

managing two identities
need some help folks: i set up two identities with outlook express 5 and in general the download from both accounts works fine, but whenever i try to switch from the main identity to my second identity the download would not work and then, when trying to switch again back or quit, the program stops working and i get a message soundling like 'outlook express could not be started because another instance of outlook express is still running' any leads how to get two identities work smoothly? cheers and thanks "Gernot" <h9851633@wu.edu> wrote in message news:5f7001c3b34...

How do I get text to copy from one cell to another ?
Type = in the target cell. MouseClick the cell containing text. Pres Enter key -- Brian ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BrianB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27034 ...

Age difference
Hi, I know that there is something possible with my problem but I can't figure it out. I'm not very good with VBA but I can work it out! I have in cell A1 the date jan012004 in format 01/01/04. In A4 I have the birth date sept092000 in format 14/09/00. I want to have the age. And that A4:xx is still doing this. Is anybody have a suggestion? Tks Hi, If you need it in VBA, i am sorry i cant help if you need a formul use the datedif =DATEDIF(Date1,Date2,Interval) where interval could be "m" ;"y" or "d" month, year or day . Hope that helps. gaftali ...

Colour negative border differently
Does anyone know if there's a way to colour the negative borders in a bar chart differently if they are negative (otther than cycling through each point individually and colouring them). One can use 'invert if negative' with a fill but in a bar chart with a lot of points you only see the border. Kind regards, Mark Hi, Have a look at Jon's example of conditional charts. You can format the columns interior and border. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html Cheers Andy Mark Stephens wrote: > Does anyone know if there's a way to colour the neg...

Highlighted Cell
Hi all If I highlight A1 is there a way to have the cell fill colour yellow, So I can see where I am better, when I move to say A8 etc. A1 go's back to its normal colour and the new cell is yellow. Thanks in advance Dave See if this helps: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/RowLiner.htm -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Dave" <tuco@tuco.karoo.co.uk> wrote in messag...

How do I break URL address over two lines?
I am trying to enter website addresses into footnotes and Word automatically forces the footnote onto a separate line. I need to conform to certain aditing requirements and want the url to start right after the citation and continue on to however many lines are necessary, but not leave a gap because it starts the url on a separate line in the footnote. Help please. In the edit hyperlink dialog, put the URI in both the Address and Text-to- display boxes. That way you can use a space or linebreak to wrap the display text to the next line without affecting the hyperlink ability. Hyp...

Comparing first and last names in two lists

Newbie
Hmmm... This is a challenge to put into words, but here goes. I have to make a simple bar graph showing sales results from our ten clients. All I want for each client is a bar with what we budgeted their sales would be for the year, and...one bar next to that one that actually shows two values - sales year-to-date and then ON TOP of that sales expected by year end. So, for example...if client "Alpha" has a sales budget of $100,000 we'd see a bar showing $100K, and if their sales year-to-date is $80,000 and we expect $30,000 more in sales the bar next to the "budget&...

Formatting Cells in Excel 97

HOW DO I COPY FORMULA WITHOUT CHANGING CELL REFERENCE
My cell c1 contains the formula b1-a1.when i copy this formula to cells d1 and e1 the cells d1 and e1 have the following formula : d1=c1-b1 e1=d1-c1 but i want the following d1 should be b2-a2 and e2 should be b3-a3 how do i do this? One way... In C1 enter & copy across: =INDEX($A:$A,COLUMN()-COLUMN($C$1)+1)-INDEX($B:$B,COLUMN()-COLUMN($C$1)+1) anantth wrote: > My cell c1 contains the formula b1-a1.when i copy this formula to cells d1 > and e1 the cells d1 and e1 have the following formula : > d1=c1-b1 > e1=d1-c1 > > but i want the following > d1 should be b2-...