Two cells divided into next cell

  Hope this makes sense.  I have F column that totals down to F16.  Then I
have a total on D16.  I need both totals to be divided and show up on G16.
Every cell has $ Amts, but the only cells not totaled down the row are E,G
and J.  So G16 is blank.  Is this possible to do and If so how.  I don't even
know the formula to Divide and I need this to automatically happen every time
I Insert the Amts in the cells.  Please help
0
Day (9)

In G16:

=D16/F16

"Day" <Day@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>  Hope this makes sense.  I have F column that totals down to F16.  Then I
> have a total on D16.  I need both totals to be divided and show up on G16.
> Every cell has $ Amts, but the only cells not totaled down the row are E,G
> and J.  So G16 is blank.  Is this possible to do and If so how.  I don't
> even
> know the formula to Divide and I need this to automatically happen every
> time
> I Insert the Amts in the cells.  Please help

0
pclive (112)
10/3/2005 7:01:20 PM
Thank you this did help but I just ran into a problem.  When I started
inputting the formula into each cell to calculate what I wanted I noticed
that on my next month column where It's blank, that only that whole column
automatically calculates what I want.  I need all colums to automatically do
what the above cells are doing. How do I get the next three columns to do
what the above are doing and what the blank one will do when I input a
number.  I inputted fake numbers to see if they will automatically calculate
and that's when I noticed the problem.  If you understand please let me know
if you have any ideas.

  Thanks, Day

"PCLIVE" wrote:

> In G16:
>
> =D16/F16
>

> "Day" <Day@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> >  Hope this makes sense.  I have F column that totals down to F16.  Then I
> > have a total on D16.  I need both totals to be divided and show up on G16.
> > Every cell has $ Amts, but the only cells not totaled down the row are E,G
> > and J.  So G16 is blank.  Is this possible to do and If so how.  I don't
> > even
> > know the formula to Divide and I need this to automatically happen every
> > time
> > I Insert the Amts in the cells.  Please help

0
Day (9)

Max cell height for text
We need to insert text from a Word document into a cell. The text is about 300 words. After we do the insert, we can only see a portion of the text in the cell. We tried stretching the row boundary, but it stopped stretching towards the bottom of the window. Even the print image doesn't show all the text. How can we increase the cell height to see all the text? Normally pasting into the formula bar the row will cause it to fit automatically but you could try Format>Row>Auto fit, ...then the same with column if needed, but one wonders why you would want to do that as it would ...

Can not see all of a pasted paragraph from Word in a cell.
I am making a log book. I paste paragraphs from word into a single cell that has been formated to be justified and top centered vertically. The cell has also been formated with text wrap. I can read some of the paragraph and the bottom half is hidden from me. I have changed the row height and cell height. The only way to read the last part of the cell is to click on it. It will not print the whole paragrahp either. Help Hi A cell can only display 1024 characters. You may extend this with manually entering line breaks with aLT+ENTER. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ka...

Selecting only cells with formulas
Is there a quick way to select only those cells that have a formula i them - I want to lock the cells a worksheet that have formulas - bu selecting them one at time is too time consumin -- mycroft77 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mycroft777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3114 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=51273 Edit>Goto>Special, check Formulas -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "mycroft777" <mycroft777.23a1wm_1140018000.4073@excelforum-nospam.com&g...

Go to > Special > Visible cells only
Columns A, J, K and L are visible. Columns B to I are hidden. When I select a few rows using the shift key, click "visible cells only," click copy icon and paste icon, I only got column A pasted. I am surprised not to see J, K and L because to me they are visible as well. What have I missed? Appreciate explanation. Epinn As soon as I posted, I found my answer. The copied data are copied into **consecutive** rows or columns. I had to unhide the paste area to see all of the copied cells. These two posts should help me remember in the future. Thanks for your attention. Wer...

Drag Formula cell to decrement the cells
I have a 20 different values starting from A1 till T1 I need to do automatically (by dragging a formula cell) that U1=T1 V1=S1, W1=R1 ........... AN=A1 (mirror of A1 till T1) Can someon -- Asher Zu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Asher Zur's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1610 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27554 In U1 put =A1 and then just copy across to AN1. Select U1:AN1 and do Edit / replace / replace = with %%. Select U1:AN1 and do Edit / Sort, hit options and ...

Excel: Combine contents from identical cells on multiple sheets.
How do you combine contents from indentical cells on multiple sheets into one cell on a different sheet? I am working on a work schedule for partime workers who will each have a sheet assigned to them to enter their name in a cell next to the days they can work. I want their names to then appear in a master calendar in list form under the date they can work for that month. In the master sheet, try a formula like: ='Sheet One'!A1 & " " & Sheet2!A1 & " " & 'Last Sheet'!A1 I've shown [Sheet One] and [Last Sheet] as being betw...

"1235" appears as "One thousand two hundred thirty five"
please i want to know how i convert number to text in excel datasheet or access for example : 1235.75 one thousand two hundred thirty five and 75/100 thank you for your help See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "H. Kan" <H. Kan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB4DE7F0-7D17-4138-BCF8-20192FF17AA8@microsoft.com... > please i want to know how i convert number to text in excel datasheet or access > > for example : > 1235.75 > one thousand two hundred thir...

tell me if there is a way to angle the cells horizentally
can you tell me if there is a way to angle the cells in the same way you angle text. I could not find any thing but I saw a sheet where top cells were angled on 70. Can you help me please Khan Format>Cells>Alignment and just move the Orientation dial around. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Khan" <Khan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3C5557B-8722-469B-82D2-0B116940A4BA@microsoft.com... > can you tell me if there is a way to angle the cells in the same way you > angle text. I could not find any thing but I saw a sheet where top cells were > angled on...

Match won't match until I click into a cell then hit enter
I have this which is fine =T(SUBSTITUTE('I:\Everyone\WPSHARE\WIA Stuff\Caseload Info\[Caseloads Master 3-12-04.XLS]A'!C2," ","") Have a macro to special paste the 9 digit value "123456789" into another cell which is fine Have a match formula =MATCH($E2,Exited!$G$6:$G$500,0 The problem I am having is that the match formula is not matching until I actually click into cell E2 and hit enter. Then it matches perfect. unless there is a way to match formula values and not have to do a special paste. All I know is that it should work and it doesn't. any help...

Arrays, Dates & Blank Cells
Folks, I'm struggling to resolve this Execl formula. I've got a workbook with 2 sheets: Summary and Source Data. The workbook is used a template so that data exported from another system can be copied and pasted into the Source Data sheet and the Summary sheet will programmatically parse the data to provide the results that I am looking for. The Source Data sheet has a number of named ranges. My problem relates to the range named DATE (D2:D10000). This range contains dates formatted as "=DATE(2008,1,1)" for Jan 1, 2008 as an example. In virtually every case, there w...

Counting Highlighted Cells- Fastest way?
Currently I am working on web reports in which I have highlighted cells in several different worksheets. I then have a summary page which counts the Sum of Column J, COUNTA(J2:J1000) which counts the number of data entries in the range, and then i have to manually filter column J by highlighted color(yellow). Not all rows have a highlighted column and so I currently just Filter by Cell Color and is the Count function at the bottom of the screen; however this is time consuming and I am trying to automate this report as much as I can, but I am stuck on this. I am using Excel 2007 and have so...

number in cell changes
When I enter the Number 1 in a cell it changes to an 8. All other numbers are ok. Just started having this problem. Is this a hardware or software problem or do I have a setting wrong. I re-installed office and it didn't help. Doesn't occur in any other application. Most likely you have autocorrect (it might be a prank) tools>autocorrect options set to do the change open autocorrect, type 1 in the replace box and if it is there it will come up, then select delete Another option (not likely) would be an event macro -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "w...

Highlight cell colour
In Excel 2007, when selecting different cells they are highlighted a light gray. How do I change that to a darker colour so that the selected cells are easier to see? Some people have seen an improvement by changing contrast in their monitor settings. If you want a permanent fix for the selected cells coloring in Excel 2007 here is a Registry hack. Start>Run regededit.exe Drill down to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Excel\Options Right-click on Options6 and Modify>Decimal........change the 32 to 16 When you select multiple cells all but the ...

Need a accumulator driven from second cell
I am new to VBA, just got book yesterday. Found some code for entering on a column works get all by itself, but does not help with problem. Also found code for a single cell accumulator, also work real well all by itself. Need to marry these two codes, so that I input on column C and get an accumulative total on column F. Here are the codes: Sub ChkColC() If ActiveCell.Column = 3 Then If Not IsEmpty(ActiveCell) And ActiveCell <> "" Then MsgBox "Has Data" Else MsgBox "No Data" End If End If End Sub ...

Wildcard Usage: I absolutely need this to count?/sum? two or more criteri
_*Number*_ _*Status*_ _*Date*_ N01-02 Draft 4-May-05 N01-02 Draft 4-May-05 N01-92 In Process 15-Oct-05 N01-88 Draft 15-May-05 N01-29 In Process 9-Jul-05 N01-32 In Process 9-Jul-05 N02-22 Draft 24-Aug-05 N02-27 Draft 24-Aug-05 N20-12 Assigned 3-Dec-05 N24-19 Draft 24-Aug-05 N33-13 Doc Written 4-May-07 N44-04 Cancelled 15-Oct-05 My header are Number, Status, and Date (columns A,B and C). The dcuments represent my rows (A2-A13). Since I ...

"Date Last Saved" cell value
I need a "Date Last Saved" cell in my Excel 2003 workbook, one that updates when I save the file but doesn't update when I merely open it. I'm sure I remember such a function in an earlier version, but can't find one in my current version. Does it exist somewhere, or if not does anyone know a workaround? Thanks ==> Dick Hi Dick, see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/highlite.htm#beforesave A google web search would also work. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...

addition of new data to value already in a cell
A friend would like to be able to go to a cell that contains the value 3, type in 4, and have the value 7 appear in the cell. Any thoughts? In case it isn't obvious, I am not an Excel guru. Thanks. Click in the cell with the value 3. You will see the 3 appear in the address bar at the top, type the add sign and then 4. Press Enter and it should come up with 7. Pauline "Lee Frette" <frette@rochester.com> wrote in message news:aNq7b.16332$3t2.7807@twister.nyroc.rr.com... > A friend would like to be able to go to a cell that contains the value 3, > type in 4, an...

Excel to Excel, Cut & Paste, 1 cell, text, multiplies file size f.
Hello I have two Excel files, the main file is ~1MB and the other is 43KB. When I Cut and Paste between the two the system takes >2 minutes to complete the C&P operation. After several C&P the delay is in the 10+ min range. If I save and exit the file the master is now over 10MB. Each operation is no more then 1 or 2 cells at a time, the cells are text only. If I cut from the cell but enter on the formula bar, 1 cell at a time, I have no problem. I do this operation all the time and have never had this problem before. I am assuming it is from the smaller Excel file but cannot...

working hours between two dates
Hello all, Done a search but cannot find an answer. Tryiong to calculate the working hours between these two dates: 1/13/2010 8:00 AM 1/14/2010 3:00 PM where working hours are 8am to 5pm I know the answer should be 16, I can't think of a way of calculating it over 24,000 entries! Don't worry about lunch, we never get that hungry here in the salt mines, and we don't pay overtime :-) thanks in anticipation Pete On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 18:47:52 -0800 (PST), DubboPete <osnabruc@tpg.com.au> wrote: Sure you can. It's the sum of three numbers: the number...

How to pick every third cell?
Hi, I have a spreadsheet with a column in which I keep dates. The date appers in every third cell of this column and the other two cells are blank. I have the another sheet in this workbook in which I want those dates to appear in the column in consecutive order. I'm using cell reference comand right now but have to do it manually every time I have a new entries. So in the other sheet there is a column with cells having references to every third cell in the first sheet. I trided to high-lite the multiple bunches of cells and drag-copy it down - but it's not working. Any ideas??? Tha...

delete cell if part of cell contains
For a worksheet I would like to check the cells if they contain the word "text". Within a cell this word is always combined e.g.: text 06735 When the cell contains "text" I would like to clean the whole cell, so text including e.g: 06735. Result: a blank cell. Please, can somebody help me out? For Each cell In Activesheet.Usedrange If cell.Value Like "Text*" then cell.ClearContents EndIf Next cell -- __________________________________ HTH Bob "ppeer" <trafo0234@gmail.com> wrote in message news:0cd22aae-b6fb-4b95-bee7-abe58b07d3cf@p25g2...

Possibility to quick modify protected cells in shared documents
I am sharing a workbook with my staff. I am looking for a possibility to change a cell content from specific cell while the other users cannot. (I know you can lock the cells and un-protect, but that's only possible if I disable sharing) The best would be if a password request pop-up appears after I focus on the cell. What is the VBcode if I need it? Bart 2003 Your code won't be able to unprotect a worksheet either--the same rules for sharing applies to it. But you can use: Tools|Protection|Allow users to edit ranges and give that range a password that only you know. You'll ha...

combining cells #3
Hi all I need macro which clears the cell not delete if i have only number i column A but if the cell has text and number it shudnt clear that cell thanks i have more than 30000 rows in column -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com How about: Code ------------------- Sub ClearNumsFromA() Dim i As Long For i = 1 to Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row If IsNumeric(Range("A" & i).Value) Then Range("A" & i).ClearContents Next End Su ------------------- -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Without a loop you ca...

using two Y-values for one X-value on same chart
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how plot multiple depent variables for a single independent variable. Is this possible without creating multiple series in a chart?? I also need to add a trendline through the data when I'm finished plotting it. Any help? -- nate You'll need another series for each dependent variable. "naterbater10101" wrote: > Hi, > I'm trying to figure out how plot multiple depent variables for a single > independent variable. Is this possible without creating multiple series in a > chart?? I also need to add a trendline through the...

cell header for each page print out
Hi - I want to be able to have a row of cells to be a header row for each page - I want this row of cells to align with the column.. I looked at the Header feature but it did not allign with the cells... How do I get a row header (aligned with the cell columns) to print out for each page? Thanks brent Brent File>Page Setup>Sheet>Rows to Repeat at Top Enter 1:1 or just point to row 1. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 11:31:27 -0800, "Brent" <sagemaster@mvdsl.com> wrote: >Hi - I want to be able to have a row of cells to be a header row f...