Truncated Merged Cells

Actually, I have truly MERGED cells that contain LINKS to
other workbooks. The merged cells were created exactly as
you described and the data within them (text) comes from
several other workbooks, with the appropriate references.

We created them in 95 and later converted them to 97. We
can use them in Excel XP but they lose the data that would
be displayed on 2002 and 2003. Have not tried 2000 yet.

Thanks for the help. We are very concerned about this
problem. Our workbooks are complex with many links.

Elsa
0
elsa1151 (5)

I only have the ideas that I already posted.

And you can find posts in google (a few hours behind, though):

http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*Excel*&num=100

Ron de Bruin has an excel addin that you may like:
http://www.rondebruin.nl/Google.htm

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Format Cells to Capital Letters
Can you format a cell so that regardless of how you type the letters into the cell it will format it to capitals? John Cannot do this via formatting. You can enforce CAPS by using Data Validation, but this would just make the user have to re-key. Either make sure Caps Lock is on or use event code in the worksheet. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Not Target.Cells = Range("A1") Then Exit Sub 'for a column use this next line ' If Target.Column <> 1 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo ErrHandler Application.EnableEvents = False ...

Merge 2 tables with conditions
Hi! I have 2 tables: Table Users: ID Name Password Birth Table Status: ID Status Both tables are related by "ID" field, but both tables have not the same number of elements I want to obtain a new table with this structure: Table Result: ID Name Password Birth Status As I said before both tables have not the same number of elements (rows) so in my result table, "Status" field should be empty for those "ID"'s not found in "Status" table. Example: Users: 1 2 3 ...

Default Cell format of existing Worksheets got changed automatical
I am using MS Excel 2007. Most of my excel files saved with default cell format as General while creation; currently for the last two days when i open those files the cell content format is showing as currency format. Pls let me how to fix the same If you reference a cell that has a format (other then General), the reference cell will adopt the same format. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "NGBalaji" <NGBalaji@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:297839C7-D769-4623-94F1-2A77FD179E34@microsoft.com... >I am using MS Excel 2007. Most o...

How can I merge and purge two excel work sheets?

Wrap Text for Merged Cells
Hi, Can somebody post some good VBA macro for wrapping text in case of merged cells (merged rows as well as merged colums or both merged rows and columns). Lot has been posted in this regard till now but i could'nt find any perfect solution to this. Please help. Mvrk If you've seen lots of code that has been posted, yet you don't say what makes that code "not perfect", how do you expect anyone to respond to your post? Should responders just guess what "perfect" means to you? Try posting back with more information - what you've tried, why it didn...

Using Popups to select a range of cells.
Hi All I have a small request for help with code. I need a macro to have popups request the first and last cells in a range , and then to select them. Can someone help? Sub test() Dim Rng As Range On Error Resume Next Set Rng = Application.InputBox("Select your range", _ "Mousework", Type:=8) On Error GoTo 0 If Rng Is Nothing Then Exit Sub MsgBox Rng.Address End Sub HTH. Best wishes Harald "Colin Hayes" <Colin@chayes.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:8mYkILA1YlvLFw7Z@chayes.demon.co.uk... > > Hi All > >...

Cell Number Format includeing other Cell Value
Hello, I needed to create some conditional number format - to say so... My goal: Cell A1 content is "m2" as I Enter in cell A2: "10" -> the output to cell A2 should be "10 m2". Cell A1: "Dollars" -> A2: 200 -> shown "200 Dollars"... and so on.... Is that possible in Excel? (don't know VBA - yet :DD) Any help is appreciated! BR, Daniel How about just use a third cell: =a2 & " " & a1 daniel_of_vienna wrote: > > Hello, > > I needed to create some conditional number format - to say so... > M...

combine cells #3
Hello, say you have Mindy in A1, Thomas in B1, how can you combine those in C1 with a space between the names? Mindy, here is one way, =A1& " " & B1 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Mindy" <Mindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:366327F8-7573-42A3-BF1A-9AEBE0275839@microsoft.com... > Hello, say you have Mindy in A1, Thomas in B1, how can you combine those > i...

Auto fill keeps adding 1 digit or 1 cell
When I try to drag a formula or value down or across the spreadsheet in Excel 2002 (Win XP Professional)it automatically adds 1 didgit to the value or references the cell next door to calculate the formula. How can I make the drag and autofill more accurate? Hi Try draggin with the right mouse button. When you get to the end of your range you get a list of fill options. -- Andy. "Ricardo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b0bc01c46826$09b920f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to drag a formula or value down or across the > spreadsheet...

sum the color cells
hi all. i have data with different color. i one column i have 3 color, blue, yellow and red. now i want to count & sum based on the colors. how to create formula for that? many thanks... reza hi, you have xl07 or higher, you are suppose to have this capability already. see help. i am having research trouble confirming that. if you have xl03 or earlier, see this site.... http://cpearson.com/excel/colors.aspx regards FSt1 "reza" wrote: > hi all. > > i have data with different color. > i one column i have 3 color, blue, yellow and red. ...

Merged Cells #5
Is there some way to find which cells are merged without having to look at each cell? Sometimes I want to move or delete cells and it says" cannot move part of merged cell" or something like that, but it does not show me which cell is merged. Hi Terry, I am not aware of any inbuilt method for displaying merged cells. One possibility would be to use a macro like the following which will select (and therefore temporarily highlight) merged cells. As written, the macro will select all merged cells in the selected range. If the selection comprises a single cell, all merged cell...

Possible to 'copy' cell data into another cell?
If for example A1 contains: hello B1 contains: you Is there a equation/command to put in cell C1 to get it to copy info from other cells i.e. so C1 shows: hello you ???????? =a1 & " " & b1 If you decide you want money or dates, you can use something like: =a1&" "&b1&text(c1,"mm/dd/yyyy") Dave wrote: > > If for example > > A1 contains: hello > B1 contains: you > > Is there a equation/command to put in cell C1 to get it to copy info > from other cells i.e. so C1 shows: hello you > > ??????...

how to make gaps in plotted data when cell has formula
I have a simple data set with a value for each month except June. I want the chart to reflect a gap for June, not a zero value. Although I did tools, options, chart, make empty cells plot as gaps, it still plots the June value as a zero. In an attempt to get rid of div/o error, I have a formula in the data set as If (b5=0, "", c5/b5) . What I'm plotting is the quotient c/b. We have determined that the formula is what is causing the problem. Interestingly, if I open this same worksheet (as is) in quattro pro, the gap appears in the chart. Is there a different way to do th...

Re: how get rid of cells with unused formulas
Actually a much older solution is better for suppressing zero values selectively -- format with a custom format so that the third parameter is empty which is a zero value. This allows you to be selective. Format, cells, number #,###.00;-#,###.00;;@ the fomat of custom formatting is positive numbers; negative numbers; zero; text you can override positive, negative but those are the defaults. see the topic "Create a custom number format" in your Excel Help. related: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [s...

message comes up when click a cell
I have been trying to work out how to get a message to come up when you click on a cell. I have attached an example of what I am trying to do, which was in another spreadsheet which I had, but I didn't make it. I noticed the feature and wondered how to do it? Thank you for your help :p File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=300547 (example.jpg) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ use DATA/VALIDATION menu. i think "Input...

Excel Cell
Hi, Im trying to read an Excel file using OLE DB. I have around 500 characters in one cell. But the program is reading only 255 characters. How do i make my program to read all characters? Thanks in advance. dnk. hi, DNKMCA ! > Im trying to read an Excel file using OLE DB. > I have around 500 characters in one cell. But the program is reading only 255 characters. > How do i make my program to read all characters? see if this help: -> PRB: Transfer of Data from Jet 4.0LEDB Source Fails with Buffer Overflow Error http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q281...

Format a whole row based on value of one cell
I want to use conditional formatting to colour a whole row of cell based on the value in column C. I understand how conditional formatting works on the single cell yo select, but I don't know how to change the format for multiple cell based on the value of a single cell. Any suggestions? g -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following as an example: - select row 1 - goto 'format - Conditional Format' - choose 'formula' and enter the following formula =$C1=your_value - choose a format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I want to u...

Incert a photo into a cell based on info in another cell
Hey, I need to insert a photo into a cell (a cell that has been merged btw) based on the information in a cell (i.e. A1). This cell (A1) uses list validation and allows one to choose from a list of names. What I want to do is put a photo into a cell (say B1) from a folder (say C:\Photos\) based on the name that is selected in A1. Make sense? azidrane, have a look here and see if this will do what you want http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Fee...

Inserting pictures into cells
We are trying to insert pictures into cells that can be deleted when you delete the row. Insert a picture as normal Right click and go into format picture choose properties, and check move and size with cells then when you move, resize or delete cell/row the pciture will b delete -- Lynxbci ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Lynxbci3's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1037 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31489 This will not delete the picture Use F5 objects after you do ...

condition of 2 cells = result of 3rd cell
Hello, I'll try to ask my question with an example: Between [ ] = cell numbers SHEET 1 [A1] item1 [B1] 150 [A2] item2 [B2] 290 [A3] item3 [B3] 80 [A4] item4 [B4] 159 And so on .... in fact the A column are products and the B column are the respective prices. SHEET 2 Here I have made drop down lists, those are working perfectly. This has been done via "Data/Validation/Allow (list)" In the drop down list I see all the items of the sheet 1 A column (item1, item2, item3 etc. ...) Finally what I want is, when I select an item in a drop down list that its correspo...

Macro to merge cells of the same colour/pattern index
Hi guys, I am hoping that some one here can help me, First off i have a very, very basic knowledge of excel and vba so please bear with me and i will try to describe what it is i am trying to do as best as possible. I have a worksheet that has a list of equipment down the left hand side and week numbers going across the top 1 to 52. The spreadsheet is essentially a plan of what equipment is being used by certain processes, represented by coloured or patterned formatted cells in the weeks they will be in use. Kind of like a gantt chart. Currently i have a spreadsheet were i...

ActiveX Command Button
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I have been placing several ActiveX Command Buttons on a worksheet. I was wondering if there is a setting that would force the boundaries of my Command Buttons to "snap" to cell boundaries on the underlying worksheet. Thanks in advance, Paul Kraemer -- Paul Kraemer Manually? If yes, hold down the alt-key when you're positioning the commandbutton (or any shape). It'll snap-to the edge of a cell. Get close to the corner and it'll snap-to both edges. Paul Kraemer wrote: > > Hi, > > I am using Excel ...

Full cell not printing
I have a cell with 1370 characters. It shows all the text in the formula bar, but when I print preview or print, only the first 1060 (I think) characters are shown. Is this a known limitation, and is there any way around it? Thanks in advance Daniel Hi Daniel, The Excel help somewhere states a maximum of 32,767 characters per cell but only 1,024 'visible'. Solution perhaps: split your story over multiple cells by using Left, Mid and Right functions. Frans "Daniel Bonallack" <DanielBonallack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D3002EB3-1F91-4EA2-B...

Adding spaces between numbers in a cell that contains a full address
Hello, Sample data: 3-764 Neighbourhood Cir 39 Frostbite Lane 3938 Stardust Drive 4 Jones Lane I have a spreadsheet that contains addresses in a column such as the ones above. What I need to do is separate the numbers in the addresses in one of two ways. Either would be ok. The first is (and better for me) would be so that the number portion of the address would have spaces between every number, and then the rest of the addresses in the same cell. For example, "3-764 Neighbourhood Cir", would become "3 - 7 6 4 Neighbourhood Cir". The second would be to split the num...

Change Text Case to Upper in a cell range A2:A92
I have a workbook of Contacts. In column A there are Names. I wish to convert those to UPPER case. I've seen a few VB codes that change the case to UPPER if I change something in the cell, GREAT if I want to go through the entire Column and change something. But is there another way? "Barry" wrote: > I have a workbook of Contacts. In column A there are Names. I wish to > convert those to UPPER case. I've seen a few VB codes that change the case > to UPPER if I change something in the cell, GREAT if I want to go through > the entire Column and change s...