True to TRUE

I'm entering data for a database at work and when I type in the last name
"True" Excel is changing it to "TRUE."  I try to just undo it and it won't.
How do I make it so it's just True????

TRUE is a special value in Excel. To enter True, precede the text
with an apostrophe.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Nikki@CustomMortgageSolutions"
<Nikki@CustomMortgageSolutions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message
> I'm entering data for a database at work and when I type in the
> last name
> "True" Excel is changing it to "TRUE."  I try to just undo it
> and it won't.
> How do I make it so it's just True????

0
chip1 (1821)
6/14/2005 3:58:21 PM
or set the Cell you're typing in (or row or column) format to text

Excel is seeing true as a boolean value.

Chip's solution is equally correct.

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

> TRUE is a special value in Excel. To enter True, precede the text
> with an apostrophe.
>

> --
> Cordially,
> Chip Pearson
> Microsoft MVP - Excel
> Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
> www.cpearson.com
>

> "Nikki@CustomMortgageSolutions"
> <Nikki@CustomMortgageSolutions@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> in message
> > I'm entering data for a database at work and when I type in the
> > last name
> > "True" Excel is changing it to "TRUE."  I try to just undo it
> > and it won't.
> > How do I make it so it's just True????

0
TomHinkle (87)
6/14/2005 4:35:01 PM

"Nikki@CustomMortgageSolutions" wrote:

> I'm entering data for a database at work and when I type in the last name
> "True" Excel is changing it to "TRUE."  I try to just undo it and it won't.
> How do I make it so it's just True????
0
TomHinkle (87)

vlookup with result TRUE not updating cell
I'm using vlookup to populate sheet 2 from sheet1. This is working for part of the spreadsheet, stops for 8 rows then continues working. According to the Function Arguments the lookup result is true, but no update takes place. Is it possible to see the cell value it thinks it's returning? The data in ascending order as required. It might help if you posted your formula(s) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "MEB310" <MEB310@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9036073-4B11-47B6-963F-A21343D2929D...

How do I count something that has two fields that must be true
I am working to count items in a spreed sheet that has several fields on it. I want to count how many items have an item number of "4016" and a price of "100". Both fields must equal true for it to count them. Thank you, Charles =SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B100=4016),--(C2:C100=100)) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC3C74A7-BAB7-4F98-853B-F495C12B33F8@microsoft.com... > I am working to count items in a spreed sheet that has several fields on it. >...

True false function for alpha data
Row # Column1 Column2 Outcome 1 80E 80E TRUE 2 999 80E FLASE 3 80E 80E TRUE 4 CB1 80E FALSE 5 80E 80E TRUE 6 999 80E FALSE 7 999 C76 FALSE I'm trying to write a formula that gives me a true/false outcome for the above data and the results would be where the outcome is located (completed manualy) Enter into C1: =A1=B1 and copy down. Regards, Bernd In C1 enter: =(A1=B1) and copy down -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200908 "R Y" wrote: > Row # Column1 Column2 Outcome > 1 80E 80E TRUE > 2 999 80E FLASE > 3 80E 80E TRUE > ...

Not scam it's true ! Right way
Belief me, not scam. Just click and registration here and tell friends. it is the BEST legit program I have found on the web. I get paid every month $1950 USD. It's true take examine. Click here > http://www.neobux.com/?r=RhRomeo It's 100 % Free How to know scam site : - here are lots of scam growing day by day we can't find news about that site just searching in internet or googling. Although trying to search in internet about weather it is scam or not is first step. The other way to find weather it is scam or not is by discussing in forums but this indirectly promote that...

Countif( 2 criteria = true ?)
Hi can you please help me... I am trying count the number of items based on 2 criteria can you please help me..? Basically I have a sheet and in col A I have Code and col B I have name. eg: Col A - Col B 1001 - Mike 1001 - Dave 1001 - Keith 1002 - Terry 1001 - Mike What I am trynig to do is count how many say ("Mike" col B) with code of say ("1001" col A). so the answer according to the above will be "2". I know I can use the dsum function to do this but the problem is I am trying to get a formula in 1 cell to do the job as opposed to 2 rows + 3 columns.. he...

Visible = True
Help please A2002 I am trying to make a label visible based on whether or not a field is populated. The table is called products and the field is called notes. Each product in the table has unique id and not all the note fields are populated I can only get the label to be visible for every product The Fields are ProductId ProductName Status Weight DateAdded Notes On the product form the notes may indicate for example packaging information - the indicator label is show that there are notes to access if needed Many thanks in advance for any help Paul Questions: -- Are you trying t...

Have a formula yield a true blank that disconnects graph line
I use a formula to calculate values or use set criteria to yield blanks. Then I graph the data and want the line graph to end where a blank occurs rather than connect the line to zero where the blank occurs. Actually all blanks are plotted as zeros, but I could enter -1 instead of blank and make the scale minimum zero to eliminate this problem if the line did not connect from the last data point to the -1 or zero. This problem is not cured by copy>paste special>values even though the blanks then no longer contain formula but look indistinguishable from real blanks. But they d...

How do you get a TRUE refresh of a Pivot table
Oh Pivot tables are so good and boy, do they save on calc time and size of file! BUT.........I notice that if some of the data it relies on is changed, by some magic, it still remembers the old data and, that old data will also be shown in the table unless you physically delete those references using the drop downs. I have found that sometimes you can clear the old references by re-running the wizard backwards as it seems to refresh those references. But that doesn't work in all situations. Is there a way to remove old references automatically AND how is it possible that they still exist?...

Reverse True/False
Do I have to just live with it? A table has a field named "Inactive". That's counter-intuitive is this case. I would like to change the field name to "Active" and update the data accordingly. That is, make True become False and vice-versa. All my query attempts end in frustration. It is a Y/N field...I don't need nulls. Is there a simple technique? Can someone advise the simple way OR tell me to just get over it? -- Thanks for your help, Chrissy Chris You can do an update query that turns the current value of the field into the Not([ThatField]), reversi...

if, or, true, false?
I want to create a delinquency report using info from multiple worksheets. I have an account column and next to that I want to create a deliquent column. In the individual worksheets there is a date column. I want excel to look at the cells in that column and return a deliquent message if no date is present. Do you mean =IF(COUNTA(Sheet2!A:A)=0,"delinquent","no") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "bdq17" <bdq17@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B3AA700-0A0E-41CE-8FB0-2CBAE6C90265@microsoft.com... &...

Me.FilterOn = True
Hi I have a form that displays a load of records on asecending account number sequence. I added a filter to enable the user to selectively only process one group at a time. However, the sort order is lost. I use these commands to set the filter on: Me.Filter = "((Lookup_Combo26.TXT_Main_Abriv = '" & Combo38 & "'))" Me.FilterOn = True And the record source of the form: SELECT Temp_Demoters.*, Temp_Demoters.AcNo FROM Temp_Demoters WHERE (((Temp_Demoters.Done)=No)) ORDER BY Temp_Demoters.AcNo; Is ther any way I can preserve the sort order? Stapes Try a...

CreateBackup = True?
I've set CreateBackup = True on a file. However, when my clients are using the file they sometimes get a message about 'cannot create backup file - do you want to save the file with out backup?'. It seems like a minor issue to me, but the clients don't like the extra click to close the message. When I try to duplicate this with my file to my 'My Documents' folder, Excel creates the backup each and every time, as indicated by the time stamp on the file. When I check the file in the 'live' folder, there is a backup from today, but I get the same mess...

True, False, or Both criteria
I have been trying to set the criteria for a Yes/No field so that the user can choose to see True, False, or both. The "both" part has me stumped. I have tried variants of: IIf([Yes or No or Both] = "Yes",True, _ IIf([Yes or No or Both] = "No",False, _ True or False)) Of course, the True or False does not work, since it seems to evaluate to True. However, True or False as the only criteria gives me all of the records. In practice, for a report I would probably use an unbound form to select the criteria, then build the record source at run time w...

-1 True Value
How do you change a -1 true value to a positive 1 so it shows up as just 1 on the corresponding table? -- Thanks! "Cynthia" <Cynthia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F07F592-232F-4408-A2F0-7E62CA5CC0A0@microsoft.com... > How do you change a -1 true value to a positive 1 so it shows up as just 1 > on > the corresponding table? You'd need to use an integer or other numeric field in the table design, rather than a Yes/No field, and you'd need either use some other control than a check box on the form, or else use code in the form's B...

Last name True won't format
I have a spreadsheet with a person whose last name is True. This name will not format. Is there a way to make this name format like the rest of the names? Thanks Becky EXCEL 2007 Try this: 'True If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Becky" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with a person whose last name is True. This name will > not format. Is there a way to make this name format like the rest of the > names? > > Thanks > Becky Thank you that worked. Becky "trip_to_tokyo" wrote: > EXCEL 2...

tell me it isn't true (Catalog Merge Decimal)
Hello, I'm working on a catalog merge from an Oracle database. All works well except that the 'salesprice' field's having approx. 15 decimals??? Like for instance: 7.2200000000000000 139.0800000000000000 I browsed the web to look for a solution but the only thing I could find is people talking about csv files and thats definetely out of the question, I just want to Query the Oracle database without all the hassle. So is there something I can do about this (maybe with VBA)? Thanks in advance, Mike It only reads what is in your database - with no filters. Fix your databas...

Printing a blank cell if sumproduct formula not true
If I have a formula such as =sumproduct((A1:A5=B2)* (C1:C5=D2))how can I get the cell that the formula is in to print blank if the formula is not true? Thanks for any help. > ...if the formula is not true? I might be wrong, but it looks to me that you are doing a "Count" of how many matches there are in Parallel. In Excel, True * True = 1. Would it be correct to say if the "Count" is zero, then hide the results? Perhaps a custom format that hides zero values. Say "General;General;", or something similar. The last ";" will hide zero values. --...

Changing A Column Of Text numbers To True Numbers: How ?
Hello, Using Excel 2007 Have a column of numbers that I entered as Text. Wish to change the entire column, now, to "Numbers," so that I can apply a formula (SUM) to them. Apparently, it won't let me, even though I select the column and go to "Format Cells" and select Numbers. Still comes up as a Text column. How to I change them to real "numbers", please ? Thanks, Bob Robert11 wrote: > Hello, > > Using Excel 2007 > > Have a column of numbers that I entered as Text. > > Wish to change the entire column, now, to "Numbers...

function true false to macro ??
I have a function that tells if a table exists. I know that I can put an error message in the function that will respond if the table is found or not. But is there a way to pass the true false to a condition in a macro in the macro builder to give a message. Eg if it is found msgbox "found" if not msbox "not found" Basically can you have code pass something to a condition in a macro. thanks. Functions are intended to return values. The function should be defined as: Function TableExists(NameOfTable As String) As Boolean and then TableExists should be defined as Tru...

Coverting TRUE to 1
I have a table containing TRUE and FALSE values. Essentially I want to count the number of TRUEs, ultimately in a pivot table. Should I convert TRUE to 1 first, (=IF(A1=TRUE,1,0)(??) or is there a way to get a pivot table to cout the number of TRUEs in a category without having to convert first? More elegant solutions will also be considered! Jeff Hi Jeff Whatever your formula is that returns TRUE or FALSE, wrap it inside parentheses with a double unary minus in front. This will coerce the True and False to 1's and 0.'s directly =--( your_Formula) -- Regards Roger Gov...

PeekMessage returns TRUE, but removes message.
My app has a second thread that contains a child window of a window in the primary thread. The second (CWinThread-derived) thread has its own message loop, but routes messages using the MFC mechanism; basically ripped from Thrdcore.cpp. For some reason the PeekMessage call is returning TRUE, but is removing the message from the queue. This means that PumpMessage locks out (in GetMessage) until another message arrives. The message always appears to be a WM_PAINT (and the update region is not always empty, either). The problem occurs when I drag another window over the child, causing ...

"TRUE" "TRUE" formula needed
Hello, I have Excel 97. I have this in my worksheet: new column A B C D E 1 50 25 TRUE 5 TRUE 2 20 30 FALSE 30 FALSE 3 80 60 TRUE -20 TRUE 4 10 40 FALSE -15 TRUE 5 35 25 TRUE 5 TRUE 6 40 30 TRUE -15 FALSE 7 10 15 FALSE I was previously sent the following formula which worked great for finding every "TRUE" in column C and calculating the values in column D next to every "TRUE" in column C. =SUMPRO...

Find and delete the word TRUE in excel
Hi, Hes is a bit of code that will delete all the rows that do not have an entry in col "B". intRow = 2 Do Until ws2.Cells(intRow, 1).Value = "" If ws2.Cells(intRow, 2).Value = "" Then 'Delete row range ws2.Rows(intRow & ":" & Row).Delete 'ROW is the lasr used row defined earlier. intRow = intRow + 1 Else intRow = intRow + 1 End If Loop My next task is to delete all the rows with the word "TRUE" in col "B". If I put: If ...

true location of NormalEmail.dotm???
hi, i have 2 computers- one has the NormalEmail.dotm in the template folder, the other one has two NormalEmails.dotm: one in the template folder and anotherone in the programm\office12 folder. The NormalEmail.dotm in the program folder save designs, buildingBlocks etc. The NormalEmail.dotm in the templates folder only save BuilindingBlocks. My question: which ist the "real" NormalEmail.dotm ?? thanks for help Susan The one in the Templates folder. The one in the Program Files folder might have been used by your IT-department when deploying Office. -- R...

how: if, conditional test, true (do nothing if false)
I want a simply if then without the else. =if(Condtion,true response,"") will give a blank for a false response, is this what you mean? "jwhitney" wrote: > I want a simply if then without the else. We have daily and weekly (and monthly and biannual) checks, I want the date on the weekly to update (dd/mm/yy) on "Mon" but not change the rest of the week. "bj" wrote: > =if(Condtion,true response,"") > will give a blank for a false response, > is this what you mean? > > "jwhitney" wrote: > > > I want a...