Trouble referencing.

I have a database in excel that we needed to add a matix to. I did th
matrix in access and ran a query through microsoft query. The quer
returns an ID tag that I need to reference to a database using vlookup
The vlookup is supposed to obtain all the information about the ID
Problem is excell seems to read the tag coming from the query differen
than I need it to. For instance it returns the number 136776......bu
will not pull the ID information, yet if I delete the reference to th
query and just type in 136776 it will work and pull all the informatio
I need. Any ideas on what I need to do

Hi, Curley,

Can you give any more info on this?  Get any errors or
just nothing?  is the data returned by the query formatted
as you'd expect (no hidden characters, etc)??

I tried it here straight up and worked fine so I'm a bit
baffled myself...

sorry,
jeff
to. I did the
>matrix in access and ran a query through microsoft
query. The query
>returns an ID tag that I need to reference to a database
using vlookup.
>The vlookup is supposed to obtain all the information
about the ID.
>Problem is excell seems to read the tag coming from the
query different
>than I need it to. For instance it returns the number
136776......but
>will not pull the ID information, yet if I delete the
reference to the
>query and just type in 136776 it will work and pull all
the information
>I need. Any ideas on what I need to do?
>

>---
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)
6/1/2004 3:52:20 PM
How do I check for hidden characters? As far as I can see it returns th
value I need. That being 136777 or someting like that. Now how th
database normally works is there is a front page that has all the fac
information ( information that has been picked by a designer for th
building of a trailer) A second page links to a database through dro
boxes, when a designer pickes the needed element, the ID tag i
trasfered to the front page. From here the ID Is referenced and th
page automatically pulls up all the information needed for floor desig
( that being, the part description, quantity, and routing)

Now I can get the number from the query 136777 onto the front page
that is what appears......but it does not autimatically pull up th
other information. It remains #N/A as if the number isn't there or th
cell hasn't been picked, but if I go into the box and type in th
number 136777 I will get all the information I need.

So somehow excel is seeing the query 136777 different than when I typ

No ideas???? I have being trying for a couple days here ang just canno
figure this one out at all

repost your ?

"curley >" <<curley.1788ce@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
: No ideas???? I have being trying for a couple days here ang just cannot
: figure this one out at all.
:
:
: ---
: Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/
:

0
nospam202 (664)

Drawing trouble
Hi everyone! I have created a class which is a subclass of CButton and I have made it ownerdraw. In this class I am doing some custom drawings (basically just drawing some lines by using the DrawLine and MoveTo functions). Now I want to create another subclassed button, which should just be a circle, where the only thing we can see is the border around it. It has to be transparent as well. This "Button" should be created during run time and then added to the Button where I draw my lines. I am completely stuck, can anyone help me out? Thanks Do you have a figure of what you...

referencing lines and series points
what is the VBA code for referencing to individual points in a line on line graph? i would like to create a macro to change indiviual points shapes and the color or the lines in between them to different color depending on different parameters. is this possible -- medicenpringle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1645 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39101 Ther easiest way to do this is to first record a macro doing what y...

Page Alignment
How do I get my web page to align in the center when I preview my page on the web - my page only will align left - Also, how do I get my power point presentation to play in the web preview mode it plays in the editing stage but when I press web preveiw it wont play in that mode. Is your website in PowerPoint or Publisher? PowerPoint questions can be answered in the PowerPoint newsgroups. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1A690D5-7...

trouble with excel #5
Hello, Iam trying very hard to find a fourmula in order to calculate holiday for my employees. The problem is as follow... If they are in the company for less than 2 years they are entitle to 20 days between the 1st of January and the 31st of december If they are in the company between 2 and 5 years they are entitle to 22 days from their anniversary date. If they are in the company for more than 5 years they are entitle to 25 days from their anniversary date. My problem is to take in consideration their anniversary date (ex starting date the 15 of march 2000 how many holidays does this perso...

Trouble sending e-mails
I have a yahoo e-mail account setup with outlook 2003. I can download my mesages but I can't send e-mails. They just sit in the outbox..all the "pop3" info and "smtp" info is correct...any suggestions? ...

Trouble with iif
I've posted this before in the forms group but I haven't been able to get help so I'm trying again. I have a form designed to display/track construction project budget and actuals to date. The main form is based on a query called 'queryproject1553'. The query is based on two tables ('tblprojectinfo' and 'tble1553toactual'). The main form contains basic project info such as project ID, project # and project name, along with the project budget broken down into categories(is construction, mechanical, electrical etc). The subform is based on a query "q...

Self Referencing If Statements, Iterations
Previously, I created several self referencing If Statements that would return data when a toggle cell was equal to what I was looking for and would not change if the toggle was equal to something else. This had the effect of providing a data table without having to have the input functions on the same tab as the table. For example, on an excel merger model, on a cases tab I had many different "cases" (one company acquired another at a 10% premium, 15% premium, 20%, 25%, 30%, etc.). On another tab in cell A15, I had this if statement =if(CASES!$A $1=A$14,RESULT,A15) then I would have...

I am having trouble setting up an account
After ive setup my account and tested that the settings are correct and go back to the main screen and hit Send/Receive i get an error msg saying " The operation failed. An object could not be found. " but the test msg gets sent to outlook express6 what have i done wrong in office outlook 2003 "Mat" <Mat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C77051BC-B746-4A9B-8177-B0B9A73AB081@microsoft.com... > After ive setup my account and tested that the settings are correct and go > back to the main screen and hit Send/Receive i get an error msg saying >...

Newbie: trouble validating xml file
IDE: Visual Studio 2003 .NET (7.1.3088) OS: XP Pro ..NET Framework 1.1 (1.1.4322) I'm experimenting with xml in .net, and having trouble to get a xml file validated without any errors/warnings in VS . So I searched the web and found this example at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q307379&ID=kb;en-us;Q307379&SD=MSDN section "Use Namespaces in the XSD Schema" ProductWithXSD.xml: <?xml version="1.0"?> <Product ProductID="123" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="ur...

Referencing worksheets
Greetings, I have 52 worksheets, (week 1 - week 52), each is basically a timesheet for multiple and variable staff members. There are various calculation with regard to hours worked, tax, one each of the worksheets. I have another worksheet on which I wish to reference each of these worksheet to extract a total for each week. Q1: How do I reference each worksheet (week 1 etc) without having to enter week 1!A35+ week 2!A35 etc? Q2: How do I get a cell value from a worksheet into a Word document. specifically Cell c25 and j42? I have another worksheet which I want to add some more calc...

Trouble with the Favorites function
My favorites function worked till yesterday. When I click the Favorites in this bar: File Edit Favorites Tools Help, I still get a list of all my Favorite folders, but when I put the mouse pointer over a folder, all I get is a blank mini-window. For example, when I place my mouse pointer over the Medical folder, I used to get the half dozen sites I placed in this folder. Now I get only a blank space. The Favorites function works sometimes though - about 10% of the time. Then it goes out and I get that blank mini-window after I click on the folder. There's probably an ...

Oops! .PST trouble
I am the email administrator. I have opened up offline PST files and then deleted them BEFORE I closed the PST file. Now I have several Personal Folder files on my menu that I can't delete. There is a simple answer. I know. Fred Hi - not sure what you mean by offline PST files. Maybe you need to delete & recreate your Outlook profile. That said, this is an Exchange server group - better to post Outlook questions to an Outlook group like m.p.outlook. Fred wrote: > I am the email administrator. I have opened up offline PST files and > then deleted them BEFORE I closed the...

trouble balancing account
I am having problems balancing my checking account in Money. This is the first time I have done it. Basically my paper statement flows exactly to the register balances in Money. However, when I open up the balancing feature and start going, the balancer has totally different balances after each transaction (i.e. different from the register). I triple checked that the account's beginning balance on the account setup screen is exacly the same as the beg. balance on the statement I'm trying to balance. I tried deleting all of the transactions and redownloading them from the ba...

"Resend this Message" troubles
Windows Server 2003, Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003 Hello, I have a user that runs into this error ONLY when trying to use Outlooks "Resend this message" function under the Actions menu (while viewing a SENT message). He has no problems at all sending an e-mail to the same people if he creates a new message and enters the same recipients. ONLY when trying to resend an existing message. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Various easements Sent: 5/6/2005 12:13 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: xxxxxx@xyz-partners.com on 5/6/2...

Installation Trouble
I boutht Money 2007 deluxe online last year. I downloaded it and installed just fine. I've since changed computers and now it won't let me install it on the new box because it says the product is already registered on another computer. There's a place to enter a key but I wasn't given a key. Can anyone tell me what I can do about getting a key so I can install? Thanks. -- Read my book reviews at: www.ITBookworm.com Blog Author of: Database Underground -- http://weblog.infoworld.com/dbunderground/ DBA Rant – http://dbarant.blogspot.com =?Utf-8?B?U2VhbiBNY0N...

countif trouble
Hi there, I'm trying to do a countif function on calendar cells. I have sheets named "Jan" thru "Dec" and the range is "D6" thru M35" I can't seem to get this function to work! I've a few different ways including naming the range. This is the base of the function I am looking for: =countif(Jan!D6:Dec!M35,"Craig") What am I doing wrong? Thank again in advance! Craig Craig, Put the names of the sheets in C1:c12, and use =SUMPRODUCT(COUNTIF(INDIRECT("'"&C1:C12&"'!D6:M35"),"Craig"))...

Ongoing troubles with Sperry recurring email
I have been working with Sperry but they have no answers. I have Outlook 2003 up to date, the most recent add-in version and removed and reinstalled. XP Pro machine. The problem happens when I syncronize my PDA using Activesync 4.5. After syncing, I cannot select email accounts to check, and it's like Outlook stays open even when it's closed. A reboot fixes it, and as long as I don't sync everything works as designed. I did not have this issue before installing recurrung email add-in. Suggestions appreciated. Thank you. ...

Trouble with KB 970315
I have a clustered SQL 2008 SP 1 running on Win2k3 R2 x64 SP2. There are two DB instances, the default for SharePoint, vcenter, and some custom databases and the other for OCS. I applied the cumulative update of KB 970315 to one of the nodes so that I could use the server for SharePoint 2010 beta 2. Before applying it to the second node, I failed over the groups to ensure that they would run. The group containing the default instance does not run on the updated server. It is the SQL Server resource within the group that fails to start. Everything is currently running on n...

MS-Project Table / Columns Cross Referencing
Hi folks, Hopefully somebody has come across this issue before... We have been setting up a new schedule using the MSP default Gantt chart (which references the Task table I think) view. All the usual fields are filled in - Task Name, Work, Duration, etc. We have also filled in a text field, Text12, with some specific data. What we would then like to do is be able to reference the data in Text12 in other views where, for example, the Task Name is visible. For example, the Resource Usage view... I assume this view uses the Assignment table. By default, the Task Names do appear in...

Trouble installing Office 2007 Home and Student
Hi, I am having some problems installing this version on a new installation of Win7 Home Premium 32bit. The Error message is: ------------------- Description: Installasjonen ble ikke fullført. Vi beklager det inntrufne. Problem signature: Problem Event Name: Office12Setup Problem Signature 01: {10120000-0F00-0000-0000--0000000FF1CE} Problem Signature 02: 12.0.4518.1014 Problem Signature 03: X Problem Signature 04: 5 Problem Signature 05: X Problem Signature 06: X Problem Signature 07: X OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1044 Addit...

Help with referenced sheet
Hi all, I am attempting to feed data into a cell on sheet ABC that comes from another sheet that will be created programmatically (call it sheet XYZ). I start by creating the reference with sheet XYZ already existing, so that I can pick the cells I want off of it. I then delete sheet XYZ. My cells on ABC all then become #REF, which is okay with me. I save and close. I then run the program that takes some data, opens my excel file, and (re)creates sheet XYZ and puts the data I want onto it. The problem is that all of my cells on ABC that reference XYZ keep the #REF until I double ...

help with referenced memory error message
We are working with office 2000 small business edition. In the publisher portion, we create newsletters for our church. When publisher opens up I click onto newsletter and then click on the style of newsletter. At this point it tries to load but stops error message: THE INSTRUCTION AT "0x005874ac" REFERENCED MEMORY AT "0x00005643". THE MEMORY COULD NOT BE READ. CLICK OK TO TERMINATE PROGRAM. Is there any fix for this particular error. This started about 2 to 3 weeks ago and have not had any problems before that with this program? Thank you for your help Bil...

Trouble printing zipcodes that begin with zero
I have a list of Names, addresses and zip codes for some reason the zip codes that begin with a 0 do no print. can anyone help me? Hi Richard, try : Format|Cells>Custom and in the field Type, type: "0"0 (in this case, the zip will start allways with a zero), or try to format the cell as Text Regards. -- JRod http://EXCELer.blogspot.com "Richard Mahan Sr" <dmachen35@home.com> escreveu na mensagem news:OXLdg95yFHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I have a list of Names, addresses and zip codes for some reason the > zip codes that begin with a ...

Polishing off a new template-trouble with text placement
I am creating a new template in PowerPoint 2003 for my company using XP Prof. The only problem I am having is the text boxes I created on the title slide aren't working when an old presentation is copied into the new one. The text takes placement on the title slide where the old template had them. Is there a way to get the text from the old presentation to conform to the new template. All of the text slides seem to work fine. Any help will be appreciated! Do these slides use placeholder ("click to add text") or manual "ad hoc" textboxes? You may nee...

trouble getting menu items to enable in status bar context menu
Hi, I've put a context menu in the status bar, and its coming up ok, but I can't seem to enable any of the IDs in there. All the options in the menu are disabled. My message map for CStatusBar is: ON_COMMAND(ID_DOSTUFF, OnDoStuff) ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_DOSTUFF, OnUpdateDoStuff) However, if I use an ID from theApp. I find that the CMDUI is working correctly. Is it the case that the status bar isn't getting the WM_COMMAND messages? Thanks, Brett. Who is owner of the menu. I suspect it is the mainframe because ID from the APP is working. If thats the case, you need to look...