trouble printing entire workbook with different page layouts

I have a workbook with about 10 worksheets. Some are
setup to print "portrait" and some print "landscape". In
previous versions of Excel, I had no problem printing
this type of workbook - the pages work print according to
thje page setup for each worksheet. In Office XP the
landscape pages print in different layouts - some print
on 2 halves of portrait, others reduce to fit the page!
I have tried using the macro from Microsoft, but it
doesn't work. Does anybody have a solution that works?
0
fhowejr (1)

The printing of workbooks, with some sheets set for portrait and others for
landscape, seems to work okay for me in Excel 2002.  What are the specific
steps that reproduce the problem?  Also, what is "the macro from Microsoft"?

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1933)

Printing Headers
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Outlook 97 I used to be able to print an "Unsent" message and it would included the header information and subject line. But now in Outlook 2002 when I go to print a message in Draft form it doesn't print the Header information regardless of whether the message is in Plain Text, RTF or HTML format? Is this true and if so, is there a work-around? ...

New to RMS: Having trouble setting up 2nd terminal.....HELP
We have an existing customer who has 1 server and 1 POS terminal. I have recently installed a 2nd terminal and am trying to match the settings and templates of the register 1 to the new register 2. The problem is with the on-screen keyboard. I've chosen the option to use the touchscreen keyboard in manager for register 2 and picked the template for the pre-configured keyboard layout; however, register 2 just refuses to display the template like register 1 does. I know ive got to be missing something. By the way, i forgot to mention that yes, i have enabled the touchscreen keyboard ...

Pivot Table Report: Getting average of difference of two date columns
Hello I have data in excel sheet as: WORK_ID PROJECT START_DT END_DT 1001 P1 1/1/2006 1/10/2006 1002 P1 1/25/2006 2/20/2006 1003 P1 3/15/2006 3/20/2006 I want to have a report that will give me average time taken to finish a work in a project. That is, I have to take average of (end_dt - start_dt) for a project group. How do I do this in a pivot table report. When I use a calculate field to get the days worked for a work_id using DATEDIF(START_DT, END_DT, "D") then excel computes only sum on that (pivot table report ...

Trouble with Filters on a large file
Have a huge file, 29000 rows with 6 columns. Ran a auto-filter but the filter stops at the "1001" row. Thought that I was quite familiar with auto-filters until this. Can anyone please help tell me what's worng or what I should do?? Thanks in Advance Michael Think 1000 is the limit for items to display in the autofilter droplist Try Debra Dalgleish's coverage on this at her page: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits for a possible workaround (Look under "Limits to Dropdown Lists") -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xd...

Downloading trouble from TD Waterhouse into Money '04
Is anybody else having trouble downloading transactions from TD Waterhouse into Money 2004? I've been doing it for years and it stopped working on Friday when I was also having trouble running Money updates. Those now work but Waterhouse downloads will not. It tells me there is a problem with the data downloaded, contact the bank... I've been working with Waterhouse since Friday and so far it still doesn't work :( ...

Accounts in different currencies
I have bank accounts in Euros and Dollars. Is there a way to assign different currencies to different bank accounts? >-----Original Message----- >I have bank accounts in Euros and Dollars. Is there a way >to assign different currencies to different bank accounts? >. >Go to the account, and choose Change Account Details from the menu on the left side of the screen. One of the details is the account currency. ...

&[page]+2 not giving me 3....
Greetings I am using two versions of excel - one is excel 2000 where I us the &[page]+2 to give me page 3 and continue numbering the page bu when I send the document to a colleague using excel 2002 in win-x instead of printing page 3, 4 , 5 it prints page 12, 22, 32, 42, 52 an so on. Does ayone have a solution for this? Iva -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In Excel 2002, there is an option on the File->Page Setup screen to start page numbering at 3 instead of Auto. If that option also exists in 2000, then you should be all set. Otherwise; I'm at an impass, t...

How do I show more workbooks in the Excel taskpane?
When I open Excel, I use the taskpane to open workbooks I access quite often. My question is how can I show more than the four workbooks that Excel seems to have as the default number of workbooks showing? Tools> Options> General> Recently used file list: "Wideejay" wrote: > When I open Excel, I use the taskpane to open workbooks I access quite often. > My question is how can I show more than the four workbooks that Excel seems > to have as the default number of workbooks showing? ...

java srcipt not working, getting about blank page
i have windows xp recently i have been getting a blank page behind the page im trying to open, mainly pogo games or playsite games, i have all new updates from microsoft installed, but i cant change calender set up either, what di i need to do This newsgroup is for questions related to Microsoft Publisher. You would be better off posting your question to the appropriate group. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "the big bud man 8" <the big bud man 8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BED6D77A-DD80-48B8-A58A-1FC98613ED2A@microsoft.com... >i hav...

Tracking Number of Times You Print a Spreadsheet
Does anyone know the VB code (or maybe another method) fro creating a macro or some other function that would record the number of times a worksheet is printed? Basically, I need to know how often a certain spreadsheet is printed for my boss and don't want to have to keep a manual field that I update with the number +1 everytime I print it....can this be automated? So that every time I print the spreadsheet the value in this cell is incremented by one? Please reply to phoenix_crime@yahoo.com if you have a quick and easy solution. I am assuming this requires some minor VB code ...

how do i merge one workbook with another in excel?
hi i am wanting to merge data from 1 worksheet with another how do i do this? Copy/paste then manipulate. OR provide more detail on your layout and type of data to merge. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 11:33:04 -0800, "dd" <dd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi i am wanting to merge data from 1 worksheet with another how do i do this? hi there thanks for your reply. i do not have exact data. it is for an interview question how do you merge spreadsheet A and spreadsheet B using excel ? and then how do you identify say for instance someones name who is ...

Printing Double Columns
How do I get an Excel spreadsheet to print in double columns? The two columns in question are narrow enough for this. Art David McRitchie has a macro that will "snake" the columns. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm Personally, I'd copy into MSWord (maybe hitting NotePad if MSWord slows down when I paste). Then use MSWord's Format|Column to make life easy. AjM wrote: > > How do I get an Excel spreadsheet to print in double columns? The two > columns in question are narrow enough for this. > > Art -- Dave Peterson Dave, That was a...

Lock pages in memory greyed out
I am trying to give the ability to a user to "Lock pages in memory" via local policy, and for some reason it's greyed out. I can't change this and it is needed on a version of our software running on SQL standard 2008 64. I've tried all of the ways listed on the internet but it's continued to be greyed out. Any info on how to get this to allow for a user to be placed there to do what I need done would be appreciated. Thank you in advance, Jason Check to see what group policy is being applied. Jason Woodbury wrote: >I am trying to give the a...

2003 charts don't format to page size in 2007. any suggestions
I have numerous charts created in Excel 2003 that are formatted to print very legibly on 8-1/2 x 11. Excel 2007 does not seem to make any proportional adjustments base on paper size, resulting in a long flat chart that is not legible because the print is too small. Any suggestions on how to modify the ratios. Clicking on print options "print on 1 page high by 1 page wide" has no effect. the height and width ratios do not change at all as they did in 2003. ...

outlook 2002
Is there a way to print out the e-mail rules that I have implemented. They've grown to a huge number so I would like to prune and consolidate them. -- Bill Mitchell No, not possible. But you can export them so you can restore them later. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Bill Mitchell" <training@jcnypd.org> wrote in message news:PcWBc.245655$hY.223933@twister.nyroc.rr.com... > Is there a way to print out the e-mail rules that I have imple...

Printing a Register
When I view my check reg on screen, the ending balance agrees with my running balance. When I print the reg, the ending balance is wrong unless I change the view to "all". I prefer to filter my display to unreconciled transactions for last 3 months. This way I don't have to scroll many screens. The printout is also one page for easy insertion in my client's folder . When I print from the filtered view, I get an incorrect balance in the printed page although the screen is correct. When I change to "all", I do get the correct balance but I don't want a stack...

Workbook minimizes when sending as attachment using Outlook Expres
When I send a workbook as an attachment, using Outlook express, the Excel document minimizes instead of staying open. How do I stop this so the document will stay maximized? ...

How do I print only certain info on my excell sheet IE: no SS# or.
Please write your question in the *body* of the message. ...

Publisher 2007 Color Printing option not enabled
I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards (marketing material). When I upgraded to 2007 the quality improved. I notice that the "Tools", "Commercial Printing Tools" "Colot Printing" option is not enabled. What's it for and why is it not enabled? My printing is very slow with Mail Merge from Excel (55 seconds per page of 4 postcards), but I will post that separately. Thanks. Anyone? "Howard" wrote: > I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards > (marketing material)....

I cannot select any text or elements on my page in Publisher 2007
When trying to select text elements and graphic elements on a page of a multi page document, I am unable to select anything although I have been editing the document previously. Can the file be locked in any way You may have a border around the pages that sits in front preventing your selecting the objects. You can send the border to the back. Open the "Graphics Manager" in the Tools menu. Use the drop down to select the pictures. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Bluesea124" <Bluesea124@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1CE9B5A-D171-40B9...

Merge Versions and Companies on Different Servers
I am attempting to merge two different servers with two different versions of Great Plains (9 & 10). I created a test server with GP 10.0 on it and added a company. I then backed up the V9 db and restored it to the V10 db. I ran the utilities expecting the conversion to run. Is there anyway to trigger a conversion with the DU00020 table? Thanks in advance. Steve The upgrade will not work for one reason. Dynamics has "no knowledge" of this new company database that you restored. If you are attempting to upgrade and merge two environments, here is what I would do: ...

Page numbering in footer 04-27-10
I have a large document. It contains only three sections. The first section is comprised of three pages, the Title Page and the TOC. The second section is all of the chapters of content, and finally the third section is the Appendix. The first section does not contain page numbers in the footer. The second and third sections do contain page numbers in the footer in the following format "page x of y". I restarted the page numbers on page 4 (at the beginning of section 2). It worked for the "x" number which begins on page 1. However, the second number, "y&...

Excel 97 Can't setup page to print Landscape
I am using Windows 2000 Professional and Office 97 to HP 4000 and 5000 printers. When using Excel, I can not change the page setup to print landscape. When the radio button for Landscape is pressed, the print preview and the print job are still printed in portrait. Any suggestions before I try a reinstall of Office. Thanks in advance Joan ...

how can i print a preview of a right hand page
In a publisher document I want to print preview a right hand page, but all I can preview are left hand pages Are you trying to print or simply wanting to view? What version Publisher are you using? How do you have your publication setup? If you just want a preview in 2007... File, print, type the page number, print preview. You can cancel out of this screen. Do you have the page sorter status bar on the bottom of your screen? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fiona farthingale" <fiona farthingale@disc...

Trouble launching Office apps
Hi: I recently purchased a 17" G4 laptop and can't get any of Microsoft office X applications to launch. 1. In Jaguar I removed the Office v.X Test Drive with the Remove app. 2. Then I install Office v.X and get this error message. "Microsoft Word (any office program) cannot load the Microsoft Office Shared Libraries. The files may have been moved from the original locations. Try the following: Move Word back to the Microsoft Office folder (or to where it ws originally installed) OR Reinstall Word to make sure that all files are installed correctly." I then do remo...