Trigger Macro on Open Spreadsheet

How can we force a macro to execute whenever a spreadsheet
is first opened?

Hi
do you mean the file? If yes either name your macro
Auto_Open()

or put your code in the workbook event
Workbook_Open()

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Beckie Davis wrote:
> How can we force a macro to execute whenever a spreadsheet
> is first opened?
0
frank.kabel (11126)

I can't open Office Data File from CDs
Dear technical experts, I have been facing a security problem with Microsoft Outlook files. I exported Outlook items into Office outlook files (with the extension is .pst). The exported files were firstly saved on my computer (different path and location in comparison with default path of Office Outlook files in Documents and Settings). I can open my exported files easily. Because the size of outlook items is very large, I would like to save Office outlook files on another storage device in stead of using hard drives of my computer. I made copy these files to a flash drive (USB dri...

Outlook won't open and can't find my .pst file after XP crash
Windows XP crashed on my computer and I could not repair it so instead i installed xp again on the same partition hoping that I would be able to just copy all the files i wanted out of my old install of xp into the new and then delete the old. so far this has worked fine except for Outlook 2000. I re-installed it from Microsoft Office2000 Small Business but it will not open (I get a "The operation failed message") and I cannot find my old .pst file anywhere in the old install. Please help. To find your old .pst file, you need to enable viewing hidden and system folders in t...

Macros in excel 2000 #3
I have a macro which i need to use on different spreadsheets where the data is of various lengths. I need to get the macro to go to one cell below the last active cell in a column. I have made the macro work for the first sheet where there are 1101 rows. This is what the part of the macro looks like, i need the cell values replaced with the code to go to the last active cell in row I and J and then move down one- Range("I1102").Value = "Over Two Days" Range("I1103").Value = "Under Two Days" Range("J1102").FormulaR1C1 = "=COUNTIF(R...

Cannot open outlook #4
Trying to repair a colleagues Outlook. USer was working on Outlook with no problems, apparently, and all of a sudden locked up. Could not click on anything it just hung. CTRL ALT DEL to close it down but still hung on start up. Reboot etc no help. I ran the SCNPST.EXE repair tool which found no errors. Copied the PST file to my PC and it hung on my outlook too. Any ideas please what we can do to allow us back in? Start Outlook in safe mode or at least without the Preview Pane and see if that works. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News...

how do i get the name of a newly added sheet that i add with Sheets.Add in a vba macro in excel?
how do i get the name of a newly added sheet that i add with Sheets.Add in a vba macro in excel? Hi Daniel, See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sheets.htm variable = ActiveSheet.Name 'Rename current Sheet ActiveSheet.Name = "Renamed14a" ActiveSheet.Name = "D" & Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") ActiveSheet.Name = "D" & Format(Range("a1"), "yyyymmdd") ActiveSheet.Name = "D" & Format(Range("a1"), "yyyy_mmdd_hhmm")Also see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/pathname.htm...

Saving a Macro Button on the Quick Access Toolbar in Excel
In Excel if a macro button is added to the Quick Access Toolbar it doesn't always appear when someone else opens up the workbook. In 2003 there was an "Attach" option so a toolbar could be saved with a workbook. Is there an equivalent for the Quick Access Toolbar in Excel 2007? See http://www.rondebruin.nl/imageqat.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "joedapops" <joedapops@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:927C1026-57C4-46A4-A4D4-C43C7A4A85D7@microsoft.com... > In Excel if a macro button is add...

Hyperlink with #
Hi! Encountered err "Cannot open the specified file" when hyperlink path consists of "#", example "C:\My document\1# Pictures\Picture1.gif" how to overcome this; but do not want to rename folder name as there are too many. ...

Invoices show as open, but the unapplied amount is zero
Hi Client Using GP 8. There is Open purchase Invoice even though there is no payment was made for this supplier/Invoice the unapplied amount show zero. We drill the unapplied amount it shows blank. If I try to void this invoice It is gives the message as "This document cannot be marked for voiding. It has been either partially applied or is on hold". The client confirms that he didn't applied any partial payment for this supplier and we check also there is no partial payment and it is not in hold also. I cant able to proceed further. Will you please help us to fix the pr...

how do i set up a spreadsheet to calculate fuel milage
i want to make a spreadsheet that take my total km and liters and converts them to gallons and miles then calculates mpg 1 liter = 0.264172051 US gallon 1 miles = 1.609344 kilometers A = Kilometers B = liters =(A1*1.609344*0.264172051)/B1 OK, I've probably overdone it with the significant digits, but there's your equation. "Dmds" <Dmds@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:670B36AA-3E5F-4597-889E-81BDB4FF8DDB@microsoft.com... >i want to make a spreadsheet that take my total km and liters and converts > them to gallons and miles then calculates ...

open relay #5
In the Queues Tab in the Outbound messages waiting delivery and Inbound message awaiting delivery I found so many entry that do not belong to our domain.. I haVe Exchange server 5.5 sp 4.0 on NT 4.0 on the routing restrictions i have check the -Hosts and Clients who successfully authenticate -Host and clients with these IP Address 101.101.0.1 255.255.255.0 -Host and clients connecting to internal address 101.101.0.11 ' our mail server internal address but I think that the bogus entries in my QUEUES manifest that i am an open relay or that our mail server accepts the mail and ...

Open other another workbook
Hi! Please i need help. when i open an workbook i need to automaticaly open another. Thanks for your help. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Workbooks.Open Filename:="the other filename" End Sub 'This is workbook event code. 'To input this code, right click on the Excel icon on the worksheet '(or next to the File menu if you maximise your workbooks), 'select View Code from the menu, and paste the code -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pasmatos" <Pasmatos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8E268C...

Macros for moving data to Access from Excel
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me... I need to create a macro or VB script that selects certain rows from a range of rows in Excel (if not empty), and then Creates a new entry in Access, and pastes data in line by line, until all the data is copied. I receive several of these worksheets a week, so I need to be sure the script copies to the end of the DB every time, and doesn't override any previously entered data. Thanks! On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:08:02 -0800, ktoth04 <ktoth04@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me... I nee...

Outlook opening error messages
Can't open Outlook - error message says 'cannot start processing' Microsoft can't or won't provide support. Any suggestions Yes, post your version!!! --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com asked: | Can't open Outlook - error message says 'cannot start | processing' Microsoft can't or w...

how do i open a file in excel that is encrypted or read only
i am trying to open a file in excel but i am getting message file is read only or encrypted..clicking ok then says excel says cannot access file. Any ideas??? ...

Minimise form. leave open in background etc.
Hi I have a user form which has been set up to be used as a menu with lots of buttons doing various operations. After clicking a button and carrying out the task(s) I would like to able to move back into a worksheet(s) do some work and then step back to the form. At present I have to close the form do the work and then reopen it. Is it possible to minimise the form, leave it open in the background whilst I work on the sheets and then maximise to choose/use further menu items etc.? Any help with coding would be gratefully received. Thanks Richi Richi, You can make the userform modeles...

Run Macro If Cell value = "Other"
Alright, I have a very simple macro at the moment that unhides a column and adjusts the print area to suit. What I need is a maco that will run this macro if the cell F4 = "Other" from a drop down menu. Seems painfully simple I just can't find where it is. Cheers If Range("F4").Value = "Other" Then Call yourMacro End If -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct) <bobbly_bob@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1163993734.539069.261810@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Alright, I have a ...

querying excel spreadsheets like database
I'm making a payroll journal, it has a column for the names, and the the cheque amt, cheque no., and some other stuff. In a separate sheet I need to pull up individual information pe employee and total. Eg. Payroll Journal: Name: cheque amt: cheque no: date: jane doe 2000.00 0001 01/01/01 john doe 1500.00 0002 01/01/01 jane doe 1800.00 0003 15/01/01 Employee Details: Name: cheque amt: cheque no: date: jane doe 2000.00 0001 0...

Find duplicate, save in a list, delete duplicate using macro
Hello. I need to find a duplicate from ID col and if found, it needs to look at the data in the associated row to compare if it is truly a duplicate. And if it is (same Product and Acct #), the true duplicate will be the one with later date. Then the duplicate that has the later date record will store this info in a separate worksheet or area and then delete the dupicate from the orginal list. Can this be done by using macro? Thank you for your help in advance. For Example: ID Date Product Acct # 1150 7/24/2009 102 53 888 12/30/2009 Gas 50 1150 11/4/2009 102 53 5524...

help w/deleting rows if 2 conditions & calling macro from other bo
hi, i found the code below and it works when i'm in the same workbook but how do i modify it so that i call from book 1 and it works on book 2. i also need to add a second condition .... any ideas?? what i want to do is delete all rows that DON'T have "Attendance" in column G and aferwards delete all rows that are "blank" in column J the macro will be called from the master.xls BUT will work on another file called raw.xls Sub stantial() Dim myrange, MyRange1 As Range lastrow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Set myrange = Sheets(...

Relative reference and macros
How do I say "go down one cell from where I am" in VBA code? Thanks, Alan Alan E.g: ActiveCell.Offset(1,0) -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "Alan" <me@here.now> skrev i en meddelelse news:43WCc.126$Es5.2485@news20.bellglobal.com... > How do I say "go down one cell from where I am" in VBA code? > > Thanks, Alan One way: Activecell.Offset(1, 0).Select another ActiveCell(2, 1).Select In article <43WCc.126$Es5.2485@news20.bellglobal.com>, "Alan" <me@here.now> wrote: > How ...

Templates open in "Normal View" not "Print View"
I have some Hotdocs Templates that I have developed. Some of them open in "Normal View" and not "Print View." This happens even though I've saved the templates in Print View. Other templates open in "Print view" as expected. How can I control how templates will open? Also I should add I'm using Word 2000 and Hotdocs 6. Futhermore it also seems I cannot set the zoom. A template that's saved to be 100% percent keeps opening at 150%. How do I set this? "mja" <and_mike@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uZEX1m1ALHA...

Workbook Window doesn't open
Whenever I open an Excel doc (Excel 2002), everything opens but the workbook window (where all the info's at). If I use my keyboard arrows, cell information is show in the Formula bar, so the doc has opened but can't be seen. When I change the view to Full Screen, everything shows up and then I can close Full Screen view and everythings fine. Any thoughts? Try Window>Arrange in the menubar jb -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "jb" <anon1919@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:429101c39e30$596d4ce0$7d02280a@phx.gbl......

open a 2002 file format with Access 2000
My database was created from Access 2000 and then was converted in Access 2002 format. My german colleague has only the Access 2000 software, so she obtained the following message "this database shows an unknown format, it has probably been created with a later version of access, you should update your access version". The problem is that, even after the use of the Access tool "converting into the previous version", she gets the message "could not create the database window, please update to a new version of internet explorer". I don't see what IE has ...

Open a new document in a new "exterior" Excel Windows
How is it possible to tune Excel to make every new=20 document open as a new "exterior" Excel Windows, and not=20 as a "interior" windows in the Excel Application ?? My Powerpoint is already reacting like that, but I cannot=20 find any clues in the Options... Menu. Is there a link with the way the default template is=20 designed ? Thanks for your input. S=E9bastien. Accenture France. Try Tools-Options then tick the "View Windows in Taskbar" on the Vie tab -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Importing macros from Excel97 to 2000
Every time I used to open a new file in Excel 97, my macros were accessible. However, now that I "upgraded" to 2000, it seems as though I have to import my personal macros every time I want to use them. (When I close Excel and reopen it, they disappear again.) Is there any way to save the macros so that they are available to all Excel files every time I open Excel? My guess is that Excel 2000 isn't looking at your existing personal.xls file, because it's in a directory associated with the Excel 97 program. When I upgraded to Excel 2000, I created a new personal.xls fil...