Trigger Macro on Open Spreadsheet

How can we force a macro to execute whenever a spreadsheet
is first opened?

Hi
do you mean the file? If yes either name your macro
Auto_Open()

or put your code in the workbook event
Workbook_Open()

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Beckie Davis wrote:
> How can we force a macro to execute whenever a spreadsheet
> is first opened?
0
frank.kabel (11126)

Macro that looks at cell contents
I have a column filled with ID numbers. Some begin with E. example E12353. Other ID numbers are 5 digits long. example 12345. Every day I copy and paste these numbers from a program and into my excel spreadsheet. Along with these numbers is important data that I also copy and paste into the spreadsheet. On the other side of the company they use the same ID's but add "00" to the end of all 5 digit ID numbers. It is not important to either side that these numbers dont match so they dont care. I have to deal with combining these ID's to get good information multiple times...

Cannot open an e-mailed Excel document
Have Office 2003 - all current updates as per website, cannot open e-mailed Excel spreadsheets/lists/documents? Are they asking your for a password? What exactly is happening when you try open the spreadsheet? Can you open spreadsheets from your HD? "glennfive-o" wrote: > Have Office 2003 - all current updates as per website, cannot open e-mailed > Excel spreadsheets/lists/documents? ...

Non-Macro way to do this??
say cell M4 contains the value 15 now in another cell say you've got the formula stdev(b4 : b?????M4????) basically what i want it to do is see the b????M4???? as cell B, row (whatever value M4 contains) So if M4 contains 20, the formula would be stdev(b4:b20) If M4 contains 45, formula would be stdev(b4:b45) etc.... i've tried everythingi could think of (e.g., stdev (b4:b$m4), but nothing works i know you can do it w/ a macro, but does anybody know how to do it w/o a macro? There are at least 2 ways to do this: =STDEV(INDIRECT("B4:B" & M4)) =STDEV(...

Outlook 97 Shortcut Bar not opening by default
After installing Outlook 97 on an XP workstation, the Outlook bar will not open during program startup. You can open the Outlook Barfrom the view menu, but when you shut down Outlook and I reopen the progrm the bar does not open. How can you set that view as a default? ...

Cannot open Excel, message given is about VBA libraries?
A worksheet was created in Excel to keep track of the lunch count for a public school. The program is opened twice daily, however, today a message displayed and the words VBA libraries was mentioned. I was not the one that opened the file, so I am not sure what the message said exactly. Without knowing the exact error message, it is difficult to suggest a remedy. However, one technique for clearing up a number of problems is to re-register Excel in Windows. Close Excel, then go to the Windows Start menu, choose Run, and enter Excel.exe /regserver and press Enter. This will cause Exc...

Macro
I have a macro that opens a new workbook and creates 120 tabs of information, everything process correctly works perfectly only when run for the first time. The issue is when i run the macro again, Excel now opens "book2" The macro then stops as it is set for Book 1. Can this variable be adjusted for Cells.Select Selection.Copy Windows("book1").Activate This is where it runs all the subsequent part of the macro from. The macro before this opens up a new work book with the tab settings then it grabs the required info and copies it and then goes to ...

Open workbook to given sheet
Can anyone tell me how to open an Excel work book on the internet to a given page in the workbook Example: Test.xls sheet(start) I can open a workbook to a given page from another MS application I would like the html code for this Thanks to all Dale ...

Macro help 12-18-09
Hi, i need a macro to delete all rows except for the smallest and biggest time in column "B". But i need the code to look in other columns before that. Some kind of macro criteria. Ex: A B C D E Date Time Station Id Name 01.12.09 08:01:19 IN 5 John 01.12.09 09:05:30 IN 5 John 01.12.09 14:30:58 out 5 John 01.12.09 16:30:19 out 5 John 01.12.09 07:59:23 IN 5 Mary 01.12.09 11:54:20 IN 5 Mary 01.12.09 16:29:13 out 5 Mar...

Reproducable bug with Access 2007 runtime: macro, rename table does not work
Dear all, I have a macro renaming the table X to A. This macro works fine when access 2K3 is installed. With run-time 2007 (and perhaps with Access 2007 also), I don't get any error message and the rename is NOT done. (Run-time allows me to delete and import objects, but not to rename?) The table has no relations. Can someone tell me if there is a patch/workaround for this? Seems to be to be a (severe) bug. Regards, Alain ...

Links do not open IE
Hello, As the subject line indicates, the links that I click on inside e-mails do not open IE; instead I receive an error dialog window with the following message: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application." However, if I have already opened IE, clicking on a link in an e-mail will effect the change of site address and go to the respective page. System: Windows XP SP2 Outlook XP 2002 SP3 IE 6.0.2900 SP2 This problem became after trying out another browser and uninstalling it. I have tried uninstalling IE and reinstal...

Calling xml file from http.open
I can use http.open to get and XML document as follows.... But I keep getting the header info back instead of the raw XML, so I can not parse the XML file that is returned. If I use a .ASP extension instead of .XML, the file is parsed fine. Should I be adding something in my xml file like <noheader> to make sure the "<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN\"> is not returned? call_string = "SLNet_AddPriceBookItem.xml" xmlAddItem_http.Open("POST", call_string, false) xmlAddItem_http.Send(xmlSend_doc) xmlBack_doc = xmlAddItem...

New macro question..?
Hello all, Is there any way that you can change the format of a macro to show the A1 format from the R1C1 format as my macro listing shows it as R1C1 and I cannot make head nor tail of it. The macro was a recording and I am now editing it but the following code is as follows : ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(R[-28]C:R[-1]C)" but I would like to be shown as : ActiveCell.Formula = "=SUM(d6:d33) Regards, -- Niall Just type the RC formula in the immediate window, then go to Excel and see what the cell shows. -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, bu...

how to open VC++ 6.0 projects in VC++.NET
Hi all, i am trying to open the VC 6 projects in VC .NET IDE. But I am getting lots of compiler error. I heard VC 7 supports backward comaptability. Can any one tell me how can i acces code in vc++ 6.0 when i'm working in vc++.NET Regards BHargav bhag wrote: > Hi all, > i am trying to open the VC 6 projects in VC .NET IDE. But I am getting > lots > of compiler error. > I heard VC 7 supports backward comaptability. > Can any one tell me how can i acces code in vc++ 6.0 when i'm working > in vc++.NET > Regards > BHargav > Bhag: If you are getting comp...

"An open operation on table 'AF_report_column_TEMP'...
Hi everybody: We have Great Plains (7 or 7.5?) running on Pervasive SQL server. I recently had to replace one of the two computers that are used to run the client software, which included reinstalling the Great Plains client. The first time the user logged in, it seemed to work fine. Now, however, every time she tries to log in, she gets an error box that says: 'An open operation on table 'AF_report_column_TEMP' has an incorrect record length'. She is then unable to log into the system. The other person who is using the system still has no problems getting into i...

Can't open any yahoo webpage and cant connect to yahoo messenger.
None of my browsers will open yahoo web pages. Before i got a virtual runtime error from yahoo messenger but then it went away. I was able to log on and then after a few hours it logged me off and now yahoo wont let me sign in. Please help...would really appreciate it! -- maebee90 On Feb 21, 6:11=A0am, maebee90 <gu...@unknown-email.com> wrote: > None of my browsers will open yahoo web pages. Before i got a virtual > runtime error from yahoo messenger but then it went away. I was able to > log on and then after a few hours it logged me off and now yahoo wont >...

dissapearing spreadsheet- excel 2003
Something awful has happened. I just finished a massive spreadsheet down to the last detail. Everything balanced out, it was perfect. I was ready to print the final draft. I wanted to take out the grid lines and the a-z and 123.. borders so I was looking at various commands on the tool bar. I got to the "insert' heading and clicked on "worksheet" to see what it was. Everything is now gone....... I am sick. Please tell me how to get the spreadsheet back. I have tried to open the one I want from the saved files but nothing but a blank worksheet comes up. While looking thru t...

File Size gets REAL big with Macros
Can anyone tell me why my file which was about 4MB in size grew to like 7MB by basically writing one macro - see Macro below? The Macro takes a list of data in the workbook and copies the formula down for approx 8000 rows, then copies and pastes a value that was calculated by these formulas, sorts it (it is basically a query on a list of data based on a users selection) then it deletes the formula again (This pasting and deleting of the formula was an attempt to shrink the file size) Thanks in advance for your repsonse! Regards, Mike Application.ScreenUpdating = False Range(&...

Macros for Build Commands and Properties
Project properties! The current values for some of my macros are not what i want. $(InputName) $(InputPath) $(InputFileName) $(ProjectPath) $(ProjectFileName) $(SafeInputName) I expect the name to be equalivant to the $(ProjectName), but they are not. I would to change them to be the project name; is there a way to do it? Is there a way redefine the base name? Many thanks ...

ADODB.OPEN
I got recordcount = -1 when I use ADODB.open to get my recordset. I just found the article from Microsoft,194973, that mentioned ADODB may return -1 recordcount. Any work around for this? Your information is great appreciated, ...

Anyone using Open Air with Great Plains
My company is implementing Open Air with Great Plains. If anyone is using Open Air, I would like to discuss how you are exchanging data with Great Plains. Please post. My email is scott-williams@hotmail.com Scott Hi Scott, the VAR I used to work for are using Open Air and import invoicing from it through IM. You might want to contact them to see if they are willing to help you or at least give you a few hints. See their web site to contact them: www.strophe.com -- Frederik Gagnon Analyst Programmer Dexterity Engineer "Scott" wrote: > My company is implementing Open ...

Trouble opening files
I changed from MS Works 7.0 to MS Office 2003. I had created numerous spreadsheet documents in Works. I started to convert them from Works to Excel. I converted the first one by opening Excel, choosing File>Open. In the Open dialog box, I clicked on the file I wanted, and it opened in Excel. I worked on it, and then closed it and it was saved with the extension of .xlr. I later tried to open it and could not do so. I also noticed that all other spreadsheet documents had been automatically changed from Works to .xlr. I found that I can open the documents by using the Open dialog box ...

Help:owc11-spreadsheet in IE online open a big xml file,use cpu 100%?
spreadsheet.XMLURL="....ABC.XML"; IE would be USE FULL CPU . if the same xml file use excel to open ,that be ok! why ? the xml file about 600K----2M XP �: > spreadsheet.XMLURL="....ABC.XML"; IE would be USE FULL CPU . > if the same xml file use excel to open ,that be ok! > why ? the xml file about 600K----2M THE PROBLEM had been Solved�� uninstall the "web download tool",or forbit the "init load dll" OF IE. XP �: > spreadsheet.XMLURL="....ABC.XML"; IE would be USE FULL CPU . > if the same xml file use excel to open ,that ...

but there is no macro.... #2
Thank you very much!! I've now got it sorted - I followed the link and found several little bits of code. Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you! :) -- grrr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ grrr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15715 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=272394 ...

I cannot open Outlook 2003 folders
I cannot open Outlook 2003 folders. It gives the following message Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured. I reinstalled Windows XP and Office XP Pro, but no go. Any suggestions Miserable in Montreal Thomas S <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not > access the specified f...

Problem in opening Microsoft Outlook
when I am trying to open my outlook...it says microsoft outlook.exe missing.... is there a way that I can download outlook.exe from microsoft website No. If you where using Outlook 2000 or later, you should be able to do a detect and repair via the add/remove applet and supply the original installation media when prompted. "Jit" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1296101c44308$8f4b69a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > when I am trying to open my outlook...it says microsoft > outlook.exe missing.... is there a way that I can download > outlook.exe from ...