Trendline Update

I'm using Excel 2000 (9.0.2720). I have a simple chart with a
trendline added. After I enter new data, does the trendline equation
automatically update, or do I have to perform an operation to get it
to update? Thanks!

Bill
0
Bill

Try it and see... I think you will find that it does update. You can also
create the formual yourself using the slope and intercept functions...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Bill" wrote:

> I'm using Excel 2000 (9.0.2720). I have a simple chart with a
> trendline added. After I enter new data, does the trendline equation
> automatically update, or do I have to perform an operation to get it
> to update? Thanks!
>
> Bill
> .

Thanks Jim, The slope is so subtle that I didn't notice!

Bill

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 14:22:01 -0800, Jim Thomlinson
<James_Thomlinson@owfg-Re-Move-This-.com> wrote:

>Try it and see... I think you will find that it does update. You can also
>create the formual yourself using the slope and intercept functions...
0
Bill

Fixed Asset Import
I am trying to import Fixed Asset records using Integration Manager 10.0 and I am running into the following error message: Description = The UpdateIfExists parameter is set to 0 and you are attempting to integrate a record that already exists in the FA00100 table I would like to be able to update. Does anyone know how I can change this to allow for insert and update functionality? Unfortunately the eConnect Requester setup tool does not have that table as an option to update. Thanks, Craig Craig: I don't use integration manager so I apologize if this is diffferent but I do use ...

Money 2005 Premium won't update accounts
When I tried updating accounts this morning, Money could not do it. I would get an error message to try again later or to disable then setup the online account updates for the accounts in question. Waiting 18 hours has not helped and neither has trying to setup the online account updates for those account again either. Could this have something to do with the release of M06? I notice that the support page for Money "cannot be found" as well. I've tried creating a brand new money file and I still cannot update any of my accounts that I used to be able to update automatical...

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP
Last night I was going about my regular buisness of (after work) getting on and vegging in fron of my laptop while I watch TV. An update came around (mind you everything was working fine yesterday) which was: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP (KB980182). Now for some reason I can't access yahoo.com or lotro.com? These two sites are the only ones that I can't seem to access for some reason? I have tried to search for malicious spyware and viruses nothing comes across (McAfee, and Malewarebytes) I have tried to System restore to a date I ...

Update KB973904 keeps getting cancelled
Yesterday I noticed disk activity on my PC and guessed that it was applying updates. After it quieted down I logged onto my Administrator account to check (I like to see what's been updated), and sure enough there had been updates. But what was listed (after going to Microsoft Update Home and clicking "Review your update history") was four successful updates and then one, KB973904, with a grey circle in the Status column, meaning Cancelled. This I haven't seen before! There were also several High Priority updates which hadn't been applied, and I noticed the l...

Can't Use Microsoft Update
When I check for updates with Office Access it doesn't send me to the office web site and it doesn't trigger Windows Update. I suggests I install Microsoft Update. But, of course, I get the following error number: Error number: 0x80070002 I am told: "The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the " I try later on and the same thing. No I didn't try all the options. So there is a controversy among Microsoft products as to which update service to use? Should I us...

MS Dynamics CRM 4.0 KNOWN ISSUES / BUG
Hi all, Take 2 at this post as I mashed the keyboard on my last attempt and posted it half the way through! :) Wondering if anyone knows any timeline on Update Rollup 1. I have a few bugs in which when followed up with MS they have simply explained that it is a known issue and they will be realeasing an Update Rollup to address the bugs, mine included. They cannot provide a timeline and I have clients crucifying me over it. Some of the bugs have workarounds, but for sites with a lot of users OR for our hosted clients which are generally remote users that are geographically all over the p...

auto updater
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I've just migrated Office 2008 onto a new iMac and auto updater has disappeared completely. I've checked the library archive and it's not there - nor anywhere else on my computer. any suggestions, please? "zazen@officeformac.com" wrote: > I've just migrated Office 2008 onto a new iMac and auto updater has > disappeared completely. I've checked the library archive and it's not there - > nor anywhere else on my computer. any suggestions, please? You were seeing the old Office 2...

update a link to a CSV
How can I refresh a link to a CSV file without re-loading the CSV? It may vary somewhat depending on what version of Excel and how the 'link' was actually created, but if it is an OLE link you should be able to go to Edit>Links and use the features of the dialog box. If 'Links' is dimmed in the Edit Menu, then you don't actually have a link. In that case, go to Data>Refresh or View>Toolbars & select the External Data toolbar (if it isn't already displayed). Use the red ! To refresh the data. Should neither options work out, post back with more info. HTH...

Delay on update the mailbox size, OWA event slower on update?
Hi...there is a single win2k3 domain and single Ex2k3 environment, a user reported his mailbox is run out of size, we increated the size a lot. But we wait for another hour, it is still complaining not enough space to send message. Check the System Manager again, the size is way under the limit. How to force the system to update the mailbox size right away when it is increased? Would OWA take longer to update the size? how to force OWA to update as well? Thanks, fshguo. I don't think OWA would be any different. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];327378...

Timesheet task updates and notifications not coming through
We are using MSP Server 2007 with Timesheets and have installed a third-party Single Tied Mode. We have one resource that task updates and email notifications of the updates are not being sent throught to PMs when saved. However, the timesheet can be submitted, apporved, and reviewed - but no task updates come through to the task approval page. Another issue is that the timesheet errors when the resource updates the remaining work field - timesheet fails in the queue. We have verified the resources' security and authentication settings. This occurs on any PC the resoruce ...

How do I update links from .xls sheets to .xlms sheets
I have thousands of links to many consolidated spreadsheets created in Excel 2003. Now that I use Excel 2007, how do I convert the links without breaking them. On Apr 21, 2:06=A0pm, June <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have thousands of links to many consolidated spreadsheets created in Ex= cel > 2003. =A0Now that I use Excel 2007, how do I convert the links without br= eaking > them. After making a copy of your workbook, try to search and replace ".xls" with ".xlms" Hope this helps, Chris M. It's not clear what you'v...

Vista 64 Critical Updates Without Internet Connection?
I bought a refurbished computer for a customer and we're having problems detecting a Netgear WN111v2 USB wireless adapter. The first thing I think is update Vista 64 Business but there's no Internet connection on the machine. Is there a way to get all of the Vista 64 critical (and related) updates downloaded to my local dev machine then burned to a disk I can then install manually? I'm paging through the test.catalog.update.microsoft.com website at the moment but haven't done this before so confirmation may help me out. Hillbilly wrote: > I bought a refurbi...

KB 91185 won't install from Windows Update
Like a few questions before this one, the 'HID non-user input data filter' updates {2 of them} seem to fail. I did hide them, but now it seems the 2 USB ports on the outside of my tower, no longer work! The 2 on the back of the tower work: they have an optical keyoboard and a printer...both work. When I use devmgmt.msc and disable them, nothing. Then I enable and 'scan for hardware changes', and it seems to put them 'back', but then says there's an error with the ''HID non-user input data filter' again? So I guess I need the fixes, but.....

Account Update Problems
I'm unable to update any accounts through Microsoft Money. I was able to set up my Fifth Third accounts when I first started the program, but cannot update the accounts nor add a Sam's Club account. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, clippertonenet wrote: >I'm unable to update any accounts through Microsoft Money. I was able to set >up my Fifth Third accounts when I first started the program, but cannot >update the accounts nor add a Sam's Club account. Any suggestions? This assumes you are using Money 2007 or Money Plus. You did not say. Fifth Thi...

Update Several Records with separate table data
I have two tables. One has all fields complete. The other has some complete records, but most only have one field completed. I want to input the complete records to the incomplete table, merging any records that would be duplicated. I forgot to mention this in my first post. Why are you duplicating data in your database? The goal of a well designed database is to only store the same piece of information once. Dale -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. "Dale Fye" wrote: > In Access (am unsure whether A2007 supports this), you can do this as a ...

Updating an excel chart on a webpage
using Frontpage2003.. Website is www.applestats.com There are numerous charts in this website. Right now, I just create the chart using the chart wizard in Excel and I copy and paste the chart into Frontpage 2003 and publish it using http. As the data grown in the spreadsheewts, I use to updating function to update the chart and re-copy it to FP 2003 to republish. There has to be a simpler wasy. I would like to put the spreadsheets in a folder in the webfile, and as I update the numbers, have the charts on the web pages update with the new data. Is this possible? I do not know scrip...

Updating Accounts via MSN/Yodlee
Hello - I have two credit card accounts with institutions that do not support direct downloads themselves, but work through the MSN/Yodlee servers (CapitalOne & Bank of America). I have noticed that if I leave Microsoft Money running for a while, and do an "Update Now", these two accounts typically generate an "Update Unsuccessful" message. However, if go to moneycentral.msn.com, choose the "My Money" tab, and sign in immediately before the update, it typically works! Perhaps it has something to do with my Passport/Live ID credentials expiring and n...

Money 2005 and techCU visa updates
When money downloads transactions from my Technology Credit Union visa account, it duplicates all of the entries. How do I prevent this. If I do a manual download from the TechCU site, the entries are NOT duplicated. If I manually delete the duplicate entries, the account NO longer balances. This doesn't seem like proper behavior. ...

update many fields in a form from existing info.
I have 2 tables. One table stores various information about companies including company name, address, etc. The second table stores student names. In a form, I am able to enter mutiple student names into a memo field and, as of right now, type in the company name, address, etc. (it is not linked to the company name table at all). What I want to do is this: from the student add form, search the company table for a company based on partial name and/or zipcode, select one company from a possible 1 or more companies, and have the fields in the form automatically fill in - pulling the ...

macro to run automatically when a field is updated
I have two form fields on an employee appraisal form. One calculates a grand average score from four different scoring areas on the form. The second field evaluates this score (using a macro) to determine the increase percentage based on the grand score. This macro is assigned to the field to run on entry. My problem is that if an evaluator goes back through the form and changes a score, they must click in this percentage field to get it to update to the correct value. My question is: how could I make this field update automatically anytime a change is made anywhere on t...

update of links with no prompt
I have a spreadsheet with links to another one. When the user opens the destination sheet I want the links to be updated automatically without a prompt. (but just for this sheet) This is apparently possible (Excel 2003) by choosing Edit menu - Links - Startup prompt and choosing 'dont display the alert and update links. But even though thisis set correctly I still get the alert Any ideas Thank you -- Patrick There is a user setting that can supersede this setting. Tools|options|Edit tab Ask to update automatic links If I (as a one of your users) change this to always ask, then...

Updating form automatically
Hello Everybody, I have two columns in a table which are sources of dropdown boxes in a form. In the form, when the value in one dropdown box is changed by the user, how can I automatically update second dropdown box according to the data in the table. For example in case of "copyone" as value in first dropdown box, second drop down box has "paperone". When "copyone" is changed by "copytwo", "paperone" should be changed with "papertwo". So far I am unable to do this successfully either with SQL or VB. Any ideas will be highly a...

Before update event Access Message?
Hi new to access but keen. I have a cmd button on a form that is initiating a forced save Me.dirty = False. I think this is firing the before Update event that I am validating data entry with. Code If DateDiff("n", StartTime, FinishTime) <= 0 Then Cancel = True MsgBox "You cannot end the task before you start!", vbOKOnly, "Review your start and finish times!" Me.FinishTime.SetFocus Exit Sub End If This seems to be working as the message box appears but then another meassage from Access apears saying "The setting you entered is invalid...

Windows update installation problem under Windows 7 64 bit
This morning I noticed a message in the Action Center saying that there had been a "Windows Update installation problem" dated two days ago. A Windows update did not install properly, it said. I checked my system and application logs for the past week and found no error messages. I checked Windows Update history and I did an update for Internet Explorer 8 on 1/23, two days earlier, that it said completed successfully. I do see there is an Internet Explorer 8 update to be installed.still and am assuming that must be *again*? So I am confused. Do I have a problem or not? How do...

group polciy not updating through active directory
Hi i am using windows 2000 server and active directory , i was trying to set up the proxy setting in active directory to limit the internet use by putting some exceptions websites that they can visit, it was working fine ealrier but now i am trying to add more sites to exception list and it dont work also other seetings seems stopped working as well. for example user can not go to internet options even when i change the policy to not configured, i try to install and use group policy management tool but no luckkk, please help me in this i am getting frustrated here... You need to ask ...