Translating function names

OK, so I have Excel in Spanish and I want to use this:
http://www.exceltip.com/st/How_to_extract_a_file_name_from_a_path_in_Microsoft_Excel/366.html

Is there any way to automatically translate the function names?

--
dziw
dziw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10422

Hi Dziw,

See KeepItCool's TranslatIT addin at:

        http://members.chello.nl/keepitcool/download.html

---
Regards,
Norman

"dziw" <dziw.1rexac_1120089913.5731@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> OK, so I have Excel in Spanish and I want to use this:
> http://www.exceltip.com/st/How_to_extract_a_file_name_from_a_path_in_Microsoft_Excel/366.html
>
> Is there any way to automatically translate the function names?
>

> --
> dziw
> dziw's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10422
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=383378

0
normanjones (1047)
6/30/2005 12:21:53 AM
Thanks a lot. :

--
dzi
dziw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1042
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38337

Search Function with queries
Hi guys, new user to access 2000 and i am trying to create a search query that will allow me to enter in a value and return that value. The part i am having trouble with is i need to do this for many fields and if i use the method i came up with, when i leave a entry empty using the "AND" function i get nothing and when i use the "OR" function i get all the values for both. maybe you guys can help me get in the right direction. this is the command i am using in SQL: SELECT [Chain Machine prod Machine list].Description, [Chain Machine prod Machine list]...

Customer Statement - Footer summary
-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 7/1/2005 11:34:00 AM CDT -- Stephanie Drilling Can you asssit with a report modification issue? (8248456) We are working on the User Defined Statement format. We have national accounts Cash is applied at the parent account level We wanted a statement that provides a detail of the items by child account with subtotal, then in the report footer, a summary of child account with balance. We can get everything but the footer to do what we want. I have enclosed screen prints and the package file of the report. Any i...

Formula to capture worksheet names #2
this is Exactly what I need. I appreciate ya bro -- LowKe ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LowKey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1527 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26897 No problem. Glad it helped. :) Take care -- firefyt ----------------------------------------------------------------------- firefytr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=664 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26897 ...

why are my excel file name colored blue ?
Why are some of my excel files colored blue and some are in black? This occurred after an IT tech servicing was done> "valbwoy" <valbwoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A643AA1-3971-4498-A24D-2C569D330225@microsoft.com... > Why are some of my excel files colored blue and some are in black? This > occurred after an IT tech servicing was done> If this is when you are viewing the files in Windows Explorer, the blue may well mean that the relevant files are compressed. There is an option in Control Panel that allows compressed files to be shown ...

Nz function in query
Hi All, the query below shows an error if any of the date in / date out entries in the table are empty. How can i impiment the Nz function to stop this. SQL from query... SELECT Employees.[First Name], Employees.[Last Name], Format([Normal start Time],"h:nn AMPM") AS ['Normal Start Time], Format([Normal End Time],"h:nn AMPM") AS ['Normal End Time], Format([scan time in],"h:nn AMPM") AS ['Scan Time In], Format([scan time Out],"h:mm AMPM") AS ['Scan Time Out], Format( [Scan Date In],"dddd dd,mm,yyyy") AS ['Scan Date ...

Exchange 2000
Hi all I've recently renamed a user. Now I found that everytime I type that user name in the outlook, it shows me the name like this NewUserName <OldUserName>. I've checked all in the AD, but not found anythings related to the old user. How to correct it? Please help. Thanks BT Just a few points ... 1 - you can delete the names from the autocomplete by highlighting them (use the keyboards arrow keys) and hitting the DEL key. 2 - the <OldUserName> is displayed because that is the user's LegacyDN value. This value can be changed by using adsiedit however if...

in access databse the function date() returns #name
i have created an access data base at access 2003 profisonal and used the function date() it worked properly . but when i have coped my data base at another computer at the same office , the funtion retuned (name#) aW4gQWNjZXNzOyB0aGUgRGF0ZSBmdW5jdGlvbiBkb2Vzbid0IHdvcmsgc29tZXRpbWVzLgoKaXQgd29ya3MgYWxsIHRoZSB0aW1lIGluIFNRTCBTZXJ2ZXI7IGJ1dCB5b3UndmUgZ290IHRvIGNhbGwgaXQKR0VUREFURSgpCgoKCk9uIE1hciA3LCAxMToyNMKgcG0sINmF2K3ZhdivINiq2KfYrCDYp9mE2KPYtdmB2YrYp9ihINin2YTYqNiu2YrYqiDZhdit2YXYryDYp9mE2LPZitivCjxAZGlzY3Vzc2lvbnMubWljcm9zb2Z0LmNvbT4gd3JvdGU6Cj4gaSBoYXZlIGNyZWF0ZWQgYW4gYWNjZXNzIGRhdGEgYmFzZ...

Defining a name
Whats up everyone. Can I have a table array that is dynamic based on a input sheet. For example I have a lookup table that =VLOOKUP(Reference!$E6,CompanyDataQ3,Reference!$F6,FALSE) I would like CompanyDataQ3 to change based on the input sheet. On the input sheet I have Quarter so if quarter on the input sheet is Q3 the lookup table will have =VLOOKUP(Reference!$E6,CompanyDataQ3,Reference!$F6,FALSE) if the quarter on the input sheet is Q4 than the lookup table will hav =VLOOKUP(Reference!$E6,CompanyDataQ4,Reference!$F6,FALSE) Please let me know if this is possible and how to best a...

if function only lets me do 8 ifs
ok here is my scenario.... i want to make a drop down menu for all of my material on an estimate sheet... if i click on one of the materials on the menu i want the 4 columns of info that are related to that product to appear where my drop down is .. ie... material, price, price with tax, price per square foot... some other people tried to help me witht his earlier but one way didnt really apply to me and the other was too advanced for me to understand so i tried this using the if function and i got something like this.. first i made a table on the same sheet with all the 4 columns lets say...

Sort name from specified interval table
Hiiii I am facing a silly problem i think u guys are rescue me from that... My prob like I have two cloum one colum contain Name of person and another coloum contain their salary.I prepared a interval table contain 4 row according to salary range....I have find the name whos salary has on the specified range on ist row of interval table.... Can any one giv the idea about that..Perhaps I tried it VLook up Function...But i faced proble to sort the name from ist colum -- mun04 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mun04's Profile: http://www.excelforum....

Outlook 2007, Cached Mode, name resolution fails
I'm having a similar problem as discussed here: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook/browse_thread/thread/1f521281a6a07fa6/01bdb551c91c034d?lnk=gst&q=cached+mode&rnum=16#01bdb551c91c034d With Outlook 2007 the key for Cached Mode no longer exists. I'm also receiving the following error when I do a check names when I type portions of users display names: "Too many names have been found in the directory service or the server has exceeded its time limit for searching. Type more letteres of the name and try again." I've checked and our OAL is bei...

Public Function to display in text box
Have public function (loaded in the global module) that produces a variable as a double. That all works fine as evidenced by the debug.print method in the immediate window. I desire to have the current value of the variable displayed in a text box. I created a callback function (loaded in global module) that looks like: Public Function GetCurrentWork_GPCI() As Double Dim CurrentWork_GPCI As Double GetCurrentWork_GPCI = CurrentWork_GPCI End Function I can't figure out how to make it display; I've currently got the control source property ...

Shared Calendars not Displaying User Name
Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003, both fully patched and running on XP Pro SP2. Shared calendars added under "Open a shared calendar". Header of calendars only displays "Calendar", not the username of the shared calendar owner. How can I get Outlook to display the username, please. At the moment I have multiple calendars open and they all are headed "Calendar". Not very useful :-( TIA, Bill http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2005/20050809.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for W...

control a sub/function via a dropdown menu
Hello, I have a dropdown menu on a chart. What must I do to control a sub/function depending on the selection of the dropdown menu. To make it clear .. every time I make a selection on the dropdown menu a function should be executed. Hope somebody can help me! Thanks in advance! daMike Mike - The dropdown is a Forms Toolbar dropdown, so you can right click on it to assign a macro. Also, you can link it to a cell, and the cell holds the index of the selected item. So your macro can check the index, then perform the appropriate actions. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP h...

Multiple Data files--two with same name!
I have been having trouble balancing my checking account, and discovered that I have three data files: My Money, My Money0 and My Money0. Yes, two of them appear to have the exact same name. One of the My Money0 files appears to cover the time from my last archive (Jan 2003), while the other two files cover only a portion of that time (Jan 04-Aug 04) and (Jan 03-May 04). How can this happen? Any suggestions on how to fix it? At this point my only idea is to manually cross check all the entries and create a single data file then delete the other two. Any better ideas? In micro...

Separators in Cross Functional Diagrams
I created a swim diagram and added a fill. How do I keep the separators in front? I sent the band to the back, brought the separators forward, and it looks great until I close the document and reopen. Then, the separators don't show up. I changed the translucency of the fill to be able to see them, but I'd like to have them in front. ...

Excel VBA functions
I have learned how to make my own Yield function by writing the code in the VBE window. However, it is saved in my personal macro workbook and everytime I want to use it, I have to type out PERSONAL.MYield.MYield ([arguments]). Is there a way to make it so that I can just type MYield([arguments])? Bonus - Is there another, more user friendly way to make your own functions in Excel? Hi Mokey Check your personal.xls in the VBA editor Tools>References You don't have to type the filename then -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Mokey...

Functions in charts
Is is possible to use functions within charts (for example, if the chart title changes based on the value in a cell)? That way, if the chart data changes, the title also changes to reflect that. Any ideas? On Mar 15, 5:17 pm, "Matt" <MLThorn...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is is possible to use functions within charts (for example, if the > chart title changes based on the value in a cell)? That way, if the > chart data changes, the title also changes to reflect that. > Any ideas? Yes it is. Full instructions are at <a href="http:// office.microsoft.com/en-gb/e...

array function
I'm having trouble making an array. When do you press ctrl-alt-enter -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38390 when you edit the formula, you normally exit edit mode by selecting another cell or hitting Enter. At this point, you should hit Ctrl+SHIFT+enter instead. (SHIFT, not ALT) -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "cutsygurl" <cutsygurl.1rhxmf_1120230340.4504@excelforum-...

What is the function of the MSCREATE.DIR
What is the function of the MSCREATE.DIRs in Office Pro 97? Jack It creates directories during the installation process. "Jack B" <jslimp01nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:%23XbySLS8KHA.3516@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What is the function of the MSCREATE.DIRs in Office Pro 97? > > > Jack > > You need to read about it yourself here: <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/132978> If you still have any problems then please do not hesitate to come back! hth Jack B wrote: > > What is the function of ...

Webservice Function Library in Dexterity
With the new version of Great Plains nearly apon us. I think it would be useful to add functionality to Dexterity to allow developers to call/reference web services directly. In the same way as you have a COM_ libarary. Perhaps a WEBSERVICES_ library would also be useful. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader a...

TIME function used in Excel #2
I'm new to these newsgroups, so I apologize if my etiquette is not appropriate. I'm trying to help a friend whose computer was recently replaced. In his new computer, his custom macro will not run. He gets a "Microsoft Visutal Basic Compile error: Can't find project or library" with the TIME function highlighted. I first suggested using the NOW or DATE function, but he said it creates an additional series of errors. I also tried installing 'Windows Script 5.6' to no avail. Any suggestions on how to get this TIME function to work? Thank you in advance for an...

Function for add different values
I need one function that adds values that are not equal. Like this: 3 3 3 4 4 5 5 I need a formula that will go to add value 3+4+5. Only different numbers between itself. Which are my options? Please refrain from multiposting, you got at least one answer already in the worksheet functions ng -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com <douglasracaixeta@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1146597978.225731.85640@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I need one function that adds values that are not equal. > > Like this: > 3 > 3 > 3 > 4 > 4 > 5 >...

Import external data function
What is the earliest version of Excel that includes the function to import external from an Oracle database? Hi Michael, > What is the earliest version of Excel that includes the function to import > external from an Oracle database? Excel 4, I think, though each version since has done it slightly differently. Excel 4 used the =SQL.REQUEST function, Excel 5 and 95 used a separate addin (via MSQuery) and Excel 97 introduced QueryTables. Regards Stephen Bullen Microsoft MVP - Excel www.oaltd.co.uk ...

excel function to get tab name
On the first tab in my worksheet, I have several cells in a colum in which the cell reference returns the value of cell A1 from the subsequent tabs. For example, the workbook has 10 tabs named Tab1, Tab2...Tab10, and in Tab1, the formula in cell A2 is "=Tab2!A1", and the formula in cell A3 is "=Tab3!A1"....cell A10 is "Tab10!A1". Sometimes, I will add and delete these subsequent tabs (Tab2 through Tab10) and then have to manually re-link the references to A1 on each of these tabs back to the column on Tab1. Is there some way to do this with a relative r...