Transforming Table into Matrix

Hi there,

I hope you can help me.

_*DATA_I_HAVE:*_
*Table * of *3 columns*:
-column 1-: up to 60.000 terms
-column 2:- up to 60.000 terms (mostly the same as in column 1; jus
different order
(column 1 and 2 are representing a connotation)
-column 3-: weighting of connotation

_*AIM:*_
In order to conduct a better evaluation of the data (connotations)
need to *transform * the *Table-Sheet * into a *Matrix*,
- having 2 coordinates: 1 coordinate representing column 1, on
representing column 2
and
- filled data (crossing of the terms) representing the weighting of th
connotation(s)

_*QUESTION:*_
Is there a possibility to handle this with Excel or another tool? I
yes, how?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Pete

--
ewalde
ewaldep's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2856

Align Records from Two Tables in One Report
Hi, I am working on a database to hold schedules for a public transit agency. I have one table called "Trips" with fields such as "Route#," "Trip#," "Stop01Time," "Stop02Time," etc. Another table ("StopsPerRoute") has the stop names for each route. I have set up a report to show the schedule for one route, with trip numbers in one column on the left and stop times in columns on the right. I used DLookup to get the stop names for the route in question, and put them in the page header. Looks great! Now, we break our routes up int...

FP Can't Close Table Message
Does anybody know what causes the FP Can't Close Table message and how to prevent it? Additionally, what does "FP" mean? Thanks -- Charles Allen, MVP FP means "Forms Processor." The subsystem within Dynamics that processes the controls, tables and business logic associated with each form within Dynamics. The reasons for FP's in-ability to close a table can vary widely. If you have a reproducable problem (i.e. it occurs regularly) you should discuss the problem with Dynamics support. "Charles Allen" wrote: > Does anybody know what causes the...

pivot tables #11
Can I put text fields into the data section(centre section) of a pivot table rather than only number fields? Only if you want to count them -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90d501c3ea94$b179e140$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can I put text fields into the data section(centre > section) of a pivot table rather than only number fields? ...

Create Access table with autonumber field?
How can I create an Access table that has an autonumber field? I usually create the sql string and then run it with ExecuteNonQuery(). But I added the AUTONUMBER keyword and it's giving me a syntax error. This is the sql script I'm using: create table myTable (line_id AUTONUMBER, field1 TEXT(50), field2 TEXT(50)) Any help is appreciated. Thanks. "VMI" <VMI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6502B12-BA5E-4BD2-8C7D-BDF0586F4702@microsoft.com... > How can I create an Access table that has an autonumber field? > > I usually cre...

Excel Table/Chart to JPEG for Web
I'm looking for a simple (read cheap) program that I can copy/paste or print into and adjust the pixel count (keeping aspect ratio) and resolution (dpi) for upload to web in jpeg format. Ideas? 1. Use gif or png, which are designed for line art and similar images, not jpg, which is designed for photos and is terrible at line art. 2. If you know VBA, you could use a command like this one from the immediate window or within a procedure: ActiveChart.Export ActiveWorkbook.Path & "\Chart001.png", "PNG" 3. Check out John Walkenbach's Chart Tools utility, a...

Query that will look for duplicate in two tables.
I have two tables that were originaly Excel tables and imported them into Access. Import went well. Both tables consist of columns named - Name, Department Number, Department Name, and Employee ID. I need to compare the two tables and have Access give me the NON duplicates. I ran a Find Unmatched Query using name in both tables. The results showed almost as many records as are in the original two tables. What I noticed it found in one table Smith, John and Smith,John. These are the same people but one person typed the name with the last name and comma space while the other pers...

Auto populate form fields from table
Hi, I would like to automatically populate fields in a form when the user keys in an item code. My form is based on a table (tblDocument) and contains [ItemID], [ItemShort] and [ItemLong] while my source table (tblMaster) contains the same fields. When the user enters the item ID number, I would like to copy the short and long descriptions from master table to the document table. Can anyone advise the best way to do this? I am aware that this is not in line with best normalisation practice. However, we frequently have to modify the fields in the form and then store the modified text in ...

Graph x Data table
I have a problem. My graph doesn't keep the number format of the data table. I want to compare different concentrations as 10 until 10000 using 10 raised to a power of 1, 2, 3 and 4. In the table I've got it, but in the graph the number doesn't stay raised. How is the solution for this problem? Thanks a lot, Sania I would suggest eliminating the data table and building a similar type of table using worksheet cells. The worksheet cells will allow much more flexibility with how the data is shown. Assuming an embedded chart, when you want to copy or print your graph you will ...

Pivot Tables: Unable to Group and Show Detail
I am trying to group a column of dates by year and month, and I've done it before and it's worked fine. But now it's saying "Cannot group on that Selection". I checked the data and it's in date format and there aren't any blank or null values. It seems like this is a bug because I've done it before with the same exact data. Have any of you had this problem? What am I doing wrong? Thanks! Lis Is it possible that some of your dates are actually text that look like dates? Save the file. Then, in a blank cell type =ISNUMBER(A1), where A1 represents one of...

Can you reformat order of items in Pivot Tables after refresh?
When I set up pivot tables for time reporting entries at work, there are often new projects that come in weekly, and every time that I refresh the report, the new items do not show up in alphabetical order in the drop down list (in the Page Field). Do any of you know if it's possible to reformat the order of these items without having to rebuild the report? I'm dealing with about 200 projects, and it becomes very difficult to sort when new projects are added at the bottom while the rest are listed alphabetically. I'd GREATLY appreciate any ideas! : ) Drag the page fi...

Adding fields to account table
I added 3 custom fileds to my account table. I want to add some more but I am concerned that I might run into the 8K limit on record size in SQL Server. When I ran the following query in the MSCRM database, I got back a total record size of 9077 SELECT sum(c.length) FROM syscolumns c JOIN systypes t ON c.xtype=t.xtype WHERE c.id=object_id('account') AND t.name <> 'sysname' This indicates I am already over the limit (if all of the fields were filled to max length). How safe is it to add additional fields in CRM? What happens when I hit the 8K limit on a particular rec...

Question on mapping item table fields when loading items from a fi
I am trying to load an item file from a distributor into RMS. I am confused about where to put the UPC code and the item number. IF I put this Distributors item code, for example ESTT1434 for a certain moodel rocket starter set, in the Item Lookip Code field, where do I put the UPC code? I read on some threads here where Some people said put the UPC code in the ILC field, but then where does the item code go? Mark, Most enter the UPC into the Alias database. Some use the UPC as their ILC, then it becomes the "item code". Disty's code for the item goes into the Supplie...

Notes Table
Hello, I am constructing an extract from Project Accounting tables to Excel to show billing lines from PA_Billing_DTL_WORK ( PA13200) and PA_Billing_DTL_OPEN (PA23200) but am struggling to find the assocaited description notes table. Could anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance Stuart Stuart, First of all, you need to look at the headers for the invoices to get the note index. These are PA13100 and PA23100 respectively. These tie to the details based on the PADocNumber20. Once you have the header, you can get the note column, which is NoteIndx. These notes are...

Pivot table #16
Using 2003 Column A holds WBS codes. Column B holds WBS description. Column C holds manhours for the selected WBS. I want to run a pivot that shows a sum of the manhours for each WBS. When I run the pivot wizard, I get the "number" of WBS codes that hold manhours but not a sum of the manhours. How can I get a sum of manhours per WBS? Glen Hi Glen Double click on the Manhours filed, and select Sum instead of Count -- Regards Roger Govier <glen.e.mettler@lmco.com> wrote in message news:1168533927.695015.278050@o58g2000hsb.googlegroups.com... > Using 2003 > C...

how do i arrange survey data best for a pivot table?
There are pivot table instructions and links on Jon Peltier's web site: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm Mormonchick wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

A get/change next operation on table 'POP_PO' is for an invalid ke
Hi: I am trying to setup PO Enhancement in one company. After marking on Activate Approvals and hitting on OK button, the process runs, but at 2% run it gives me above mentioned error. This is with the one company. Other company is ok, I ran it and worked fine. What could be the reason. Thanks Naseer Ahmed ! I would recommend that you have all users logged out of great plains and then Run Grant.sql which should be on any of the client machines. Having done that, try the process again. If you are still stuck, let me know how you get along with it. "Naseer Ahmed Farooqi" w...

Macros & Tables
I'm doing a project in Access with 2 tables. In the first table each person is assigned an ID Number using "AutoNumber". In the second table, services the client requested are listed using that client's ID Number. My instructions say that there is a way for the ID Number that was assigned in the first table to automatically be entered into the second table using a macro. Can someone tell if it possible to use a macro for this, and if so, how? Thanks! Rather than working directly in the tables, you could do this using a main form to display the Person info, and a subfo...

Frame shows spaces between the table cells.

Excel ODBC driver created table/data not persistent
I connect to an Excel spreadsheet using Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls) 4.00.6305.00 successfully and I am able to create a new table and insert data into the the new table and retrieve the inserted new data successfully. On closing the application however, the new table and its data are gone and the spreadsheet is never updated. Seems like everything is done in memory. I am using autocommit mode and issuing an ODBC SQLEndTran/SQL_COMMIT after both creating the table and inserting the data, as usaul and that works fine with all other ODBC data sources but not the Excel ODBC data...

save access pivot table view as new table
Hi, 1. Is there a way to save Access's pivot table view as a new table. I'm using access 2003 2. Also is there a way to define the option provided in excel pivot tables "For empty cells, show" in Access Pivot table view OR in the cross-tab qery? For the first option you could use a maketable query. But remember a pivot is dynamic so the next time you could have more or less columns. So if you want to use the outcome you have to run the maketable query with every change made in the underlying data. For point 2 I'd advice you to look for the option to add a 0 for the...

GP Extender Tables
In Extender, which database table holds the data for the drop down list type fields? Thanks! ------=_NextPart_0001_29018BE3 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi There Try for the setup table select * from EXT40152 The actual data, it will be stored as a number relating to the Line Item Sequence in the Setup table. select * from EXT00183 Hope this helps David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics mailto:Da...

How to perform xsl Transformation in Memory
I have an database that stores both the XSL and XML data and would like to transform the two upon request from the user. I have created a aspx page that takes the XMLDocID and XSLDocID as parameter. private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { string XML = dsXML.Table[0].Rows[0]["XML"].ToString(); string XML = dsXSL.Table[0].Rows[0]["XSL"].ToString(); string Result = ProcessTrans(XML, XSL); } Private string ProcessTrans(string XML, XSL) { //Not sure how to do this effectively } Anyhelp would be helpful. Thanks On Mo...

Delete Table Names
I've been given a workbook. It has a long list (20+) table names in it. I want to delte them. When I go to name manager, select any table name, the delete button i s greyed out. I've double checked that my workbook, and worksheet(s) are not protected. Any ideas. I'd even be willing to delete them one at a time, any other way. On 5 Jun., 00:11, Treasur2 <Treas...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've been given a workbook. It has a long list (20+) table names in it. = =A0I > want to delte them. When I go to name manager, select any table name, the > de...

Table moves when applying styles
In Word 2007, I draw a table 2" x 2" and center it horizontally. When I apply a table style to it, the table moves to the left margin and I have to recenter it or drag it back to the center. If I reapply the same style or a different style from the ribbon, it again jumps to the left margin. Is there a way to prevent it from moving when I apply a style to it? You could modify the table style to be centered. (In the Modify Style dialog, click Format | Table Properties and choose Center on the Table tab.) -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type F...

Data Validation against table list
Hi, I've got some Excel tables in a spreadsheet and I'd like to add data validation to some other cells so that only those values in the table can be chosen. I know how to do that where the list of choices comes from a named range, but Excel won't let me refer to the table name in the same fashion. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks! hi, 'anonymous' ! > ... I've got some Excel tables in a spreadsheet and I'd like to add data validation to some other cells > so that only those values in the table can be chosen. > I know how to do that where the list of choic...