Transform a Cell from Formula to Number

Is there a way to turn a cell from a formula to the number the formula outputs?
0
Sloth (218)

Copy it to the clipboard, then do Edit>PasteSpceial, click Values

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"Sloth" <Sloth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to turn a cell from a formula to the number the formula
outputs?

0
phillips1 (803)
7/11/2005 3:31:23 PM
Copy the cell. Edit/Paste Special/Values.

In article <76DA206E-CFC3-4E63-9789-69735538E1A7@microsoft.com>,
 "Sloth" <Sloth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to turn a cell from a formula to the number the formula
> outputs?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
7/11/2005 3:31:28 PM
Copy/Paste Special-->Values

"Sloth" <Sloth@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> Is there a way to turn a cell from a formula to the number the formula
> outputs?

0
moi
7/11/2005 3:33:56 PM
Thanks guys.  I love this forum.

"Sloth" wrote:

> Is there a way to turn a cell from a formula to the number the formula outputs?
0
Sloth (218)

numbering
Is there a way to format a cell so that you can put in a 1 and then the next time you print it out that number will change to 2 and so on? ...

Formulas not updating ?
I have a problem with my spreadsheet under Excel XP. The problem has to do with cell references not updating when a row is inserted into the worksheet. The formulas in the cells are relatively simple: =B13 and =DATE(YEAR(B10),MONTH(B10),DAY(B10)+7) I can copy a row and insert it elsewhere or just insert a blank row and the cell references in rows below are not updated in all cases. It seems that rows that are separated from the inserted rows by a blank row are updated. Is this a known issue or does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? The spreadsheet is intended to p...

Wrapping text in a cell
In a single cell, suppose I want text to appear on two lines. Viz: Case One Case Two How do I do that so that I specify the wrap point? Thanks! If you are typing the data into the cell use Alt-Enter between each string to indicate where you want a line break to occur. Case One<Alt-Enter>Case Two Alt + Enter -- Lilliabeth ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lilliabeth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27741 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476428 If you...

adding a leading 0 to only the numbers with 4 digits
I'm converting a bunch of data and during the import Excel dropped the leading zero from all the lip codes. Since this is about 15,000 records, I'd like a way to add a leading zero to only the zip codes with 4 characters. Any ideas? thanks Swamp, Format/Cells/Special/Zip Code Beege "SwampYankee" <johndillworth@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1147451549.294898.147230@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > I'm converting a bunch of data and during the import Excel dropped the > leading zero from all the lip codes. Since this is about 15,000 > records, I&...

Locking Formulas to Cells
I don't know if I am using the correct terminology but this is what want to do: I have placed formulas in multiple columns that calculat my sales numbers for a bid. The problem I am running into is that change the bids for every person and when I clear a cell is clears th formula from it as well. Is there a way for me to clear cells withou deleting the formula I have placed inside it? I know that I can jus grab the first cell in the column and drag it down to re-load th formula in that column but I don't want to have to do that. I want th formulas permenant and the data I enter...

How do I add a hyperlink to an individual word in an Excel cell?
I am using Excel 2000 (not by choice) and I need to add a hyperlink to an individual word within the cell, not the whole cell itself. For example in the sentence "Click here or here to go to the appropriate web page." I want the words "here" to each have a separate hyperlink. Any ideas? I can manage some VBA too if necessary. Thanks, Rosalie Hi Rosalie, You can't do that in Excel. You would have to use HTML or Word or some other means. You could fake it, the entire cell would be a link, but you could after assigning the hyperlink select another...

how can I drag formulas with other cell references
example cell A1 contains formula "=stdev(a2:a7) cell a2 contains formula "=stdev(a8:a13) Is it possible to drag the formula down so that cell a3 contains "=stdev(a14:19) and cell a4 contains "=stdev(a20:a25) and so on for cells a5, a6, a7 etc. etc. Hi Bram, See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm#snkAddr B1: =stdev(OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW()-5,0):OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW(),0)) B2: =stdev(OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW()-5,0):OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW(),0)) It was easier to test and verify using SUM instead of stdev, but the formula is same NOTE the formulas are in a different colu...

Cell Selection?
I have a colum of numbers 198 0 0 198 2 What I need, is to be able to select 3. the 198's are not going to be used in the next part of my equation. That seems simple enough, however all the numbers could be usable (not 198) and I need to use just the first three. Any ideas? One interp / way, using non-array formulas Assuming source numbers in A1 down Put In B1: =IF(COUNT($C$1:C1)>3,"",C1) In C1: =IF(ISERROR(SMALL(D:D,ROW(A1))),"", INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(D:D,ROW(A1)),D:D,0))) In D1: =IF(A1="","",IF(A1=198,"",ROW())) Select B1:D...

Formulas don't work in certain cells #2
nope, the cells are formatted as numbers. I simply cannot figure thi out. -Jorda -- kalik24 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kalik247's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27423 Being formatted as numbers doesn't automatically mean they are numbers. Copy an empty cell formatted to General. Select your range of numbers and Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:59:46 -0600, kalik247 <kalik2...

Changing Titles by a formula
From cell A1:A10 I have standard titles that are linked to another sheet. I only need to change the office and date per each title. Is thier a way to do that making the office and date a formula in another cell? example of title ABC Comp, Office 38L Sales as of 6/07/2004 I need to only keep changeing the 38L and date. Any suggestions----Thanks Say Office # is in Column 'C' in cell A1: ="ABC Comp, Office "&C1&" Sales as of "&Today() ----- Heather wrote: ----- From cell A1:A10 I have standard titles that are linked to ...

Date Range Formula Question
Hello, I'm having trouble with a formula and I'm hoping someone can help. :confused: Sample Data Includes the following: Pay Period Start Pay Period End Pay Period # 12/16/01 12/29/01 26 12/30/01 01/12/02 25 01/13/01 01/26/02 24 01/27/02 02/09/02 23 02/10/02 02/23/02 22 The pay periods continue until there are 26 pay periods for the entire year....

Page Number in Repeat Rows area
Is there a way that I can put a Page Number in the Repeat Rows area of a sheet - and get it to update when I print? I have found one piece of VBA that puts a page number within a cell but it is only updated if the cell is outside the Repeat Row area. When it is within the Repeat Rows area I just get a page number of 1 corresponding to the original row location.. I do some VBA programming but am not an expert. TIA cheers Chris Nothing comes to mind that doesn't require VBA code. You can paste the following in the sheet header (File | Page Setup) and page x of y will print on ea...

sorting formulas
Hi, Ive made a spreadsheet which all the cells accept titles contain look up formula's. I want to be able to do sorts on the columns but it doesnt seem to work. I think its because excel recognises the content of the cells as a formula, but i want it just to see the result of the look up and sort that. Is there anyway to solve this problem? Thanks to all who help. Matt -- m4tt ------------------------------------------------------------------------ m4tt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25835 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/s...

Insert Page Numbers on Worksheet in Excel 2007
In Excel 2003, if you wanted to put page numbers on multiple worksheets in a workbook, you grouped the worksheets and then added a header or footer, using the page number function. All of your grouped worksheets would shows its own page number. But in Excel 2007, only my first worksheet is numbered when I do this (as Page 1). What's the problem? Do I actually have to put a page number, one by one, on each worksheet? I cannot replicate your problem with 2007. Grouped sheets behave exactly as 2003 did. After grouping and adding a header of Page 1 did you do a print p...

if cell in other worksheet meets criteria, then leave blank.
I have data in worksheet A for each month, for each entity. Then I have a summary page which shows just the averages for each entity for each month. Then I need to create a master summary page which shows just the annual average for each entity, just one line per entity. My Summary page shows Jan-Dec in column A. I have a formula averaging the numbers from worksheet A. Jan-Mar is done. But the rest of the year hasn't happened yet, so April's formula results "#DIV/0!". I have already put in all the formulas for the year to be done with it. But I don'...

need to make a formula that would add a field value to current dat
I have made a form in which I input different values. On of the values is (How Many Days). Now I need to a assign a default value, or expression (not sure which way to go about this) that will take the date value for (Date) and add the value (How Many Days) I figured that the formula should read =sum([Date]+[How Many Days]) But that is not giving me any results, thanx for your help in advance =DateDiff("d", Date(), [How Many Days]) -- Wayne Manchester, England. "J Man" wrote: > I have made a form in which I input different values. On of the values is ...

change column name from letters to numbers?
I'm importing a 3rd party CSV file into Excel and then comparing some of the contents to a printed spec. Each numbered field in the spec corresponds to a column in the work sheet. I'd like to change the column headers from letters to numbers. Is that possible? Tools-->Options, General tab. Check the R1C1 Reference Style. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Jerry" <jerry@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:OoyPef$eFHA.3048@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm importing a 3rd party CSV file into Excel and then comparing ...

number of results columns doesnt match table defintion
This is the error I get when among other things, I try to print a financial report. Actually the error popup says "A get/change operation on table 'GL_Options_ROPT' failed accessing SQL data", the more button reveals the number of columns error description. This database was restored by copying the sql folder from a previous installation into the new servers sql folder. Thanks. shawn modersohn wrote: > This is the error I get when among other things, I try to print a > financial report. Actually the error popup says "A get/change operation > on ta...

Fill cells with interpolated values
Hi What is the easiest way to fill cells with linear interpolated values ? e.g. i have value 5 in cell A1, and value 15 in cell A6. Cells A2 ... A5 should now be filles with 7, 9, 11, 13. of course, it's not a big deal to write a formula for interpolation, but maybe there is more simple way, (just by some mouse clicks....?) Biff Select the range A1:A6 with your start and stop value in their respective cells, and then do Edit / Fill / Series / Trend / Linear -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/...

Changing of range (Address) to (Cell)
Hi people I have encounter a problem with the use of range From a recorded macro, it's listed this way ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Trend").Range("A1:M2,A24:M28"), PlotBy:=xlRow And I edit it to this way ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Trend").Range("A1:M2," & Cells(StartX, StartY), Cells(LastX, LastY)), PlotBy:=xlRow And obviously VBA compiler won't let me go this easily, it happen to give an "evil-comment" on my source range, May i know how can i solve this Thank You Hi Kaiyang, Try this, assuming the...

SOP Original Number on RM Detail Hist Aged Trial Balance
I'm trying to add the SOP Original Number (SOP Order Number) to the RM Detail Historical Aged Trial Balance. I've linked the Sales Transaction History Table to the RM_HATB_Document_TEMP table. I then added a dummy Restriction where Original Number = Origianl Number. However, every time I try to run this new report, I still get the following error: Inconsistent restriction/sort expression. Please add the following restriction 'D03304Original Num = D03304Original Num'. Has anyone successfully added this field to this report? What am I doing wrong? I was able to link...

Extracting the month that a date refers to in another cell
In cell A1 I have the date 3/15/2003 (no formatting). In cell B1 I have the formula =year(A1). The year shows correctly as 2003. In cell C1 I have the formula =text(weekday(A1),"ddd"). The text shows as "Sat" which is correct. In cell D1 I have the formula =month(A1) which correctly shows '3'. I attempted to use =text(month(A1),"mmm") in cell D1, but it shows as "Jan". Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? TIA, Alan =TEXT(A1,"mmm") for 3-letter month name and =TEXT(A1,"ddd") for 3-letter day name. where A1 houses a...

How to add a drop down menu to a cell
How to add a drop down menu to a cell? hi, you don't add it to a cell. It's a control in the toolbox and it sits on top of the sheet. Tools>customize>toolbar tab>select control toolbox. it's called a combo box. click it and drag it to the sheet. for more help on combo boxes, type combo box in help. >-----Original Message----- >How to add a drop down menu to a cell? >. > You can do it. Take a look at Data>Validation, see this site for full details http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing d...

Show formula result in another sheet
sheet1 A:A contains a formula with some cells returning a value sheet2 A:A references sheet1 A:A with a simple formula: =sheet1!A1 above formula filled down in sheet2 A:A the problem is it is not showing the results from sheet1 anyone know why that should be? Sorry false alarm, I had calculation set to manual. Results are coming back as they should. Red faces all round. "Gotroots" wrote: > sheet1 A:A contains a formula with some cells returning a value > > sheet2 A:A references sheet1 A:A with a simple formula: > > =sheet1!A1 > ...

Day names in Calendar weekly view cells.
How does one display the days of the week, as well as the dates, in the title bars of the date cells in Weekly View of Outlook 2003 Calendar? It seems that an 'alternate calendar' of weekday names would do the trick if there's no simple setting that I've missed. Thanks, -- Michael H ...