Transfer Macro in Excel

I am trying to transfer informtion in one sheet to another sheet in the
same workbook. I have a macro to process this information from the
first sheet to the second. I keep getting an error in this Process
macro at the line.
Application.Goto REFERENCE:=Range("END")

The first sheet is called ProblemSheet and the second sheet is called
Processed. The line above is taken from the process macro on the
ProblemSheet page. Do I have to name a certain cell as "END" on either
sheet? Any help with this would be really appreciated.

---

>>Do I have to name a certain cell as "END" on either sheet?

In order for your code to work there must be a cell or range of cells named
"end" on some worksheet in the active workbook.  Use Insert, Name, Define
(or Ctrl-F3) to create a named range.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP

0
jrrech (1932)

Corupt excel file ???
I have a excel file that seems to want to open, but then when it is done opening, There is no data or blank sheet. It goes though the possess and say's at the bottom ready opening but then there is nothing and the screen look's like I just opened Excel but no spread sheet. I then can go to file open another sheet and it works. (Not the one I wont) any body help. of coarse we don�t have a backup??? Email: bhogan@emediaofli.com --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ First, check to see if the file is actually loaded. Click on Window and see if it appears at the bottom o...

Can Excel generate a 3-D scatter plot?
I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? Hi Andy Pope has 'tricked' one: http://andypope.info/charts/3drotate.htm But you probably go for MathCad :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "zzzfizz" <zzzfizz@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:BA2BEAB6-63E1-46E7-816F-B282C590C3D9@microsoft.com... > I want to generate surface plots of the form (x,y,f(x,y)). Should I just go > buy MathCAD, or can Excel manage this? ...

Excel toolbar button
Is it possible to add a toolbar button to MS Excel programatiacally?, without opening excel?. Is it possible to add a toolbar button to MS Excel programatiacally?, without opening excel?, and link it to a macro that already exists in a file? ...

Excel VB-Copy formula down until adjacent cell (left) is blank?
Here is exactly what I am trying to do through VB in Excel: Weekly data pull fills colums A:G. Row count is always different. I am modifying the data pull through VB, and I have a VLOOKUP formula in cell H2. What I want VB to do is copy that formula down column H to the last row (with data) each week. I guess I want it to be dynamic so that as rows decrease/increase the formula is only copied down to the final row/record. I know someone out of this smart group will know how to do this! Thanks in advance! Tony (pseudo code) in a macro .... dim lngLastrow as long dim rngTarget...

Macro Function
How do I create a new function in Excel? -- Tomas Hi Thomas, You can have a look at this link: http://www.exceltip.com/st/Writing_Your_First_VBA_Function_in_Excel/631.html Regards, Bondi THANKS!!!! Very good tip -- Tomas "Bondi" skrev: > Hi Thomas, > > You can have a look at this link: > > http://www.exceltip.com/st/Writing_Your_First_VBA_Function_in_Excel/631.html > > Regards, > Bondi > > ...

Macro is not logging out of Great Plains
I created a macro to login, run checklinks and then log out. I set it up in the Task Scheduler on my system to run after hours, using a bat file. It worked for several months, and then in January it didn't finish the macro and log out. I would come in the morning, and I would still be logged in and the scheduled task was still running. I had to end task and delete my login in Great Plains. I have tried recreating the macro, I have tried running it on the server, and I am still having the same problem. In most cases, the report is generated - so I know the checklinks are finishing...

Faulting application error in excel
I have a PC that keeps getting a crash in excel. It repeats with the same error each time in the event viewer: Faulting application excel.exe, version 11.0.8324.0, stamp 4bc93a36, faulting module excel.exe, version 11.0.8324.0, stamp 4bc93a36, debug? 0, fault address 0x000b035a. I have tried a repair install. A remove and reinstall. Along with steps to remove the excel profile. The crash happens about every other day and sometimes a couple times or more each day. Any ideas? Thank you, Jason This is a guess and may not work, but ... I've read (somewhere) that most causes of crash...

Excel VBA
Hi again, I have enclosed a timesheet which i want to break down the day activities by a percentage, so if my sheet says an activity took a hour then the day column would tell you percentage of a seven hou day. Also i want the date column date to change each day. Currently it work for one day but then the next day it changes all the above cells to th current date. I have attached the file Cheers Stev Attachment filename: book2.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=56396 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/april/04) data converts.
In excel when inputting dates 10/4/04 (10/April/2004) excel converts this to 4/10/04 (4/October/2004) Where can I change the input characteristics. I have changed the date format to English (UK) and this works when I input the date in the American format mm/dd/yy but I want to input in the dd/mm/yy format I think I'd try chaning my windows regional settings. In win98, I'd get to it via: Windows start button|Settings|control Panel|regional settings applet Date Tab Change the short date format to dd/mm/yyyy (I like 4 digit dates--you don't have to use that part--but put it in d...

Excel 2002 Template Wizard
Doe anyone know if the Excel 2002 Template Wizard add-in will work in Excel 2003? I don't use xl2003, but I've seen posts that say that it does. John Fox wrote: > > Doe anyone know if the Excel 2002 Template Wizard add-in > will work in Excel 2003? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

How to represent a column in Excel
Hi, everyone I currently have a formula. {=SUM(IF((Data!G2:G75="Verified")*(Data!K2:K75<=7),1,0))} However, the length of both column G and K are not fixed. The data is retrieved from a remote database. Is there any other way to represent it ? Thanks One quick-and-dirty way is to just do the whole column, x`like: > {=SUM(IF((Data!G2:G65536="Verified")*(Data!K2:K65536<=7),1,0))} It won't be appropriate for Excel 2007, but is there any chance at all you'll actually fill the sheet to row 65536? It's also considered somewhat sloppy, but you'...

Macro
Is it possible to add a macro as a custom POS button? Thank you, Sylvain ...

Printing EXCEL items in WORD
Excel seems to work better for tables than WORD's tables; yet when a table created in EXCEL is copied and pasted into a WORD document I caannot get the gridlines to print. Even thouigh in EXCEL the print gridlines instructions are checked. What should I do? I've always apply borders--either in Excel or in Word. In Word: select a cell in the table Table|Select|Table Format|borders and shading|borders tab check the All icon. The gridlines in Word don't print. Word's help says to use borders. (I just checked.) Old Red One wrote: > > Excel seems to work bett...

Transferring Outlook Profiles
Concerning transferring Outlook accounts. I am currently re-imaging several shared workstations and hoping to simply transfer users Outlook profiles from the old pc’s to the new ones (rather than having to recreate 20+ profiles manually). I have already tried transferring the old C:\Documents and Settings\xxxxx\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder to the new workstations without success. Does anyone know if what I am attempting is even possible? My guess is it’s going to take more than simply copying a folder over to get these profiles transferred (if it can even be done). Than...

Macro for checkbox (2) #2
Hi Still does not work new message is Sub or function not defined. I normaly just record macros so this is a bid more of a chalange Sub Macro1() ' ' If CheckBoxes(46).Value = True Then Range("O54").FormulaR1C1 = "50000" Range("T54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("Y54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AD54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AI54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AN54").FormulaR1C1 = "4000" Range("AS54").FormulaR1C1 = "...

Outlook
We are on Exchange 2007, Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007. A users sends a specific spreadsheet to multiple users 2-3 times a week. About once a week, one of the users tries to open the file and it is corrupted. The original file is 18K but after he attempts to open it, it reduces to 4K. If he tries to forward the message, it goes out corrupted. If he saves the file first, it is fine. But it still becomes corrupted if he tries to open from the attachment. We all use the same anti-virus and this is the only Excel document he has the problem with. He receives many from various source...

Excel Add-In loading
Under Windows XP and Office 2003, I have installed an Add-In (xla) and copied it to the XLStart folder. I can load the Add-In fine, but when I close Excel, the menu item disappears. Is there any way to load the Add-In so that I don't have to manually load it each time I close and restart Excel? I did not have this problem on Windows 2000. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "xlpuzzled" <xlpuzzled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E300657-3184-4C41-A201-6D110E26D6C3@microsoft.com... > Under Windows XP and Of...

Excel 2007 Page numbering
Is there a way in 2007 to consectively number all the sheets beginning with one (1) until ....? Thank you in advance for your help. Do you mean consecutive page numbers when printing more than one worksheet? Select the sheets to print using CTRL + click or Shift + click Then set up the header or footer with &[Page] The selected sheets will print consecutively page-numbered. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 14:09:01 -0800, Dottie <Dottie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way in 2007 to consectively number all the sheets beginning with >one (1)...

How do I hide text beyond the last column in Excel?
In the last column of spreadsheet, if the text goes beyond the column boundary, how is the text truncated in the next cell. I know you can enter blanks in the next column, and that will achieve the desired effect, but that's not an optimal solution for us. Could you just hide all of the columns to the right of those cells? Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "GetVigilant-Jon" wrote: > In the last column of spreadsheet, if the text goes beyond the column > boundary, how is the text truncated in the next cell. I know you can enter > blanks in the next colum...

Excel reporting alternatives
Hi, I am part of a team currently looking for alternatives to replace Vision XL which our Finance team uses for ad-hoc reporting in Great Plains version 8. Although I am still seeking clarification I believe that Vision XL will not work with GP 10 or Office 2007 which we will soon be upgrading too hence a need for a replacement. My team will be writing sql reports using visual studio etc but our Finance team are rather hoping that they can continue using some kind of excel reporting tool, any ideas would be most hopeful. Kind regards Matthew Carpenter Hi Mathew One of the benfits of ...

ayuda con formula excel
quiero saber se me puede ayudar en eso praticamente yo quiero una formula da enserir an la celda CANCELLARE (mira foto para entender) http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2152/89861598.jpg [img=http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2152/89861598.th.jpg] que quando uno presiona la tecla CANCELLARE se borre todo el contenido de la linea detras de CANCELLARE o vero ( C9-D9-E9-F9-G9-H9 ) y trambien se tendrian que borrar en la hoja (tabla de datos ) donde estan lo mismo valore de ( C9-D9-E9-F9-G9-H9 ) o vero ( A7-B7-C7-D7-E7- F7-G7 )( mira la foto abajo ) http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9799/32649272.jp...

Data validation causing problems when using a data form in Excel 2
I have an Excel 2007 workbook that includes data validation set on a number of cells. When using a data form to enter data and I enter an invalid value on the form field corresponding to one of those cells I receive the validation error dialogue that prompts me to retry. I enter the correct data into that field on the form then close the form. My worksheet only has the data relating to the corrected field entered. All other data entered via the form is not entered onto the worksheet. Is this a bug in Excel 2007? I previously was using Excel 2002 and found that when using a ...

Outlook (and Excel) stops working after MSXML installation
I installed MSXML 4.0 as per the "critical updates" message on my W98 today. After re-boot, when I try to open Outlook I get message "Unable to open your defauilt mail folder - the information store could not be opened" and then "Would you like to open your default file system folder instead?" - this is no good and I can't find anything. I can't open Excel either, I get messages about Visual Basic and when I close it, I get message "This process will stop the debugger". I now have a shortcut on my desktop "Microsoft MXL 4.0 parser&...

Project data and time imported into Excel
Hi I am exporting date fields from Microsoft Project into Excel, the problem I am having is finding a way of getting rid of the time portion as it is interferring with the calculation. I understand that a date and time is stored as a double, the integer part is the date and the decimal part is the time. I would like to easily remove the decimal part of the imported part. Any help would be good. thanks daryl You might want to split the time and date into two separate columns. If your date/time is in A1, you can split them like this: B1: =INT(A1) C1: =MOD(A1,1) Format the cell...

Linking Access data to Excel
Hi folks, I have an Access 2000 database and need to use output from queries to populate worksheets in Excel (also 2000), to allow me to then carry out calculations on the data. I need to be able to overwrite the data, so built the spreadsheet formatting around the query output structure, and put all calculations in place, before creating links to the queries - I did this by selecting the query in Access, copying using Copy, then switching into Excel and creating links via Edit>Paste Special>Paste links. I initially built an empty database, i.e. built the structure, based on an...