Transfer information from column

Excel 2007
I have a large spreadsheet that was exported from a accounting file.  There
are four columns with addresses, (add 1, add 2...), I would like to be able
to take this information and move it into one column without re-doing all the
information.  If I can do this, I will be able to wrap the text to fit on the
same page.

Sub put4columnsinto1()
dim i as integer
dim dlr as long
dim lr as long

For i = 2 To 4
dlr = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
lr = Cells(Rows.Count, i).End(xlUp).Row
  Cells(1, i).Resize(lr).Copy Cells(dlr, 1)
Next i
End Sub

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"Canon" <Canon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Excel 2007
> I have a large spreadsheet that was exported from a accounting file.
> There
> are four columns with addresses, (add 1, add 2...), I would like to be
> able
> to take this information and move it into one column without re-doing all
> the
> information.  If I can do this, I will be able to wrap the text to fit on
> the
> same page.

0
Don
4/12/2010 12:49:30 PM
WOW!
What does that mean?  Can I copy and paste this somewhere?

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&q=excel%3Anew+to+macros&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

--
> WOW!
> What does that mean?  Can I copy and paste this somewhere?
>
> "Don Guillett" wrote:
>
>> Sub put4columnsinto1()
>> dim i as integer
>> dim dlr as long
>> dim lr as long
>>
>> For i = 2 To 4
>> dlr = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row + 1
>> lr = Cells(Rows.Count, i).End(xlUp).Row
>>   Cells(1, i).Resize(lr).Copy Cells(dlr, 1)
>> Next i
>> End Sub
>>
>> --
>> Don Guillett
>> Microsoft MVP Excel
>> SalesAid Software
>> dguillett@gmail.com
>> "Canon" <Canon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Excel 2007
>> > I have a large spreadsheet that was exported from a accounting file.
>> > There
>> > are four columns with addresses, (add 1, add 2...), I would like to be
>> > able
>> > to take this information and move it into one column without re-doing
>> > all
>> > the
>> > information.  If I can do this, I will be able to wrap the text to fit
>> > on
>> > the
>> > same page.
>>
>> .

0
Don

Help with column
I have a datafeed that comes to me everyday i need to format one column of around 1000 rows so it multiples the total column but a 1000 so getting rid of the decimal point i.e =A3100.00 becoming 10000 , i also need to do this using a macro. can anyone help=20 Regards=20 Paul Dim iLastRow As Long Dim i As Long iLastRow = Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row For i = 1 To iLastRow Cells(i, "A").Value = Cells(i, "A").Value * 100 Next i -- HTH Bob Phillips "lennymos123" <paul@palo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1115651206....

How do I pivot a range of cells, i.e. from column to row?
How do I pivot/transpose the data from a range of cells from, say, a column to a row? I imagine it should be very simple, but I haven't found out how yet. For instance: row# 1 data 1 2 data 2 3 data 3 4 data 4 to column# 1 2 3 4 data1 data2 data3 data4 ...

How do I replicate calendar, task information between profiles
hi, I have several profiles in my outlook, each for a POP email account. However, I would like to share the information in the calendar and task for all the profile. Is it possible? thanks! "silverfish" <tommytwh@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1138154105.474995.116390@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > hi, > > I have several profiles in my outlook, each for a POP email account. > However, I would like to share the information in the calendar and task > for all the profile. Is it possible? > > thanks! > See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshar...

SUM cells in column based upon criteria in two others.
Can not seem to put together a formula that accomplishes the following: Column J contains contributions by individuals for 2010 Column I contains contributions by individuals made in 2009 Column N contains an indicator (+ - or 0) of the increase or decrease over the two years Column P contains a designation of which members are new members. I need a formula that looks at column I cells against column J cells, totals the contributions made be each of the criteria in column N, but does NOT include those with any designation in column P. Example of the data: I ...

recalling credit card transaction information
Can anyone tell me how toget the cardholders name from the retail management system. We are using the intigrated credit card processor and Citibank. I just got a note from the chargeback department and they want the cardholders name. I have no clue how to get that information. Thanks, Larry unfortuately you will have to find the signature on the receipt. RMS does not capture the name :( "Larry Jenuwine" <LarryJenuwine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB1BA2C8-CC0D-40ED-9310-C2BE9CB81269@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me how toget the cardho...

Creating column
I would like to create a column that automatically adds one for each row. Ex. 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 Hi, Type 2001 in any one cell (say G1) and then in G2, type =G1+1. COpy this formula down -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP "AAA1986" <AAA1986@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6850AC6B-AD98-4AE3-9ABA-D81D06583052@microsoft.com... > I would like to create a column that automatically adds one for each row. > > Ex. 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 ...

Disable "Quotes, News and other Information" in update now.
I'm using Money 2006 stand alone without passport.net. When in Money and choosing Connect to Bank/Update Now (update online information), I'm given two options by check marks: Quotes, News and other information and Account Transactions. I want to permanently disable the Quotes, News and other information category. If I uncheck the box, it always comes back the next time when I update. I want to uncheck the box and keep it unchecked so as to move forward with only the Account Transactions in a timely manner. Is there a place where I can make this permanent change? Thanks! -- Paulie.....

Free/Busy information only displayed from 1/1/05 to 3/1/05
Since the beginning of the year, the Free/Busy window for almost ALL of my (800+) users is 'stuck' at 1/1/05 through 3/1/05. Most users publish 2 month's worth of free/busy from Outlook, so I should see one month prior to today's date and two months ahead. If a user increases the # of months published in outlook, the free/busy time is adjusted to 1/1/05 through the correct month, so I know that _some_ level of communication is happening between outlook and exchange. I run a mixed exch5.5 and exch2003 environment. Most clients are outlook 2000 or 2003. The problem oc...

Dropbox on each cell of column
Is it possible to have a dropbox appear on each line of a column similar to having a combo box on a form in the datasheet view in Access? Yes there is. If you open the "Forms" tool bar, you can select either a drop down box or a list box. Once you place it on your sheet, right click on it and select "format control", then select the "control" tab. The top line (input range) points to the row or column of cells that you want to appear within the box. The second line (cell range) points to a cell in which a number will appear based on what line within the inp...

Why doesn't the code create a column stacked chart?
Hi again...im sorry to ask for help so much, but charts vba is tricky ... I try to create a column stacked chart of three bars containing each three different values, much like Andy Pope's http://andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm The CHT_21QSBA_S, CHT_21QSBA_B and CHT_21QSBA_A ranges are each three different cells (name CHT_21QSBA_S = A1,B5,Q3) and I thought this together with stating charttype=xlcolumnstacked should create a stacked chart - but it make 9 bars instead... Why? .... Set cht = ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("R_Q_" & Sheet1.Range("RAPP_TILLF").Value ...

Sorting Columns on HTML file created in Excel
Hi.. I'm not sure if I'm just searching for the wrong words, but can't find the answer to this.. I've created an excel file, about 15 columns.. In excel, I can sort the columns easily, but, I've saved the file as HTML now. How can I make it that those columns can still be sortable on the internet? Is there special code I need to put somewhere? I've seen javascript codes that can do this, but I would like to do it all via excel if possible. Any help appreciated! Thanks, -- Rob Hi Terri and Rob, You could include the JavaScript (Bookmarklet) within your HTML cod...

How to Add Columns to "Blank" MS Project?
Is there a way to add columns to "Blank" project that comes up when I click on File/New? I want to always have Text1, Text2, etc with the names Renamed on every Project file I open. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01CAC558.64747C70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi TKGerdie, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) The best way is to set up a project as you want it and then save it as a = template. Please see FAQ Item: 8. New Project Template. ...

Re: how do I export "user-defined" fields and information into excel?
Export Contacts Items from Office Outlook - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/EM102566171033.aspx Contacts Exporter for Microsoft Exchange Server is small utility specially designed for Microsoft Outlook users to export Contacts Items from any Microsoft Office Outlook and/or Microsoft Exchange Public Contacts Folder (or private Mailbox folder) to Microsoft Office Access table or Microsoft Office Excel file. http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imice.htm "IMI Contact Exporter" export contacts from ANY folder, including shared and public folders.. | "gayle&...

How do I transfer OLEXP folders?
I have to computers, one which I just had to format because of endless problems. Now I want to get my Outlook Express set back up, is there any way I can transfer folders and messages from one Outlook Express 6 to another Outlook Express 6 on a network? I tried the Export option and got this messages "An error occurred while initalizing MAPI. Any help??? "Kevin" <carrottop_15@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ac7b01c43693$89a28b40$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have to computers, one which I just had to format > because of endless problems. Now I want to get my Ou...

Ref Transfering Info from a table
I don't know if I'm asking the impossible here but I'll give it a try. I have a excel program which I am trying to set up a function whereby it will create a work rota based on a shift pattern. It currently will create a table with staff names on it and there shift pattern for a given week. What I am trying to do is let the user select shift pattern 1 for example and have excel transfer this onto the rota but place the name instead of shift in the appropriate shift. ie If I select shift 1 it will place name A onto the early shift and place A on the Day off line whi...

Business Contacts
Just found this site - exciting to learn from the experts! I have a long list of business contacts sorted by Accounts. Unfortunately, I clicked the Accounts column while in the Business Contacts view, and all those accounts disappeared from the column. Now all my contacts are ungrouped (over 3,000). Each individual contact still retains its Linked Account designation, but those accounts are no longer organized via that filter. Can anyone help with bringing back that category to my Business Contacts view? I hope this explanation makes sense. Thanks so much in advance. . Sub...

wmp10 "choose columns" greyed out
This may be a duplicate post. My computer crashed while I was posting it, so I don't know if it went through. Anyway, my problem is with WMP10. There used to be an option to see the song titles (probably an older version), and I don't see that anymore. Under "All music" there is "Artist/Album" and all I see is the artist. I went to "View" to try and add columns, and the option for "choose columns" is greyed out. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm not too familiar with WMP (was using WINAMP) so any help would be appreciated. ...

Print Tracking Information
In Outlook 2007, is there a way (or a work-around) to print the tracking information when someone sends a calendar invitation? I tried copying it into Excel, but that only pastes the name. I want all the information to print. Thanks for any ideas. Taking a screenshot will work. FWIW; Outlook 2010 will allow you to easily copy this information to the Clipboard so you can paste it into another application. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook....

how to merge data from multiple columns to one column
I have first, middle, and last name in different columns. How do I merge these three into one column? Try... =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 for the format John T. Smith OR =C1&", "&A1&" "&B1 for the format Smith, John T. Hope this helps! In article <24D1088D-0AB1-4910-BF0E-37D8D7A4C056@microsoft.com>, "w8ting4hlp" <w8ting4hlp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have first, middle, and last name in different columns. How do I merge > these three into one column? ...

Cell Greater Than Cell in Adjacent Column
A B C D 1 112.44 106.92 Y is A1>B4 2 104.90 96.03 N is A2>B4 3 109.71 103.46 N is A3>B4 4 115.74 111.50 Y is A4>B8 5 111.55 110.40 N is A5>B8 6 112.85 112.56 N is A6>B8 7 113.27 113.80 N is A7>B8 8 118.58 114.59 Y is A8>B9 9 118.25 115.85 Y is A9>B12 10 99.75 115.83 N is A10>B12 11 100.25 104.14 N is A11>B12 12 103.69 101.00 Y is A12>B13 13 103.58 99.84 Y is A13>B14 14 107.99 100.75 Y is A14>B15 15 106.33 104.27 I have two columns to which data is entered at the top by inserting a blank row and then adding the data points. The formula that I would ...

One cell from several sheets to one column
I have a spreadsheet with over 200 tabs/worksheets. I want to copy the same cell from every worksheet into one sheet into a single column. The worksheets have unique names. Is a macro the easiest way to move the data? If so, how can I set the macro up to go through each tab, so I don't have to go to each tab and run the macro separately? Thanks, Kel Examples of sheet names and what cell you want? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------------------------------------...

Rows and Columns
I am using Excel XP Each worksheet has 65,536 rows and 256 columns according to specifications. Is there a way to change these number to a smaller amount? I know I can hide rows and columns, but wondering if I can not have them to start them. TIA Bill The short answer is NO. Just don't format more than you need. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "EZDOIT" <Please@smile.com> wrote in message news:dxupc.98556$Ik.7697285@attbi_s53... > I am using Excel XP > > Each worksheet has 65,536 rows and 256 columns according to specifications. > >...

I have a column of data and I'd like to transpose it to go across.
I have a column of data going down that I'd like to transpose to go across the page so that I can add this info to data going across the page. I mean for example, I have data Jan, Feb, Mar, going down the page and I'd like them to be going across like 1st Month, 2nd Month, 3rd Month etc., but they are going from top to bottom and I want them to go from right to left. I tried the Transpose function, however, when I went to click on the arrow to the Right of PASTE, there was no arrow. Any suggestions?? John Copy the data, right click in Cell where you want to begin paste, sel...

Failed to hide column with message "cannot shift object off sheet"
Hi, I've a Excel 2000 worksheet that has 173 columns (A to FQ) with comments in a number of cells. I can't hide columns (say E:BW) with error message "cannot shift object off sheet". I searched into Microsoft Knowledgebase and found article 211769. I followed the resolution but stopped at step "3." where I can't find "Comment" of Format menu. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem? Thanks, Frankie What is in columns FR through IV? If nothing, columns FR:IV and Right-click on a selected columns header - select "Delete. -- HTH...

Extract Contact Information direct from Exchange Database
Hi Is there a way to extract Contact details direct from the edb file? I know you can use Exmerge to PST mailboxes but am after searching a particular users contact items for a particular set of contact details only. Is this possible to do with Exmerge or any other facility? We have looked at using the Backup software to restore to a dummy mailbox but wondered if there is a facility we can use before going down that route. We don't want the user to know that this is happened, it is sensitive. We are also still on Exchange 5.5, NT4 SP6a. Thanks for any help nmcl72@blueyonder.co.uk ...