Transfer data from sheet to sheet

I'm currently working on a quotation and I have 3 seperate worksheets I'm
working with.

Sheet 1 has all the model name, elevation, part description, quantity, cost
per piece and total. This worksheet is for internal use only.

Sheet 2 has all the products and prices listed. (Probably has no purpose for
my question)

Now Sheet 3 is where I am trying to pull only certain data from Sheet 1.
What I am trying to do is transfer only the columns labeled "model name",
"elevation" and "total" Obviously the easy way to do it is to just cut and
paste but since we will be continuing to use this worksheet as  standard
format, we want to stay away from cutting and pasting. Plus the other problem
with that is that the column that has the total has a formula which
calculates a few of the other columns to give that total therefore cutting
and pasting a formala won't work on my 3rd worksheet.

Is there a way to have the third worksheet set so that whatever data is
entered onto Sheet 1, Sheet 3 will have to same data minus the unwanted
columns?

I have tried to use the PivotTable function but it doesn't seem to be
working for me. I have read up on several resourses about the PivotTable
function and was convinced that this is where I am supposed to be but
everything I have tried hasn't given me the right table that I am looking for.

Anybody's help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
0
Jenn (91)

In sheet three click on the cell where you want information from sheet 1,
type = and then click on the cell you want to information from on sheet one
and hit enter.  This will put a formula referring to the item in sheet 1.

"Jenn" wrote:

> I'm currently working on a quotation and I have 3 seperate worksheets I'm
> working with.
>
> Sheet 1 has all the model name, elevation, part description, quantity, cost
> per piece and total. This worksheet is for internal use only.
>
> Sheet 2 has all the products and prices listed. (Probably has no purpose for
> my question)
>
> Now Sheet 3 is where I am trying to pull only certain data from Sheet 1.
> What I am trying to do is transfer only the columns labeled "model name",
> "elevation" and "total" Obviously the easy way to do it is to just cut and
> paste but since we will be continuing to use this worksheet as  standard
> format, we want to stay away from cutting and pasting. Plus the other problem
> with that is that the column that has the total has a formula which
> calculates a few of the other columns to give that total therefore cutting
> and pasting a formala won't work on my 3rd worksheet.
>
> Is there a way to have the third worksheet set so that whatever data is
> entered onto Sheet 1, Sheet 3 will have to same data minus the unwanted
> columns?
>
> I have tried to use the PivotTable function but it doesn't seem to be
> working for me. I have read up on several resourses about the PivotTable
> function and was convinced that this is where I am supposed to be but
> everything I have tried hasn't given me the right table that I am looking for.
>
> Anybody's help would be GREATLY appreciated.
>
> Thank you in advance.
0
GaryRowe (86)

Copy data ONLY from a function cell
I want to copy and paste the data derived a function in a cell. If I copy the cell, it will carry the function with it. Is there a way I can copy only the data (i.e. 98.26) and not the function with it (i.e. =AVERAGE(I3:I6)) to paste into another cell or non-excel document? Thanks in advance. copy>paste special>values -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "AAA1986" <AAA1986@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8F0D2D9-39F0-436B-9202-0D7E604B59D3@microsoft.com... >I want to copy and paste the d...

Making an entry in a cell change the name of a sheet
Is anyone aware of a way to make data entered into a cell change the name of the sheet? For example if you have a file with many sheets and you'd like the name of the sheet to become the name of a certain date that was entered into a particular cell. Many Thanks :-) Mr. Bungle The macro below will do what you want. Right-click on the sheet tab, select View Code, and paste this macro into the module displayed. X-out to return to the worksheet. As written, the cell with the date is A1 and the date format for the subsequent sheet name is "mmm d yyyy". Change these as need...

SFO: missing data after second sync
Hi! 1)After installing SFO and initial sync all data is available offline. 2)Going online 3)After going offline second time data is missing, toolbar is visible. German CRM Environment: CRM Server 1.2 + Featurepack + patches Clients XP SP2 + Office 2k + CRM hotfixes TIA Stefan have you tried going back online then offline again? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Stefan Rauchegger" <s.rauchegger@gmx.at> wrote in message news:546759ad.0410140026.1ed69ff0@posting.google.com... > Hi! > > ...

Lifetime Planner, transferring from one CD to another results in tax on withdrawls
Hello, All I'm doing is creating a new CD, because my last one expired and I wanted to find another with a better return, so I created a new CD as an Investment Account with zero balance, then transferred funds from the original CD to the new one. This is a taxable account, and I didn't even show any interest gain, but the transfer seems to be treated as an early withdrawal. Any ideas? Thanks much. Michael ...

Help, importing most current data from web query
I have the following code but how do i edit this macro that will allo me to do a web query on the most recent data. For example, I just nee the high, low, close of stock X as of Feb 27th. So on the web query, only need the following data in my sheet: Date Open High LowClose Volume Adj. Close* Feb-26-04 49.7 50.8249.2950.5 3,342,100 50.5 Thanks in advance and any help is appreciated. Sub Stock1() Dim CoSym As String CoSym = Worksheets("Main").Range("C3").Value With Sheets("Stock 1").QueryTables(1) .Connection = _ "URL;http://table.finance.yahoo.com/k?s=...

data sort is not including all columns in sort
I have a list with name, company, address, city.....etc. When I click on data sort (i do check the box to include column headings) and do a sort by say address, it will sometimes exclude a column such as name from the sort. It does not always do this. Is this a glitch? Do I need to highlight the entire list before I sort? Also, sometimes if I just use the Ascending or Descending icon rather that going to data, sort it will only sort that column and not the rest of the data with it. Those are the reasons that I don't trust excel to guess at the range I want sorted. I'll...

How do I view all data in a cell regardless of number of characte.
Click in the cell. Look at the Formula Bar! -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "DavidMarquez" <DavidMarquez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A29A9CA8-57E4-403F-B3F7-6176308CE8FE@microsoft.com... > Also, if you mean how much cell content you can display on the sheet, itself, however, that's a different story. A cell can display up to 255 characters wide (column width) by 409 points tall (row height). Font s...

transfering files
How do i transfere information from a charge account to a billiable account? ...

Edit Chart to Change Source Data
Background: A decade-plus ago, Excel would allow you to create a chart (based upon cell data), then allow you to select a datapoint in the chart, and literally drag the datapoint, resulting in a change to the cell data value. This was great for visually doing 'what if' examinations (a poor man's method of NOT having to use Goal Seeks!). This capability died out at some point. Is there a way to do this in Excel 2007? Any suggestions? wamiller36 - > Is there a way to do this in Excel 2007? < No. It's what Microsoft calls a "deprecated" feature. >...

Macro for Entering Data and Time in Tasks Notes
Hi, I have a user that uses the notes section in tasks as a journal of activities for that task. Is there a shortcut or macro to quickly insert the date and time in that field? Thanks for any tips. kkern@_____ wrote: > Hi, > I have a user that uses the notes section in tasks as a journal of > activities for that task. Is there a shortcut or macro to quickly > insert the date and time in that field? Thanks for any tips. Check out http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Insert-Date-Time.asp Note - posting your valid e-mail address in a newsgroup post, or in your news account sett...

Cannot edit MS-Query from Excel 'External Data menu
I have successfully created and saved a query. I can load the query directly from MS-Query application, and Modify it... save it, etc... I have 'run saved query' (same query) using excel's Data\external data menu and returned data to excel sheet. with data range cell selected, I can see the Data\External Data\"Edit Query" menu item.. Choosing Edit Query does not return the query that I intend to edit... any hints as to what the issue is.. Thnaks... Lark ...

Macro to switch to another sheet, grab ref to any cell, paste ref in current sheet??
I am looking for a way (either macro or VBA) to perform one simple task: while in *any cell* of your choice in the current worksheet, switch to another specific sheet, choose *any* cell, grab a reference to that cell (not its value), switch back to the first worksheet and slap in the reference of the cell in the other sheet. This would be the automated equivalent of doing the following manually: 1) Select *any cell* (say *F11*) in the current sheet (Call it "*Destination*"). 2) Press "=" (no "ENTER") 3) Click the tab for the other sheet (call it "*Source*&...

background color for Excel sheet tab
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I would like to know how to change the background color of the sheet tab at the bottom of each worksheet. Does anyone know? Thank you. <br><br>P.S. By &quot;sheet tab&quot; I mean the little tab at bottom of sheet that says &quot;Sheet 1, Sheet 2, etc.&quot; Sorry, no coloured tabs in Excel 2008. I have a strong suspicion that this feature will appear in Excel 2010 for the Mac :-) Cheers On 5/12/09 1:00 AM, in article 59bae257.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "mccloudr@officeformac.com" ...

Transfer investments from one portfolio to another
I would like to transfer all investments in an account in one portfolio to a new portfolio. Any suggestions? A Money file only has one portfolio, which may have multiple investment accounts each of which, in turn, may hold multiple investments so I don't understand your question. I think you have one Money file with multiple investment accounts in your portfolio. You have an investment you want to transfer from one investment account to another. Go to the investment account and enter a Transfer Shares transaction for the investment in question. Then set the target of the transfer to th...

Add ,Modify data in a flat file
i would like to know how to add delete modify a falt file in VC++(MFC) "CodeMan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:C246ED01-DD08-4755-965D-922BC6441069@microsoft.com... > i would like to know how to add delete modify a falt file in VC++(MFC) Depending on what you want to do, but the CFile class comes to mind. With that you can create, append to and delete files. -- Bjarne Nielsen No not CFile,im talkin of data inside a file , i can read the file but i need to add ,delete and modify data such as Bill gates , 022, Microsoft , ,5Million...

How do I preserve data throughout OS reinstall?
I have to re-install XP, and need to know where the folders are that contain my personal Outlook data so I can copy it onto a floppy & reinstate it when I'm done. Which files/folders do I need to save & where are their default locations? Would someone please either post a solution here and/or send me an e-mail? earthling_unbound@f-m.fm Thank you. ...

data from a formula direcly to a variable
hi all, i'm using formulaarray but i would like to save time and direcly the data from the formula to transfer to variable instead on having in on a cell, it a metter of saving time and machine time is there an option for this? this is my code: xlApp.Range("S" & row).Select Selection.FormulaArray =" " how can i direcly transfer the data to a variable? Get rid of the selects xlApp.Range("S" & row).FormulaArray =" " -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) <yaniv.dg@gmail.com> w...

Data Type in table shows currency but on form it shows as Text Box.
I'm trying to create an expression in a field. The field in the design view of tables shows data type as currency; however, whenever I place this field on my form it shows up as a text box. How can I create an expression within a text box? Or how do I get the data type to be correct on my form? I'm linking tables from SQL backend to Access front end and it has given me some issues. Help please. Thanks. Set the format property of the text box to Currency. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "p-rat" <osupr...

Collect Data via Email
Im doing planning for a training project. Basically we have a bunch of training sessions and now need to book employees on the training. The employee has a choice re the date that he/she wants to attend. So we want to send an email with the options to the employees and then capture the replies in the db. I believe Access 2007 can do that and i watched the demo. Thats all great but heres the catch. There are only so many seats available in each session. Lets call it 30 seats. Is there a way that access can send the employee an email to say that "The session you ha...

macros for calculating data after inserting row #2
hi~~ I am working on a spreadsheet where I search through row by row, an if the data in the Column B of that particular row is equivalent to th data in the Column B of another row is the same, I add the data in th Column W of the rows together. Then, I divide the number by the coun of how many rows are the same. I found a way to do something simila to this by using =SUM(w3:w9)/rows(w3:w9), but that only works when insert rows within the row ranges, assuming that the data in Column of rows 3 through 9 are the same. If I insert a row after row 9 tha has the same value as the others(column ...

Data Validation using ISBLANK with non-contigious cells
I have a range of non-contigious cells in Column A (named range - Job1), and a range of of non-contigious cells in Column B (named range - Job2). How can I set up data validation to make it impossible to enter any values in the range Job1 if there anything entered in any of the cells in the range Job2. I can use data validation for single cells easily enough. For example if I want to stop people entering data in A1 if there is data in B2 by using data validation/custom, formula =ISBLANK(B2). This works so I thought I would extend it to the entire range. Thus I selected all the cells in Job1 an...

FYI
I just struggled with this one for a while and thought I'd post the solution. My organization imported a large number of contacts and accounts to MSCRM 3.0 from a prior CRM solution. In 3.0 we created several mail merge and email templates. These worked great until we upgraded to MSCRM 4.0. Apparently, when we did the data import to MSCRM 3.0 we did not set defaults for the contact and account entity's contact attributese (donotemail, donotbulkemail, donotmail, etc.). While blank entries for these in 3.0 worked fine with our merge templates, in 4.0 you must specify a value one way or...

Can you make a chart's data *always* refer to a dynamic range name?
Hi All I have a dynamic range name that includes all my chart data including rows and columns as the number of both change a daily basis. So one day I will have three row series and four columns and another six series and two columns of data. I can tell my chart to show all the data by setting the data range to my dynamic name and that works fine but it converts the dynamic name to row and column references and forgets the dynamic part for the next day. I then have to manually perform the same set the next day so that it charts all the series and data again. I would like to automate this in...

Call a function in some sheets
Hello all I'm creating a code in sheet1, it works fine, but now I need to use the same code in sheet2 without write again the code. Also I need to change the name Sheet1 for another name. In other words, I need a code that can runs in any sheet. Thanks for your time and sugestions. henpat (Excel 2003 SP2) Is it a function in that workbook used in a worksheet? If so, precede with the book name ='my book.xls'!myFunc() -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "henpat" <henpat63@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eM16L8ZJG...

Payroll data movement back in release 9.0
I just discovered that the Payroll data Movement tool has been removed from release 9.0 This tool was usefull to import historical data in Great Plains and it was the 'easiest' way that was actually existing, considering that Integration manager and eConnect are not supported with Canadian Payroll. Support has suggested to use Table import, DTS or some other SQL ways to import the data, but the thing with that, first those tools are not 'clean' and also they all require a 'technical' ressource to work on it because it is not user friendly for a hand user. I hop...