Transfer/Copy Sheet, Dynamically linked Sheet

Hi.
When you open an Excel file, you will see some tabs at the bottom.
They are called "sheets".

1) How can I transfer selected "sheets" to another Excel file?

2) The same as (1), but this time I would like to ""copy"" "sheets" to another
Excel file.

3) How can I maintain a dynamic link between corresponding sheets in 2 Excel?
(Actually the info of both sheets are the same copies)
(When I change the content of either tab, another one will be updated
auotmatically)
(Thus either tab in both Excel files will be kept up-to-date)

Thank you!

--
Additional information:
- I'm using Office XP

From another sheet, the format is:

=SUM('Sheet2'!B46)  Where Sheet2 = you actual sheet name and B46=the cell
you want a copy of.

From another file, include the path prior to the sheet name.

0
dnoel (171)
12/23/2005 5:31:30 PM
by transfer do you mean move?
right click on the tab and the menu that shows has option of move or
copy.You can move or copy(when you want to copy tou check the ckeck boc"ceate
a copy)and you can move or copy the sheet within the workbook or to a new
file.The new file must already exist and be open.You can choose where you wan
to go in the drop down box at he top.If you move or copy a sheet with links
to another book those links will still be there,you may need to go to the
edit menu then go to the links menu,You create new links as descibed above
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" wrote:

> Hi.
> When you open an Excel file, you will see some tabs at the bottom.
> They are called "sheets".
>
> 1) How can I transfer selected "sheets" to another Excel file?
>
> 2) The same as (1), but this time I would like to ""copy"" "sheets" to another
> Excel file.
>
> 3) How can I maintain a dynamic link between corresponding sheets in 2 Excel?
> (Actually the info of both sheets are the same copies)
> (When I change the content of either tab, another one will be updated
> auotmatically)
> (Thus either tab in both Excel files will be kept up-to-date)
>
> Thank you!
>
> --
> Additional information:
> - I'm using Office XP
> - I'm using Windows XP

Copying data to a blank column
I would like to copy data from 1 column in sheet1 starting at row 12 to the first empty column starting at row 8 in sheet2. sub trythis()'SAS untested sc=2 slr=sheets("sheet1").cells(rows.count,sc).end(xlup).row with sheets("sheet2") dlc=.cells(1,columns.count).end(xltoleft).column+1 sheets("sheet1").cells(12,sc).resize(slr) copy .cells(8,dlc) end with end sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Ed Davis" <ed.davis1@verizon.net> wrote in message news:6F9BC9EC-E48E-42CC-84D8-01C007B0C6E8@micr...

In Visio how can I link a shape to a word file
I am creating a flowchart and would like to know if I can use the Shapes as buttons and get them to link to a word file stored on a drive? On Tue, 31 May 2005 05:57:21 -0700, BB1066 <BB1066@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am creating a flowchart and would like to know if I can use the Shapes as >buttons and get them to link to a word file stored on a drive? Select the shape then from the 'Insert' menu select 'Hyperlinks'. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. http://www.pherber.com/ SanDriLa - SDL/MSC/TTCN/UML2 application for Visio http...

Copy URL to clipboard
I'm in the habit of saving the content of posts which interest me to a file for that purpose. I'm thinking I might be slicker just copying the URL Just one thing though, how long will posts be available to view, is there a time period when older posts can no longer be viewed? How do you guys keep your info organised? Thanks I keep mine disorganized. Some in Notepad text files, some in MS Word text files and some in an Excel file that I use when responding to newsgroup postings. They are in no particular order and as I grow older, my memory of where specific files are gr...

Excel version 2002
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C7D868.40B0B770 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Please, I need help. I am using a mainframe connectivity application (called Vista TN3270) to = pull data (realtime) from mainframe screens and paste that data into = Excel using copy function of TN3270 and the paste function from Excel. I copy the info from mainframe into the clipboard and then I created an = AutoOpen macro in Excel that opens, pastes the data from the clipboard, = saves the data, the...

Closed Opportunity Description in Database
When you close an opportunity you can enter a description, this does not get added to the description for the opportunity, and I can't figure out where to get it either to use in an email template or what database table it is in. Anyone know? This is in CRM version 4.0. There is a systm entity called Opportunityclose. It is available in the database FilteredOpportunityClose view. I don't think you can get to it from an email template, but you definately can from a report/SQL query. This is the same story for the case resolution description. "JR" wrote: > Whe...

Linked Charts Lose Formatting
I'm creating a "dashboard" for my company, and as part of this, am linking various information (charts, tables, documents) into one Excel file, and I'm then saving the file as a web page for others to browse. Everything seems to be working, but some of the charts I've copied from another Excel file are losing their numeric formatting. For example, the horizontal axis is formatted as dates in the original file, but in the linked file, they show up as the date serial number (i.e., 39325, 39326, etc.). Also, the numbers in the data table for the chart are no long...

Sheet linking to Another File, HLP! #2
Yea i have used the hyperlink method, but it simply opens up the othe file on a separate worksheet. I really need to bring it into the main file as a sheet -- FultonHoga ----------------------------------------------------------------------- FultonHogan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1569 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27226 hi, hyperlinks do not import data. it is just a reference to where the data is at. If you need to import, then hyperlink is not what you are after. If it is a one time thing, then c...

Hyperlink link in workflow emails (CRM 4.0)
Hi, Got so many articles but all are perfect. Using CRM 4.0. I would like to include hyperlink in Workflow email. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.crm&tid=bbf7c5cf-4a61-45b4-a8e7-8c37eebcffed&cat=en_US_f9cb8267-48ed-4f92-9f39-209bbcb29eb1&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=&p=1 Issue is: Email generated through workflow, but the http... shows as plain text, not as hyperlink. Any suggestion will be appreciated. -mac Hello John, Did you copy and paste in a hyperlink, or type in the url? You may want to copy and paste a hyper...

Formatting sheets
Hi, Is there a way to cascade formatting in an xls? I.e I have a xls with one sheet in it, for each new sheet added I woul like it to have the formatting etc of the first sheet. Is this possible? Thanks, -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi You can set up a default for new sheets/workbooks but these are for all new sheets/workbooks and not one default per workbook. Save a sheet with the formatting you want (incl font, format, print layout, margins etc) and save it as a template (xlt) called sheet.xlt in your XLStart folder. You can do the same with a workbook and save ...

Copy a Invoice
When I want to copy a SOP Invoice, I have created several template invoices I want to copy from, does the invoice have to be posted to be seleted in the source document to create the target document. Thanks, Scott Scott, I just tried to copy an unposted invoice to another and it worked just fine. I am using GP 9.0 SP 2. Is it not working for you, or are you checking before you try it? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2B7E085-A407-4C25-A365-293652A0FEAE@microsoft.com... > ...

Copy row to worksheet IF
I have a worksheet that I call data. I paste a set of data into this worksheet and I want certain rows(A:G) to be copied to another worksheet (Status) if Column B states Failed, Not Completed or No run. This is untested, so make a copy of your workbook to test with. But I think it'll work just fine for you. To put the code to work, open the copy of the workbook, press [Alt]+[F11] to open the VB Editor then choose Insert-->Module and copy and paste the code below into the module. Make any edits to the Const values that you see are needed. Close the VB Editor, run the ...

Copying charts
I'm using office 2000 SP3, win 2000. I routinely paste excel charts into word as enhanced metafiles and set the line thicknesses and font sizes in excel to produce similar looking charts. I have just installed SP3 and now I find that when the charts are pasted into word, the font and line thickness now appear much smaller than they did with SP2. Do you know why it has done this and is there a solution? Thanks Charles ...

Rule is copying item instead of moving it
I have a .inbox (. to make it come first in the list) and a receipts folder under my personal folders. I've created a rule to move anything with "read:" in the subject to the receipts folder on my personal. Then I have some rules to move anything else (3 rules, one for each importance to capture all e-mails) to my .inbox. The receipts move rule is putting items in the receipts folder but it also leaves a copy in the .inbox (indicating that it's getting captured in the 2nd set of rules). I specifically run the receipts rule first so it's taken care of but I can&#...

Possible to 'copy' cell data into another cell?
If for example A1 contains: hello B1 contains: you Is there a equation/command to put in cell C1 to get it to copy info from other cells i.e. so C1 shows: hello you ???????? =a1 & " " & b1 If you decide you want money or dates, you can use something like: =a1&" "&b1&text(c1,"mm/dd/yyyy") Dave wrote: > > If for example > > A1 contains: hello > B1 contains: you > > Is there a equation/command to put in cell C1 to get it to copy info > from other cells i.e. so C1 shows: hello you > > ??????...

Formatting sheets #2
I am wondering if anybody can give me any tips about formatting Excel spreadsheets? Perhaps there is a good web site? I'm often not sure how best to go about it, especially if I have a combination of figures and text. Microsoft seems to produce some really clever templates. For instance, all the gridlines will be turned off and the background formatted a certain color. I'd like to learn more about doing this on my own spreadsheets. You might try a Google Search for Excel Formatting to get some ideas. What I would do: Make several copies of a sheet I have that is typical of th...

Working with a spread sheet to show names, address, etc.
While working with a spread sheet to develop a roster when I have a zip code to enter that begins with a 0 such as 08842 the program refuses to show the zero and continually drops it. Is there a way to rectify this problem? Hi Betty Format your cell as text before you enter the codes (Select the cells and use Ctrl-1 and on the number tab choose text) Or type a ' before the code. -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Betty Cea" <cea@ezlinknet.com> wrote in message news:032e01c389e7$06122910$a401280a@phx.gbl... > While work...

Problem in exchange 2003 and ntbackup (shadow copy)
I have the problem that i cannot make a backup with ntbackup from the information store, the errors i received was: Backup started on 28/12/2004 at 10:33 AM. The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d).' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d).' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-' The operation was ended. Backup completed on 28/12/2004 at 10:36 AM. Directories: 0 Fi...

Database query with parameters given in the sheet
Hi all, I've created a new database query with inner joins and sorting, which gives great results. But, there's only one thing I can't figure out on how to get this thing working... I'm using Office XP, and I try to make a sheet in which a user can specify a "from" date and a "to" date, after which the query starts only in this range. However, when I try to create the criteria, there's no way I can use variables or named cells in any way. Can anybody tell me a workaround for this matter? Maybe this is something for Microsoft to pun in new versions in...

Error opening Publisher files with links to Excel
When opening my Publisher file with tables linked to Excel, I get an error message which says 'Microsoft Excel has experienced an error and needs to shut down' I have successfully opened these linked files many times previously. I repaired both Excel and Publisher to no effect then reinstalled them also to no effect. I have plenty of RAM (512MB) and the combined Publisher and Excel files amount to just about 15MB. I allowed the error message to be sent to Microsoft, often this directs to a solution but there was no feedback. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks, What ...

Linking Purchase Requisition with Sales Order
Dear Gurus! I have a small requirement from my client. He wants to create Purchase Requisition through Sales Order. i.e. copy all the content of sales order in a purchase requisition so that he doesnt put everything again. Can we do this in GP 10. If we cant do it, please give me an advice of how to develop an enhancement over it i.e. which table to use and where to get the procedures. Thanks and Best Regards Sajid ...

Inventory Transfer selecting incorrect stock items
Hello We are doing stock transfers and when we select items from the inventory list, it is putting a completely different item into the transfer????? I have re-indexed but it made no difference. -- Jenny ...

Money 04 "transfer to" question
I want to save money every week to different "accounts" within my check register. Maybe accounts isn't the right word, but here's what I want to do. Put money away every week towards different savings goals, like car insurance, car repair, etc... Is this the best way? And should the account type be bank or cash? What would be the difference? Thanks Richard I have the same question. -- Parley D. Kennelly Southern California Realtor� "Richard" <richard1@ij.net.remove> wrote in message news:%234hchjSjEHA.1404@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I want to save mo...

Linking from Excel to Word
I was wondering if there is a way to link from an Excel file, to different locations within a single word document. I have successfully linked from an Excel file to another word document, which links to another word document. However, when I try to link from an Excel file to separate headers from within the same word document, I am unsuccessful…and, each time, simply link to the top of the word document. Is there a way to solve this? Any help is much appreciated. You're writing about hyperlinks??? If yes, insert a bookmark in your word file and use a hyperlink like: (Insert|h...

124 copies of document load when running Publisher
Here's a fun one. On a PC in one of our schools, 124 copies of Publisher load when the program is run. This is despite a thorough (we thought) cleanup of all temporary files on the PC, uninstall and reinstall of Publisher. Any advide would be gratefully received. PC is running XP Pro SP2 & Office 2003 Pro. Thanks Robin Is it just one document? Can you delete it? Is it the Publisher program opening 124 times? Have you run a malware program such as Ad Aware? Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MV...

Dynamics 9 SP1 on Terminal Services
We can't apply v9.0 SP1 on terminal services. We installed it on the server and then on one client without any problems, but Terminal Services won't update. The process runs to completion without any errors, but when GP is launched, an error is displayed stating that the client version is not the same as the server version, and aborts. We've installed a couple of times, but can't get the terminal services client to launch. Any ideas about how to fix this problem would be appreciated. Reid Reid- Sometimes disabling the Terminal Services service prior to installing n...