Training/Education Documents

I am working on a project that is asking me to educate our companies users
about excel security to help us comply with the Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
requirements.  Different areas I am looking to present are Cell protection,
password protection, best practice input layouts, cross footing/processing
controls, building error checks into the spreadsheet, etc.

I have not been able to find much documentation or information on this
subject on the internet, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good
sources?

0
RH (5)

RH  -

You may find some relevant info here:

http://www.eusprig.org/

For example, check the EUSPRIG  Downloads section, and join their Yahoo
group.

-  Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

"RH" <RH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am working on a project that is asking me to educate our companies users
> about excel security to help us comply with the Sarbanes Oxley (SOX)
> requirements.  Different areas I am looking to present are Cell
> protection,
> password protection, best practice input layouts, cross footing/processing
> controls, building error checks into the spreadsheet, etc.
>
> I have not been able to find much documentation or information on this
> subject on the internet, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good
> sources?

Saving a Pub document for others to open
I have a cookbook I made in Publisher. I'd like to be able to make copies and give to people, but unless they have publisher they won't be able to open it. Does' microsoft have some type of program to burn also on the disk so someone could just open and view the files? Any help on this I would appreciate it. Thank you Jeanne The best thing I think to do is print the entire document to Acrobat Distiller. This sets it up in Acrobat Reader, which anyone can obtain for free by downloading it online from the Adobe website. This makes it very easy to view. >-----Original ...

Multiple views Single Document MDI
Hi Folks, I have a situation where I need 4 views in my application. All the 4 views should co exist and shall be updated independently/ simultaneously. I searched the forum and all I got was how to create multiple views for a SDI and for MDI creating multiple document templates and make them refer to a single document . I dont know whether creating multiple document templates is a good solution as I read somewhere it is not an optimal solution. Is there any simple/optimal method by which I can go on adding a view for the document? If possible please paste a link to the sample application....

Document Connection crashes when adding a sharepoint site

Excel document protection
I need to set up an Excel document that will serve as a template, where others can make changes and "Save As" another file name, but not change the original document. I'm using Excel 2003. Any suggestions on how to do that? Thanks! fxjennie, save the file as a template, file save as, save as type change to template, then when you open the file it will open a copy of the file, will this work? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Us...

Document restricted
I use the Avery add on for making labels when I am using Word 2007 from within the document itself. I recieve the following error message when I click the finish button when using the Avery program. "The addon method or property is not available because permission for this document is currently restricted" Windows 7 op system and Office Pro. Suite. I can not find how to fix this problem. Why are you not using the integrated label wizard that includes all the Avery labels? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Larry H." <Larry H.@discussions.mic...

How can I open documents sent to me as .123
I get documents sent to me from a client that are spreadsheets that end in ..123 Excel keeps telling me that it can't open this Lotus 123 file. What gives? Hi either your client saves the files in Excel format or you may have a look at a commercial converter (www.dataviz.com). Excel can't open *.123 files -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Nikineo" <Nikineo@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:91D2773F-F437-4248-A831-CC18E82BBD79@microsoft.com... > I get documents sent to me from a client that are spreadsheets that end in > .123 Ex...

Using Workflow to send a Document to CRM Contact
I want to create a manual workflow rule that send a standard sales document to a customer. I cna go into workflow and create a new Manual rule for Contacts. I then browse to choose the attachment easily enough. Trouble it that it only lets me close the dialogue box by selecting someone for the to field? I want this to be the contact I select when I apply the workflow rule - but this doesnt seem to be possible - the dialogue box wants me to choose a specific contact etc. Any adivce on how to do this please? Roger ...

How do i delete attempts of sending publilsher document as email
I've created a publisher document and attempted to send it as an email page using a group email list. Initially, the group contained too many recipients, so I reduced the number and attempted many times to re-send, each time with fewer recipients. However, the message is always that I have too many recipients even if only one email is listed. In the message box it appears that all my previous attempts are being sent as it reads 'sending 1 of 13' then the error stated above is generated. I think I need to delete the history of my previous attempts but I don't know how......

Microsoft Office Document Imaging creates .htm file instead of
When I scan a document to Microsoft Office Document Imaging , or open one, and choose the send text to word option I end up with a .htm file in my documents. Word opens but the text never appears, I get a pop up saying server busy switch to to correct the problem, which I do, then a pop up saying an error was encountered while trying to send text to word. Verify that word is properly installed. I have uninstalled the component and reinstalled, run Office Diagnostics and repaired Office. No result. I end up with a file in my documents, with the info I was trying to add to word in...

Saving Word Docs as PDFs
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, <br><br>I have documents with cover pages that when I save as, or print to PDF, the result is that i wind up with two PDF's, one of the cover page on its own and then the second PDF is the remainder of the document. It appears it may have something to do with the page break i always insert between the cover page and start of document. <br><br>Can anyone tell me how this can be avoided, I just want one PDF document every time. Apple, Microsoft, and Adobe have worked closely toge...

Microsoft Office Word Document is missing from Insert Object dialog
From the Word 2007 ribbon, clicked Insert, Object, Insert Object. Received Object dialog. On Create tab of dialog, scrolled through list of available Object Types. Microsoft Office Word xxx types are missing. Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, etc. are there. Color me confused. Doesn't happen on all boxes here in-plant, but does on some. Hoping that someone can educate me with respect to: 1. What caused the problem, and 2. How to correct it. thanks, david You don't have, Insert | Object | Microsoft Word Document in your list? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP &...

Spelling in documents with different languages
I regularly write documents with mixed content, that is, English, Chinese, Greek, etc. I have my spelling checker on all the time and most of the time it works good. When I have a romanized Chinese word like "Kongzi" it might signal that it is a spelling mistake, but I just add it to my custom dictionary (or 'ignore' it). Usually when I include Chinese characters, they are NOT marked as spelling mistakes, but in my current document all of the Chinese characters have that red line underneath. I don't want to add them to my dictionary (if that's even possi...

my word document xxx.doc
changed to xxx.dat when sending as attachments. What could be causing this problem? Everything has been working fine for the last week or so until yesterday. Nothing has changed ...

Importing Pre-formatted Word Document into Publisher
I have a long, formatted Word document containing many footnotes. If I have created a main text box onto a Master page with certain margins plus a smaller text box above the main text for the Headers to be added later, how do I insert and/or import the Word file properly into the main text box? It keeps losing the footnote text althought the footnote reference markers are in the proper place of the text. Publisher doesn't support footnotes. You will have to type them manually or try copy/paste from Word. Long documents are best done in Word. To get a Word document inserted properly...

error message related to opening xls documents on network drive
We have a problem regarding MS Excel 2003 w. SP2 running Windows XP w. sp2. There is a network drive in our network accessed by roughly 15-20 users. Users sometimes experience getting a rather interesting error message. The error message states (pardon the rough translation from Norwegian) "Cannot access ALL fields - filename" This error message persists, but not permanently. If the user tries to open the document a few more times it eventually succeeds, and the document opens. Normally after three tries, sometimes more. The error message is exclusive to neither user nor computer....

PUBLISHER DOCUMENTS
How can you default a document file in Publisher to open at "PAGE WIDTH" instead of 51% and then always having to increase the size to be able to read and work on. In Publisher 2007 page width will be 82% if the task bar is open. If the task bar is closed, page width is 108%. I don't know where you are getting 51%. Try Default Zoom at http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/add-ins Scroll down. F9 is a handy shortcut key. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Pepper" <Pepper@discussions.mic...

Companyweb
Before I go wrestling with the backup I wondered if there's an easier way. Our client claims the "Shared Documents" Document Library just "vanished" from companyweb when they were uploading a file. Irrespective of whether we are getting the whole truth or now, is there anywhere I can did this out from quickly and easily? No sign of it in the recycle bin in sharepoint. SBS2008. Thanks Adnrew Andrew Sorry no one has answered this in a timely matter however it's probably because none of us, have seen this issue before. If the person can remem...

Hyperlinks in Publisher documents going dead when sent as Gmail
I've come up with an email invitation to an event, which contains one hyperlink to an RSVP email address, and one hyperlink to the event's website. If I send this, directly from Publisher, as a test to myself in Outlook, both hyperlinks works fine. If, however, i send this as a test to myself at gmail, the email hyperlink does not work, but the web site hyperlink does. Any ideas? I'd really like both to work. ...

Windows 7 installed Word documents won't open
I installed Windows 7 this past weekend. I received an email with a word document attached. The attachment will not open. I get a "An error occurred sending the command to the application". I did not have this problem with Vista. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Office and that did nothing. ...

"Unknown error" when trying to attach document to Access Web Datas
Hello - we set-up an Access Web Datasheet list in WSS 3.0 and it's been working for several weeks now. Users will regularly attach files to records but recently when they try to do this they receive this error message: "Unknown Error" - not very helpful unfortunately. Has anyone ever come across this before and know how to resolve it? We have tried attaching files from different workstations and the problem still persists so know that it is not specific to a workstation. ...

Customizing my Document.
I am creating a troubleshooting database. Treating each issue with its own ID case number. I have a column where I insert the Problem and then another column where I insert the solution. I want to setup my document to recoginize when I start typing anywhere in the row it automatically labels the first cell with the current date and then inserts the Case ID number as well. Finally, when that is working I want to assign different fill colors for different levels of completion for that case. Example, when only the Problem is labeled the row will highlight yellow, when the Problem and S...

Problem with mail merge on a 4 sided publisher document
I have a publisher document (postcard) which prints 4 up to a page. One side has all of the text and the other is for addressing/labels. I am trying to mail merge the recipients for the labels. Everything seems fine until I print preview...and all 4 images have the same person. Is there any way to edit the card so each page prints 4 different names instead of the same name 4 times? Any feedback would be helpful. Thanks Cherry T <Cherry T@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have a publisher document (postcard) which prints 4 up to a page. > O...

Business Cards listing training records
I am using an Avery business card template in Access 2007 to show the name and list of training records for each individual. I created a query to gather the appropriate information and designed the card with a FullName Header, with the training topics listed in the detail section. Obviously each person will have a different number of training topics to list on the card. Is there a way to limit the number of lines printed in the detail section, so that any topics that don't fit for one individual would be printed on a second card, and constrain the size to fit the Avery tem...

Generating a document from Opportunity
Opportunities for us are the center of the sales cycle. What is the "best practices" solution to create a document that is launched from an Opportunity that pulls in the relevant data of the Company name and address, and stock and custom Opportunity fields? In a perfect world it would automatically post an activity in the Opp's history and attach the said merged document to that activity. Any thoughts or direction, much appreciated. Rich Scott Hi, Richard. I have the same question. I actually wonder what are the "best practices" for creating a document from a...

Open Document Management API (ODMA)
At this stage is ODMA support a reasonable to introduce into an app or is there a newer preferred technology for this? WebDAV? On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 16:30:04 GMT, River Ross wrote: > At this stage is ODMA support a reasonable to introduce into an app or is > there a newer preferred technology for this? WebDAV? Maybe this will help you! http://www.infonuovo.com/odma/ // Anders ...