Tracking Number of Times You Print a Spreadsheet

Does anyone know the VB code (or maybe another method) fro
creating a macro or some other function that would record
the number of times a worksheet is printed?

Basically, I need to know how often a certain spreadsheet
is printed for my boss and don't want to have to keep a
manual field that I update with the number +1 everytime I
print it....can this be automated?  So that every time I
print the spreadsheet the value in this cell is
incremented by one?

Please reply to phoenix_crime@yahoo.com if you have a
quick and easy solution.  I am assuming this requires some
minor VB code and a macro, but have no idea how to get
started to make it work.

Bryan Hill
7/11/2003

I'm not sure if it's important, but if you don't do a save after this, that
value put into A1 will be lost.

And if you print copies=20, did you want to add 20 to your count?

I think if I cared about this kind of stuff, I'd build a little macro that asked
me how many, did the print, and updated the cell and saved the workbook.

(And remember not to use ctrl-P or File|print or the Print icon or the print
preview icon and the print button there.....whew, lots to remember!)

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Click on Project number to generate report
I have a report "rptProjects" that I want run and filtered to show the details of just one project based on the project number clicked on in a summary form (continous form). The target report is linked directly to the data table and contains subreports linked to their respective data tables. I can get the Projects form to open to the specific record fine using the DoCmd.Openform, but DoCmd.Openreport does not work. I have placed the projects' PKeys on both the summary form and within the report and am using these in my code e.g REPORTID = Me!ReportID. Can anyone help wit...

We need to track applications that each item will fit.
We need to be able to track, search & print reports on applications for each of our items. There can be multiple applications per item and there are multiple items that can be used on an application. Currently I dont see anyway to accomplish this. -- S&B Filters ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

Card Game Spreadsheet #3
Hi again! Using your great suggestions I now have a fantastic looking spreadshee which automatically updates the card's details using Vlookup and it' great except for one niggling factor. The date inserted into the "Details" cell using Vlookup over-runs th cell. I have Word Wrap turned on for all Details Cells and also th cells containing the actual data have Word Wrap turned on also, howeve the cell does not resize. As a work-around I thought maybe having a ToolTips function may wor (e.g. User hovers over the cell and the data grabbed by Vlookup pops u in a ToolTip windo...

How can I print page 2 of each sheet in a workbook?
If I understand your request, the first point to clarify is that "each sheet" does not have a page 2 - If there are 10 sheets & each one contains 2 pages of data, each page is still sequentially numbered 1-20. One option is to select the area to be printed on each sheet and go to File>Print Area>Set Print Area. Once you do this for each sheet, go to the Print dialog box and select Entire Workbook. HTH |:>) "sflower" wrote: > ...

Week Numbers
If I enter a week number in a cell I want to have a formula that returns the end date for that date (based on ISO week numbers) GK Hi gregork This will depend on the Year More info about week numbers you can find here http://www.rondebruin.nl/weeknumber.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "gregork" <gregork@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message news:421711da$1@clear.net.nz... > If I enter a week number in a cell I want to have a formula that returns > the end date for that date (based on ISO week > numbers) > > GK > > On Sat, 1...

serial numbers have dissappeared
Last week sometime between Tuesday night and Wednesday night the serial numbers for a particular item have dissappeared. On Hand qty is correct but the serial numbers vanished. This is the 2nd time this happened. We've been checking every process along the way a cannot figure out what might have happened.. Any ideas? Something similar happened to me. Someone voided a Sales Order that had a serialized part on it. On-Hand inventory was correct, but because the serial number was already assigned the part and the quantity fulfilled, when the user voided the order, it voided the insta...

Sorting file list by date/time...
Hello, does anybody have an idea how to program a sorting function given a directory with files, which should red to an array which is sorted by date and time, but contains only the filenames. Is there a MFC function or a shell function of the OS which could ease the job instead of doing it manually? Regards, Diana On Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:39:50 +0200, "Diana Bulthaupt" <Diana.Bulthaupt(at)web.de> wrote: >does anybody have an idea how to program a sorting function given a >directory with files, which should red to an array which is sorted by date >an...

Any font to surround number with a circle? #3
I haven't used the macro recorder b/c the only way i can think of to d it would be to insert a drawing sahpe around the number and then se the fill to be transparent. VBA macro wouldn't work very well fo that, I would rather use a mouse click/keystroke macro recorder like E Macro instead. What is truly needed is a whole new Font set tha surrounds the value with a circle but I have absolutely no idea how t do that or if a regular Joe who isn't an MS programmer can create custom font set -- Flamike ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Flamikey&...

Advanced Filtering
Hello, I've got a worksheet with four columns, one of which is a user name. I would like to take all the user names that contain numbers (and their respective data) and put it into a separate worksheet. So far, I haven't had any luck doing this with any combination of wildcard operators. The format of the user names are two or three letters and then 4 numbers, or they are entirely text. So the list has data like abc1234, ab1234 and abcdef. I want all the abc1234 and ab1234 entries in a separate list. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Maybe you could use a helper column and filt...

Print Preview using CPreviewDC
Hi there, I have a problem trying to implement a print preview function. Yet the printing itself is no problem. I have this chart control with a method m_graph.PrintGraph(CDC *pDC) which outputs the data to the CDC object. Now I want to do Print Preview similarly using the CPreviewDC class mentioned in the MSDN Documentation instead of the CDC class. How do I setup the CPreviewDC object without a print dialog? And after I have printed the content into the CDC class how do I display the print preview? ...

Getting row reference number
Kindly advise me how to get the row reference number of data which VLOOKUP function fetches. Thanks If you use the MATCH function, instead of the VLOOKUP function, it returns the row_index of the searched range. Example: if you have A, B, C in cells A11:A13 and you use =MATCH("C",A11:A13,1) that formula will return 3 (because A is the 3rd item in the list. To get the actual row number, use: =MATCH("C",A11:A13,1)+10 (because you need to add in the number of rows above cell A11) Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "Mahendhra" wrote: > Kindly ad...

Is this at all possible with Excel spreadsheets?
Hi all, I've got quite a problem on my hands. I have quite a few spreadsheets of personal information. I have columns labeled "Name", "Gender", "Address", "Phone Number" and etc... Now I have to enter all these information into a registration form on the web (A site that I do not have administrative powers to change the source code.) My question is: Is it at all possible to insert the information to the registration form from the spreadsheet without copying and pasting, like a tool that will simply direct the information in the spreadsheet cells t...

Set Print Preview to always show color
It was easy enough to get Publisher 2003 to perform a print preview in black and white using Tools, Commercial Printing Tools. I want to set it back to print preview in color but it refuses to do so. I have jacked around with all of the radio buttons for Any Color, Single color, Process Colors, etc. but nothing seems to work. If anyone can help me out, please do so. -- Thanks Wes Newman How about the printer settings? Are they set to color? The Generic Color Postscript for Commercial Printing has a color choice in the preferences. Paper/Quality tab. Have you checked the printer pre...

Print Receivables Schedule Payments
How can I print the invoice (as in Transaction>>Sales>>TRansaction Entry) of an individual Schedule Payment in Receivables Management? I dont want to print the entire Schedule Invoice used, just a specific invoice (Tools>>Routines>>Sales>>Posted Schedule" Rico: Go to Inquiry>Sales>Transaction by Document or Transaction by Customer. You'll find the invoices in this inquiry window. Highlight the invoice you want print and click on the Document Number link to open the Receivables Transaction. You can print the invoice from there. Frank Hamelly...

Not Print Zero values
Howdy, I need to do one of two things: 1) My zero values are hidden but they span down 300 cloumns. Is there away to hide these from printing? 2) The zero values above are a simple currency total between tw fields. I have filled the incrementing formulas down about 300 rows. I there a way to fill in the next incrementing formula [(b2)*(d2)] whe the calulation is made? I want to keep from having 300 growin formulas, I'd rather try to have them incrimentaly auto fill so m print outs wont have 20 extra blank pages. many thanks -- RubberSou ----------------------------------------------...

Moving curesor in excel a set number of coulumns to the right or l
In excel 2003 I want to move the cursor a set number of columns to the right or left a set number of columns. Tab does not work for what I need. I want the active cell to move x number of columns over to the righ tor left. Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "JPD" <JPD@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:A234A0DB-96CB-404B-AF45-5FDDF5B5DCD0@microsoft.com... > In excel 2003 I want to move the cursor a set number of columns to the right > or left a set number of columns. Tab does not work for what I need. I want > the ...

Print areas #2
Is there any way of getting excel to determine print areas depending on cell content? I have a spreadsheet whose print area needs to change for different data entered and I want to be able to automatically set a print area so the user doesn't need to fiddle with the print area manually. Thanks in advance, Dave ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If you do not create a print_area then Excel will print the entire active range. If that's not good e...

run time errors when posting transaction
hey everyone, i restored my database today from a backup and started to recieve some weired run time errors whe posting a transaction. It shows some Microsoft Business Rules error plus when i wanted to add a new item it wouldnt allow me to put more than 15 characters in item description field. if i put more than that it give me an error "Maximum Stored Procedure, function, trigger, or view nesting level exceeded (limit 32)" Please did anybody else had this problem or am i doing something really wrong. one more thing i just changed my OPOS printer to windows printer. t...

How can i find my serial Number for Office 2004 in Mac.
Hi, I am Khuram and i have Office 2004 for Mac but i missplace the serial number for this. please tell how can i find this. Thanks. In article <2ae501c4ab09$fd9dd050$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Khuram" <shahzadkhuram@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am Khuram and i have Office 2004 for Mac but i missplace > the serial number for this. please tell how can i find > this. You'll need to get a replacement CD Key. Contact Product Support Services: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;CNTACTMS You'll need to have some form of proof of purchase...

strip characters from a "number" like string
Hello Could someone advise as to how to strip characters from a formula resulting string which could look like the following? ( some of the result would actually be numbers while others are number/character combo's - see below for examples) 0002 0124 0125-A 1566A-A Thank you for any assistance you can offer. ! If the "numbers" are always the first 4 characters, as in your example, you can extract them and turn them into proper numbers with this: =3DLEFT(A1,4)*1 assuming they are in column A - format the cell as General or as Number, then copy down. Hope this helps. Pete ...

printing #19
Hi, I'm trying out office 2207 beta. My business card(s) I made with Office xp Publisher don't print correclty with 2007. They are off center to the left. I have it set up to print ten cards to a page. I'm using a lexmark printer. What I'm I doing wrong? What settings I'm I missing that I need to change? thanks tom If your margins are set at .5 top and .75 side, zero gaps, the cards should print as they did in 2002. Might see if Lexmark has an updated driver. http://www.lexmark.com/lexmark/sequentialem/home/0,6959,204816596_652569478_0_en,00.html Are you selecting &q...

Slow printing
Hi I am using a macro in Excel 97 to move fields from a record to a print template on a second sheet and then print it using the 'ActiveSheet.PrintOut' function. The macro loops through 100 records, scheduling the reports but takes forever to print them. There was a post some time ago with a similar problem and the suggestion was to disable the refresh screen or something like that. Any suggestions please. Charles ...

Tracking a Delegates use on Owners Calendar
Owners Calendar has delegate asigned for making changes on calendar. Is there a way to track changes made by the delegate? Thanks, ep ...

FRX and Alpha numeric account number
Hi! Does FRX work well when the GP account numbers are alpha numeric? Can you still isolate segments that are alpha? -- Marisol Mortera Yes, FRx works well. A segment is a segment. "Marisol" wrote: > Hi! > > Does FRX work well when the GP account numbers are alpha numeric? Can you > still isolate segments that are alpha? > -- > Marisol Mortera I have worked with FRx for many years and want to say yes it will work just fine. However, I have never had an alpha character in an account number, although I have considered having one. The main reason I s...

Print setup in report ......help!!!
Can anyone know how to setup when print in a report with one page set to landscape and other set to portrait? I need help to print a report first page is landscape and the second page is portrait, it has to print in a single paper with double side printing. I have set the force section on new page but cannot find the option for change it to different orientation ....for example like page setup in word (page break..or new section then it can be change the print setup). Any help would be appricated, thankyou very much. I know of no way to do this in Access. You might check Leban...