Track Mouse Location In a Sheet VBA

Hi gurus,
Does anybody know how to write a VBA code to find out the current cell
reference being hovered over by the mouse pointer.

I am trying to give the user the ability to change the colors of each
cell as the user moves around with the mouse throughout the sheet.

--
mowali
mowali's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20886

enter time into file for a time sheet
how can I enter the time automatically into a cell. perhaps a macro. hilte the cell and hit your macro or enter? I want to round the time to the nearest 1/4 hour. I also want to be able to override the automatic function The quick way to enter current time is Ctrl plus the colon (date is Ctrl plus semi-colon) but this doesn't round to the nearest 15 minutes. I think there is an add-in that would do that as a worksheet function. Here is a subroutine that might do what you want: Sub RndToQtrHr() Dim currMin As Long Dim M As Long Dim plusHour As Boolean currMin = Minute(Time) plusHour = ...

Sheet protection on multiple sheets
Good Morning All, Using Excel XP. I have a workbook with 100 worksheets. On all of the sheets I have certain cells that are protected. Is there any way that I can protect the sheets all at once? Right now I have to go to each individual sheet to protect it. Thank you in advance. Mike If you protect the sheets with a common password, you could use a little macro: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim wks As Worksheet For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets wks.Protect Password:="samepasswordhere" Next wks End Sub If you're new to macros, you may want...

Location List on NWS Page
Windows XP Pro SP3 IE 7 When I open the NWS page, there is a box to enter a town name and/or zip code. The box used to retain a long list of past used zip codes and town names that would show up once to clicked on the box. There is no longer this list to select from you have to enter the info each time. What has possibly changed and what can I do to correct this problem? Jerry "Jerry" <user@mail.com> wrote in message news:#qcsjbTyKHA.3304@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Windows XP Pro SP3 IE 7 > > When I open the NWS page, there is a box to ...

Why does the source on Page Setup keep changing from 'sheet' to '.
Have been trying to print a 4 page folded brochure on 11 x 17 paper. After setting both the Page Setup and the Print Properties to the proper settings, then attempt to print. Sometime during the loading to the printer the settings are changed from 'sheet' to 'CD/DVD' in the Source on the Page setup or the paper is changed to 8 1/2 x 11. Have checked with Epson and they have clarified that it's not a printer problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Open the printer folder in the control panel, right-click your printer, click printing preferences, be cert...

Track Change Orders checkbox defaults (PA)
To use the "Track Change Orders" features in contracts and projects you need to check a checkbox in the Change Order setup area of a contract and of a project. Templates for contracts and projects do not appear to contain any default settings for that checkbox (or other change order settings). How can I default all of our new contracts to automatically set "Track Change Orders" as checked? -- Jim Rowley Business Analyst II ...

Tracking changes to a form's fields---still searching for an answe
I have a table and module set up to track all changes made to a record on my form. I am using the following code for the module: Option Compare Database Function LogChanges(lngID As Long, Optional strField As String = "") Dim dbs As DAO.Database Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim varOld As Variant Dim varNew As Variant Dim strFormName As String Dim strControlName As String varOld = Screen.ActiveControl.OldValue varNew = Screen.ActiveControl.Value strFormName = Screen.ActiveForm.Name strControlName = Screen.ActiveControl.Name ...

vba listbox question
How do i add stuff to a second column in a vba listbox.. i feel reall stupid but i've tried endlessly and searched the internet with n joy... Also how can i use info from a particular column.. eg. Surname/name are 2 column headings (assuming i can get stuff in the 2n colum) i wanna take data from 'surname' without takin the 'name' data wit it... I know this is really simple basic stuff so can someone put me out o my misery -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Could someone please help me? This is really annoying and i can't get o with my work until i...

Copy from one Sheet and Paste to Another
Hello all! I got a little confused by switching back and forth between pages. As a result, my macro is not doing what I want it to do. My goal is to get the code to start in Cell A3 of a Sheet named ‘Stocks’ and for each row get the date, then for each column get the stock symbol, then get the stock price; repeat down and over for the entire used range. Below is the code that I’m working with: Sub PopulateMacro() 'Delete the sheet "TransposedSheet" if it exist Application.DisplayAlerts = False On Error Resume Next ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("TransposedShe...

Publishing locked sheets
I am trying to publish an Excel sheet with locked cells as a web page. Unfortunately, Excel 2002 will not allow this, and insists that I turn off the cell locking before it will convert to html. Is there any way around this, as it is important that some of the cells cannot be edited. If anybody has any advice, I would very much appreciate your help. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Clicking a button via VBA
Hi, I am trying to (using VBA), open a form, populate a combo box, and then clicka button on the newly opened form... I have tried the following: DoCmd.OpenForm "frm01_Services" Forms.frm01_Services.cmbServer.Value = Me!Server Forms.frm01_Services.cmdGetServicesData.SetFocus Forms!frm01_Services.cmbserver_Click <<-----Error Line # 3 bombs - is there a function in access that allows me to do this? Any help is always greatly appreciated... Cheers, GLT. "GLT" <GLT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D93ED041-DBA6-4DC...

E-mail one sheet
I have a workbook of several sheets but I want the client to be able to fill out one sheet and e-mail only that sheet. How do I do that in a very simple way. Check out your other threads please -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Lella" <Lella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:263C8B91-A927-48A6-A7D0-13D3CF1EDE15@microsoft.com... >I have a workbook of several sheets but I want the client to be able to fill > out one sheet and e-mail only that sheet. How do I do that in a very simple > way. ...

VBA, Changing Datafield Name
Hi ALL This is my first post, so excuse me for any faux pas on etiquette. I'm creating various pivot tables by VBA code. For each datafield I change the name so that the columns would not be too wide, and so that I don't get the "Sum of " thing. My methodolgy of changing the name relies on the datafield starting with 'Somme' (Note that I use French excel). I notice that Excel 02 has 'Somme de ' meaning that my code comes to a halt. I have stuck in a few lines of 'IF' statements relating to Excel version to remedy this. However, this is not all encom...

Sending Doc with Track Changes
How do I send a document in Final form so that edits aren't visible, if I haven't yet accepted the changes? No matter how I save the doc (as final, with show markup options deselected) the edits are always visible. Kimberly That depends entirely on the settings of the receiving computer. But unless you've changed something way down in the Trust Center, you'll see the same behavior on your own computer -- when you open a file that was last saved as Final, it will open as Final Showing Markup. On Jan 13, 3:57=A0pm, olliesf <olli...@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Reference other sheet
I have a sheet (Study Sheet) that has from 1 to 10 Studies across and 1 to 30 Cases down. Study 1 Study 2 Part Test Results Part Test Results Case 1 1 Case 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 Part Test Results Part Test Results Case 2 1 Case 2 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 On a separate work sheet I would like to have a place at the top that I could change the case number and the study number and it would show the date for just that case and study. This way they would not have to look at all of them and get c...

Renamed invalid sheet name
I have a routine that opens a workbook to access data and then closes it. It has worked fine for years with XP and Excel 2000. Since changing to Win 7 and Excel 2003 it will no longer automatically open. A warning box appears "Repairs to 'Workbook'" and the message "Renamed invalid sheet name". After closing the message box it renames the worksheet to "Recovered_Sheet 1" and opens the workbook. However, this is a manual process and I need it to be automated as before. What I have found (I believe) is that if the file name includes "...

Excel file locations
I have been trying to figure out how to set the default file location for documents for ALL users of the same computer (Windows 2000 or XP). I need every user of this workstation to be able to have WORD look in the H:\ drive instead of c:\documents and settings\userprofile\my documents. I am using a server (MS. Small Business Server). Each user logs into a workstation that connects to the server. At login, each user has a login script that maps the user home directory to H:\. All user documents and files are to be stored on H:\. When I set up a Win2k workstation, install Office 2000, then ch...

CRM3.0
Have setup a development rollout of CRM 3.0. We are running the program as it comes out of the box(default installation), on a windows 2003 domain/server environment, Sql server 2005, exchange 2003. Client pc is Windows Xp with Office 2003. When i try to create a new appointment from within outlook, i keep receiving an error stating: "An error occurred promoting this item to CRM. The CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. This item will be saved in outlook, but is not being tracked in crm." It is a little stran...

How to change .attachedtemplate from VBA in Word 2007
I have a template that I created in Word 2003. It has a number of macros. One, which allows the user to save a copy of the active document assigns Normal.Dot as the ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate before saving, so that the macros from the working template are not saved in the copy. The problem now is that when I run this macro in Word 2007, the ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate takes place immediately and breaks the macro code that was assigning the template and saving the document. Is there a way to keep the ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate action from happening immediately...

Adding an item to a popup menu in outlook's inbox using VBA
Hello all, On rightclicking on the mailitems in the outlook's inbox we can see a popup menu.i want to add a menu item to that popup menu using outlook VBA. Please do help me in this regard. Thanking you regards, Revathy.v ...

track changes
Trying to use a study guide for Office. A practice task is instructing me to turn on 'Track Changes' on a sample worksheet but on the Review Tab, in the Comments group, 'Track Changes is not able to be clicked. Can't seem to figure out what I didn't do. -- SBES False alarm,. It came to my attention after pondering upon the dillemma that the file was a read only document so certain features were unable to be accessed. -- SBES "SBES" wrote: > Trying to use a study guide for Office. A practice task is instructing me to > turn on ...

If Stmt; VBA Code; Reference to Cell Value
Excel 2003 Need VBA syntax/Code to: 1)obtain a CellValue 2) If CellValue <> 0 Print Routine (I have got this OK) Endif Note: As new rows are entered into the Worksheet the the cell containing the SubTotal value that I wish to use as CellValue - moves on the W/S. But how to represent that in VBA? Example: "$D$32" or "D32" or ?? TIA Dennis Dennis, It depends on what cell you want to read. If the cell is fixed, use code like Dim V As Variant V = Range("A1").Value If V <> 0 Then ' your code here End If If the cell's locat...

Form Creation To Track Investments
Hi all, Firstly, can I say I have been through the forum looking for an answe and have came up with nothing but VBA solutions. For someone wit absolutely no VBA experience, this is daunting!! I'm attempting to create a workbook which will contain 9 worksheets o separate investment portfolios, from which I will use excel to analys the data. However, my problem lies in getting the data in there in th first place. Ideally I would like another worksheet to contain nothing but a for which would allow me to choose the portfolio, the investment, date o valuation and value. Data from this form w...

SUM IN VBA
hello, I need help to create a VBA formula that would add all the rows in column "M" from M11 all the way down until there's an empty row ? Thanks, sub macro() dim rng as range Set rng = Range(Cells(11, 13), Cells(11, 13).End(xlDown)) atotal = Application.WorksheetFunction.Sum(rng) ' ' put the total wherver you want it ' Cells(1, 1).Value = atotal end su -- duan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- duane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1162 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.c...

No tracking info!?
We have a user that isn't seeing any response information under the tracking tab of a meeting they've created. It just says "none" and never updates, even though several users had already accepted. The problem still happens on other PC's where i create his profile. If i create my own profile on any of these same PC's, it works fine. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance. Environment: All Windows 2003 (server), Exchange 2003, XP, and Office 2003 (latest service packs and updates for all). Try opening Outlook with the /cleanfreebusy switch: http://www.howto-outl...

Tracking Dates For Future Occurrences
Can this be done? I want to track a yearly review. I would like the date, once entered - say 6/1/2009, to conditionally format to change yellow 30 days before, then red 15 days before, and then to stay red until the date is updated again for say 6/1/2010. Can this be done? I am new to all this, thanks.. In 2007 Also.. "Knee2no" wrote: > Can this be done? I want to track a yearly review. I would like the date, > once entered - say 6/1/2009, to conditionally format to change yellow 30 days > before, then red 15 days before, and then to stay red until the date is...