Trace Dependents Type Functions Hushed

On Jan 7th at 8:33 PM I posted a question as follows (but
received no help yet and fear it will be lost in antiquity
so let me post it again):

I received an EXCEL file from someone else and, when I
open it, most of the functions on the auditing toolbar
(trace dependents, etc) are all hushed for every cell.  I
thought that, maybe, the workbook or sheet was protected
but it is not.  What else could be prevenbting my access
to these features?

Thanks

0
anonymous (74722)

Tools>options>view and make sure the Objects have show all checked.
If that doesn't help copy the sheet(s) to a new workbook..

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Grace" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On Jan 7th at 8:33 PM I posted a question as follows (but
> received no help yet and fear it will be lost in antiquity
> so let me post it again):
>
> I received an EXCEL file from someone else and, when I
> open it, most of the functions on the auditing toolbar
> (trace dependents, etc) are all hushed for every cell.  I
> thought that, maybe, the workbook or sheet was protected
> but it is not.  What else could be prevenbting my access
> to these features?
>
> Thanks

0
terre08 (1112)
1/8/2004 6:08:59 PM
Ah, excellent!  That did it.

Thx.

0
anonymous (74722)

Transfer a list of info dependent upon variables
Here is a hard one!!! I need a function that will read a range of cells and and find every one that matches a cell on another page. Then it needs to take all the info from the second worksheet and transfer it to the first. Also not have any duplicate account numbers. Example: 2nd worksheet: Account Date Cycle Amount 1141 11/2/2005 2 $25.00 1231 11/24/2005 5 $30.00 12312 11/8/2005 2 $45.00 1141 11/24/2005 2 ...

create a dll with the same functions name as another dll and call a function
Hi, I need to do something a bit weird. I would like to create a dll (call it dll1) with one function inside for instance called Init() and another dll (call it dll2) with the same function name Init(). Now how can I call the init function of dll2 from my init() function in dll1 : Dll1: Init() { Init() } Dll2: Init() { blablabla } I suppose that if I try the compiler is going to complain "mosfet" <tricubes@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:bplb50$jcj$1@news-reader4.wanadoo.fr... > Hi, > > I need to do something a bit weird. > > I would like to c...

status bar sum function
[excel 2000] on status bar, you amy select function to present, for example, sum of selected cells problem is that on my excel, there is written "total sum=2E+06", which is very un-accurate obviously, exponential form is chosen by the reason of large number of digits in number but, it is a sad thing that the most part of the field is occupied by the fixed text "total sum=" [in my localized language version, this text is even longer] it would be much more clever to keep all diggits displayed, and in the case of space shortage, to shorten the fixed text, wouldn't...

ISBN data type
Hi--I am setting up a book lending database for our small non-profit. ISBN's (identification numbers unique to every book) recently went to 13 digits. I want to use the book's ISBN as the primary key for tblBooks, but it is too long for the Long Integer data type, and when you choose Single or Double as the type, it displays the ISBN with an exponent, i.e. 9781564205223 is displayed as 9.781565E+12. Is there any way to "force" Access to display the number as written? Thanks, lcnlit lcnlit <lcnlit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi--I am setting up a book...

bitwise functions
I need bitwise functions for a spreadsheet (shift, OR, XOR, etc). Is there a way to do this in Excel for example? Excel has an OR function and VBA has both OR and XOR but the latter is not included as a worksheet function but for XOR you can use. =NOT(A1)+NOT(B1)=1 another XOR =(A1<>0)+(B1<>0)=1 I have no idea what 'shift' or etc mean in this context -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "vbano" wrote: ...

CRM 4.0 -- New Activity Type?
I know the issue of creating new activity types has been dealt with and swatted down regarding CRM <= 3.0, but anybody know if it's finally possible in 4.0? Microsoft, if you're listening, why isn't this happening? I've seen posts requesting the ability to create new Activity types since 1.0...? Thanks! -Gus Nope - still the same If you think about it it isnt really as easy as you might think. "Gus" <gwelter@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e58820c9-988f-4f1d-870c-4ce7945b5676@n75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I know the issue of creating new activi...

Changing Inventory Item Types
Hello, We have an item # that was setup with the wrong item type. The item number has been added to multiple BOM and given out to others to use. The current item type is Service and it should be Sales Inventory. Any thoughts on ways to change the item type to sales inventory either through the front end or to a SQL table? Thanks, Jerry At the least, you should check all tables for the occurrence of the item type column. I'll paste the contents of the script here. Now, once you change the data behind the scenes, test, test, test. SELECT SYSOBJECTS.ID, SYSOBJECTS.NAME AS 'TAB...

Is there a tool where I can trace incoming email and where it is g
I'm trying to troubleshoot why an individual from a certain domain is having problem sending email to ours. Is there a tool, in exchange, where I can trace incoming email and where it goes? - SMTP (protocol) log - Message Tracking -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Rizal" <Rizal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A12700BA-0845-40F5-866E-582F29047B23@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to troubleshoot why an individual from a certain domain is >...

how do trace dependents for all cells at once?
Thanks for any help. I want to trace all dependents in a worksheet at once-is that possible? I have a large worksheet, and it would take a long time to go to cell by cell to trace dependents. Thanks. AFAIK you can only trace dependents for the Active Cell (or 1 cell at a time). It may be time consuming, but just imagine how confusing it would be to have possibly hundreds (maybe thousands) of arrows & rectangles suddenly overlapping one another. IMHO, that would be even worse. One thing that may expedite the task... Go to Edit>GoTo, click 'Special' & choose Formulas (u...

Strongly typed dataset for hierarchical data
Hi all, I'm trying to create a simple XML structure for storing tree-stryle data for a forum-like software, e.g. each post will have a body field, the ID of the user who posted the message, and zero or more subposts(replies). Thus it would allow for unlimited depth of subposts. I also need a simple table to store UserID, Full Name, etc of the users posting messages. I've created a schema in VS.NET 2003 as follows. However, now I need to add a relation between ID field of User table and UserID field of Post table (one-to-many). If I try to add such relation, I get "Failed ...

In one section of my Word doc, when I type nothing shows up on do
In my Word document, there is one section where the words do not appear when I type them. When I go to "show", there is a wriggly red line where I had wanted the words to appear. Seems as if the text has been formatted as hidden. Select the text and clear the "Hidden" attribute in the Font dialog box. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "packbakr" <packbakr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28C78FA7-95BE-4988-ABA1-63E3A1893409@microsoft.com... > In my Word document, there is one section where the words do not appear ...

Copy function.
Hi, Not sure anyone has encountered this before, but I just started to have this problem recently. This are the steps: 1) Launch EXCEL. 2) Type in cell A1 something eg. ABC 3) Select A1, Ctrl-C to copy. 4) Press down arrow key to A2,or any destination cell. The cursor did not move downwards. I have to use the mouse to click on the destination cell and Ctrl-C. This will only happen on the first Ctrl-C action on each lanuch. After the first action, the subsequet Crtl-C and arrow key will work. However if step 3) is replaced by right click on the mouse or by menu, the arrow ke...

Function or formula to show currently active workbook name in cell
Hi all. Excel 2007 / XP Pro. Is there a function or formula that will display the currently active workbook name (without the path or filename extention) in a cell on the currently open sheet in that workbook? There will be other open workbooks. Appologies if this is a stupid question. One way =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))+1,FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))-FIND("[",CELL("filename",A1))-1) Or see: http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/WorkbookPath.htm -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com ...

Internal Support Function Error #2
When I try and send an email I get a message that says "an internal support function returnded and error". Has anyone experinced this before? ...

Common Function for getting userform information
Hi, My macro has a lot of userform and multi listbox within userform (each userform has unique name). how can I use a function to get the selected items in different listbox? eg. fmMyPlot.lb_Prof_xAxis fmMyPlot.lb_Prof_y1Axis fmMyPlot.lb_Std_Gp fmMyPlot.lb_Std_Series fmMyTemplate.lb_temp1 fmMyTemplate.lb_temp2 any ideas? thx Sub Test() Dim i As Long, n As Long Dim s As String Dim arr Dim lb As MSForms.ListBox Set lb = UserForm1.ListBox1 n = getSelected(lb, arr) If n = -1 Then s = "no items selected" Else s = arr(0...

ROW function does not work as expected
Hello, I am trying to conditionally format a cell based on two values: the value of another cell and the value of this cell itself. I am using the following: =IF(AND(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW();3))="B";D6>0);TRUE;FALSE) Check if in the current row at column 3 the value is "B" and if the value of this cell is greater than 0 This does work if I write it directly in a cell. If I use the exact same formula in the conditional formatting dialog, nothing happens. I learned that in Excel 2003 there was a bug concerning the INDIRECT and AND function (http://groups.google.de/group/m...

Template type problem
Hi, maybe someone can help me with this problem. I've developed a template function using a class I, which is either a CUIntArray or CStringArray. My problem: How do I check on the contents? Specifically, I need to know if the UInt is lesser 1 or if the String is empty. In every other respect, the template is suitable for both kinds of arrays. It's only this one little problem... Thanks, Thomas template <class IO, class O, class I> CString SyncObjects(IO *pointerInt, IO *pointerExt, CStringArray* names, I* nrInt, I* nrExt, O *pObject) { if(nrExt->GetAt(i) <= 0) O...

SUMIF question (although, I think I'm using the wrong function)
I have a 2 column log that tracks incoming call amounts from agents identified as 6 digit numbers CCOOAA - County, Office, Agent#: 171917 4 174327 6 171629 9 174327 13 172832 5 I want to add another table that takes ONLY the first 4 digits from the 6 digit number, then adds the totals from their call amounts. IN the example above, for 174327, it would equal 19. (13+6). =SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(A1:A5,4)="1743"),--(B1:B5)) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "Ashley" wrote: > I have a 2 column log that tracks incoming call amounts from agen...

Calling parent's function
Dear all, i have a typical situation in my project, where several parent windows use a derived edit control (CTextEdit). I wanted to use a mechanism where i can call a parent function from the edit control, CTextEdit, which (function) is common to all the parents yet perform different operations. Therefore the appropriate function is executed at runtime. Can any of you provide an idea to acheive this ?? I am contemplating using RTTI, but have no idea how does it fit in this scenario. thanks for you time "PSN" <prakash437@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1151403925.178623.30...

Version 8 functions that no longer require 'sa'
Can you please provide a list of functions/tasks that previously could only be performed by 'sa' but now can be performed by DYNSA or other users. Penny, The GP v80 What's New pdf contains this information: (Not much of list but the only thing I've found specifically addressing your question) -- Reduce dependence on “sa” user Dependence on the "sa" user has been reduced. (The "sa" user is the system administrator account for SQL Server.) Most tasks that could be completed only by the "sa" user in previous versions now can be completed by ...

Write-host in a function, no newline
I'm trying to create a very basic function function SQLquery ([string]$SQLserver,[string]$SQLCatalog,[string] $SQLQuery) { write-host -fore yellow $SQLserver; write-host -fore red $SQLCatalog; write-host -fore cyan $SQLQuery; write-host "test" write-host "test2" write-host "test3" } SQLquery('a','b','c') the output is a b c(everything in yellow) blank line blank line test test2 test3 I was expecting: a (yellow) b in red c in cyan test test2 test3 What is going on ? My mistake. SQLquery('a&#...

Call functions in parent from a runtime loaded DLL
Hello, I am developing a 'plugin' for a MFC-based GUI. The plugin is also MFC-based, and is a simple dialog. The plugin is loaded at runtime -- i.e. the DLL is not linked and no .DEF file is used. The user specifies the location of a plugin. The plugin needs to call function(s) in the main application. Can this be done? I can pass a pointer to the main application to the DLL. However, how do I tell the linker that calls like: parent->CallFromDll are not undefined but will be available at runtime? Thanks <egrayver@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1156471416.335243.1...

CRM 4 email router not functioning
Hello, I have deployed the email router, with an incoming configuration profile configured with exchange and an outgoing one for smtp. I have configured a deployment and can "load data". When I click on "test access" it reports a problem with the incoming email. I have confirmed that my CRM account is configured to use the email router, not outlook for email routing. I can also confirm that outbound emails are not getting delivered by the email router. They will only get delivered if I switch my account to use the outlook CRM client. I see the following errors...

tender type.
For some reason I am unable to create a voucher/gift card tender type. RMS allows me to create it but it doesn't show in the tender types when I ring the transaction. Is there a check box I missing somewhere? Thanks You must do a Z report before it will appear. Rob "zoostation" <zoostation@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7AA0617-59E3-4CBB-9812-7CFD2BE54401@microsoft.com... > For some reason I am unable to create a voucher/gift card tender type. > RMS > allows me to create it but it doesn't show in the tender types when I ring > th...

Lost suggest names functionality
Help! We've lost the functionality which suggests an e- mail address after the first few characters have been typed. The settings under preferences>advanced e-mail options are all correct. Is there another place that controls addressing? I've talked to a couple of consultants already with no luck. This has just happened on one of our machines. Any help is greatly apprecaited. thanks! Post Outlook version. Post changes made to your system and Outlook configuration. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Jobro" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...