Totaling how many times a specific word is listed in a spreadsheet

I have a very large spreadsheet that list various projects completed and the county in which it was completed for.  I need a the total number of projects completed for each county which is always changing.  How can I get a total without manually counting?
0
Cindy1 (94)

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:38:02 -0700, "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have a very large spreadsheet that list various projects completed and the county in which it was completed for.  I need a the total number of projects completed for each county which is always changing.  How can I get a total without manually counting?

Either use a pivot table, or use a formula of the type:

	=SUMPRODUCT((COUNTY=county)*(PROJECT=complete))

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)

Drop-down list #5

ignore list
I have importet some contact data into mscrm, When I want to add these contacts to a marketing list (add marketing list members / use advanced find/ add all selected members), the adding stops with an error. I have done a trace during the error (occurs everytime I want to add these contacts) which shows me the following error: [2009-08-24 11:15:36.778] Process:OUTLOOK |Thread:5884 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | Found crmId {319C876A-CC39-DC11-9F61-0030485C3892} in ignore list. Update notification will be ignored Function: CItemHelper<struct Outlook::_Co...

Time Series
I have about 30000 lines of data that looks like so: Time Count 93000 447 93001 1020 93002 1438 93003 2177 93004 3042 93005 3467 93006 2913 93007 3341 93008 3547 93009 2908 93010 3512 93011 4090 Where ColA is time. I am having trouble creating a graph with time on the x-axis and count on the y-axis. Thank you in advance. You need to make an XY chart But with 30,000 data points you could run into trouble; Help says you can 32,000 data points in a single data series. However, if you want markers it will look like heck. You could limit the data like this: assume y-values in B2:B30001 in ...

punblisher and word prcoessing software
can publisher be used as word processing sofware? Not very successfully, it's a desktop publishing program. If you don't have the $, download and install OpenOffice. OpenOffice Writer is an excellent word processor — very similar to MS Word. "shelagh" <shelagh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834CE68F-4492-466A-91DC-694F807C578C@microsoft.com... > can publisher be used as word processing sofware? It *could* but it's not the best tool for that job. Specifically what do you want to do? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask...

Separating Date and Time in a cell

is it posible to keep the quick launch icons in a specific layout?
I have moved the task bar tot he right side of the screen. I have a number of applications which I have 'loaded' onto the quick launch section of the task bar. Now, aside from the fact that Microsoft seems to have different icons for it's products in Vista and XP (and the confusion that is causing), is the small minor detail that the vista task bar seems to reorganize at random. I've set up two columns of icons, with tasks "lumped" together in rows according to my own preferences. (mail washer next to the email program, the MP3 tag program next to ...

Run time error 5 : HQClient

Refreshing list boxes
Hi, I have created a database so that mulpile users can add detailss to the table - tblDetails from the form frmDetails or amend details in form frmAmend. I have a list box on the main page frmMain which has a list box lstSearch which shows all the records in the database. When users add new record to the database other users cannot see the added records unless the move to another section in the datbase and the return to the main page thus refreshing the list box. Can anyone tell me if there is a way I can put a "Refresh" button on the main page that updated the list box if the use...

Word 2004 and kyocera printer issue
Hi, I am running a fully patched MAC OSX.4 machine with Office 2004 fully patched. I have installed the latest Kyocera OS X English 10.2 drivers from the kyocera website, for KM7530 model. The driver installs a job accounting feature in the printing presets for that particular printer. The function will work fine for every program other than word, word will not allow you the option to enter a pin code. all the features seem to be greyed out. If i reinstall and go immediately to anotherr program such as Eudora or Firefox or even Excel I can enter and lock the pin number in and it will print...

how to know how many e-mail each user receives per day?
We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. I would like to know how to get an average of how many e-mails each users send and receives per day. ...

Time Format Question
Hello, I currently have time entered like this: 173517 90207 I need to look like this: 5:35 p.m. 9:02 a.m. I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so far. Thank you. With your values in column AA, try: =TIME(LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-4),LEFT(RIGHT(A1,4),2),RIGHT(A1,2)) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201003 "Toria" wrote: > Hello, > I currently have time entered like this: > 173517 > 90207 > > I need to look like this: > 5:35 p.m. > 9:02 a.m. > > I've done a ton of research but nothing has worked so fa...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

calendar for multiple time zone users: all day events
Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work properly? For the others it does intrude on a second day. BossLady wrote: > Users in different time zones post absences and meetings to a shared company > calendar. When an all day event is scheduled in one time zone, it shows as > spanning two days for other time zone users. How do we make this work > properly? Until you upgrade to Outlook...

Find Highest Score In List Formula
Hello all, I'm looking to return the highest score for a users with multiple scores in a list of other users with multiple scores. Thank you, Ron Say the data is like: frank 56 joe 9 frank 74 frank 101 jim 143 jim 146 joe 200 frank 164 joe 135 joe 127 joe 177 jim 10 jim 135 jim 53 frank 190 joe 109 jim 193 jim 29 jim 8 jim 107 joe 93 joe 9 jim 153 jim 186 joe 36 jim 174 jim 141 frank 55 jim 92 frank 141 joe 15 frank 5 frank 34 joe 161 jim 103 joe 88 and we want the max score for frank: =MAX(IF(A1:A36="frank",B1:B36,""...