Totaling cells from separate worksheets to master form

If I have 2 separate worksheets with individual cell values and want the
total to show the sum of obth cells, how do I do it?

Nelson

Suppose those values are in F10 on one sheet and in G6 of the other
sheet, then put this in the appropriate cell of your master sheet:

=3DSheet1!F10 + Sheet2!G6

to add them both together.

If your actual sheet names contain spaces you will need to include
apostophes around the sheet name, like:

=3D'First Sheet'!F10 + 'Second Sheet'!G6

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Apr 21, 10:31=A0pm, snake941 <snake...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> If I have 2 separate worksheets with individual cell values and want the
> total to show the sum of obth cells, how do I do it?
>
> Nelson

0
Pete_UK

Can't display all text in cell
I'm trying to display text in a cell. I've got Wrap Text on, and I hav several paragraphs of text. All of it appears in the formula bar, bu not in the cell displayed on the screen. And yes, I increased the ro height, but it still doesn't show. Any ideas? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am having the same problem. Apparantly there is a 1024 character limitation per cel in excel. The only advice I have received so far, which does work, is to press alt+enter to create a line break. If you find another work around, I would be interested. Hi besid...

Help building a filter on a form
Okay, I downloaded the Issue database template and simplified it greatly. Now, I can't get the "search issues" form to work. I have the following controls on my search form: Application (dropdown list) TextSearch (text field) I'd like to modify the existing code so that when I make an entry and click the "search" button, it will make the form footer visible (where the "browse_all_issues" form is imbedded as a subform). That part works. But, the next lines set the filter and turn it on... Me.FormFooter.Visible = True DoCmd.Mo...

Export Access Record to Specific Cells in Excel
I'm looking for suggestions on how to export data from an Access table or Query into specific cells of a Worksheet. The table I'm importing will always contain a single record only. For example, I'd like to export data from Field1, field2...etc in an access table to Sheet2!A3, Sheet2!B3...etc. Any sugestions would be most appreciative. ...

Save n Refresh New Form
Hi All, I have use the 'Save' command button in the access2000. However, I need additional function when I click the 'Save' button. Click 'Save' - 'Yes' --> Save the data and then refresh into new form with the Log Number(Primary Key) increase to the next number No issue on the 'No' function. Pls help. Thank you. Private Sub SaveData_Click() On Error GoTo Err_SaveData_Click DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, , acMenuVer70 Exit_SaveData_Click: Exit Sub Err_SaveData_Click: MsgBo...

OWA session Timeout (Form Based Auth )
Wondering if it is possible in Exchange 2003 SP2 to have different OWA timeout for different users using the same OWA HTTP VS to connect... If not, can a second HTTP VS on the same server as the first have different timeout, or is it a server setting ( I think it is done trough OWA web admin tool ) !!! Thanks !!! ...

Selecting a Specific Record Form from a subform
I have a form with a subform that I want to select a field from and have it open another form with the data selected from the sub form. I was able to get the operation to work in the subform using the following: Under Parameters of the first field of the subform -- Open4Edit_StationInfo Open4Edit_StationInfo used the following command: FindRecord Find What: =[Forms]![Station Info Subform]![Call Sign] Match: Whole Field Match Case: No Search: All Search As Formatted: Yes Only Current Field: No Find First: Yes The above works when I run the form "Station Info...

Worksheet Problem 01-04-10
So I have a couple of issues. I go to open up a file today and try to unhide two worksheets that were hidden, and they are gone. I can still see them in VBA, but cannot open them and they are not visible at all in excel. I also am having trouble inserting a new worksheet. All the options are they, but I am not able to select insert. Any help would be appreciated. CHeck to see if workbook protection is activated. That would prevent you from being able to add new sheets (or unhide). Also, in VBE, check to see if the missing sheets have a visible status of "xlSheetVe...

Conditional Formatting
I have a row of cells that calculate the totals for their columns but I force to be blank via IF statements until certain conditions are met. Once these conditions are met, the total appears. I'd like to also highlight these total cells via conditional formatting. My conditional formatting input is simply "If Cell is Greater than 0, format". For some reason all the cells format as though they are all > 0 yet they don't display anything. Are there some internal rules that specifiy when a cell is really 0? Is there another way to do this that won't care what the for...

Setting up a Form to be able to print
I have set up a form so as there are two pages (one after the other) on the form. When i view the first page of the form in Print Preview - there are two pages that i am able to print. However, when i print it out, only the "first page" of the Form prints. Any suggestions as to find out how to be able to print both pages of the form? You might try saving the form as a report, then adjusting the margins. Right-click on the form's name in the database window and choose: Save As then change the dropdown in the dialog to Report. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastr...

Sort Worksheets #2
How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks! Check out http://cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm In article <e02c01c43c07$5afeeb70$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Manhar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks! Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/sortws.htm >-----Original Message----- >How do I sort sheets in a workbook, please? Thanks! >. > ...

Separate database server for CRM
We have CRM installed accross an application server and a separate database server. We're getting an error when our custom pages try to access a custom database. The error message: "Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection." Everything works fine in the development environment, which unfortunately has everything on one server. >From other information we've found, the issue seems to be that the ASPNet user is not being authenticated on the database server. If we turn on anonymous access and force it to a domain ac...

counting same text from different cells
Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. It will be really helpful if u could send me the solution thank you om Hi =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"p") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "om" <om@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:96B25715-6B88-40F8-8360-9602A05E3B30@microsoft.com... > Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in > excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that. > > It will be rea...

pulling cell "value"
in the cell C4 i have the formula =now() and I have that cell formatted to custom mmmm so that it displays as January. I am now trying to write some VBA code to look at cell C4 and take the January and then do a vlookup on the array that i have named months. months is the cells D14:E25 column D has a list of the months and column E has a list of numbers that corresponds to these months. This is a custom list so I can not use the standard numbers that excel uses for the months. The vlookup in vba should take the January and find the number in col E that corresponds to it th...

Formatting Cells #13
If you want something from cell (A) to appear in cell (B) and change when the contents of cell A changes, how do I do that? Acurran, =A1 ??? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2000 & 2003 ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Acurran" <Acurran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E800CB99-E6BA-4DF3-BCA0-445A89B2E8A8@microsoft.com... > If you want something from cell (A) to appear i...

Can I use Rule to move digitally signed messages to separate folder?
Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed messages? Thanks in advance. deko <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder > using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed > messages? I don't see that as a selection criterion in the Rules wizard. -- Brian Tillman ...

Hard return in wraptext cell?
Is there a way to place a hard return(carriage return) in a cell with wrap text format so as to align text in the way user wants rather than what excel places? Thanks Mark Sure. Where you want a new line just press Alt+Enter. To remove that just place the cursor at the end of the line before the new line and press Delete Tyro "MP" <NoSpam@Thanks.com> wrote in message news:OAFfO3vVIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to place a hard return(carriage return) in a cell with wrap > text format > so as to align text in the way user wants rather than wh...

Highlighting a cell
I would like to highlight a cell for data entry, but I do not want the color to print. Is there a way to acheive this in Excel 2000. Thanks Sandi <File>, <PageSetup>, <Sheet>tab, Under Print, check the "Black & White" box. HTH, RD ==================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so that all may benefit! ==================================================== "Sandi" <ssteines@abprocess.com> wrote in message news:00c601c376eb$2b9a9910$a301280a@phx.gbl... I would like to highlight a ce...

Totals on Sales Inquiry native windows
We would like to have the totals on the Sales Inquiries: Transaction by Customer Transaction by Document Sales Documents Sales Items Today we can retrieve this information in separated inquiries and reports, be we would like to heve a easier way to see this totals... The same suggest can be applied to Smartlist. If possible, you can create a tool to sum a field after you make a filter I created a screen where you can see all sales, separated by day of week, and week of year, and totals YTD,MTD and WTD, but I am not able to have the same information grouped by item number, for example.....

in MS EXCLE how we can protect only one cell?
plz do repl me soon Hi First select all of the cells in the Sheet>Format>Cells>Protection>remove the check mark form Locked. Next select the single cell you want to be locked>Format>Cells>protection>check Locked. Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet (optionally provide a password - remember to write it down somewhere of you do) -- Regards Roger Govier anu khan wrote: > plz do repl me soon EXCEL 2007 This assumes that you wish to protect cells D 83 to D 85. If you wish to protect just one cell replace D 83 to D 85 (below) with the cell ...

Forms problem #2
Hi all, I've designed a form in MSO 2003 with a picture for a background and the bcc field having a default value. The problem is that when I send attachments through this form sometimes the recipient gets the attachment as a .dat file! I like the functionality of the form that I've created but the problem with the attachments is a big one! Any suggestions? -pnp Do not use Outlook Rich Text as the form message format. Use Plain Text or HTML instead. The winmail.dat is caused by clients that cannot understand RTF (all except Outlook/Eudora) wrapping the formatting in the .da...

Selecting Cells with Shift Key
When I am selecting cells in Excell, I use the shift key and the arrows on my keyboard. If I pause at all, the selection is lost when I continue with the selection. Why? Can anyone help me? If you have removed your finger from the shift key then Windows will think you are starting a new selection. Just be sure that you don't touch the arrows without the shift being held down. LWhite "Jaymndad" <Jaymndad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:961E850D-AFAD-444C-AB81-F4A609BCB3BA@microsoft.com... > When I am selecting cells in Excell, I use the shift key...

Merge Cells, but keep backgrounds
In excell 2003 is there a way to merge cells so the text spans them all, but keep the current background of the cells (which are not all the same color)? No Try Center Across Selection and avoid merged cells whenever possible. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 30 May 2009 09:16:12 -0700 (PDT), "dan@danirwin.net" <dan@danirwin.net> wrote: >In excell 2003 is there a way to merge cells so the text spans them >all, but keep the current background of the cells (which are not all >the same color)? Is there a way to center across selection vertically or just horizonta...

Linking Outlook fields from the "Contact Folder" to a custom form in Outlook...
Using Exchange Server 2003/Outlook 2003, we have created a custom Help Desk form in Outlook. We would like the ability to link specific fields from the Contacts Folder (Example B), in a drop-down list box if possible. We are far from knowing that something like this is even possible. Would appreciate *any* suggestions. Thank you. ...

Forms like the Invoice Template
I would like to design some of my own business forms similar to the Invoice template that comes with Excel 97. Can someone point me in the right direction to get started? Thanks, -- B Try: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5c619eb3-950b-4fc3- 8df4-88fb9ee83dc6&DisplayLang=en Watch word wrap here... HTH "Bradley M. Small" <BSmall@XNOSPAMXmjsi.com> wrote in message news:u1ZKd9YvDHA.4060@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I would like to design some of my own business forms similar to the Invoice > template that comes with Excel 97. Can someone point ...

Hierarchical Worksheet Tabs??? New Excel feature?
I do not know if newer versions of Excel than I have have this function, but in working with a budget in Excel, it sure would be a nice feature to be able to "stack" in a hierarchy the worksheet tabs at the bottom, instead of scrolling horizontally for hundreds of feet! In other words, I want to have a Worksheet "Travel Budget" and instead of having each month's in a horizontal tab, I could scroll up and down from a "Master" worksheet to sub-worksheets ties to the master...instead of just adding worksheet after worksheet in an ever growing hard to mana...