Total is sum of bold values

Suppose I have a the following columns in a Excel
Worksheet :-

A		B		C		D
4 (b)		6		4 (b)		5
6		6 (b)		6 (b)		6
3 (b)		6 (b)		4		4
6		4 (b)		3		1 (b)
                         SUM
7		16		10		1

The totals add only the values that are bold..
(b denotes bold text)

How can I make this (Total/Bold) functionality to work in
Excel ?

0
shissa (1)

See

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#BoldSum

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Saj" <shissa@leics.gov.uk> wrote in message
> Suppose I have a the following columns in a Excel
> Worksheet :-
>
> A B C D
> 4 (b) 6 4 (b) 5
> 6 6 (b) 6 (b) 6
> 3 (b) 6 (b) 4 4
> 6 4 (b) 3 1 (b)
>                          SUM
> 7 16 10 1
>
> The totals add only the values that are bold..
> (b denotes bold text)
>
> How can I make this (Total/Bold) functionality to work in
> Excel ?

0
terre08 (1112)

Bulk Import for Picklist Value
Hi, I am trying to import a column within account that has a type as picklist. I added the mapping in picklist column to the available lov. When i import the account, it's successfully added. However when i check into the account, the picklist column has no value at all. Any workaround for this?? Thx Carrie It happens on CRM 3.0 "Carrie" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to import a column within account that has a type as picklist. I > added the mapping in picklist column to the available lov. When i import the > account, it's successfully added. Howev...

Building Chart based on Column Value
I would like my chart to show rows where "COLUMN C" = "TEAM1". Then I can change "TEAM1" to "TEAM2" and only chart rows where "COLUMN C" = "TEAM2". Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks! Greg Hi Greggy, There is a sample here http://www.edferrero.com/ReportWorkbook.zip (Might be a bit more than what you want, but the techniques are the same) Ed Ferrero http://www.edferrero.com >I would like my chart to show rows where "COLUMN C" = "TEAM1". Then I > can change "TEAM1" to "TEAM2" a...

How to delete rows automatically with values zero out?
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with hundreds of rows. Many of them were entered at the beginning and then were reversed out. I got this spreadsheet from our ERP system. It is just like this: Part# Quantity Value 013-001 1 $1.00 013-001 -1 $1.00- 013-002 5 $25.00 013-007 3 $120.00 013-007 -3 $120.00- 022-001 12 $17.00 041-009 7 $251.00 041-009 -7 $251.00- 052-061 10 $30.00 How can I delete those rows autometically with the quantity were zero out. I don't want them show up on my spr...

Ignoring 0 values in the series data
How can I get my chart to ignore values which are zero in the series data and not show these? replace zeros with =NA() Manges -- mangesh_yada ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1047 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38003 You can delete the formulas that are producing zero, or replace them with =IF(formula=0,#N/A,formula) Jerry Alison wrote: > How can I get my chart to ignore values which are zero in the series data a...

Summing the last 200 days
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me - I need to add up the 200 most recent days for a spreadsheet and was wondering rather than messing with cut and paste if there was a formula that could do it all for me. I will have more than 200 days worth of info. Also the sheet I am adding up on has gaps between the weeks so its not just a matter of copying the formula over. Thanks! Louja, If you want the last 200 days of data - assuming one data point per day: =SUMIF(A1:A1000, ">=" & LARGE(A1:A1000,200), B1:B1000) Or within the last 200 days: =SUMIF...

Counting Unique Values within a Group
I have a report that lists students by grade and the amount of money donated by that student's family. If the parents are divorced, the student's name is listed twice, once for each parent. I want to count only the unique student record in each grade. DCount is giving me the count for the whole school regardless of what group detail i put it in. How do I count only the unique records within each grouping? Thanks in advance. I would attempt to create a totals query that groups by whatever and counts something. Add this totals query to your report's record source...

Missing Sum at Bottom Right Corner
When I highlight a few cells, the sum of the numbers should show up i the bottom right corner of my screen. However, this is not appearing. How do I turn this feature on -- Ramro ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ramrod's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2689 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47083 Make sure the status bar is turned on: tools|options|View tab|in the Show Section. Make sure that the statusbar is visible. window|arrange|tiled (and resize by hand) rightclick ...

Adding sums in rows and columns and colouring cells with conditions
Hi all, I have a long table where i need to add and colour individual cells based on 'days home' and 'days away'. The table is uploaded here https://www.yousendit.com/download/MnFqaUNBUzhoMlYzZUE9PQ In order to automate some of this i'd like to automate some, but preferably all aspects of this, such as: 1. automatically colour the cell orange for "home" and yellow for "away" 2. add separately in the home and away columns the number of days for each 3. add the rows for the alternate lines (ie days only, rates only) I want to do this without yet another...

How to have one year value added to another cell
I have a cell where I date foramtted fill in the date. How to have on another cell the date + one year automatically filled? So, A1 02-04-06 auto: B1 02-04-07 Bart Excel 2003 =DATE(YEAR(A1)+1,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) Bob Umlas Excel MVP "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1164983094.802613.212520@l12g2000cwl.googlegroups.com... > I have a cell where I date foramtted fill in the date. > How to have on another cell the date + one year automatically filled? > > So, > > A1 02-04-06 > > auto: > B1 02-04-07 > > > Bart >...

SQL to get the lowest unique value from table
Hi I'm looking for some SQL to get the lowest unique value in a table: eg, <table> ID BID 1 1 2 1 3 1 4 2 5 2 6 2 7 3 8 4 3 is the lowest unique value. I would need to return the ID. Any suggestions? thanks Lee "Lee" <lee@digital-interactive.com> wrote in message news:a981d263-7f22-4b14-8493-014559da8590@z41g2000yqz.googlegroups.com... > Hi > I'm looking for some SQL to get the lowest unique value in a table: > eg, > > <table> > > ID BID > 1 1 > 2 1 > 3 1 > 4 2 > 5 2 > 6 2 ...

Total Minutes Worked Within IVR Timing
Hi, I need to figure out how many total minutes employee worked during the IVR Timing. Each employee works different shift and it can run overnight into next morning where there may be IVR coverage before employee logs out. IVR Timing is same for Saturday/Sunday and same from Monday to Friday. IVR Timing Table; data type is Date/Time but only Time is available because date should be same as the schedule date DayIs IVRStart IVRStop Sunday 10:00:00 AM 6:00:00 PM Monday 9:00:00 AM 9:00:00 PM Tuesday 9:00:00 AM 9:00:00 PM Wednesday 9:00:00 AM 9:00:00 PM Thursday 9:00:00 AM ...

valid FirstName value
Hello everyone, Anyone know how to search for a valid FirstName in a field? eg.: Himansu Rich Anna Tom .... I don't want junk like this: AA, 0, "Himansu" 'Rich' Any assisatance will be greatly appreciated. Have a nice evening. Thanks, Himansu How about "Gert-Jan"? //Peter "Himansu" <himansu114@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u3#lXzwZKHA.6028@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > Anyone know how to search for a valid FirstName in a field? > > eg.: > Himansu > Rich ...

Can you expand/collapse columns based on a reportitem/field values
I have a report that is driven by accounting periods. The columns are 1, 2, 3, Q1, 4, 5, 6, Q2...YTD. Currently when the report opens all that is shown is Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, and YTD and the user can expand from there. What I want to happen is, if we are in Q2, I want columns 4,5,6, Q2 to be expanded. So the report should read Q1, 4,5,6, Q2, Q3, Q4, YTD. Is this possible? Thanks in advance Original Stealth, Certainly can. I created the following dataset: SELECT 'Q1' AS Expr1, 1 AS Expr2, 500 AS Expr3 UNION ALL SELECT 'Q1' AS Expr1, 2 AS Expr...

adding values of cells
I am trying to use a formula or function that will look at a cells say column A check for a condition, if true, then add the value of another cell that is on the same row to another cell. Yes I know that may be difficult to understand so let me give you an example. A B C D 1 2 dvd 25.23 3 cd 12.25 4 dvd 25.23 5 cd 12.25 6 bat 19.25 ok so what i want to do is look at column A, and look for any cells that have dvd and add the corresponding value from column D to cell B1. So in this case we can see the cell A2 and cell A4 is dvd so I want to add cells D2 and D4 and that...

total of a range of times
This should be simple for some of you, but not for me. I am a runner, I have 4 ind. cells w/my split times. How do I get a total for the tallied times. I'm far from being experienced but am trying to learn..any and all help will be much appreciated. Thanks, Roger Roger To help you in your quest to "try to learn" I will direct you to Chip Pearson's site so's you can learn just about all you'll ever need for Time Calculations. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datetime.htm#AddingTimes Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:19:02 -0800, "Roger WG" &...

Originating Values
I have been workign with GP for a while, but am, not really clear on the difference between Originating Price and Price, Originating Cost and Cost, etc. Can anyone clue me in, I haven't been able to find a good explanation. Thanks Chris I believe this has to do with Multicurrency. 'Originating' is the originating currency. If you are not using Multicurrency the Originating field will be the same as the other field. If your making any changes to the windows using Modifier be careful because these two fields are 'stacked' on top of one another. "Chris Hornun...

Copying Specific Values From Sheet
Hi. Is there a way to copy specific rows from 1 sheet to another? For instance I have a workbook containing 4 tabs. These are labeled "raw data", "Sheet A"," Sheet B", and "Sheet C". On the "raw data" sheet there are 3 columns. One of the columns is titled "Project". In there the values are A, B, C or D (and maybe E someday). I would like to say "if the "Project" column contains and "A" copy everything on that row to "sheet A". Basically I want to take all t he information that has a proje...

Summing in page footer
In my page footer section of a report I need to have a "Subtotal" which is "NonTaxable" + "TaxableNetAmt". Sometime my TaxableNetAmt will be 0. How can I make the Subtotal be the sum of NonTaxable and TaxableNetAmt? I have tried many different ways and I get #error. My control source for NonTaxable is = [NetAmount] and the control source for "TaxableNetAmt" is TaxableNetAmt. Or will be entered on teh form... THanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200706/1 On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 18:41:10...

Repeat values in column A a certain number of times depending on the value in column B
Imagine a set of data as set out below: Column A Column B Apples 24 Pears 36 Oranges 8 I want to poplulate a column (for exampel column A on a new sheet), where the values in column A will be repeated as many times as the value in column B Thus the first 24 rows will say Apples, the next 36 rows will Pears, Oranges. I need a formula that recogonizes that when it gets to row 25 that it should no longer need to copy Apples, but then switch to pears. This might sound like an unusual request but if I can grasp a way to do this I can create the table I need and populate the rest...

Sorting Alpha-Numeric Values
I would like to sort data that have aplha numeric values. When I use the sort command, the numbers wind up getting sorted by place values instead of the actual value of the number, kind of like alphabeticaly except with numbers instead of letters. For instance, I would like to these numbers sorted like this: 17A 36B 265F 1492C 1609A Instead, Excel sorts them like this: 1492C 1609A 17A 265F 36B It appears that the suffixed alpha characters alter the way the numbers would normally be sorted. Any ideas how I can sort them more logically/numericaly? Thanks! Larry ...

Displaying Total Word Count on Cover Sheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to display/show the Total Word count of my document on the Cover Page, when I print my document is is there on the Cover Page. How can I do that? Is there an Auto Text or something like that that I can use? Please anyone reply please. You can use Insert> Field to insert the NumWords Field from the Document Information category. However, the field does not update automatically. You need to update it manually by clicking in the field & pressing F9, by Control/Right-Clicking the Field & selecting...

Total working hours problem if it start from 30 at night and ends on the 31 morning
Dear all, i am using this to get the total wroking hours per day TOTAL WORKING HOURS PER DAY: DateDiff("n",[TIME IN],[TIME OUT]+DateDiff ("n",[TIME IN 2],[TIME OUT 2]))/60 It is working perfectly until i have this Employee Name Day Date Time Clock In/OUT Tia Kareem Fri 10/30/2009 5:59pm IN Tia Kareem Sat 10/31/2009 3:27am OUT IF i will use the same expression i will be getting total working hours per day : -14.53 Employee Name Date IN ...

Conditional Max value
Hi, i have 2 columns and i'm trying to calculate the conditonal maximum from column one. These are the columns : 47 7 44 7 71 7 58 7 214 4 22 4 54 7 1 7 45 7 21 7 and i try to find a formula that gives the maximum in column one, where column 2 has value 7 in this case this would be 58 Marc Marc, Use the following array formula: =MAX(IF(B1:B10=7,A1:A10,FALSE)) Change the range references to match your data. This is an array formula, so you must press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER rather than just ENTER when you first enter the for...

converting checkboxes to a text value
I have an existing database that employs checkboxes. I'd like to create a report that displays those boxes as "yes/no" text values, so that I can export them to an .rtf format, and have them actually show up. I'm a novice, so any help is greatly appreciated. The purpose of this is to be able to email specific pages of the report. I'm also open to other ideas for making this possible, if I'm going about this the wrong way. Thanks in advance. Charitycase wrote: > I have an existing database that employs checkboxes. I'd like to > create a report that...