Tools/Options/View/Zero Value

Under Tools/Options/... I set up the defaul drive in G (net work drive).
Today, the network drive is down and I am working on C drive.

I'd like the worksheet doesn't show zero values when viewing it, so I unchecked
the box "zero values".  But it keeps giving me the message "Cannot access
directory G:\excel\...", and the zero values are still there.

How can I by pass this message and the zero values would not show?

Thanks.
Mia
0
maito (2)

Adding options to "Show Time As" in Calendar appointment
What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like "Sick" etc... I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally - how easy is this? Thanks J John wrote: > What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like > "Sick" etc... > > I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally > - how easy is this? > > Thanks > J I'm not an Outlook forms expert, but I think a custom form with some behind-the-scenes code will do what you need. However, it's g...

Replacing values based on a set list
Hi Could anyone help me with this one: - I have an Excel workbook with two worksheets: sheet1 and sheet2. On sheet1, I have 2 columns of data:- Column 1 - CityID Column2 - CityName On sheet2, I have a list of 500 office locations, some of which are in the same city. Sheet2 has several columns, one of which is the city location of the office. I am trying to prepare the Excel sheet ready to import into Access and want to replace each instance of the city location listed on sheet2 with the CityID number from sheet1 where the city is matched. For example: - Sheet 1 CityID CityName 1...

Can't get a value from a querry into a forms text box
I have a main Shippin Control table, and a main Shipping Control form with description of cargo and quantity text boxes. I have a querry which is a join of tblValues and tblShipping_Control. The SQL is below SELECT Shipping_Control.DescriptionofCargo, Shipping_Control.CargoQty, tblValues.Value, ([Shipping_Control].[CargoQty]*[tblValues].[Value]) AS CommercialValue, Shipping_Control.ShippingDate, Shipping_Control.ShipTo, Shipping_Control.ShipFrom, Shipping_Control.CollectionNoteNo, Shipping_Control.PackingListNo, Shipping_Control.ShipmentID, Shipping_Control.Customer FROM Ship...

Contact View and Automatic Formatting
I have installed Outlook XP (Office XP have SP1 and SP2); I try to personalize a View of Contact folder. I want to use Automatic formatting and set this condition: "Message Class" contains "IPM.Contact". It doesn't work! When i used Office 2000 it work.. strange.. any helps?? Andrea ...

Custom View Question Please
Outlook 2003. I'm sure I can probably do this but I am not sure how. I would like to make a default custom view that has a monthly calendar in the large pane on the right and on the left the folder view that you get by pushing the "Mail" button (Favorite folders on top and All Mail Folders under that). How would I do this done please? -- Thanks in advance... Bob You can't have mail in the navigation pane and the calendar in the middle. Sometimes the navigation pane won't change to the calendar until after you select a specific date, but that's a fluke, not typ...

Unable to view Public Folders from Outlook Calendar
I'm running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I created a public folder named "Trades Shows" as a calendar. I can view "Trades Shows" from the calendar list view under Mail, but I'm unable to open the calendar from the calendar tab by choosing "Open a Shared Calendar". When I choose to view Public Folders from the dropdown no public folders are listed. I have 10 public folders and none of them are listed in the dropdown selection list. Any idea why this would be the case? I think it will be if you add it to your "favorites"... -- Su...

In publisher I lost my view of choosing page one or page two (fr.
I have used publisher for years, and suddenly whatever publisher file I open, that have front and back pages, I cant view the two pages selector on the lower left area of my form. When I print, it will pront both fromt and back pages on two sheets as page one and two but I can't select between page one and two, to edit page two, as I only see page one. View--status bar -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lloyd" <Lloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A39AE1F-1436-4F29-83C0-136...

Named range(s) of non-adjacent cells return #VALUE! error in array formulas
I have ranges made up of non-adjacent cells from one worksheet and I get a #VALUE! error when I try to do any conditional count or sum calculation with an array formula on either or both of them. Each range is a selection of 32 non-adjacent cells from a single column. The cells contain array formulas that return percentages. Example of range values I8: 5.9% I11: 12.1% I14: 22.3% I17: 0.0% I was able to get values returned from simple functions like Max and Min but the following example gives me the #VALUE! error: {=SUM(IF((Rng>0),1,0))} =COUNTIF(Rng,"<.0125") Any wisdom ...

Tool bar hide in Ac2007
I have an application written Ac2000 that runs fine on computers using Ac2003. A new user installed Ac2007. Part of the program startup procedure applies code to hide toolbars (docmd.ShowToolbar etc.). Normally, the main switchboard form then covers the whole screen. With Ac2007, the toolbar does not hide. Not only does the toolbar show, but an object list also displays on left screen. What kind of code can I write to hide the toolbar and object list. Is there also code that will allow the program to know that it has opened in Ac2007? ...

Page Options in Publisher 2007
I woner if anyone has a clue about this problem I am having. None of the 5 Microsoft technicians that I have talked to have any understanding. I create a newsletter by starting with a newsletter template. I modify the template by adding my own stories and artwork. That works fine. But then, when I want to made a web doxument of this, I want to convert the mulicolumn newsletter to a single column web newsletter. To do this, I go to PAGE OPTIONS and click "1 Column." But when I do this, all of my work is erased and replaced by the content of the original template as it wa...

Repeated Values in a Spread sheet
Hi.. I have a captured csv file of a telephone bill. I would like to filter the data as follows, The numbers called must be grouped together. the most dialled numbers must be at the top (or bottom) of the sheet- maybe indicating the number of times it was dialed (occurance) Thanx -- !ngeniuos (99% Perspiration) You should obtain a unique list of numbers dialled on a separate sheet using Advanced Filter, then you can use a COUNTIF formula to count how many calls are made to each of those numbers, then sort this in descending order. Hope this helps. Pete On May 23, 9:40 am, !ngeniuos &...

"Outlook cannot correctly save the view" ...
Outlook 2000 / Exchange 2003 Outlook v2000 will give an error when just scrolling through the Inbox: "Outlook cannot correctly save the view. Any changes you made to the view may be lost." Then when you try to open a message you get "Outlook is unable to view the object". The only way around it is to shut down Outlook and restart. When you get back into Outlook, any customization (colors, fonts, preview settings) the user had to their inbox is gone. Anybody seen this? Suggestions? Thank you. KJS wrote: > Outlook 2000 / Exchange 2003 > > Outlook v200...

How to use a ListCtrl in a doc/view application?
I have build a application with a CFormView with a ListControl on the dialog resource. I want to know where you are suppose to declare the variable that is used to reference that listcontrol. I Just used the class wizard to add a reference to it in my view class, but how to I access that variable in my document class. I want to say update my list from within the doc class, How do I do that? Hope this all makes sense. >I have build a application with a CFormView with a ListControl on the dialog >resource. I want to know where you are suppose to declare the variable that >is used to...

setup option to roll down changes from customer card billing addre
I received a suggestion that if a user makes a change to the bill to address on the customer card, you should be able to roll the changes down to your transactions. The custoemr would like to see a setup option that would do this. I received this suggestion at convergence. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader...

reference to lookup value
I'm trying to write an expression that refers to a value in a combobox on a form that is derived from a lookup field on a table that (of course) refers to values on another table. How can I properly reference this? Messing around with the bound column properties for the combo box and the underlying table has not helped. The only values I can get passed through to the VBA editor are the index value and null.-- Why are you asking me? I dont know what Im doing!Jaybird "Jaybird" <Jaybird@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0D3D41C1-3C87-471F-983E-E2285D61E8CA...

excel file cannot be viewed
i used access to export a table to another excel file. but the excel file cannot be viewed by just double-clicking its icon. however, it can be viewed by opening it from excel itself. why is it so? please help me. any help is very much appreciated. thank you in advance Try this: <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, And *uncheck* "Ignore Other Applications". -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "FooYC" <FooYC@discus...

view cell content in header
Hi folks Can I customise the header so the left section = the content of a cell in the sheet eg A1. All I seem to be able to do is add date, page etc etc.. thanks john Images of home (NZ) http://www.titahi-bay.co.nz/home What we are up to in the UK http://www.titahi-bay.co.nz You need some VBA code to do this: You can use the workbook_beforeprint event to modify the header. Option Explicit Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With Me.Worksheets("sheet1") .PageSetup.LeftHeader = .Range("a1").Text End With End Sub This goes behind the ThisW...

view & update (VBA-command button) two sheets concurrently
I would like to have two sheets visible concurrently so I can see the results of an update (both sheets) triggered by a command button (VBA macro code) on one of the sheets. Goto menu Windows> New Window and select the appropriate sheet, then Windows>Arrange... This wiull get your setup, do this with the macro recorder on and you get your code. --- HTH Bob Phillips "jay4690" <jay4690@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA58C497-08AA-466E-8304-BC1EB5C2CE04@microsoft.com... >I would like to have two sheets visible concurrently so I ...

if false return a zero
i have the following formula that compares values between two worksheets. If the value is true it returns the value on a specific cell. If the value is false, it is returning a blank but I need it to return a zero instead. I can't for some reason make it work...anyone has any idea why? =IF($A8=INDIRECT("[SDS2005CE.xls]we"&$BU8&"!$L$3"),INDIRECT("[SDS2005CE.xls]we"&$BU8&"!N"&COLUMNS($A$1:E5)+16),0) Try a quick check to ensure zero values are not suppressed on the sheet: Click Tools > Options > View tab > Check "...

Plural/Possessive Options
I am creating a user form court pleading containing plaintiff and defendant names - sometimes singular parties, sometimes more than one. I have a text box for the user to fill in Plaintiff or Plaintiffs, Defendant or Defendants. Throughout the pleading there are references to the parties, and depending on whether they are individual or multiple parties, their references can be Plaintiffs' (Plaintiff's) or Defendants' (Defendant's). Is there a way to determine where to put the apostrophe, depending on how the user identifies the party in the original text box, or...

Change default value of From: field
Hey all, Is there a registry hack or something similar that can make my default 'from' address something other than my primary address? I can easily type the alternate address in for every email but that's a huge pain. Any help is much appreciated. What type of email account? If IMAP or POP3, no hack needed - change it on the Account settings dialog. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.o...

Smartlist Builder View Security
I have a poweruser who builds Smartlist reports but she does not have access to SQL. When she creates a new report using an existing View, the user always gets a blank Smartlist report (exploring...completed... no records). We followed the advice to mark all tables and views in SmartList builder security but that never seems to do the trick. I am running grant.sql on all our companies now. Does she have to come to me to run the script every time she has a new report? Why doesn't the Smartlist Security option add DYNGRP to the view security? thanks Because Smartlis...

SQL Views for CRM reports
I created an ODBC datasource, some stored procedures and a view in SQL Enterprise manager on which I based and developed a fairly complex Crystal Report. I tried uploading this report to CRM and the error I am getting when trying to open it is this: Crystal Report Viewer: "Failed to load database information. File *****.rpt" Thanks, Miriam Microsoft CRM 1.2 is only licensed to access crm data. I assume you are using an odbc data source to bring in data from other systems? "Miriam C." <MiriamC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC6C6276-AE81-4...

Problem when displaying a value
Hello, I am displaying a value in a textbox of a form (mytextbox.Caption = 14595" , and the result in display is : 1,4595E+04 Is there a way to force Access to display the value as 14595 and not as 1,4595E+04 ? Thank you. I'm confused. If this is a text box, it does not have a Caption property. Just set the Format property to: General Number of possible Fixed. If it is a label, try: MyLabel.Caption = Format(14595, "General Number") -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to g...

Word 2008 "Draft View" font drawing issues
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I work in &quot;draft view,&quot; which is most of the time, and I'm scrolling, the program often doesn't properly redraw the text. As a result, the ends of lines of text disappear or sometimes I see double images of text. I can redraw the text either by doing a &quot;select all&quot; or by flipping to &quot;print layout view,&quot; both of which are complete time-wasters. <br><br>I didn't have this problem in Word 2004 when I was in &quot;normal view,&quot...