toolbar customization

533 MHz Power PC G4 384 MB SDRAM

MAC OS X 10.3.3=20

Office X: Excel 10.1.5 (Service Release 1)

When I drag command buttons to Excel's Standard Toolbar I get grayed-out =

icons as follows:

Hide Detail
Show Detail
Insert Rows

Ironically the following buttons, dragged in precisely the same =
fashionto the=20
Standard Toolbar,  work satisfactorily:

Insert Columns
Delete Column
Delete Row

Any suggestions? Has MS discoveed and repaired these bugs for the May=20
2004 updates?

0
anonymous (74722)

While they're not bugs, they are confusing.

You probably dragged the Insert Rows button from the Edit category,
which is used with the List Manager, rather than the Rows button from
the Insert menu, which inserts rows in the worksheet. The List Manager
icons are context sensitive in that they are deactivated unless a List
is active. Unfortunately, they have the same icon, so it's really a pain.

The Hide and Show Detail buttons are context sensitive, and won't be
active unless you have grouped rows/columns in your sheet, or a Pivot
table active.

There's no fix necessary, obviously, and I can't comment on specifics,
but my evaluation is that MacBU has made significant efforts in
real-time documentation in XL04.

In article <243f01c41c5a$f4db8cc0$7d02280a@phx.gbl>,
 "Sam Bays" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> 533 MHz Power PC G4 384 MB SDRAM
>
> MAC OS X 10.3.3
>
> Office X: Excel 10.1.5 (Service Release 1)
>
> When I drag command buttons to Excel's Standard Toolbar I get grayed-out
> icons as follows:
>
> Hide Detail
> Show Detail
> Insert Rows
>
> Ironically the following buttons, dragged in precisely the same fashionto the
> Standard Toolbar,  work satisfactorily:
>
> Insert Columns
> Delete Column
> Delete Row
>
> Any suggestions? Has MS discoveed and repaired these bugs for the May
> 2004 updates?

0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Documenting Customizations
I have been looking around for an easy way to pull our customizations information out of 3.0 in some organized fashion so we can see all the changes we've made without sorting through a huge xml document or 100 different entity change documents. So far I have come up empty. Has anyone seen a tool or method for this? If I find anything I will post back. This might be a start, though it won't show you any customizations to onload or onchange events, nor will it show you any isv.config customizations: http://yourcrmserver/sdk/list.aspx provides a list of all of the attributes an...

Custom Format #3
Is there a way to format numbers in size/speed such as mb/sec. In IT when they are charting different server speeds and want to show a table for the chart, the only place that I was able t display mb/sec was on the x-axis. Not sure if this is possible or not ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com "finlain" <finlain.xiicy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:finlain.xiicy@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Is there a way to format numbe...

in VBA
Using Office 2003 I would like to reset any custom filter settings from all columns. The following resets Column 1 only: Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1 What is the VBA code to reset Columns 1-17? TIA Dennis Dennis, Selection.AutoFilter You could have found that out by yourself if you had just used Macro Record (as I did). -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Dennis" <dmburgess@removespamameritech.net> wrote in message news:961i10teu4q5r2t6rh38bmen6lski9r6f6@...

Data Loss from Customers after Installing SP2 with Exchange Mail
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3211973973_9913202 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hi All, I wanted to give you an update regarding Microsoft Office 11.2.0 Service Pack 2 (SP2), which we released Sept. 20th. SP2 has been a resounding success in most cases, however, we have received a few isolated reports of lost data from customers after installing SP2. Known issue: After installing SP2, if an Exchange mailbox is moved ...

Customer Reporting help!
Im looking for a way to check my customer numbers in a multi store environment, I have every POS forced to ask the operator to select the customers name, and if they are not recognised then the operator selects a "walkin" customer account. The theory behind this is that i want to know my average spends of my "walkin" off the street, versus my recognised customers who are on the system. i cant get any sort of summary report that i can see which will tell me this sort of thing, Is there anywhere i can get additional reports which may contain the report im looking for...

Customization 08-18-04
Hello, Is it possible to remove the "Quotes" "label" for example for thoses customers who make invoices in another system and who don't want to see it in the application to avoid "poblems" ? Thanks in advance for help, regards. Dominique Szczudlak I think that no... over Professional version You can achieve this by changing the users CRM security role so they cannot read quotes -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Dominique Szczudlak" <dszczudlak@NOaxialogSPAMfr&...

Custom Address in Exchange 2003 for x500
Hopefully someone has does this before. I'm currently trying to implement a recipient policy that will update the recipient contacts in AD and add an x500 address that will match our old Exchange 5.5 x500. Everytime I try to add a custom address type with x500 I receive the following message: The e-mail address description object in the Microsoft Exchange directory for the 'x500' address type on 'i386' machines is missing. Has anyone been able to accomplish this before? What did you need to do? Thanks in advance, Dave You need a proxy address generator DLL for th...

custom filter does not work correctly
I have a worksheet with one column contains a list of codes in each cell. The list can be longer than 256 characters. When I tried to use the custom filter to filter this column, it does not seem to display rows containing what I was looking for correctly. In the column, the codes is listed in a comma delimited list like aaa, bbb, ccc, ... If I tried to use the custom filter to look for a code that exists on some rows beyond 256 characters, Excel will not display these rows. Only rows that the code can be found in the first 256 characters will be filtered. Is this a limitation of Excel...

I created a custom template but the background will not print?
I created a custom template adding a background image. It loads just fine, but when I print the background is not there. Also when converting to PDF it is not there. What do I need to do? Excel doesn't print backgrounds, insert the image into a custom header instead. jaguilar wrote: > I created a custom template adding a background image. It loads just fine, > but when I print the background is not there. Also when converting to PDF it > is not there. What do I need to do? As Bob I points out, regular Format>Sheet>Backgrounds do not print out. You ha...

Adjusting toolbar size, restore toolbar
I use MSN stock quote add-in. This has a toolbar w/ several buttons on it. However, I did something the other day and now I can not view all the buttons. And I can not adjust the width by "dragging". How can I restore the toolbar or adjust the width. I also unistalled and reinstalled the add-in, but it did not help Thank you! Try View > Toolbars > Customize "Josh M" wrote: > I use MSN stock quote add-in. This has a toolbar w/ several buttons on it. > However, I did something the other day and now I can not view all the > buttons. And I can n...

Preserving new custom styles
Hello everyone, I have a serious problem with microsoft excel. I recently created a new custom style in excel. For this, i went to format > Style > (add new style name & properties & press Add button). This was for a new currency style and this "new Style" had appeared whenever i selected a cell and selected the "format cell" menu. Now, the problem is that I had closed this application and when I opened a new microsoft excel application, this style was missing. I had to go through the whole process of creation. From this, I understood that Excel doesnot ...

Customer account
Can I create a customer to have two different shipping locations with different shipping account, one UPS one FedEx? or I need to crearte two customer accounts? (GP 8.0) Please advise. Thanks. stien Yes, you can create multiple shipping address ID's for that customer. You can assign a different shipping method & tax schedule to each address for that customer. This should take care of your issue. Sheila "stien" wrote: > Can I create a customer to have two different shipping locations with > different shipping account, one UPS one FedEx? or I need to crearte t...

I want to set a customized default to print envelopes..
I would like to know if anyone has set customized setting to print envelopes. So it will not print in a bin but on the default bin of the printer and be manually fed... Prior to 2003 the supervisor was able to just select envelope and it would want to be manually feed and print to the default bin... and not cause everything else to print to the default. ...

Toolbar help...
Hi, I have a command button which I need to access from every worksheet in a workbook. How would I go about putting this command button into a toolbar so it will be seen at all times? Any help is appreciated. Best Regards, Mjack --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Mjack, Is the command button calling a macro? If so you can add a button to a toolbar and assign the macro to it. 1) Right click on an existing toolbar and select Customize. 2) If desired, select New to creat a new toolbar 3) Select Commands and go to Catagory Macros 4) Drag the Custom Button to the desir...

track changes toolbar always pops up: make it stop!
this is one of those small things about word that drives me up a wall: whenever i turn track changes on and hit ok in the dialog box, a track changes toolbar suddenly appears. i don't want it there. i just want to edit what looks like a normal document with word tracking changes in the background. is there any way to make this toolbar stop appearing automatically? There's no provision in the program -- the bar is deemed necessary for more users than not. Depending on your version of Word you may be able to come up with a programmatic solution. Regards |:>) Bob Jones ...

GP 10 fails to store menu toolbar locations
GP version 10.00.1237 Standard The menu/toolbar fails to keep the menu options and buttons in the location I put them in and then lock the toolbars. Sometimes they work, but other times if I work on other programs while GP is starting up after selecting my company to work in when I return to GP the menu is all rearranged, but is still locked. I searched and there was one question directly relating to this and another that references locking the "toolbar", but neither really address the issue or offer a solution. Does anybody from Microsoft have a solution to this problem or...

Anyway to Combine Customer Deposits
Using Money 2006 Small Business, how can I combine customer deposits? ie, in my company receivables section there’s an option to “Receive payment for Invoice” but you can only group together payments for the same customer. If I receive payment for $500 from one customer and $400 from another how can my total deposit equal $900? I'm not speaking from experience (I haven't tried this yet) but I have been researching this a bit, and think I've figured out how to get around some of MMSB shortcomings. First off (as discussed in the Money 2005 thread) when you receive a payme...

Reverting to Custom Outlook 2003 Contact Form
Somehow I have managed to create a Custom Form and when I open a Contact I get a message that Form cannot be read and will be opened in Outlook. I recall a message about a change to a .dot template and had trouble getting rid of this message so I suspect I saved an unplanned Custom Form. I would be grateful for any advice on how to revert the Contacts to the original standard Outlook Form. -- Neil@UK ..dot files are Word templates, generally unrelated to Outlook custom forms, so your scenario is a little confusing. To find out whether the items are indeed using a custom fo...

Outlook Contacts always suggests "Custom Form Cannot Be Opened"
Dear All, I have ascertained by searching "Message Class Field" that all contacts in the search come up as found. Therefore I think somehow I have put in place a Custom Form and would like Outlook to go back to using the default / standard form. Thank you for any further Help. Yours sincerely, -- Neil@UK Get http://www.publicshareware.com/download/DocMessageClass.zip and use it to change the message class back to the default. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.sli...

Formatting Result of Custom Function
We are trying to format the result of a custom function. Is this possible. The code below does not do this. Here we are trying to format the letters "cde" in the "test" function below using Macro1 Function test() As String Application.Volatile test = "abcdefgh" End Function Sub Macro1() On Error GoTo iErrors With ActiveCell.Characters(Start:=3, Length:=3).Font .Name = "Calibri" .FontStyle = "Regular" .Size = 11 .Strikethrough = False .Superscript = False .Subscript = False ...

Custom buttons #2
hi, can i assign a commandbutton sub() to a custom button to sit in the toolbar? and how do i assign a vb macro to this custom button? and is there a way to change the look to the custom button to something apart from the smiley face? thanks Check out this article, Rick. Should help you a ton. http://www.officearticles.com/misc/methods_to_run_a_macro_in_microsoft_office_applications.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Rick, United Kingdom" <RickUnitedKingdom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BBF351B5-655C-40E7-AD50-A00477E0D930@microsoft.com....

phone numbers & addresses header disappear (customized contact)
Hi all, I tried to customized the contact form from the standard library. exchange 2003/outlook2003 envir. I just drop one (or any) user defind field from field chooser to the contact design form. I just test and run this form and the Phone Numbers________________________ Addresses___________________________ Do not appear in the header anymore. Is this supposed to be? What's the solution to this? Thank you very much! What do you mean by "header"? In the meantime, you might want to get familiar with the quirks of custom contact forms; see http://www.o...

Excel 2000-Accounting Underline for Custom or Style Format
I can build a style or custom format to get 125,345.22 to display as 125 and -125,345.22 to display as (125) in red, but when I do so, I lose the accounting underline. When I say "accounting underline," I mean the underline that underlines across the cell, not just under the numbers. Can anyone help get the accounting underline to work? Even if I go back and select Accounting Underline in Format / Cells, the full accounting underline doesn't happen. Thanks, Mike --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Custom CDateTimeCtrl notification messages
I wrote class CMyTimePicker : public CDateTimeCtrl {...} It has a handler for DateTime Change message: ON_NOTIFY_REFLECT(DTN_DATETIMECHANGE, OnDatetimechange) .... void CMyTimePicker::OnDatetimechange(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { //do smth *pResult = 0; } I also need to notify parent dialog that this message occured. How to do this? Regular handler in parent dialog does not resond if I overrride it in my derived class: ON_NOTIFY(DTN_DATETIMECHANGE, IDC_DATETIMEPICKER1, OnDatetimechangeDatetimepicker1) void CMyDlg::OnDatetimechangeDatetimepicker1(NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) { ...

How do I customize the history view within contacts?
How do I customize the history view within contacts? I want to move the Actual End field to be further to the left than it is in the vanilla view -- colin mann, hawes signs Thanks to our IT Solutions partner epartners for the answer. In customisation, go to activities and then select close activity associated view and open activity associated view and customise each view -- colin mann, hawes signs "Colin Mann Hawes Signs" wrote: > How do I customize the history view within contacts? > > I want to move the Actual End field to be further to the left than it is in ...