too many "inherited" custome headers and footers

It seems that somehow I have "inherited" custom headers
and footers from someone else's workbook.  They have
filled up almost all the allocated spaces in the drop-down
selection list and pre-empt me from adding more than two
custom headers/footers of my own.  I need to add at least
four new custom headers to the list.

Is there some way to delete all the "inherited" custom
headers and footers?

Thanks,
JR

0
anonymous (74722)

find inherited permissions exchange 2003
I have a Exchange 2003 server in a W2K3 domain with user that had exchange permissions which were previously manually added to be have full rights to the Exchange org. I would like to delete this account permissions on the Exchange server, but his permissions are inherited from somewhere and I can't find where. I looked at the top of my Exchange org (or any object below it) and his permissions state that they are inherited so I cannot delete them. How can I go higher than the Exchange Org to find the source permission? I have also removed him from Microsoft Exchange System Objects ...

Can't seem to add XmlIgnore override on inherited property
By the way, I also posted this on DotNet Framework General. I'm trying to serialize, via the XmlSerializer, an object which is derived from System.Windows.Forms.Control. It throws an exception complaining about not being able to serialize the Site property. I expected problems and my plan was to work through them one at a time supplying an XmlIgnore attribute for each of the properties it had problems with. However, for some reason this doesn't seem to work. The code is below. Does anyone know why it's still throwing the exception complaining about the Site property aft...

Inherited permissions on Exchange Domain Servers Group won't stay checked
Hi there, We are in a bit of a bind. The Inherited Permissions box for the Exchange Domain servers group in our child domain (child.parent.local) keeps unchecking itself. We are running W2K3 with E2K3, one parent domain and 3 child domains. Only one of the 3 child domains is having this problem. Replication occurs every 15 mins, and the change happens about 30 mins after we reset the permission. As you can imagine this is playing havoc with our RUS. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Inherited rights supersede those in the users role
As relayed by Microsoft Support, security behaves in the following manner: >Users with record ownership of parent records (such as an account), the >rights “inherited” through that ownership supersede those specified in the users >CRM role. > >What happens is when the Opportunity gets created the parent record (Account) >owner gets established in the PrincipalObjectAccess table in the >InheritedAccessRightsMask column, and this is by design and unchangeable. And >it is this “access right” that supersedes that in their security role. The pedigree of this inheritan...

Validating inherited types XML Schema
I'm trying to write a schema that allows me to substitute entensions for a base type. The schema (included below) defines a StepType and an AnnouncementStepType that is an extension of the base type. Unfortunately, my XML example fails validation. When I omit PromptID, the Visual Studio Taskpane reads: "The element 'urn:Test:Step' has incomplete content. Expected 'urn:Test:PromptID'. An error occurred at , (11, 7).". If I add in <PromptID></PromptID> into the file, the validation fails again, but this time with the message: "The active schema ...

Inherited Great Plains and need direction
I am a network admin with ample sql and win2k and 2k3 experience. However, i have never used great plains and i am finding it very overwhelming trying to administer it. i dont think it was set up very well as there are a ton of seemingly unnecessary shares, randomly named databases, random errors (of which a few i have managed to solved through newsgroups and the like), and not to mention the lack of hardware to drive this horse. What i am hoping for is that someone could direct me to the holy grail of manuals and install instructions and and exceptional pointers you may have for someone lo...

Everyone has rights in AD... but I've checked inherited permission
I have a client that uses Exchange 2003. Each user can see every other user's e-mail. I have added the security tab in the Exchange System manager. The Everyone user does not have send as or receiving as rights at the Organizational Level or at the Mailbox Store level. The everyone rights at these levels are plain-jane, vanilla, out-of-the-box rights. However, when I look at the individual user account in AD | Exchange Advanced | Mailbox rights and look at the rights for Everyone, there is an inherited permission that gives every user read, change, take ownership, and full mail...

Too many "inherited" custom headers/footers
It seems that somehow I have "inherited" custom headers and footers from someone else's workbook. They have filled up almost all the allocated spaces in the drop-down selection list and pre-empt me from adding more than two custom headers/footers of my own. I need to add at least four new custom headers to the list. Is there some way to delete all the "inherited" custom headers and footers? Thanks, JR If I'm not mistaken you only get one truly custom header and footer. Whatever you enter into the custom boxes appears at the end of the drop down list. ...

Inherited Exchange Implementation
have inherited a network which has not been configured according to best practice in many respects. Additionally, the previous network administrator did not leave on good terms with the employer. The organization is very lean-staffed. It's a single domain Server 2003 forest in native mode. There are no WINS servers in the domain (which I understand is a problem). A single Exchange 2003 server is installed on a Windows 2000 member server. OWA is supported by IIS 3.0 on the Exchange server. When I open Exchange System Manager, many of the management container objects are not even ...

Bug! Error Bars Inherited from Another Workbook
Got an odd one here. I have suite of macros that create a workbook with a number of sheets, containing charts from a number of separate workbooks. The charts show a number of series, including a mean with custom error bars, taken directly from two columns in the source data, spec for the + bars ='C:\Temp\[Some_File_Or_Other.xls]Data_Sheet'!$CK$2:$CK$366, and the following column for the - bars. I run the macro once, and save the resultant chart-filled workbook as DirectoryA/FileA.xls. I change the data in the source workbooks, rerun the macro and save the results as DirectoryB/FileB...

Serialize bug of Inherited Collection base
When inheriting CollectionBase and when overloading the Default item property to use a different indexer other than integer. You get a weird Assembly not found error (Assembly name is different each time!) Extremely hard to find. And no hints as what to fix, even in the stack trace... Try Catch will not seem to handle it also. Should be able to thow a better error. I Think it's just not finding the issue at all... Thanks, Schneider ...

mailbox rights are inherited from where exactly???
I have a problem that should be simple to solve but I can't find any documentation on it. I for some reason am in everyone's mailbox rights as delete mailbox storage - allow read permissions - allow full mailbox access - allow and deny I think at one point i was in the exchange admin group but i've since removed myself and i am no longer apart of any of those on my personal account...i need to remove this from mailbox rights for every user but it says it's inheriting from the parent....i go into exchange and right click the server and go to security and im in there.....

how do you ignore inherited members with XMLSerialization?
I have a class which inherits from a generated abstract base class. I simply want to hide some fields which are inherited from the base class when it is serialised. I have tried: public class Details : GeneratedDetails { [XmlIgnore] public new string Id { get{return base.lId;} set{Id = value;} } and: [XmlIgnore] public override string Id { get{return base.lId;} set{Id = value;} } } All these do is serialise the base members instead. As the base class is generated it is no good putting the [XMLIgnore] on the base class members (although this is what I have...

access inherited ActiveX ctrl member variable
Hi, I've got a class that inherits from another one defined in a different project (same workspace). The parent class has a public member variable for an ActiveX control. My class inherits this member variable and can access it BUT it can't access any of the ActiveX control functions. It can only access the Cwnd methods like SetFocus(), etc. The ActiveX has a proper wrapper created in the project where the parent class is defined. It is also registered properly with IDispatch in the parent class. Question: how can I access the ActiveX control functions from my class so th...

Inherited DataTable Serialization Problem in WCF
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am using WCF (3.0) to provide a services layer sitting on a server between a web server hosting ASP.NET 2.0 and SQL Server 2005. Some of these services provide a strongly typed inherited DataTable for the ASP.NET application. Below is a partial listing for one such DataTable. The code compiles successfully, and the service which returns this DataTable seems to start normally. A problem arises when using Add Service Reference in Visual Studio to generate a client class to communicate with the service. The error below the listing results wh...

Serializing of inherited Classes
Hello. I'm trying to serialize an inherited Class by a Webservice. Here ist a Code-Snippet of the Classes I try to serialize: // Base-Class public class Test { private string _Argument1; public string Argument1 { get { return _Argument1; } set { _Argument1 = value; } } } // Inherited Class public class TestEx : Test { private string _Argument2; public string Argument2 { get { return _Argument2; } set { _Argument2 = value; } } } Now I try to return the Base-Class by a WebService: [WebMethod] [XmlInclude(typeof(Test))] public Test ReturnTest() { TestEx testEx = new Tes...

XmlSerializer and inherited objects
Hi I have a hirachy of classes which are Message(base), then FileMessage and ChatMessage (extended) I want to serialize the objects and when i am deserizaling i dont know if i am getting FileMessage or ChatMessage. So how to get that object and use it I have written following code for serialization public void Send(Message message) { NetworkStream netWorkStream=null; try { XmlSerializer serializer=new XmlSerializer(message.GetType()); netWorkStream=new NetworkStream(_clientSocket); Stream stream=(Stream)netWorkStream; serializer.Serialize(stream,message); } finally { netWorkStrea...

Inherited Schema/ XmlValidatingReader problem.
Hi I am encoutering a problem during the validation of an XML document when using 'XmlValidingReader'. My setup is as follows. I have a schema 'Document.xsd' which is imported into a further schema 'DerivedDocument.xsd'. Our xml sample 'Instancedoc.xml' uses 'DerivedDocument.xsd' as its schema. A piece of c# code, which utilises an XmlValidingReader succeeds to validate the xml when NO attributes are used from 'Document.xsd', but fails when these attributes are included. However, we can succesfully import complexTypes from 'Document.xsd&...

Serialization of an inherited List<T>
I have the following small class which inherits from the generic List class: [Serializable, XmlRoot("FoodItemList")] public class FoodItemList : List<FoodItem> { private bool _hasChanges = false; [XmlAttribute("HasChanges")] public bool HasChanges { get { return _hasChanges; } set { _hasChanges = value; } } private DateTime _lastUpdated = DateTime.MinValue; [XmlAttribute("LastUpdated")] public DateTime LastUpdated { get { return _lastUpda...

Inherited Mess
I have inherited a mess. The previous I.T guy went through the motions and migrated from 5.5 to 2003. However, when he left (before my arrival) he had tossed out the 5.5 server before actually decommissioning it. So, here's what I have: - 5.5 objects, still in the exchange organization, server still in the administrative group (but server no longer physically exists). Internet Mail Connector still there, can't delete, is a member of the routing group, but can't delete either. - Exchange 2003 server (first in site) however, needs to be rebuilt due to a hardware problem, thi...

Inherited Permissions for the everyone
I have exchange 2003 and everyone in my office can open each others email boxes. under mailbox rights for each user the everone group is listed and I can not remove it. I get an error saying " you cannot remove the everyone group because it is inheriting permissons from its parent object". How do I stop it from inheriting permissions? Please Help "PAUL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have exchange 2003 and everyone in my office can open >each others email boxes. under mailbox rights for each >user the everone group is listed and I c...

Using inherited classes in a dialog
Hi, A really basic question... I want to use my own combo-box in a dialog, say CMyComboBox. What's the right way to do this? The nice icons which automatically create controls in the dialog are obviously limited to the built-in classes... Thanks! "danra" <raviv_dan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d4a5b379.0503050618.2c83e3b2@posting.google.com... > Hi, > A really basic question... > I want to use my own combo-box in a dialog, say CMyComboBox. > What's the right way to do this? The nice icons which automatically > create controls in the dialog are obvi...

inherited GP 7.5
The company I work for has recently aquired a smaller company that was using GP 7.5. We need to keep Great Plains around but what I would like to do is take the server and add it into my domain as a member server. The server is running Great Plains 7.50g30 with the Microsoft SQL Desktop Engine. I have never used Great Plains before and have no real knowledge of its workings. Any help that can be offered is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Greg I'm sorry, that last post wasn't too clear on what I was asking. Basically I need to find out if removing Active Directory and joining the s...

Inherited Mailbox Rights
Where do the mailboxes inherit the rights from, and how can I change them. I recently added an Exchage 2003 server to an Exchange 2000 Org. and I can not access mailboxes in the Org anymore. When you installed Exchange 2003, it modified some of the permissions in the org. I'm guessing that you are a member of Domain Admins? Or possibly a member of Exchange Domain Servers? Both groups are now denied access for Send As and Receive as. Domain Admins inherit their deny from the Organization level, whereas the Exchange Domain Servers has a deny at multiple levels. Ben Winzenz Exchang...

Inherited roles in child business units
Hey there, whenever a role is created in MSCRM, the CRM system creates exact copies of that role in all subordinate business units all the way down in the hierarchy, and all users are always assigned the respective "inherited role" within their own business unit. As I perceive it, the copied roles are 100% redundant information (as you can only change the "root" role and all the copies change accordingly), and the sole purpose of this behavior is reducing/eliminating the need for recursion when retrieving the actual permissions effectively granted by a user's ro...