Todays date

Hi All

I have a spreadsheet with a date field. I want to calculate how many days
have passed since that date. So I need to minus todays date from the original
date.

Does anyone know how I get Excel to display todays date and update for each
new day.

Any help greatly appreciated

Kind regards

Rexmann
0
rexmann (52)

Rexmann,

=TODAY()
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"rexmann" <rexmann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> I have a spreadsheet with a date field. I want to calculate how many days
> have passed since that date. So I need to minus todays date from the
> original
> date.
>
> Does anyone know how I get Excel to display todays date and update for
> each
> new day.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated
>
> Kind regards
>
> Rexmann

=TODAY()-A1

where A1 holds that date.

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"rexmann" <rexmann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> I have a spreadsheet with a date field. I want to calculate how many days
> have passed since that date. So I need to minus todays date from the
original
> date.
>
> Does anyone know how I get Excel to display todays date and update for
each
> new day.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated
>
> Kind regards
>
> Rexmann

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
1/12/2006 3:12:41 PM
=today()

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

"rexmann" <rexmann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> I have a spreadsheet with a date field. I want to calculate how many days
> have passed since that date. So I need to minus todays date from the
> original
> date.
>
> Does anyone know how I get Excel to display todays date and update for
> each
> new day.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated
>
> Kind regards
>
> Rexmann

0
nicolaus (2022)
1/12/2006 3:13:04 PM
=NOW()

Type this into the cell you want to represent today's date and format to
date format required

Pete

--
(][ THIS EMAIL HAS BEEN SCANNED BY NORTON ANTIVIRUS ][)
"rexmann" <rexmann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> I have a spreadsheet with a date field. I want to calculate how many days
> have passed since that date. So I need to minus todays date from the
> original
> date.
>
> Does anyone know how I get Excel to display todays date and update for
> each
> new day.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated
>
> Kind regards
>
> Rexmann

0
NOSPAM6065 (22)
1/12/2006 3:16:15 PM
=today()

"rexmann" wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I have a spreadsheet with a date field. I want to calculate how many days
> have passed since that date. So I need to minus todays date from the original
> date.
>
> Does anyone know how I get Excel to display todays date and update for each
> new day.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated
>
> Kind regards
>
> Rexmann
0
dlw (166)

If Formula , Adding Days to a Date
A B 1 06/06/10 I want to make a formula that calculate as following; in Cell (B1) if the date in future the result will be [Enrolled], if not it will be Cell (A1) + 730 Days On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 02:14:01 -0700, Khalid A. Al-Otaibi <KhalidAAlOtaibi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > A B >1 06/06/10 > >I want to make a formula that calculate as following; > >in Cell (B1) if the date in future the result will be [Enrolled], if not it >will be Cell (A1) + 730 Days Try this formula in cell B1: =IF(A1>TODAY(), "[En...

lookup a date from an array of date ranges if conditions are met
Please help...i need to lookup up a value on a specific date range. for example: column A: column b (from 9/01/2003 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sounds like autofilter could be something, select the data (should have headers), do data>filter>autofilter, filter on the date column using custom and gate than or equal to and put 09/01/03 as a criteria -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "nscanceran" <nscanceran.wj1qn@excelforum-no...

Change date format
I have a date entered as 20050103. How do I get it to change to 1/3/05? Data>text to columns, click next twice and under column data format select date and YMD then click finish. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Sandyw" <Sandyw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20B4FB54-9F56-47BB-B336-8F7DF8C69EDD@microsoft.com... > I have a date entered as 20050103. How do I get it to change to 1/3/05? Sandy... have you tried to format this cell? On the main menu, click Format>Cells. On the Number tab, select Date and choose the format that suits your needs. H...

if function with date question
I was wondering how I can write an if function targeting a specific dat every month. What I want to do in essence is when the 20th of every month comes by to write a certain value, if it's not the 20th, leave the cell empty. I was trying variations of this: if(a1=20-mmm,"500","") ...of course to no avail any ideas? thanks in advance for your help -- spiros ----------------------------------------------------------------------- spirosu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=744 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/s...

Date Comparison Driving Me Crazy
Hi - Im trying to compare dates using greater than (>) and less than (<) operands in order to advance calculations. I am going to do a nested "IF" statement (probably 3 or 4 levels) that will involve calculations. The nested IF's will be comparing various dates (both dates in a cell, and "hard coded dates"). I started with a simple 2-level nested IF returning only 0, 1, or 2, so I could confirm the logic worked before I put in the calcuating formula's. They didn't work, and I noticed my "MM/DD/YY" date was not being compared correctl...

Release Date of V 4.0
Hi Does any one know the official release date for CRM V 4.0? Will CRM V 4.0 be available for partners before it is available for the general public? Thanks alot ...

Number of months between 2 dates
I can not remove this double thread ... sorry -- john liem ...

Task Sort by due date
Hi everyone... I was wondering if anyone can tell me how I can change this. When I do a sort (descending) of all my task items, the items that have no due dates, are placed ahead of all items that have duedates. I would very much like these items to be listed at the bottom after all the items with due dates. I know you can do an ascending sort but that defeats the purpose of seeing what is due first. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks You'd have to put a ridiculously distant due date on those items if you want them to appear at the bottom -- maybe 1/1/3000. --...

download the Credit Card transaction date not the the posting date
Then I download a statement from a Credit card and import it in to MS Money I always get the Posting Date not the Transaction date. Do I need another column in the register, help does not tell me how to do that? Or is the only solution changing each entry by hand? ( that doesn't make sense) This credit card offers downloads in either QIF or spreadsheet. In microsoft.public.money, riskymanr wrote: >Then I download a statement from a Credit card and import it in to MS Money I >always get the Posting Date not the Transaction date. Do you mean you first enter the transactions by...

Trying to compare % to date across several years
I have a simple need. I have calculated cummulative % of full year's sales for several years and want to compare the sales patterns. The chart would show each year's sales from 0% up to 100% with % as Y axis and day of year as X axis. Can't make any date formats allow such a comparison, so I have calculated a day of year by subtracting the date of each sale from the 12/31 date of the prior year, therefore each data point is a value between 0 and 100% and a "date" between 1 and 365. Seems like a routine chart, but nothing seems to make the x axis display corr...

Can not customize Outlook today
We have installed outlook 2000 on everyone's pc. We do not use exchange server. We are using Ipswitch's IMail server. When a user clicks on Customize Outlook Today it does not go to any screen that allows for customization. Nothing happens. Does this feature need to be turned on somewhere or does it have to have Exchange Server to work? Thanks in advance, Paul Ivaska The following MSKB article provides the fix for this issue. OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx...

Problem selecting TOP values by category and date
Hello,I need to add ranking to a table of values, and even through I've gonethrough everything in the group, I can't pinpoint my problem.Here goes... I have the following resulting query Date MeasureID Store Perf----------------------------------------------------------1/1/2007 1 5 100.00%1/1/2007 1 1 100.00%1/1/2007 1 4 97.00%1/1/2007 1 2 89.00%1/1/2007 1 3 89.00%1/1/2007 2 2 100.00%1/1/2007 2 3 100.00%1...

Customize Outlook Today #39
I'm running Outlook 2000 (as part of Office 2000 Professional) on new computer and for some reason, the Customise Outlook Today button has ceased working. The same thing has happened before and someone gave me the fix, but I forgot. If I hover the cursor over the button, the button changes as if it can be selected, however, when I click on it nothing happens! Is anyone aware of how I might resolve this issue please? OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;8205...

Sorting Dates as Numbers
I have converted dates in a dd/mm/yyyy format to a dd/mm format. Now I want to sort by these dates so that I have all the 01 bdays then 02, etc. However, Excel still remembers the year, so it sorts them by that. Is there a way to convert dd/mm/yyyy to dd/mm and then sort by that? Hi You could use a helper column alongside your data with this in: =TEXT(A2,"dd/mm") which you can then fill down. -- Andy. "Scotty McExcellent" <marminio@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2222c131.0407300723.3ef33608@posting.google.com... > I have converted dates in a dd/mm/yyyy...

Copying Data to a Specific Row Based on Date
I have recorded a macro in Excel 2000 to copy data from a worksheet tha collects daily data and paste the value to a monthly worksheet once day. I would then like to be able to enable the macro to insert th data into the appropriate row corresponding to the day of the month. How can I do this? Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com you are a little skimpy on the details. What do you mean by "appropriate" because code gets real picky. >-----Original Message----- >I have recorded a macro in Excel 2000 to copy data from a worksheet that >collects dai...

Date and Time #2
I see how that NOW() function works but is it possible to display only the time and not the date? Nick Use now(), then format the cell to only show time format=>Cells=>Number Tab, select time and pick a format. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Lord Of The Morning <Not@aol.com> wrote in message news:vmjrr6dsduv569@corp.supernews.com... > I see how that NOW() function works but is it possible to display only the > time and not the date? > Nick > > Yes, with TIME you'll get only the (current) time "Lord Of The Morning" <Not@aol.com> wrote in message...

Problem with query dates
Hi My records date range in the database is Betwene 20/05/20010 and 22/05/20010 . When my dateObject has a date of 24/05/2010 00:00:00, is shown me all the records less than this date, OK. But if I change the month, this date to 24/04/2010 00:00:00 shows the same records. That is even if I change the month the records that appear are always less than the 24 days without following month. There lies my problem. Note: My date style is dd-mm-yyyy and time is hh: mm: ss I really need to fix this.Seabra Dim Q1, SQL As String Dim DateTime1 As Date Dim ConnString As S...

Date and Time formular
I'm trying to take one date and time away from another but having a problem fathomining it out eg 01.04.2008 10:55:27 - 01.04.2008 9:37:13 The date and time are in the same cell eg 01.04.2008 10:55:27 is in A1 A formula for this would be great if anyone has one to hand Thanks Just subtract =End_Time-Start_Time -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "SS" <Student.2@uk.bosch.com> wrote in message news:g0hgsk$jgc$1@news4.fe.internet.bosch.com... > I'm trying to take one date and time away from another but having a > problem fathomining it out > > eg >...

Date Formatting Problem
Hi I run Excel 2K I download info from the mainframe into a workbook. This information contains a date for each entry. This is the format that the "date" is downloaded in (29:53.0)....when the curser is placed on this example it displays it as 31/07/2009 12:29:53 AM in the "edit bar" of the spreadsheet. I can then format the (29:53.0) to dd/mmm/yy which then reads 31/Jul/09. However in the edit bar still shows it as 31/07/2009 12:29:53 AM. I need to be able to format it so that in the edit bar it only shows the dd/mmm/yy and not have the time format attched to i...

How to add time from multiple cells & date Cells & machine type c
I'm trying to add up the amount of machinery downtime from a number of different cells but the thing is that I need to only have it added up by the date set in another cell (Which can have multiple cells of the same date) as well as the specific name of that machinery in another cell(which can also have multiples of the same machinery name). How can i get to just add up for that specific date, machine name, and time. Example: Date (Cell 1A thru 50A) Machinery Name(Cell 1B thru 50B) Downtime(Cell 1J thru 50J) Please help Thanks Example:Sheet1 Data Column A ...

How do I report a Date Format bug in Excel 2003 to Microsoft ?
I've imported some MYOB general ledger reports into Excel, but have found that Excel 2003 reads dates in the first 12 days of the month as MM/DD/YYYY (USA format) when they are actually DD/MM/YYYY (i.e. European / Austalian / NZ format), even though i have correctly set my Windows Regional settings to Australia (i.e. DD/MM/YYYY). Am really sick of having to scan sometimes 200 lines to fix these dates - very annoying. Excel 2000 doesn't make this boo-boo ! Is anyone at MS working on this URGENT problem ??? Have also reported this issue to MYOB Support in Melbourne. Kym Yeoward...

Calendar events and tasks are not showing in Outlook:Today.
My Calendar events or tasks are not showing in the Outlook:Today screen. It is blank. ...

Dates and Recomended Graphing Programs to work with excel?
Is there a way to have excel not graph a space in between dates that are not right in a row... for example. if I have 12-1, 12-2, 12-3, and then jump to 12-6.... how can I avoid that space in my graph. also... I find excel graph's to be difficult to work with... are there any recomended charting programs that work with excel that have more functionality and just work better? Hi, You can change the axis to be categorical rather than time series. Right click chart and choose Chart Options. On the scale tab set the x axis scale to Category. Excel charts can appear difficult but the...

adding text according to col with equal date
Hi all, In the active sheet in a certain cell I want to add text to the existing content as follows. If the date in row 62+TT and column K equals the date in row 62+TT and column D I want to add "abc", equals the date in row 62+TT and column E I want to add "def" equals the date in row 62+TT and column F I want to add "ghi" equals the date in row 62+TT and column G I want to add "jkl" equals the date in row 62+TT and column H I want to add "mno" equals the date in row 62+TT and column I I want to add "pqr" equals ...

If formula with dates
Hello: I need a formula that can look at column "A" and calculate the number of days from today --- could be either before today or in the future and if it is equaled to or less than 90 return "Y" otherwise "N".... I keep getting "VALUE!" errors. Please help. Thank you. Monika Hi, Try this =IF(ABS(TODAY()-A1)<=90,"Y","N") -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "murka...