To goup in each month on date column

I am using office 2007  and I have an excel sheet with the following

Date                 OS

2/1/2009        200.30
2/1/2009        300.00
3/2/2009        400.00
5/2/2009        600.00

How I can group the excel to know outstanding in each month. To group
January os and February os and so on....

Please help

with thanks and Regards

Try
=SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(A2:A10,"mmyyyy")="022009")*(B2:B10))

with the date in cell C1
=SUMPRODUCT((TEXT(A2:A10,"mmyyyy")=TEXT(C1,"mmyyyy")*(B2:B10))

--
Jacob

"pol" wrote:

> I am using office 2007  and I have an excel sheet with the following
>
> Date                 OS
>
> 2/1/2009        200.30
> 2/1/2009        300.00
> 3/2/2009        400.00
> 5/2/2009        600.00
>
> How I can group the excel to know outstanding in each month. To group
> January os and February os and so on....
>
> Please help
>
> with thanks and Regards

Date #9
One column has the date which I enter manually. If I type 15may it converts immediately to 15-May which is great. But how can I get the line to enter dates automatically? What I need is to enter one date (say, 20 May) and for all lines below to automatically add 1 day at a time, either at the time of starting the line, or even before in one go. Thank you very much JB You can use a formula, if you add the date in A2, in A3 put =IF(A2="","",A2+1) copy down as long as needed and format the cells the same way as in A2 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "JB"...

Date and Time
Is it possible to have a cell show the current date and time without entering it, like in word? Nick If you want the current date and time, updated whenever a calculation occurs, use =NOW(). If you want to enter the current date, without updating, press CTRL+; -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Lord Of The Morning" <Not@aol.com> wrote in message news:vmjpgijrjvs5c5@corp.supernews.com... > Is it possible to have a cell show the current date and time without > entering it, like in word? > > Nick > >...

Date Problem !!
hi there i have a big problem with the dates. i enter 09/10/2005 in a cell and it changes to 10/09/2005 !! big problem. it shows 10/09/2005 in the cell but 09/10/2005 in the formula bar !! 2 different dates very confusing is there a way of telling it to use just one kind ??? thanks -- cassy01 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cassy01's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=780 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=473175 It's the same date, it's just formatted differently o...

Grouping dates in pivot table
I am pulling data from a SQL Server database to create a pivot table. Excel (07) is not recognizing the field as a date. This is a field I would like to group by in the pivottable. I am aware of all the techniques to convert this to a date field, but I am searching for an answer as to why XL pivot tables cannot consume the dates directly from a sql query. I have played with bringing the dates back in a number of differenent formats with no success. Any insights into this would be appreciated. Probably coming in as text and yuo may only need to copy an unused cell and paste sp...

MATCHING COLUMNS
I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT MATCHING COLUMNS IN EXCEL. FOR INSTANCE I HAVE TWO COLUMNS ONE IN A AND ONE IN B WITH ALL DIFFERENT VALUES. HOW DO I MATCH COLUMN A WITH COLUMN B? AN EXAMPLE IS BELOW A B 000824108498310 000824108378310 000825252525151 000824108378310 002020204582810 000824108448310 020202222225550 000824108460310 None of your values matches any value from other column! Regards, -- AP PS: ALL CAPS means yelling: please avoid! <HOOSICK@NYCAP.RR.COM> a...

pivot table grand totals not showing for all columns...
i have a pivot table that shows the grand total for some columns, but not for others... there are no differences in the data layout, yet this happens? any clues as to why? and how I can get the grand totals to show for all fields. thanx in the PivotTable floating toolbar, click PviotTable, then Table Options, select 'Grand totals for columns' option. ...

Question about Date validation
Hi All, I'm working on a form for weekly data entry. I'd like to create a date field where the user will enter the date the week ends (ie week ending Friday, June 25th). Is there a way to write code so that Access will check that the day the user inputs is a Friday (and if not they will recieve an error message)?. I know how to program the error message pop-up box, but I have no idea how to write code to check if the date inputted is a Friday. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Use the WeekDay function If WeekDay(Me.DateField) = 6 Then MsgBox "Error" En...

how do i change dates on my calendar and keep my pics
Publisher doesn't support this. You would need to do it manually. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bob T" <Bob T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68671977-F71B-444F-AE72-801D2B359FEE@microsoft.com... > ...

Hiding tasks with due dates in the distant future
I'd like to display only my tasks for the next month or so. How can I filter out those that are in the distant future or recurring tasks that won't be due until next year or the year after? Hi, Goto the Tasks folder. Goto the Customize current view. Click on the Filter Button. Goto the Advanced Tab. Under define more criteria, clickon the Feilds and then select All Task Feilds and then select Due Date. Then under the condition Select Between and then in the Value enter the range of dates ( say 3/8/2004 and 3/10/2004 ). Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Ambe...

dates
Hi there - I am a new user, have only started using excel 2 days ago but am really enjoying it. I have managed to create timesheets that automatically calculate the time spent on a project. Anyway, enjoying it very much. So, I have dates running down the left hand column (A), eg, 05.10.05. Currently I am inputting these by hand because if I drag that cell down it creates 05.10.06, 05.10.07 etc. I have messed with the 'custom' setting and changed it to 'dd.mm.yy' but this has not solved it. Any help much appreciated. By the way, it's excel 2001 for mac. Tom -- small ...

Historical Stock Status As of Date
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00A5_01C8845C.ADFC9B50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I'd like to know whether anyone has encountered an issue wherein the As = of Date that is printed in the Historical Stock Status Detailed by Item = does not follow the date as indicated in the report options screen. = Currently we are trying to print the said report but no matter what date = we put in, the As of Date that prints on the report is set to 30 Jan = 2008. Is there anything that we...

Find the number of years between two dates
I have aroster of players with thier date of births. I would like to automatically add their ages in another column Try this Formula, assuming that the dob is in cell A1 =DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"ym") & " months, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"md") & " days" regards Mukesh "duke" wrote: > I have aroster of players with thier date of births. I would like to > automatically add their ages in another column On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 19:47:02 -0700, "duke" <duke@disc...

How do I arrange entries in a column alphabetically
I have typed a list of entries in a column in Excel 2003 and now I want to list them alphabetically. Any ideas how I do this? Select the column, go to Data > Sort, and sort ascending. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I have typed a list of entries in a column in Excel 2003 and now I want to >list them alphabetically. Any ideas how I do this? >. > ...

grouping cells to sort by only one column
Hi, New to this so please bear with me. I have a spread sheet where I am listing names in column A and othe info relating to that name in columns B and C in the two rows below th name. I then start a different name in the next row down with the info in t two rows below that, and so forth. I want to be able to add more names in the future and be able to sor all of this by column A only. The problem I am having is the info i the other columns moves. I need it to somehow attatch and stay put wit it's corisponding name without moving. In other words how do I make everything from A1 to ...

Excel's column width format box
Does anyone know why I am unable to enter a number into Excel's column width box, yet using the mouse, I am able to adjust the width. When opening the text box, I can delete the number that appears, but am unable to even reenter that one after it is deleted. I must tell you that I'm a new user who's working through numerous tutorials. Thanks, Hi do you get an error message or what happens exactly -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany rly2rys wrote: > Does anyone know why I am unable to enter a number into Excel's > column width box, yet using the mouse, I am ...

Todays Date that does not update
I created a macro and a button that when clicked it entered todays date in a cell, which is what I wanted. I used "Today( )". Problem is the date keeps updating to todays date and I want it to stay the date I entered it in. Is there some other value or formula to do this so it does not update everyday? Thanks!! You need to enter the date itself. Any function will always update to the current date. Ctrl+; will enter the current date in a cell. In VBA, use Range("A1").Value = Date -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC...

DATE 01-04-08
Hello again! I am using this code =DateSerial(Year([Opened Date]),Month([Opened Date]),Day([Opened Date])+10) on my form....is there a way for the date to get recorded in the main table as well. because on the form and the report it shows up, but not in my main table...do I need to run an update querie or something??? Any suggestions?? Thanks Ransom Ransom, It would be simpler like this: =[Opened Date]+10 Is Opened Date a field in the same record as where you want to record this calculated date value in the table. So this date, whatever it is, will always be 10 days after the Ope...

date confusion
hi im new to excel 2007 i want to ask that when i type 7/4 in a cell excel thinks that the slash is division operator so it divides it ?? but in different cell it interpret it as date ok another problem is that when I enter 7/4 in the different cell excel interpret it as 4-Jul only but How do I display the year too ? even if i type 7/4/2008 or 7/4/08 it still shows 4-JUL ? Help please thank you very much Format the cell as m/d/yyyy, you created the d-mmm format by just entering 7/4 so you need to reformat the cell to the date format you want. Always use the full date when entering dat...

Money using wrong date to calculate ROI YTD
I have opened a new file in Money to track investments for a stock club. I entered all transactions, which go back to Jan. 2002. When I look at performance for the account, the ROI YTD is not accurate, as Money is using values for the stocks going back only 6 months form the date I enterd the transactions rather than the values as of 1/1/03. What to do? In microsoft.public.money, Brooks wrote: >I have opened a new file in Money to track investments for >a stock club. I entered all transactions, which go back >to Jan. 2002. When I look at performance for the account, &g...

How can i use a command button to validate date and time
I have two command buttons, each on a different sheet. i need both of them to put the current date in one cell on its sheet and current time in another on its sheet. i also need these cells to be locked so the user can only edit these cells by clicking the command button. Any answers? ...

Set a recurring task ie. a task to check a website each month
It would be advantageous to be able to set a recurring task ie. a daily, weekly, monthly or other multiple task. An example would be if you needed to go to an accounts website or prospects website once a month to look for leads. Or to check out a competitor for new things on their website. It could also apply to phoning or mailing etc. This would save constantly having to remember to create a followup or write up to dozens of followups at different dates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote f...

Report Columns
I am trying to add columns to my report but am having some difficulty. The report is basically a form letter. It is grouped on the employee’s unique ID. In that group header is the letter, Dear so and so etc. It is the details portion that I am trying to get into two columns. Is there something I am missing on how to do this. I would rather no put a sub report in to accomplish this. Thank you Jason, Well, the subform would be an easy way to go about that. However, I would think you could use the ID group header to display the first part of the letter, the detail section to disp...

date Format #28
-- Regards, ------------------------------------------------- Mahmoud Metwally Ali Jaicorp IT Manager Office Tel. : (202) 3471495/361 Mob. : (2010) 5195169 ...

Date Header and Layout Questions
I have 1 table with headings of: TaskType SiteName StartDate EndDate On a report, I want the header to show every Monday's date going horizontally displaying every Monday from now until 2 years from now. Then I want the Vertical column to be the TaskType. Within the report I want the SiteName to be identified in both the Monday's Date Column and the TaskType Column. For example, 30-Nov-09 (Monday) TaskType-DSR SiteName - DC. The date being on the header, the TaskType on each row and the SiteName cross referenced between them. Does this make any sense? ...

Important dates Gone
Hi, Went from 2003 to 2004. In 2003 I had money express and my home page show important dates. Via the options the dates are still there. But don't show up any more? Anyone knows how I can fix this? Thanks Jeff ...