To Bernard or anyone who can help

Thanks for your reply Berbard. I can make a column or a bar chart without
worrying about the order but here, I want to make the chart in order of
score, in this case from highest to lowest but want to keep my spread sheet
looking AB,B,C,D . . . .

 No, I don't have 4 entries. I have 32 entries.

 Hope this is sufficient. Thanks again for the prompt reply. Awaiting
another reply
Thanks
Dharsh

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

> Are you able to make a Bar or Column chart without worrying about the order?
> Tell us the answer, and I will show you how to order the data. Can we assume
> there will always be 4 scores?
> best wishes
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> "Dharsh" <Dharsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi there! I neet to plot a simple graph with the data below
> >
> > Candidate       Score
> > A                      4
> > B                      3
> > C                      7
> > D                      1
> >
> > The relevent numbers (are actually scores)  keep getting updated for each
> > candidate. I want my graph to plot it in the order of highest score to
> > lowest
> > every time I update the score (automatically) without me having to change
> > it
> > everytime I do it.
> >
> > Can anyone pls help me plssssssssssss
> >
> > Thanks so much in anticipation
> >
> > Dharshanie

0
Dharsh (8)

How can I display worksheet summary page ie title/size/last updat.
I'm running MSExcel 2003. I am often working with large workbooks with mutiple worksheets. It would be v helpful if I could see/sort and print off a summary that shows worksheet properties similar to Explorer eg: workbook :xxxx ---------------- worksheet last update size names 1/2/04 64k companies: 5/2/03 893k etc... any ideas? Jon I wrote this sometime ago and it works as a workbook_open event (Needs to be placed in the ThisWorkbook code module). It could be adapted to work otherwise though. It adds a sheet and lists all the built-in and c...

Help on Dinstinct
Hi, I wrote this code: Private Function Carica() As IEnumerable(Of GCA) Return From lista In DatiBase _ Where lista.Field(Of String)(Colonna3) <> "" _ Order By lista.Field(Of String) (Colonna2),lista.Field(Of String)(Colonna3) _ Select New GCA With {.AAAA= lista.Field(Of String) (Colonna1), _ .BBBB= lista.Field (Of String)(Colonna2), _ .CCCC= lista.Field (Of String)(Colonna3) _ ...

how can i get thumbnails?
i would like to set up a page with approx 20 thumbnails but i would like text at the top and bottom of the pages, its sort of a catalog i want to make up of items i have in stock. thanks in advance My first thought was "Visit a manicurist." :-) I assume you are talking about a website. I'd suggest posting your question in microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign. I'd like to be able to answer your question but I use FrontPage and I created my thumbnails in another program. Sorry. Just remember that Publisher is a desktop publishing program that can save a file as a web...

Help with ADO Incompibilities; Why do I need to Upgrade?
I made a program for some people in my dorm. I used the ADO class by Carlos Antollini because I thought ADO was the latest and greatest from Microsoft and it should be compatible with anyone. http://www.codeproject.com/database/caaadoxclass.asp I have an Access database on the backend. When some people run it, it runs fine. But others, they get the error message "The Specified Procedure Could Not Be Found" The only thing that resolves the error is to have them run mdac_typ.exe to have them upgrade their database drivers. I'm not a genius, but my program is ONLY doing selects...

how can I format a cell to change on a specific date
Can a cell that contains text, be formatted to change font color on a future date? The column is reading "Active" in green to indicate that the contract for that item is still valid, but I would like to change the "Active" to red font, or possibly change the text to read "Inactive" in red. It's the color of the font that's important, and the date that I want it to change on is on 9/11/08. thanks for your help. Try conditional formatting Assume the data is in A1 down Select col A (A1 active), then apply conditional formatting using Formula is: =...

I can receive email from my ISP but can't send.
I can receive emails from my server fine, however, when I try to send it says the server has timed out and to check my ports. My user name and passwork are correct. Does anyone have any ideas? NobbyC <NobbyC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I can receive emails from my server fine, however, when I try to send > it says the server has timed out and to check my ports. My user name > and passwork are correct. Does anyone have any ideas? Make sure your are properly authenticating to your outgoing server. -- Brian Tillman ...

Can you link primary and secondary axis zero, scaling?
For ease of reading, I would like to link zero points and make the tick mark distances the same for both primary and secondary axes (with different scaling, though). Is there a way to do this besides setting the scaling manually? There's no built in way offered by Excel for this. It could be done programmatically. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "CarolM" <CarolM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B548E1E3-3FE9-4A30-B324-46BBB8CD0DC0@microsoft.com.....

faq: use position of CList can find the element?
Hi, In CList , we can use variable of type POSITION to GetAt(),SetAt(),etc. Now if we use it like this: funtion1(POSITION currentpos, POSITION& previouspos) { };//in function1 return the value of previouspos funtion1 returns the value of previouspos, can I use it to GetAt(previouspos) the element in another function2: function2() { .... mypoint=mysegment.mypointlist.GetAt(previouspos); .... }; .... does it worked? I mean , wether the position of CList is soly and fixed when the CList created? Thanks. Thank you very much! :) Thank this newsgroup very much! :) Visual Studio ...

Recovery Method- KB977165 Can/May/Will Cause BSODs for Some Windows XP Users
New Patches Cause BSoD for Some Windows XP Users http://www.krebsonsecurity.com/2010/02/new-patches-cause-bsod-for-some-windows-xp-users/ BLUE SCREEN, UNABLE TO BOOT AFTER WINDOWS XP UPDATE TODAY http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistawu/thread/73cea559-ebbd-4274-96bc-e292b69f2fd1/ ============================================================================================ A workaround to remove KB977165 and a method to mitigate the vulnerability this update addresses has been posted in the above Windows Update forum by Kevin Hau of Microsoft: " Hello Everyo...

Need Help with Outlook Button
Hi, I am a recruitment consultant and every day I have to send tons of reject and select replies to candidates. I use Outlook 2000 and want to know if there is any way I can automate the process. Say a button on the message form where in the predefined text is automatically inserted and the message is sent. I am not a technology person and dont know how to do it. Please help me. Thanks Regards Babu Create two Outlook Templates, one for Accept and one for Reject. Or two forms and install them in your personal forms library and call the appropriate one when you need it. See F1 help fo...

Help! Import text file cannot be found
My Excel 2002 spreadsheet must import about 20 text files located in th same folder as the spreadsheet file and then does a bunch o calculations, etc., to generate a report. When I initially set it up, it works great. BUT when I take the folde containing the spreadsheet and the 20 text files to another computer, get the message "Excel cannot find the text file..." and I have to red all of the import text files again, and then it works fne again. I need to send this excel file to numerous students and colleagues, an it is a pain in the behind for everyone to have to fix the error. ...

Can I Delete Symbol in Cell That Has A Formula?
I am using Excel 2004 for Mac and can't fiigur out how to get rid of the little green triangle in the upper left hand corner of a cell that contains a formula. Is there a way to accomplish this? I am not using my Mac at the moment but a guess would be excel>preferences>error checking and uncheck enambe background error checking or something similar on a pc it's under tools>options>error checking Regards, Peo Sjoblom "John" wrote: > I am using Excel 2004 for Mac and can't fiigur out how to get rid of the > little green triangle in the upper ...

Insert GIF animated to RichEdit control....Could You Help Me Please
I have a problem on inserting a GIF to richedit, the problem is not viewing it, but it is playing it at richedit. I have a class that can play GIF animation, and I have converted it to an activeX, if I could pass this object to richedit control, and there I call its method so it can animated, do you have any suggestions on this. I wonder how MSN 6.0 plays EmotIcons. if you have other solutions, please help me on it. ...

Can I make a chart that is vertical instead of horizontal?
I have created a chart that is too wide for one page. I would like to rotate the entire chart. Is this possible? How would I do it? If it is not possible, are there any other suggestions? Hi, You can not simply rotate the chart. Possible options are; - Copy as picture and rotate the picture - print the page in landscape - use alternative chart type depending on the chart type you maybe able to rotate the chart by using an alternative chart style, like Columns > Bars. Which chart type is it? Cheers Andy Karvis wrote: > I have created a chart that is too wide for one page. I w...

Need Help! Need to Change Linked Source on Several Workbooks.
May need some expert or advanced help here. But this would save me a tremendous amount of down time. I have to update links for about 650 workbooks, each workbook is linked to the same master workbook. The current master workbook is now dated and the 650 workbooks need to be linked to the new master workbook. (Both the new & old master workbooks are setup same.) Since all of the workbooks that need to be updated are in the same folder, I would like a macro that can help automate the process by: 1. Go into this folder and open each workbook (one at a time) 2. Select edit...

One user Can't open attachements....?
I have one user that when he tries to open an attachment stored in a Note,,,he get's an error that says the file can't be found. He can "save" and then open ....other users can open no problem right from the link (vs having to save to desktop). This happens with pdfs, word docs, excel, etc..... I've seen this before and I can't remember the deal....I'm thinking it is an IE setting/issue....anyone have any thoughts? Much appreciated. anyone have any thoughts on this???? Appreicate any ideas. Thanks Skip12 wrote: > I have one user that when he tries to o...

help #14
I have the following macro running in a workbook. the problem i have with this is that when it creates the new workbook with certain sheets missing, it changes the orignal to the new workbook can anyone help Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim wb As Workbook 'copy all sheets Worksheets.Copy Set wb = ActiveWorkbook Application.DisplayAlerts = False 'delete the sheets you want wb.Sheets(Array("Suspense", "RCA exc RIM", "Operations summary", "RCA incl RIM", "First Qtr", "Second Qtr", "Third Qtr", "Fourth ...

Standard Deviation help
Ok, I have column with numbers to equal my X axis then I have 4 different columns with the data for the Y axis. I need to find the standard deviation of the 1st two columns and the standard deviation of the 2nd two columns. Then i need to graph it so only two lines show up. and then i need to put on error bars. how would i do this? any help would be much appriciated. -- paddyb270 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ paddyb270's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28445 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.co...

a primary record can only have 1 sub record?
I have table A with the following columns: ID int identity(1,1) which is a primary key Name varchar(20) not null I have table B with the following columns: ID int identity(1,1) which is a primary key Type varchar(10) not null There will be a foreign key between table A and B using the ID columns. A few questions about this kind of layout: 1. Table A's records can only have 1 record from table B linked to it. How do you do this? 2. Table A is the "parent" table and table B is the "child" table. How do you do this? "Andy B." <a_bor...

Can not remove tce/TCE_707.exe TROJAN/VIRUS
I am having problems trying to remove the following bug:- tce/TCE_707.exe I have tried Malware Bites and Superantispyware and they are unable to remove it. I infected my pc with this from a free aircraft download for my flight simulator program. I would be very gratefull for any advice. -- SEGONTIUM ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SEGONTIUM's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/169097.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1292552.htm http://forums.techarena.in SEGONTIUM wrote: ...

HELP: Heavy Computer Slowdown during Outlook 2003 email download.
Hi, I have Win Pro XP (with Service Pack 1) and Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360 SP1) Email System is based on POP3 and SMTP I use Spamnet as antispam software (a Outlook plugin) and Trend Micro Internet Security as an Antivirus. No other plugins or addins on Outlook. When I download emails, all other open programas aver very very slow and non responsive. It does not freez but it is almost imposible to work on the computer... al I can do is wait until all emails are downloaded. Then I have control again. ALso, it takes about 15 minutes every morning to download 2MB of emails. I uninstalled SpamNe...

Received .xls with macro I can't find.
I was sent an Excel file .XLS and a .XLM - So my issue is on the .XLS file theres buttons and user forms that appear when those buttons are clicked as well as other basic funcationality macros. BUT I can't find the user forms or the macros. What am I missing? -Steve Where have you looked for the Userforms and the macros? Alt + F11 to open Visual Basic Editor. Ctrl + r to open Project Explorer. Expand your workbook/project. See any Forms or Modules? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:28:32 -0800 (PST), brittonsm <brittonsm@gmail.com> wrote: ...

Can't delete messages in outbox
I have a client that has an issue of not being able to delete messages in his outbox. The result is that his clients are getting the same email, over and over again. When right clicking on the file and choosing del, the following message appears: "the file *.pst has reached its maximum size. To redce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, and then permanently delete them by pressing." We've deleted all of his sent files as well as deleted files. We also tried upgrading from OutlookXP to Outlook2003, hoping to resolve the issue. Any ...

Can't create the item #3

can i reload data onto laptop easily
Hello all, Is is possible to reload data onto a laptop client easy enough? I have finally got it to go offline of course my data groups werent correct so i have al load of record unavailable on my contacts. Can I just wipe it again and reload? I cannot see any function to do this and of course i am not going to delete the records on the laptop!!!!! thanks Una Hi, Una, This might help: You can look at the "Working with Records and Activities in Microsoft CRM Client for Outlook" topic in the Microsoft CRM Help file. If you scroll down, there is a section titled: "Deletin...