Times Tables

I am just starting to use Excell 2000. I want to make a
times tables eg 1,2,3-10 at the top of column B - K, and
1,2,3-10 at the beginning of row 2 - 11. What would be
the formula I type into B2 that I could then fill into
the rest of my table and I would have correct
multiplication in each cell.
Please e-mail me an answer. It has been driving me crazy.
I know it must be simple.
Cheers
0
sleal (1)

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 03:18:04 -0700, "Simon" <sleal@xmbox.com> wrote:

>I am just starting to use Excell 2000. I want to make a
>times tables eg 1,2,3-10 at the top of column B - K, and
>1,2,3-10 at the beginning of row 2 - 11. What would be
>the formula I type into B2 that I could then fill into
>the rest of my table and I would have correct
>multiplication in each cell.

In cell B2:
=B$1*$A2

That is, keep the header rows and column absolute, everything else is
relative.

>Please e-mail me an answer.

Sorry, not usually done in these parts.

>It has been driving me crazy.
>I know it must be simple.

Hank Scorpio
scorpionet who hates spam is at iprimus.com.au (You know what to do.)
* Please keep all replies in this Newsgroup. Thanks! *
0
ApolloXVIII (173)
8/11/2003 10:30:33 AM
Hello Simon,

Enter in B2 =$A2*B$1. Then copy B2 & paste to K11 or your
desired range.

The '$' sign is to tell Excel to not alter column or row
reference ie. making it absolute reference.

Example:
$A2 --> Disallow column ref change / Allow row ref change
B$1 --> Allow column ref change / Disallow row ref change
$J$6 --> Disallow both column & row change
H12 --> Allow both column & row change

Everybody starts somewhere. No worries. Have fun with
Excel. It's trully an amazing application.

HTH (meaning Hope That Helps)
Edmund Seet

Is there a way to delete multiple queries at the same time?
I have a database that has 2008 and 2009 records. I want to delete the 2008 queries. Is there a way to delete multiple queries at the same time? It takes so long to delete them 1 by 1. Also, at the end of each year I have to copy the database and change the name to the new year, now is 2010. Then I have to go into that database and reconfigure all the queries to use 2010 instead of 2009, for example. After I reconfigure the new years queries, having them look towards the 2010 database instead of 2009, I have to delete the old year's records, tables and queries. Is th...

table is not displayed in word 2003 while copy the table form web
hi friends , there is a table in web page. i am trying to copy it and past to word 2003.but the datas only displayed without table. please any one help me to solve this problem If you copy the data and look in the Paste Special dialog box (Edit | Paste Special), which options are available there? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Akbar" <Akbar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC17B9EE-0299-470F-BF7D-F73E70958D6C@microsoft.com... > hi friends , > > there is a table in web page. i am trying to copy it and past to word ...

Adding data to the data table without adding a data marker to the chart
I have a chart that needs to display totals on the data table without creating a data marker on the chart. Can this be done? Thanks for any suggestions. 1. Include the Totals in the chart, so they'll appear in the DataTable. 2. Select the Totals series, and choose Format>Selected Data Series. 3. Set the Line to None, and Marker to None. (for a column chart, set Border and Area to None) 4. Select the Axis, choose Secondary, click OK 5. Select the secondary Y axis, and choose Format>Selected axis 6. On the Patterns tab, change all settings to None, click OK BA wrote: > I ...

Schedule meeting-same day with block time (e.g. 9-10am & 2-4 p.m)
I would like to schedule a meeting that occurs for a few hours in the morning (9-10 a.m) and will continue at a later time in the day (2-4 p.m.). I do not want to schedule two seperate meetings but one with an itinerary. I do not want to have the entire day show as unavailable for the unscheduled time (10-2). Any way to accomplish this? "klazuiere" <klazuiere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5F9578E-E579-4090-88D8-1180CBCC2062@microsoft.com... >I would like to schedule a meeting that occurs for a few hours in the morning > (9-10 a.m) ...

how to sort outlook messages by time then date
Cant find a way within outlook to sort messages by time of day 1st then by date. Is there a custom query or VBA script for this. pmr wrote: > Cant find a way within outlook to sort messages by time of day 1st then by > date. Is there a custom query or VBA script for this. That doesn't make sense. If you first sort by time of day then there would be no point in sorting by date. What you ask for would group all e-mails that came in at, say, 1:00PM but across multiple days. You would see your 1PM e-mails together for a month ago, last week, yesterday, and today, then ...

Using Checkboxes to add data to a table.
I have been having trouble developing this form for a couple of days. It seems the solution should be simple but so am I. I have an input form with four text boxes. I need to use the same data and create a new line in the table for up to but not always 9 different company positions. I was given a possible way of keeping the info on the form for the next position using the AfterUpdate event and setting the default back to the same box. But in using his suggestion I get #NAME? for the boxes with text when I select the next new record. The boxes with numbers come back the way he said it wo...

Text to Columns issue with Date & Time
I exported a report from our problem tracking system into Excel, and th date and time show up in one cell together with a space between. Ex 10/25/04 14:56. When I try to split them into two columns using the 'Text to Columns feature, (space delimited) it changes it to three columns that loo like this: A) 10/25/04 0:00 B) 1/0/00 2:56 C) PM I don't want the 0:00 in column A, or the 1/0/00 in column B, and m preference is that it would leave the time in a 24 hour format although that's not critical. Ideal would be A) 10/25/04 B 14:56. I tried formatting the column...

Pivot Table Grouping (Excel 2000)- This has to be simple
I want to count the number of events that occur in 10 minute increments over a period of days. I can easily count count the number of events, but the default is for each minute and I don't see any way to change it to 10 minute increments? Is this possible? Any help is appreciated. You could add a column to your source data, with the formula: =MINUTE(A2) where Time is in column A. Add the new field to your pivot table, and group on it. uncoolfester wrote: > I want to count the number of events that occur in 10 minute increments over > a period of days. I can easily cou...

Table Link
When i link the excel file in Tables objects using Link Table wizard, in one of the step the wizard ask 'Choose the delimiter that separates your fields' here when i tick Comma to separate the fields, the problem iam facing here is even my data/content other than heading also got separated as the data contains comma. I have 25 excel workbook to be linked, so its not easy to copy each excel file manually into new designed table example question: customerName,Amount bonney,A,12000 Answer: CustomerName Amount bonney,A 12000 My file is not a exce...

pivot table error/question
I have a pivot table which has interest rate as one of its fields and the data is an amount. if I use a cell to the right of a my table and link it to lets say the total column within a given interest rate, it gives me that total correctly using the "getpivotdata" function for all but one of the rates. The one cell which doesnt work right gives me the #ref error. I've been researching the help menu for this function. Neither of the examples of causes of that error are the case here. I dont know if this will be possible to answer without seeing the sheet (its large, ...

What tables and fields should I use?
I am looking for database design help with my tables and fields. I have 75 questions, but I will continue to add more. I plan on giving at least 100 answers to each question. As a result I want to be able to keep a record of all the answers I give for a particular question. How many tables would you recommend I use? and what fields should be in each table? Teddy, Have a look at... http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3 -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.r...

How to show/hide range of Month on Pivot Table
Hi, I have a pivot table set up and I would like to show the data for different ranges of month in 2 years. i.e. I want to show data between 2004 July to 2005 December only, is it possible? I could do that with excel 97, but everytime when I hide Jan-Jun for 2004, these month got hidden in 2005 automatically too. I hope the upgrade to 2003 didn't take away this capability...i have many things set up that require this function... Thanks a bunch! ...

Function needed to search and pull data from 1 table to another
Really need some help to determine what function/formula to use. Table A contains names of Learners and their job functions. The same learner could be there twice, and some learners have no job funtion. Learner Name Job Function A, EASWAR Marketing A, EASWAR Marketing Aarts, Hans Abib, Marcelo Research Abib, Marcelo Research Abo El Azayem, Mohamed HR Abou-Taleb, Khaled Marketing Aceña Garcia, Luis Sales The second table just has learner names. I need to pull the job function from the other table to this. However, note that there could be someone on this list that is no...

Status column in PurchaseOrderEntryDetail table
Hello, We're trying to populate the serial # into this table and run across the 'Status' column. What are the possible values for 'Status' column? Most of the time we see the value of '2', what does it mean? Please help. Many Thanks & Best Regard, Nikki ...

Outlook Mail Messages Aren't Showing Images
When Outlook has been recently started, it shows images in email messages in accord with my "trust" and "safe senders" settings and lists. However, after a short period of use, it begins to cease showing images (even when re-opening messages that displayed properly, previously). Often, I can't see messages at all (yes, even those that have had the sender and/or URL listing added to my safe senders list). In order to see the messages, I often have to choose "Reply" or "Forward" (and even then I may not be able to see the images). Any ideas?...

New table field not showing up as a Control Source
How can I get the text box field on my form to populate my new column in my backend table?I went into Design View for my table and added a new field that I want to be populated from my form.When I added the new text box to my form, it showed up as Unbound. I clicked on Properties for that particular text box and went to select the Control Source from the drop down menu - however my new table field did not show up in the drop down.How can I get the text box field on my form to populate my new column in my backend table?Thanks for your help,Matt Is your table the record source of that form? Mo...

how do i convert a number into minutes for a time of completion c.
I do not know where to get a formula to convert a number into minutes and have it take a given time and add to it to give me a completion time for a specific task Set up the following A1 = Start time (say 10:00) A2 = Task Duration (I am presuming you want to enter 20 instead of 00:20) A3 = formula =A1+((A2/24)/60) Answer = 10:20 when formatted as hh:mm -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "dhelmers" <dhelmers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC26157F-A47C-4020-99BB-00DE186C4156@microsoft.c...

Converting heading/table/figure fields correctly to .pdf?
I'm using Microsoft Word 2007. So here's the problem. I have a very long document (300+ pages) that has made very good use of the list styles for headings, tables, and figures so that when the document is changed, the fields are automatically updated (almost a necessity with how much it is edited, and the size of the document). The problem is, we often times have to publish this document to a .pdf. When using the Word 2007 default "Publish to PDF or XDS" function, it drops the heading numbers from the headings in the bookmarks on the .pdf (i.e. the bookmarks...

Image linked to table
I have a dbase that I developed a few years ago using Access 2003. I have a form that brings together a variety of information about a student based on a query using several tables. One of the tables is the tblImages. The link is the student ID. I have a folder in the same directory that contains images of the students. In the database, I have a table called tblImages. The fields in the table are Student ID and a link to the image in the external directory. I right click on the field and select import object then click the link box and locate the image. I used to be able ...

Pivot Table
Greetings I have a pivot table with dates as the headings, but the dates are grouped into month and year. My data is financial year july 03-june 04 and I would like to select "Show items with no data" from the month field, but this displays january to June 03 which I don't want to see because it is not in the 03/04 year. How can I display all months in the 03/04 financial year only (and not display jan-jun 03 or jul-dec 04) thanks in advance. Dan ...

Purchase Invoice Matching Table
Hi Im looking to build a report in smartlist builder that shows me shipment line items with purchase invoice detail if they have been matched. I cant find the table/field that links shipments and invoices - can anyone help? Regards Martin You can use POP30310 (with PO#) or POP30300 -- Microsoft Dynamics GP MVP http://ddelprado.blogspot.com "Martin P" wrote: > Hi > > Im looking to build a report in smartlist builder that shows me shipment > line items with purchase invoice detail if they have been matched. > > I cant find the table/field that links ship...

Report with relational tables?
Hi Everyone, I'm here a couple times a year and I always have to relearn when I start a new project. This one is much harder than I've done before. Here is what I am doing. I am exporting data from our school software system to create a form that parents will fill out to re-enroll their children in our school. I have made 4 tables. The primary one is for student information. I am using a student id as the primary key. I made a second table with parent information, again using student id to relate them, but not as the primary key. Many students have up to 4 parents, so the...

Can I use a 'lookup' to a Pivot Table?
I am attempting to compare one column of data (a list Employee numbers) to another (on a different sheet in the same workbook, also of Ee #s but not as complete) and put the number in the corresponding cell back to the original spreadsheet. Since the lists aren't exact, I can't simply do an (='other sheet'!A1)and drag it down. The lists are both formated as numbers and in numerical order but not the same length. The oddity is that the sheet I'm referencing to is a Pivot Table. I'm getting a #N/A message. Thanks in advance You could use the GETPIVOTDATA function: ...

pivot table
After refreshing data, three columns of data are missing. I have to dag the field to the table again. Does anyone know what's wrong? i'm using excel 2003. thanks/jj Please check the column header , if any change in header it is missing from pivot after refreshing. Sanjeev "JJ" wrote: > After refreshing data, three columns of data are missing. I have to dag the > field to the table again. Does anyone know what's wrong? i'm using excel > 2003. > > thanks/jj ...

Saving form takes a long time
Hi all, In Access2003 I have a frontend of about 2MB (backend is about 1,5 MB and has about 8 tables). The frontend consists of 4 forms, 6 reports, 2 modules, and some queries. The biggest and main form in the frontend seems like a normal form to me. It has a subform in it and in my eyes not too much code. However, when I make a simple change to the form, for instance making a field bigger or add a button with 3 lines of code, and I want to save the form it takes 1 to 2 minutes to save. Although there are no signs of a corrupt database I tried compact and repair. This action is done pr...