Times & Seconds Problem

I need to convert a time in a numerical value.  The time is in th
format hh:mm:ss.

The best way is to give an example of converting 00:01:00 into bein
displayed as 60 (seconds)

Thanks

Gle

Hi
if your time value is in cell A1 use the formula
=A1*24*60*60
and format this target cell as 'General'

is in the
>format hh:mm:ss.
>
>The best way is to give an example of converting 00:01:00
into being
>displayed as 60 (seconds)
>
>Thanks
>
>Glen
>

>---
>
>.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/13/2004 9:26:15 AM
If time is in cell A2, format another cell as NUMBER and use thi
formula in that NUMBER cell:
=(86400)*A2

86400 is the number of seconds in a day.  It helps to remember tha
Excel stores dates and times as a regular old number with the decima
portion being a fraction of one day.  (To see this number, take one o
your HH:MM:SS cells and format it as number.

Bank reconciliation problem
I have a foreign currency checkbook and cash account. The cash account doesn't match the balance for the checkbook. I've looked at the individiual transactions and they seem to make senes, so any advice on wehre to look would help. thx if this is the first time you reconcile this checkbook, the dif could be opening balance. "cimino172@gmail.com" wrote: > I have a foreign currency checkbook and cash account. The cash account > doesn't match the balance for the checkbook. I've looked at the > individiual transactions and they seem to make senes, so any a...

Apology for insuffient data on IE problems
I've never post to a forum before so I let my other half do it for me, and for that I am sorry. My problem started 2 days ago when IE 7 quit opening internet pages. I have a Dell laptop running windows XP Professional. I am using a verizon mifi for the internet. Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN is the wireless that cam with the laptop. IE7 was working fine, then 2 days ago it started bringing up a page saying internet explorer cannot display internet page. And this: ('Customize Your Settings' (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=74005)) is what is in the address ...

problem with filename.msg
Hi, I have a file called passwords.msg. It contains all of my online passwords. It has always appeared as a note on my taskbar. Although it is still there, whenever I click to open it, I get the message that outlook has performed an illegal operation and will shut down. Any way to retrieve this file? Thanks, jo ...

Trouble with "Time and Billing Database" template
Hello, I'm new to using online templates but need a new database that this template is set up well to use, but I'm not a expert in Access, I understand the basics, but not the more complicated code. As I said, I like the general setup of this template but have noticed a couple of bugs that I'm not sure how to fix. (There's a Dlookup on the timecard report that isn't functioning correctly and the timecard report doesn't print correctly). I just started getting into this (to set it up for my business) and noticed these bugs. Does anyone have any advice? Should I ...

Greylisting problem #3
We're having a problem with e-mail sent to recipients outside of our organisation where the recipient mail server is using greylisting. When our system receives the first greylisting response, it resends, as expected. However, it then gets another greylisting response. I thought that a greylisting system should accept any subsequent sends? An example of SMTP log entries is as follows: 2007-02-23 12:19:35 TheirIP2 OutboundConnectionResponse SMTPSVC1 OurServer - 25 - - 220+TheirServer2.TheirDomain+ESMTP+Exim+4.43+Fri,+23+Feb+2007+12:19:29++0000 0 0 69 0 30110 SMTP - - - - 2007-02-23...

2006 from 2005 install problem?
Money 2006 Deluxe has made me an instant millionaire!! It converted my 2005 file fine -- no complaints, but at least in one of my accounts the balance is grossly inflated -- doesnt even match the sum of the entries in the account. I have looked at all transactions and their details -- they match the line entries I have done Quick and standard file repair -- nothing changes -- Log says no broken records This sucks I would like to go back to 2005 -- but of course it was uninstalled by 2006 Anyone experience such a problem -- solution? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, ulall wrote: >Mo...

Run-time error 91 Object variable [2003]
Hi. All, I've been using this code for some time without any problems, suddenly I get this run time error - Object variable or With block variable not set. Appreciate your help! Thank you Public Sub KryShtBld() Dim MatchSht, sht As Object For Each sht In Sheets If sht.Range("D1") = Range("bladsoek").Value Then Set MatchSht = sht Exit For End If Next sht With MatchSht sht.Activate <------------- Error here End With Exit Sub End Sub -- HJN I doubt it ever worked as "sht.Activate" is outside your For each sht loop. Try; Su...

problems sending/receiving emails Exchange 2003 SP2
Ok, let me first start by saying that I know I've committed several sins in this process, but I need to know what to do to get this fixed. Before my problems began I was running Win2000 Server SP4 w/ Exchange 2003 SP1. This server is a DC in the domain, and this is the only Exchange server in the domain. For sake of discussion we'll call the server SERVEREXCH Today, because I'm an idiot I was looking at installing DNS on the server and saw that IIS SMTP and NNTP were installed, so I removed them. This proceeded to be the beginning of the end. Soon after doing this the Exchange...

Storing time formats in strings
Cell "A1" is formatted to accept time data in the format of: [h]:mm If I run the following code: Dim s as String s = Range("A1").Value MsgBox s The message box will display a long floating point number instead of the time that is displayed in the cell. Is there a way to store the time that is displayed in a cell into a string variable?? thnak you Use the Text property instead of the Value property... s = Range("A1").Text -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.c...

Office 98 Office Manager Problem #3
Hello Folks. This is my first post here. System: Powerbook G3 Series 1999 running Mac OS 9.2.2 Installed Office 98 from original CD after cleaning hard drive. "Customize..." in Office Manager menu does nothing. Opening Microsoft Office Manager Control Panel does nothing. Any ideas please? Am I missing a file from value pack? Thanks. Gordon F. Howell ghowell(NOSPAM)@princemusictheater.org or GFHowell(NOSPAM)@aol.com Did you use to be able to customize the Office manager for Office 98? I had this problem with your same configuration and never solved it, but I was very un-computer-sa...

problem #3
Hi I have a problem in excel when i try to import data from MSSql with Import external data: I must use the same condition in two places in the same query..something like that: select col2 from d where col1=? union select col3 from d where id not in (select col2 from d where col1=?) this query works perfectly in MSSql, but when I try to do this in my ".dqy" file the excel tell me I have an error in my sql... pls help me ...

Problem creatting charts with VBA
In Excel 2007, when I create a new chart using Charts.Add I get a chart that has all the series of a previously created chart. How can I prevent this? I want a clean slate. I know that in the past I could not avoid having at least one series when creating a chart. I simply redefine the attributes of series one. And this seems to be true of 2007 as well. TheWizEd - Jon Peltier's web page, "Quick Excel Chart VBA Examples," might be useful, at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/QuickChartVBA.html Note that he uses ChartObjects.Add instead of Charts.A...

The stupid budget and transfers problem and brokerage accounts
I found the incredibly stupid fix at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;80453 for trying to make transfers show up in budget reports the right way - however I move money around in my brokerage account a lot and there is no way to use that workaround with the investment account because you can't split a transaction in there. Can anyone think of another workaround? My budget just shows $18000 transfers out of budget accoutns so the reports show me as grossly exceeding my budget. This is so stupid, another Microsoft screw-up! Does Quicken deal with this stuff a...

Problems with forms
I am having two problems with forms: 1. All of my forms go the full window. There are no borders on my forms! I am setup with Single View, as I want and all of the properties are as they should be. 2. I have three tables that have multiple Yes/No boxes on them as defined in the setup of the tables Each box Lookup in the table is set to be a checkbox. But when I put one of these fields on the form and right click on the text box and go to Change To the checkBox Option is grayed out. Can Anyone Help?? TIA -- Ron On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 19:27:01 -...

Outlook Address Book Problem
I'm a new Outlook user and am using the program in my home office--in other words, I'm not on a network. Often when I type or paste the phone number of a new contact into the box on a new address form, Outlook automatically tries to dial the phone number. When I try to Cancel, Outlook immediately tries to dial again. Each time this has occurred, I've been unable to stop the cycle and have had to force a shutdown. It literally froze my computer. I did receive an error message once that even said some programs would immediately try to reconnect if I cancelled. But that...

Money 98 Statement Import Problem #2
Hi, I'm having some trouble with my Money 98 Datafile. Ever since I imported a certain OFC file into money (at least, that's when I think it started), clicking on the "Update Acccount Register" button after choosing "Read Statement" in the Account register, does nothing. (As opposed to opening a window that allows you to update the account register.) Is it possible to clear/remove the imported statement, or to otherwise fix the problem? Thankyou, Jacob Buys (wjbuys@gmail.com) I'm not sure whether this will work right back to Money 98, but try going to the a...

Exchange 2003 second server redundancy off site
We currently run exchange 2003 here at our main location. We have had an issue arrise where our power went out for an extended time and the generator ran out of fuel taking down our e-mail completely. I need to implement some sort of rudundance so that if this happens again we do not lose the e-mails that were received during the outage. I have another sister company that also runs Exchange 2003. Is it possible to have two servers back each other up and if so how would I get started on this. On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 10:59:07 -0800, "Rick" <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Addition problem
Dear All I hope this is the right group, as I don't often post. I have a large spreadsheet with a currency column, whereby someone puts in a quantity in column A and it automatically works out a Price due in column H. I need to let column H add up a total amount due in the last cell at the bottom of the column. I have tried manually putting in "=SUM(H13:H2671)" and also highlighted all the relevant cells and clicking on the quick sum icon, but all I keep getting in the last cell is; #VALUE! As I have done this before with no problem, I am wondering what I am doing wron...

MS crm 4.0 email router LOAD DATA Problem
Unable to load users,queue and forward mailboxes when clicking on the load data button on the email router. An error appear that it can find http://crm/ORG. I have followed all configuration steps but still unable to get it to work. Anyone has any idea? have you entered the correct url to Microsoft crm server? /Aamir ...

Exchange ActiveSync problems
I am getting Event ID: 3029 on my exchange server when I try sync with a windows mobile device. Message: The mailbox server [exchange0.corp.eyesouth.com] has its [/Test] virtual directory set to require SSL. Exchange ActiveSync cannot access the server if SSL is set to be required. For information about how to correctly configure Exchange virtual directory settings, see Microsoft Knowledge Base article 817379, "Exchange ActiveSync and Outlook Mobile Access errors occur when SSL or forms-based authentication is required for Exchange Server 2003" (http:// go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?l...

Outlook 2003 problems 04-27-10
1. Calendar reminders Cancelled 6 months ago are showing up marked 26 & 27 weeks overdue. 2. When I open Outlook 2003 the last new email received has a delete line through it. ...

Time Difference
Greetings, I have 3 columns in a worksheet. Col A: Shows time information as a string Col B: Some task that need to be performed based on time information provided in Col A Col C: This is entered manually to tell when the task was actually performed. Example: Col A Col B Col C (Updated time) 5:00 PM Do something 5:20 PM There is a requirement that whenever the time difference between Col A and Col C is more than 30 mins, user should be prompted up an message showing where the discrepany is when he tries to either close or save...

Outlook 2003 and Exchange Problems
Hi All If you've seen the postings between LanWench and myself you will know that we don't have a conventional set up at my place, but I need your assistance on the following problems: 1) I'm running Outlook 2003 on a WinXP Pro (all web updates + SP1) machine. If I retrieve an email from my external Internet POP3 account and want to forward it to somebody on my local Exchange network, I go to the Actions/Resend menu option on the message, change the Account dropdown from my default to my Exchange account, type my friend's Exchange email address in the To box and then send it ...

Problem with Access 2007 on Windows 7 64-bit
Access 2007 hangs when i try to open av Table view with more than approx. 20 records ...

Investment, MoneyCentral Problems #2
Microsoft Money 2005 Standard - Current Version Problem 1) I have a Stock that I have owned since 1976 that I won in a contest. I have taken the time to enter the 29 years of dividend history. For 2004 I have entered the Dividends as a transfer into my Checking Account to match with the Direct Deposit. When the transaction is recorded everything shows up okay - Dividend in Investment and Category and Deposit in Checking. Something is triggering money to take this dividend and change to as a payment in my checking and changing dividend transaction from a positive amount to a negative account....