Time Required to Save a File

I have a large Excel file that takes about 15 seconds to save if I have two
other files open that the first file is linked to.   If I do not have these
two other files open it takes several minutes to save the first file.  Does
anyone know what is causing this, and if it can be fixed?  I do not always
remember to open the other two files so I am frequently stuck waiting for the
first file to save.

Thanks, John
0
JohnM (106)

Do you have calculation set to manual?

There's an option to recalculate before you save.
Tools|options|calculation tab
If you have manual calculation set, you could turn off the option to recalc
before save.

Any chance?

--

Dave Peterson
0

PNG files not displayed
Help! I have a problem where PNG files I insert into Publisher aren't correctly displayed. The image place-holder is visible, but no image. Other graphics file-types are fine, but not PNG's. Another user with identical hardware and software can view the same PNG's without problems. I've tried resintalling Office and service packs with no success. However, when printing the publication, the PNG graphics are produced with no problems. I'm running Office 2003 sp 1. Thanks in advance! Casey. Casey <Casey@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utte...

Problem to open excel file
Hi to all, I have a problem with all excel file. The user can't open all excel file when she did a double click on it. She has this error message : "cannot find the file 'c:\documents and settings\desktop\......test.xls' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct. And that all required libraries are available" Do you know what can I do to solve the issue?? regards Malcolm Your Excel file association may be lost. Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes and note the space before the / mark). You may have to en...

Excel is creating temp files Help!!!
Hi i have to files in excel, i cant figure it out, whenever i open th files, they create temp files into the same location, when i shut dow the program the temp files are left there. Is their a way to make it so temp files are not saved. Or is their a way to make it so that the creation of temp files i turned off. Thanks jaso -- greenfalco ----------------------------------------------------------------------- greenfalcon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1362 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26182 What do th...

Importing a Lotus file with a *.123 extension
My company uses Excel 97 and 2000 and we've received a Lotus file with a *.123 extension. Excel will not allow me to open it as it does not have the *.wk? format. I searched the web and while I found numerous people with the same problem I found no one who had the conversion answer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Find someone with Lotus ver 9 or higher. Have them open the file, and save it as *.wk4 If you dont have Lotus available and want you can send it to me and I will do it for you Thanks "jim" <jimsto@gorbel.com> wrote in message news:088d01c35...

Navigation Bars
I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to publish to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). How do I resolve this?? Answer found in the web group. DavidF "Tom Snyder" <Tom Snyder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A55B689-FE9D-4E1E-9B6C-3ED571156D46@microsoft.com... >I put Navigation bars on my publisher website document. When I try to >publish > to a file or to the web, the Navigation Bars do not appear on the page(s). > How do I resolve this?? Tony, did you get an answer to this...

Run Time error 9 #2
Hi all, I thought I found the fault but I still can't get it to work! I am trying to copy sheet called "inventory" to a new workbook save it with the name of the value in cell X4 and close it and return to the original workbook. Thanks for any help Sheets("Inventory").Select Sheets("Inventory").Copy Sheets("Inventory").Name = "Inventory List" With ActiveWorkbook .SaveAs Filename:=Worksheets(" Inventory List ").Range("x4").Value End With You got a pretty good reply at your other post in...

How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I don't know how to. Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled Date Count 1/1/2006 12 1/2/2006 3 1/3/2006 5 2/1/2006 18 2/3/2006 4 2/18/2006 9 4/1/2006 18 7/4/2006 38 Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis with symbols. 1/31/2006 2/18/2006 4/2/2006 I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled chart, with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please ...

How Do I Copy My Outlook Files To My New Computer?
I exported my Outlook files from my old computer and burned them to a CD. During the export process, it asked me three times for a password. When I tried to import these files to my new computer I got "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file." Can anyone help? Apart from the fact that Import/Export options often lead to corruption - you should use a simple pst copy - The pst needs to be on the hd and the read only flag off, before In OL attempting to open it. NB not import <aprice6@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1145746658.84...

Using XP Briefcase with money file

Help with automating file name
I have the following code that exports the below query to excell. I would like the files name to include the month and date. How would I format this? DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "qryShopOrderSqFtShippedSummaryExport",_ acFormatXLS, "W:\Cokato\Production\ProdRoomRpt.xls" -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200708/1 Hi, Matt. > I would > like the files name to include the month and date. Uh, . . . the date _always_ includes the month, unless you're r...

How do I convert time (hh:mm) to value ($$) in Excel?
Would like to calculate cost of time. Eg. Cost for production down time per minute is $100. Says production doen for 3.5 hrs, what is formula shall I apply in order to generate the cost (in $$). =3.5*60*100 "ahfen79" wrote: > Would like to calculate cost of time. Eg. Cost for production down time per > minute is $100. Says production doen for 3.5 hrs, what is formula shall I > apply in order to generate the cost (in $$). =(3.5/24)*60*100 -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "ahfen79" <ahfen79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

outlook adreddbook file
I want to export the addressbook flie into database to be uses in a quiry. is it possible and how do i do it? Outlook has no separate "address book file." Contact data is stored in your Contacts Folder Use the Export Wizard to export it to the format that best suits your needs. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Helpneeded" <derontayp@aol.com> wrote in message news:261e01c3af79$7d94e740$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I want to export the addressbook flie into database to be > uses in a quiry. is it possible and how do i do it? ...

Contact file not visible when importing or exporting contacts
I'm tidying up all my contacts files for email and also for my mobile ph using outlook. Have done this many times without any problems and am familiar with import export process. I exported all the contacts to an excel file to work on as it's much easier than through outlook. Had a hiccup at first as when I got to the select a contact file to export there was just a blank space. I exited outlook and went back in and it was all OK. Now I've finished the excel spreadhsheet and want to reimport it but it's the same problem in reverse. I can't "see" a co...

How to remove the /dde from Windows Explorer File Open on Install
I have an MDI app that I would like to open a file on a double click in Windows Explorer. Unfortunately the Explorer File Type (Tools>Folder Options... File Types tab) is set so that the command invokes dde. Ie. The "open" option under the "Advanced" button is C:\Path...\App.exe /dde and the DDE message is [open("%1")]. This never seems to work as my app never sees the dde message and the initialization of m_pCmdInfo via: m_pCmdInfo = (CCommandLineInfo*)(UINT_PTR)m_nCmdShow; sets the pointer to one and the app fails on exit. This is referred as a kn...

Force command to run for each computer in txt file list of compute
I have a few hundred computers that haven't been defragged in years. I was wondering if rather than doing it manually, if someone had a script where if i just put all the computer names in a txt file, it would iterate through the list and perform a "defrag c: -f" on them all from my workstation. The workstations all have the same local administrator password, so the process would be the same for each. I just dont know how to write scripts. I know if i were going to do this manually from my computer I would run the command below for each ComputerName psexec ...

Recovery after "do not save changes" selected accidently
I mistakenly clicked on "do not save changes" for a worksheet (file) that i'd been working on (I thought a different file was highlighted). As it turns out I had not saved the original file in over a day, though the autosave is set up. is there any way to get my file back, or at least an intermediate version, instead of one with a day's less of work??? help!!!!!! Thanks very much for your help! Sorry to say, but your day's work is gone. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Mayukh" <msukhatme@hotmail.com> wrote in...

How do I add multiple times together
Hi does anyone know how I can add multiple times togther and get the anser in hours and minutes. I have formatted the cell for time however when I atosum I keep getting an answer that is incorrect. Any help? Thanks D Maybe it was just a formatting problem. Try a custom format of: [hh]:mm Playhouse pm wrote: > > Hi does anyone know how I can add multiple times togther and get the anser in > hours and minutes. I have formatted the cell for time however when I atosum I > keep getting an answer that is incorrect. Any help? > Thanks > D -- Dave Peterson ...

Date/Time Displayed as 07/tt/jjjj
Hi, I'm new with MS CRM and just testing it. I have a prob with all date/time fields like described in the subject of this post. Timezone is set for all users Problem occurs in all date/time fields in the web application Anyone has a clue? Regards Jan As Administrator, go to Home > Settings > there is an area in there (can't remember what its called) that enable you to change default date/time format "JanScheider" <JanScheider@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F1F22171-AEDC-4222-A8CE-3E333B0576CA@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'...

Run-time error '380'
Back in 2003 I created a macro for a form that was working fine. I haven't used it since but now that I need it, I get all these strange errors that I am sure where not there back in 2003 (e.g. I had to in include VBA in the following line: txtBirth.Value = VBA.Format(spnBirth.Value, "d-mmm-yyyy") Now my problem is with the code: spnDOE.Value = Date when I get a run-time error 380 that it could not set the value property. Invalid property value. Any ideas? ...

RPC requires a double login
The owner of my company states that his RPC connection to the server is not acting properly. Basically when he opens Outlook, it take about 3 minutes before he is prompted for a password. He then enters his password and has to wait another 3 minutes before it times out. If he selects try again, the connection goes through in about 2 minutes and he can work normally. He states the only change to his system is that he need to get a new Router a Dlink DRI655. Any ideas of what the problem could be would be appreicated. Thank you, Adele I'd start by looking at the time...

Open excel file
Hi, I want to open excel file using a commnad button placed in a form. I have read the other questions to this to use runapplication. But, what I am looking for is as follows: i have tax database which contain the taxpayer name, taxyear and the Taxid number. I have placed this table in a form. The tax caluclations are made in excel and stored in a particular folder say named, Tax_comp and with filenames Taxpayer_year.xlsx. I want to place a command button on the form, and when the user clicks the command button, i want the particular tax payer excel tax computation file sto...