Time Problem

I have uploaded an ASCII text file to Excel. One of the fields is a 6 digit
field for time. When I get it in the spreadsheet, I can not change it to
time (154503 - should be 15:45:03). I've tried all the time and custom
features but it still won't work or it will give me 00:00:00.
Any ideas what I need to do?

Robert (RJ) Smith  T.E.M.
Beaumont Police - Sgt.
Beaumont Emergency Management - Assist Coord.
P.O. Box 3827
Beaumont Tx 77701
409-880-3830 (Off) 409-880-3895 (Fax)
www.disaster-research.us

"Robert Smith" <sgtsmithem@ih2000.net> wrote in message
> I have uploaded an ASCII text file to Excel. One of the fields is a 6
digit
> field for time. When I get it in the spreadsheet, I can not change it to
> time (154503 - should be 15:45:03). I've tried all the time and custom
> features but it still won't work or it will give me 00:00:00.
> Any ideas what I need to do?

You could use a formula such as
=TIME(LEFT(A1,2),MID(A1,3,2),RIGHT(A1,2))

0
Anon

Problems with creating a newsletter

CSV File Problem

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Month problem

Rounding Problem

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Offline folder problems #2

OLK 2k7

outlook 2k2 problem

Mother of a sumproduct (ish) problem!

Hyperlink problem #3

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Spam is a big big problem
Spam is a big big problem ...

question about Time

Time Clock Systems
Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates well with GP? On Oct 5, 10:20 am, kcd <k...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates > well with GP? We just implemented Time Matrix by Business Computers (www.business- computers.com) and are very happy with it. We implemented quickly the hardware wasn't propietary or complicated so we were able to source our own stuff. Troy I can speak highly of Unitime's time and attendance system. They are a relatively low cost solution t...

Problem with Database Wizard

Short time vs short date

Strange problem
We have been rolling out new Windows 7 workstations (all new computers) at work over the last few months and a strange problem has developed. Prior to Windows 7 we were using Windows XP with Office 2007. The problem is, we have a workbook which uses a UserForm for filling in all required information. Prior to rolling out the new Windows 7 workstations, the workbook and UserForm were working flawlessly (for over a year) and they still work flawlessly on the first 3 Windows 7 workstations but on the last 2 workstations we rolled out if you open the UserForm and leave it open for ...

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)

TABSTOP problem
I have a dialog where in depending on the selection from a combo box, the controls below are going to be different. For doing this I have put a static control in the place where I am going to show different controls. I have created different dialog templates for each option. Consider the case of particular option, say "MySQL". Corresponding to this option, there is a dialog in resource, the style of which is child and no border. I have added a class for this dialog called CMySQLDialog. Inside CMySQLDialog there is a function called CreateFromStatic which takes parent and ID as parame...